Burn That Fire Leaves Avatar
Burn That Fire Leaves
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 30, 2020 19:46:16 GMT
burn that fire leaves
template by punki of adoxography
so watch my wings burn as they burn in the fire

i'll scatter the ashes, no need for the choir
Not knowing the territory very well was slowly getting frustrating. He'd had to send a scout back to camp earlier in the day during a training exercise because she hadn't known where to step and had rushed into a maneuver, only to trip and tumble down a thankfully not-too-sheer cliff-side. She'd been fine, if not a bit winded, but a sentry had to help her back to camp because she couldn't put weight on one of her paws and Burn suspected it was twisted, at the least. So maybe she wasn't fine, but she was alive and that was the best they could ever hope for. 

He himself had almost gotten himself lost the day prior, paws carrying him one way while his eyes saw the mountains back home and he'd had to catch the end of a patrol just to get himself back to camp, to his embarrassment. Frustrating might not have been the word to use anymore, as it was borderline with infuriating. 

The camp settled for the night and Burn took his place in the prey circle, mechanically biting into whatever prey was passed his way before passing it along to the next Tribemate. Before long, some type of forest prey he couldn't remember the name of was dropped at his paws and cats were standing, separating into smaller circles to finish their meals among friends and family. He stood as well, surveying his options; he could go off and sit by himself as he tended to do, though he knew Ripple would join him before long. Burn's eye caught Lavender by herself, however, and he slowly started that way with the kill hanging loosely from his jaws, plopping down heavily next to her with a brisk 'hey' before he took another bite and passed it along to her.

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Preymaster
Kein Jair
Blooming Fields of Lavender Avatar
Blooming Fields of Lavender
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Jun 7, 2020 2:08:04 GMT
Lavender's mind was buzzing; excitement running through her veins. The she-cat considered herself a little timid, cowardly, even. She had been trying to be more like her brother, Burn. The tom had achieved a lot in his life and she couldn't help but feel warmth and pride for her sibling. Dragonfly's gentle words echoed back to her. I thought you were brave. A smile evident on the silvery feline's face. Lavender did try to be brave, so it was really warm to see the reality of her efforts come to light.

The she-cat waddled into the camp, smiling away to herself as she hopped over small rocky formations and proceeded towards the main camp. She saw various faces, a mixture of pelts blending as she absentmindedly passed them. They were all sharing tongues, talking or eating prey. Lavender, focused on her new achievement.

The creamy fae sat alone, her head lowered as she stared at her own paws. To some, she may have seemed a little sad, but she was far from sad. Her head shifted up as she suddenly heard a plop. Lavender slid her icy eyes across to the russet figure and within the blink of an eye she had thrown herself at him, pushing her pelt against his in the form of a cuddle. "Burn!" She said in delight, stepping aside to give the tom some space. He was after all, a very important cat now. She didn't want to embarrass him. "I've been meaning to coagulate you, but it seems it's all been a bit busy as of late," she explained. Lavender was grinning like an idiot, "so how have you been?"

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
THIRTY-FIVE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
SCOUT
PERCEPTION
Burn That Fire Leaves Avatar
Burn That Fire Leaves
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Jun 13, 2020 18:36:16 GMT
burn that fire leaves
template by punki of adoxography
so watch my wings burn as they burn in the fire

i'll scatter the ashes, no need for the choir
Burn allowed the familiar warmth of Lavender's pelt comfort him, giving a grunt in lack of reply. Did he really need congratulations for simply doing his assigned task as a scout? He worked hard, as any of them should have, and pushed himself to be better, just like those had around him. What had made him different? He assumed it was his loyalty to Flamewatcher above all else, but so should they all, and again, was that something to cheer about? He didn't really think so, yet he also wasn't about to complain about it. Life hadn't changed for Burn much with the promotion and he never wanted to make a big deal about it.

Knowing that, he knew the type of cat Lavender was and he wasn't going to kick dirt over her cheerfulness. Instead, he snagged his claws into the kill and dragged it back, taking another hearty chunk out of it and chewing briskly. His stomach felt empty, like he hadn't had anything to eat since they left their mountains, despite eating the day prior. Was it stress that was emptying him? It was such a foreign concept to him that he couldn't be sure. 

"Very busy," he stated gruffly in reply, once more shoving the kill at her. He couldn't remember the last time he'd not joined a patrol, taking it upon himself to monitor everyone and learn the territory as quickly as possible. It was working, in some regards, but he could feel himself wearing thin. Not for the first time, he thought about skipping just one, but the thought burned him like fire and he fought the flinch that threatened to overtake him. "I've been okay. How about yourself?" Burn didn't see her much anymore, and despite his prickly and distant personality, he still cared about her and how she was.

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Preymaster
Kein Jair

Quick Reply