The Mists

Windcry Avatar
Windcry
Oneclan
May 9, 2020 1:57:09 GMT
Being in the camp was strange. Windcry assumed it always would be, even if he’d been here for close to three moons now. The feelings of cats all around him, socializing and working for each other, catching prey for each other and training one another was just strange to him. He lay in the sun on the outskirts of the camp, eyes scanning his surroundings as he watched his fellow clanmates. He was never sure what to think of them. Though he thought they all were still quite skeptical of his presence, being without clanblood, he assumed his own doubts blinded him from the truth. Still, as he looked around and noticed a couple of cats grooming each other, he sighed. He hadn’t made any friends here yet. In fact, he’d barely talked to anyone, but no one had made a particular attempt to talk to him. He shifted his weight, turning away from the grooming cats and finding a new position in the sun.

Truthfully, friends weren’t his forte. He’d never considered any other cat a friend before. The closest he’d ever come was his sister; yet, it was hard to consider your family your friends, as well. He lay his head down upon his paws, gazing off into the distance. “This is stupid,” he murmured to himself. Who was he trying to be anyways? He’d never needed friends before. He didn’t need anyone. But if that were true, then why would he be here? In a clan? What a mystery that was, huh. He shifted his head again, laying it upon the ground as he closed his eyes. The real reason for his presence in this place was for companionship, but he would never entrust anyone else with such a fact. His goal was to remain cold, emotionless, unattached. And hopefully, maybe, someone would be able to get to him someday, but for now, he would never allow that.
hopefully this is fine! im a bit rusty so its short ;_;

tag @/windcry
PEBBLES
17 Moons
Male
He/him
Hetero
Warrior
N/A
Pippin
Vipersting Avatar
Vipersting
Oneclan
May 9, 2020 2:38:57 GMT

Life was great in the sense that the clans were not warring with each other and prey was plentiful. The molly supposed that had to do with it being green-leaf for everything was easier in the rebirth of the forest. However, tension still clung to the pelts of cats like a miasma flies. Truthfully it was annoying. Vipersting found the tensions bothersome and as an annoyance. Perhaps if everybody just bit the bullet and cooperated then things would be more ideal, but it was a lot to ask Creekclan to forgive and forget. Especially when Gorge did more than its fair share of antagonistic attacks.

Nonetheless the cold hostility of all the cats left the youthful warrior in a particular sour mood. To make matters worse it didn't seem like She would be returning home anytime soon. The spore was still prevalent in Gorgeclan and Skywhisper couldn't tell anyone when things would get better. There was only so much more she could withstand the sneering looks directed her way before she lost her marbles and everything blew up. And surely she couldn't be the only one he'd loose it. She silently wondered if Littlebird, Spiritsong, and Seawatcher were getting fed up with each other.

It would be interesting to watch that show go down in flames. She might even laugh at how ridiculous her leaders were thinking the clans could stand to be in each other's presence for more than a couple moons. "I swear to whatever is holy that this spore packs its bags and goes so I can live comfortably under trees and not surrounded by fish and water." She growled out, tail lashing behind her as she entered the clan's temporary camp. Only she wasn't very graceful as her feather-like fur got caught in a bramble, further driving up her ire and causing her to yank herself free, eliciting a yelp of pain and outrage from her maw.

"Stupid bramble, stupid entrance yanking on my fur like that!" She grumbled before continuing to walk. Only she didn't seem to see the lump of a cat resting in her path. A bump and fumble here ended with her face planting the earth, a mess of sprawled and tangled limbs joining with the warrior in a comically funny way. "What?! Where in Starclan's name did you come from?!" She couldn't help but howl out in confusion, adding to the comedic affect of the entire situation. And to make matters worse she couldn't get up! She tried. Like really tried. Each attempt landed her with a mouth full of fur, not a tiny bit hers either, as she flailed around like a dying fish. Even landing a few no so soft kicks and punches into the fleshy body she was tangled with.

