Hightide Washes Blood Ashore [tagged]

Cloudchaser Avatar
Cloudchaser
Oneclan
May 13, 2020 2:08:23 GMT
Cloudchaser felt a little strange being in the camp. While the land was more than familiar to him, it had a strange feeling after all that had happened. The lands he once fought for, his family died for, they were shared with all of the clan cats. Like a dream turned nightmare. Cloudchaser was never one for borders , but the circumstances were less than ideal. All of the clans forced to co-exist in this way seemed to only tighten the tensions between the groups. Maybe with time the tension will loosen, but for now, it seemed like they were stuck with a Monkey's paw sort of situation.

For the most part, he was friendly with all of the cats from the different clans, but he appeared to be almost afraid of the Gorgeclan cats. He would go out of his way to avoid them and when they did talk to him, Cloudchaser tended to shy away from the conversation as soon as he got the chance, and seeing the damage that was done to him during the war, no one could really blame him too much. While he may have settled back into living, having relearned to hunt and function with the shift and limit to his vision, he's not always aware of others when they come up on his blind side, making him seem a bit jumpy.

However, despite all of this, he's grown sort of fixated on a single tom, seemingly torn between curiosity and fear, though Cloudchaser had yet to approach the thick coated silver tabby, eyeing him from a distance across the camp. He never had to nerve about him to approach though and would quickly disappear when the Gorgeclan cat came near.

It wasn't until Cloudchaser was out hunting in the Flooded Creek did he find himself with company. The water had risen a sizable bit and fish had made their way into the waters for ease of hunting to those who knew how. It wasn't often one would find cats that weren't Creek clan out this way when the waters were high, but never say never. He padded carefully through the marshy land as if trying to keep as much mud off of his pale hide as he could, humming to himself softly. Lost in his own thought, he seemed at peace, blissful, as he floated over the landscape with grace towards the waters. He stopped cold in his tracks though as the sound of something or someone caught his attention, his head jolting up and scanning around quickly when his lemonade gaze settled on that oh so familiar silver tabby tom.

His ears dropped and his voice caught in his throat as he simply stared at them for a few moments that only lasted the blink of an eye, but stretched on for an eternity. Something about them just felt so familiar and that sensation was terrifying, feeling the rest of his body screaming at him to flee, but his heart told him to stay and it felt like he was being torn in two as he began to move. Slowly, carefully, one step after another towards him as a honey soaked voice strained out of him. "Ah, hello?"

PEBBLES
38 Moons
Male
he/him
Gay as hell
Warrior
NA
Bane
Sablefox Avatar
Sablefox
Oneclan
May 14, 2020 5:26:09 GMT

Sablefox

A harmonious melody purred from the sparse trees as song birds jumped from branch to branch, calling for their loved ones. The gentle sound of water dripping and running almost drowned out their familiar cries. Sablefox missed the plenty trees, the long cries and calls from birds of varying shapes and sizes. Wrens, thrush, robins, sparrows, blackbirds.. Being in the thick wooden forest surrounded by such sounds was home.

The large muscled male strolled through the long grass; watching as his paws gradually became darker and darker the more he wadded through the flooded marshlands. Sablefox was grateful for CreekClan's territory; the merge was a great idea, uniting the three to band against one common enemy. The spore. But, albeit the turmoil between CreekClan and GorgeClan was gone, the wounds inflicted upon the watery felines, were in fact deep. More often than not, words were silent on the matter. No one ushered the words, no one mentioned the past. But, it was clear in the way many acted. History was not so easily washed away.

The silver and white tabby wished to never speak of such atrocities though; he had never been one to publicly rise against the dictator that ruled GorgeClan. But, he was also not one to disobey his ancestors, especially those who were deceased. No good came of speaking ill of the dead. His mind flicked briefly to his brother. The dark Burgundy male was likely dead by now. Although Screechclaw was trained for battle, his battle tactics would not satisfy hunger. Back then, it seemed only bloodshed was on the mind. Sablefox rarely pondered his brother. In his mind, the tom was gone. Never to be seen again. Exiled at the paw of Fangstar. There had been no proof of his belief, but there also had been no evidence against it either.

Sablefox veered away from the watery marsh as it gradually became deeper, heading right where the water barely ventured. The tom hailed from GorgeClan; it evident in his bulky frame and muscled legs.

He wasn't exactly paying attention to where he was going, his sole purpose to get out of the thick of the water. However as he jerked his head up once, his olive eyes drifted over a white figure. The tom was plush and ivory in hue; dark scars littered his pelt. A horrific disfigurement immediately clear as his torn ear and batted face seemed to tell it all. The tom looked almost horrifying with his scars, but beneath the scars were beautiful cream patches and lemon colored eyes. It seemed the tom had maybe, one or two brushes with death.

The white puff of fur approached slowly, almost cautiously. Sablefox felt his paws began to slip underneath him. The tabby quickly realizing that mud did not have much grip.. With one additional step forward, Sablefox's paw slid out in front of him. He awkwardly toppled forward, but managed to haul himself up to all fours before making a complete fool of himself. "Uh, err...I hope I didn't startle you, if you were hunting.." He stammered, "I.. I guess I'm not used to this marshy creek," he said.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

Sablefox Spam

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Cloudchaser Avatar
Cloudchaser
Oneclan
May 15, 2020 3:39:46 GMT
Cloudchaser took a quick step back, head pressed back as he avoided colliding with the top. He certainly wasn't expecting this kind of thing from some like this. The silver tabby looked like one to be more sure of his footing. Muscled and sturdy, not really the clumsy type and the irony of it took a second to really settle in. His lips pressed together as he tried to hold it in, his maw curling into an awkward smile, but despite his best efforts, it slipped out of him. A gentle, silky chuckle slipped out of him, his oh so familiar smile spread across his face. For a second, one could almost forget the disfigurement that stretched across half of his face. Almost.