"Unhand me mister! This is no way to treat a lady," Vipersting couldn't help but retort, trying to save her shattered dignity by pinning the blame on the tom she was tangled with. "I'm warning I will scream..." She trailed off, tone flare and serious as she shot the tom a cold glare, or well tried to anyway. She could barely see his face given her current position. All she saw was earth and black fur. Everywhere.

With a valiant effort the pretty mismatched Molly gave one more ineffective shove before flopping down on the ground, a huff escaping from her as she stilled, completely and utterly exhausted from her workout. "Well... This is problematic mister. Hope you got some ideas in that big brain of yours and not just enjoying the view back there cause let me tell you I got nothing." She couldn't help the purr that rumbled from her, sarcasm thick in her voice as she attempted to wack him in the face with her thick tail.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
she/her
Hetero
Warrior
Devi
Windcry Avatar
Windcry
Oneclan
May 9, 2020 3:11:00 GMT
It seemed as if peace just wasn’t written in the stars that day, as a grumbling cat interrupted his restful afternoon. He picked up her complaining a few steps away, but hadn’t thought anything about her. To him, she was just another passerby, apparently annoyed at the barrier that surrounded this camp. His ears flicked. He meant to dismiss her voice.

But suddenly, paws hit his shoulders and a cat was on top of him. He sat up almost immediately, making their entanglement worse as the other cat howled in confusion, a statement that made the black tom respond with an exasperated ”Well I’m not a shadow!” With the other cat wriggling around, Windcry could hardly keep her feet out of his face and he snorted, pushing against her body to try to get free, but this only seemed to make matters worse, as well. He wasn’t exactly sure how, but it seemed as if the two were in a knot, and each was only receiving gentle punches, tail swatting and punches in return. The other cat yowled again, this time in retort, along with a threat to punctuate her statement. ”Maybe if you’d stop hitting me, I could get us out of his,” was Windcry’s only response, a heightened streak of annoyance piercing the comment.

Finally, the other cat shoved against him and as he fell back into the dirt, she flew forward, thoroughly losing all contact she previously had with him. He shook himself, a frown furrowing his face. ”What in Star’s name...” he began to murmur to himself, before he looked up and noticed the she-cat. He huffed, frown dissolving into a slightly quirked brow in response to her final statement. Standing up, she shook himself thoroughly then sat neatly once more, eyebrow still quirked. Then, a slightly bemused smile crossed his features. It seemed as if cold and emotionless might be harder than he originally thought. ”Ideas?” he nearly barked, half laughing. ”Hmm, my lady, since it was you who interrupted my peaceful nap,” he began, looking off into the distance, before bringing his eyes back down to her with a ‘and you know you did’ expression. ”Perhaps we could think of one together.” He gave a small nod, becoming rather serious for a moment, as if sure of his decision.
Notes

tag @/windcry
PEBBLES
17 Moons
Male
He/him
Hetero
Warrior
N/A
Pippin
Vipersting Avatar
Vipersting
Oneclan
May 10, 2020 5:17:34 GMT

"Well I'm not a shadow!" What on earth was this tom talking about? She couldn't help the glare she tried to throw his way, her expression really nailing that 'are you stupid' look. With a snort that ended with a laugh she couldn't help but respond back mockingly, "man I don't know what hole you crawled out of but the way I see it you are just that. A shadow! You even blend in like one!" Vipersting prodded his side as an example, a dainty paw rubbing his luscious black fur. 'Huh... Really smooth and soft,' She thought to herself before abruptly halting that train of thought and aggressively shaking her head to rid herself of such inappropriate thoughts. A sudden shove had her returning to her current predicament, the tom trying to wiggle free. "Hey, hey, hey!!" She retaliated with a harsh shove herself, "moyse-brain if it didn't work for me why would it work for you?!" Vipersting so badly wanted to cuff him on the ear. The satisfaction of doing so would hopefully help relieve the tension she was feeling by having her personal space so thoroughly invaded by the inky brute below her.

A series of mumbled curses left her lips at his retort, but she nonetheless stopped wiggling and hitting him. She had no real faith in his ability, but maybe he would prove her wrong and it was quite obvious her machinations were doing nothing, but furthering to entangle their limbs. To be truthful Vipersting had no idea how their current predicament came to be. Yes, she tripped over him but she was drawing a complete blank on how the both of them found their limbs woven together like some grotesque beast out of nightmares.

Her thoughts paused as she suddenly found herself free from the evil toms clutches, him falling down under her weight before she herself was flying forward in her eagerness to escape. The sudden movement had her shocked still, pale yellow eyes blinking lazily in confusion as she internally checked her condition. When no sign of pain was apparent besides a slight soreness, she concluded her inspection with content snort. The voice of the tom on the other paw had her shooting up to a standing position and whirling around to face her assailant, very much ready to spit out a stinging insult at the pompous look on his face. However, his comment had the words dying in her throat, mouth opening and closing like a fish as her frazzled brain tried to come back with a withering retort that would put him in his place. No such thing game to mind and he continued on as if she had nothing important to say. Which she didn't. But he didn't need to know that. She sufficed with a withering glare.

At the look he aimed at her she couldn't help but snort, a lofty look coming across her distinctly feminine features. "I hardly think there's a need for that now that you have finally released me from your horrible clutches." She shot back, head turning away with a rather unlady like 'hmph' as she closed her eyes in faux arrogance. She stayed like that for a few heartbeats before peeking out of one yellow eye, lazily looking at the male before her. At first glace she barely registered the stripes donning his limbs and side, his fur a replica of the nights abyss. However, what really caught her attention and caused her to do a double-take was his electric blue eyes. A stark contrast against his inky coat and so pale that it was hard not to be drawn into them. Even Wavestep's eyes were not as blue as this toms were. She tried to recall his naming, having seen him roaming about the clan camp but never really sitting down to talk with him. He was the quiet sort from what she could tell. The kind who liked brooding off in some little corner all their own while watching life pass them by. Never taking the initiative to interact with the clan and much preferring their own company.

What a sad existence they lived, Vipersting couldn't help but conclude to herself as she eyed him up and down, completely ignoring his words about coming up with an idea together. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." She waved him off with a paw nonchalantly. "Too bad you already solved it for us," Vipersting game him an unimpressed look before a flash of mischief glowed in her yellow depths. "However, the least you can do is introduce yourself like a proper gentlemen." She quirked an eyebrow back, silently daring him to refuse as she smugly grinned at him.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
she/her
Hetero
Warrior
Devi
Windcry Avatar
Windcry
Oneclan
May 27, 2020 3:04:33 GMT
"Your horrible clutches.

The last part of her sentence had caused him to nearly break out laughing. "Oh, come on!" he said to the sky, bringing his eyes back down to her gradually in an exasperated way. "They can't be so horrible, can they?" Her hmph seemed to answer the question by itself, and he couldn't help but let out a breath of air in amusement. Normally, if a cat had tripped over him, he would have been keen to try his best and punish them, but there was something amusing about this cat that made him want to play along. Maybe, just perhaps, he was simply glad someone had wandered across his path to break his boring afternoon routine. He'd always been one for adventure.

She continued on, her words mostly floating in one ear and out the other as he pretended to be bored by her. However, as she mentioned behaving like a "proper gentlemen," he couldn't help but snap his eyes firmly upon her figure, finding her features askew with a quirked eyebrow and a smug grin. "Ha ha," he responded, raising his eyebrows slightly and dropping them in a sarcastic fashion, his features blank. "Very funny. I guess then, being a proper gentleman, I should tell you my name is Windcry. Maybe I'd even bow?" His features pulled slightly as he gave her a crooked grin, hardly dipping his head as he kept his eyes locked upon hers. "And what is yours?" he concluded, sitting upright once more.
ope

tag @/windcry
PEBBLES
17 Moons
Male
He/him
Hetero
Warrior
N/A
Pippin

Quick Reply