The eye covered in the markings would forever remain closed, no longer an eye in the socket to use, but his energy still shone just as bright as it had before his scars. "I guess not." He said, the laugh trailing off as his one eye finally opened back up to look at the larger tom in front of him. "Are you okay? There aren't many that still come out this way to hunt anymore. It takes some practice to find your footing." There was a weight to what he said. The mention that not many come out here to hunt anymore was a subtle reminder of the slim numbers that still remain of Creekclan. The other clans never seem to find much success out this way so it's just the dwindling Creekclan members that tend to hunt here.

He took a step to the side, almost as if starting to go around the yet to be named tom, but stopped after a single step. "I, um... I could show you how to fish out here if you'd like?" He offered, noting the mud clinging to the other tom and the lack of prey. Had he come out here to hunt, it would be ashamed to leave empty pawed. The company might be... nice."

PEBBLES
38 Moons
Male
he/him
Gay as hell
Warrior
NA
Bane
Sablefox Avatar
Sablefox
Oneclan
May 15, 2020 5:29:17 GMT

Sablefox

Sablefox couldn't believe his luck. It could have been worse, he could have fallen over entirely or collided with the feathered male, leaving big visible brown splashes on such pristine fur. It was unlike him entirely to loose his footing and clobber around on the ground like some clumsy apprentice. The tom's grey ears were curled back, flat against his skull. How embarrassing.

The silvery male pulled his head back, his eyes running over Cloudchaser curiously. Sablefox caught the gentle smile that started to creep across his features. He seemed to fail keeping his smile pressed though as a silky laugh came from the white feathered animal almost immediately after. Sablefox hung his head in embarrassment, but his eyes remained trained on the tom; a smile too, encroaching his expression.

Cloudchaser looked happy when he laughed; like it was his natural state. Sablefox relaxed his muscles and dropped his shoulders down, realizing that the white tom was of course no threat; while the stale scent of Creek remained on his pelt, it was clear that the two were both in One, united.

"I'm fine," he responded with a small nod, although he didn't look over himself to check. Sablefox felt fine. If he were injured, he would truly know. "But, thanks." The tabby was grateful for the tom's question, but it was just an episode of clumsy footing...If anything was truly hurt, it was his pride.

Cloudchaser spoke of the territory and how only dwindled numbers from Creek used the grounds to hunt. Perhaps the white feathered tom could smell the stale perfume of Gorge on his thick fur; a small dig at the tension once shared between the two clans. But, a tug of thought came to the warrior- this white scarred tom did not seem to be trying to nudge at previous tensions. And unfortunately, even if he had been, it quickly washed over Sablefox who was always fairly dismissive of the past. While Sablefox still held loosely onto some distaste for the other clans, he was truly putting the past behind him and focusing on the future. The future was OneClan and so, he must do as he can to serve OneClan.

"You got me," he said with a defeated sigh and a smile to match. "I'm not from CreekClan..So..This is all a bit new to me. Still, I am trying to prove my worth and do what I can. As you can tell, I wouldn't have made it as a warrior in CreekClan," he said; a stifled chuckle coming from the tabby. Sablefox was trying to be a little funny; but he was unsure whether Cloudchaser would find his jokes humorous or.. well, uncomfortably lame. It wouldn't be the first time his jokes were brushed aside.

The offer from the white tom made Sablefox's ears perk up curiously. "I would really appreciate that, if it's okay? I mean, I don't want to bother you.." He said, again seeming to fumble over his own words. It was like his tongue was too long for his mouth and everything he said became tongue-tied and twisted up. "I just can't seem to catch any fish. It's a lot harder than it looks," he admitted, his ears still flat against his head. Sablefox felt a little pathetic having slid around in the mud like a mousebrain. He was one of GorgeClan's best warriors, yet here he was...Bested by the marsh.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

Sablefox Spam

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Cloudchaser Avatar
Cloudchaser
Oneclan
May 31, 2020 19:39:53 GMT
His yellow gaze washed over the back of Sablefox's silver hide with a warmth like sunshine. A sort of welcoming friendliness like seeing an old friend from many moons ago. Cloudchaser just seemed to have this aura around him that welcomed all with open arms, regardless of who they were or where they came from. It makes the scars on his face appear all the more jarring as to who would have the heart to do such a thing to such a gentle soul. But that hole where his eye once was is hiding secrets as deep as the ocean.

His smile remained as he looked back over his shoulder "Well, trying is all anyone could ask for. Trying is the foundation of doing." He didn't stop to wait for him though, padding through the slick earth with moons of experience under him. This was his home, or at least it was. The terrain was a part of him and he knew it as he glided towards the water, only stopping when he came to the edge, but almost refusing to look at it, afraid of his own reflection. "Perhaps not, but I wouldn't have made it as much of a warrior in Gorgeclan or Moorclan either." He offered those words in hopes of consolation or even a slight joke in response to the former Gorgeclan's joking remark.

He waited for the tom to join him before continuing. "It'll be good practice for us both. I'm still a little clumsy sometimes myself. Everything looks different with only one eye. So maybe teaching you will help me relearn some things as well." He stopped though and his head jolted slightly as if shocked by something all of a sudden and he lowers his head almost ashamed of himself. "Oh, I am so so sorry. I haven't even introduced myself yet and here I am acting some kind of mentor to a full grown warrior." His ears lowered as he looked back up at the muscled warrior beside him and said with an apology to his tone, "My name is Cloudchaser, It's so lovely to meet you and I do hope you'll forgive me."

PEBBLES
38 Moons
Male
he/him
Gay as hell
Warrior
NA
Bane

Quick Reply