you and me bleed the same light [tagged]

pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 3:06:22 GMT

308 WORDS

The golden evening light faded slowly over OneClan camp. A small dappled she settled in the branches atop a nearby tree, overlooking the chatter of cats below. Black ones, ginger ones, white ones, gray ones. She mused over the strange and alien pelt colors such as that of Wavestep. It had been moons since OneClan was formed, and she still held in her mouth a distaste for all these strangers she was now responsible for feeding. 

Up here, she expected not to be disturbed. CreekClan and MoorClan weren't much for climbing trees so she often sat here to avoid her evening duties. Silverpelt began to glimmer through the branches of the leaves. Pearfrost looked up. StarClan was supposed to be there, watching over the living and guiding their paws. She wondered silently if her family bothered watching over their runty, remaining member that was Pearfrost. Not that she ever cared for them anyway.

When she watched cats like those of the camp below, Pearfrost watched with only bleak amusement. Now that her first love Falconcry was quarantined and likely dead, Pearfrost could care less. She gazed beyond the Clan lands, wondering what life as loner might be like. The frosty molly lacked affection, lacked warmth, and lacked any sort of attachment to this ragtag group of StarClan-fearing cats.

Or so she thought. If Pearfrost craved love and attention, she would never admit it. 

A  familiar scent caught in her nostrils, accompanied by the rustle of leaves. Had someone followed her into her solace? What a bore. Since all the Clans came together there were simply too many cats around. Pearfrost could not get a single moment of quiet. The hairs prickled on her back as she stood up, ready to hiss a challenge at whatever mouse-brain it was that disturbed her peace. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
stonetooth Avatar
stonetooth
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 4:11:09 GMT
The camp had become a mine field, having to watch who he spoke to, what he said. It had become more exhausting to just be in the camp than any kind of hunt or spar. Oh what he wouldn't give for someone to fight with. Something to stretch his legs and sharpen his claws. He desired a war so that he could prove he was more than they all thought he could ever be. But by the looks of it, that wasn't going to be happening, not any time soon with the war against the spore ongoing. Whether it was wanted or not, peace was forced upon the inhabitants of the land. There was nothing he could really do about it now except put up with it until they could go back their separate ways.

Perhaps more fortunately though, the other clans weren't too inclined to climb what little trees this area seemed to offer and so he could find solace in their canopies from the ongoings of those below. As he came to the base of the tree, the scent of a familiar gorgeclan cat caught his attention. Seemed he wasn't the only one looking for an escape. It certainly wasn't Badgerfoot though so he was far more welcoming of their company than any below. His claws dug into the bark of the tree as his muscled hide scaled it with experienced ease, coming to perch among it's branches, As he rose, he spotted the minuet frame of a she-cat and she certainly smelled him coming, not that he was hiding himself from her.

He stepped up into the branches of a similar height to her, but he stood over her quite a bit. A goliath and runt. In the darker hues of the night, his grey tabby pelt blended into their surroundings almost too well. Even his darker eyes didn't seem to hold the same amount of glow in them as others. Stonetooth didn't greet her with the usual hostility he bore though. Granted, that didn't mean he was relaxed or trusting, but he didn't seem as on edge as he was in the camp. A small smirk graced his maw as he steadied himself into a sit on his own branch and spoke to her. "If you're going to fight, you'd better make sure you can knock me out of this tree."

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bi
Warrior
None
Bane
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 6:55:36 GMT

253 WORDS

The tiny she-cat looked Stonetooth up and down. A large cat he was, and it amazed her that he did not bite her ears off at the first sight of hostility. Pearfrost scratched her claws slightly against the bark of the branches. Was she so easily spotted from below? Had he sought her out, or was it just her misfortune that he happened to climb the same tree? 

She remembered Stonetooth. Her tail curled around her paws in a slow, sarcastic gesture. This was the apprentice of old Badgerfoot, a good friend of Pearfrost's father. Badgerfoot had been a respectable warrior, but Pearfrost had never quite spoken to his stoic and rather boring apprentice. She found him too uptight, too serious. On his maw there was this tight, gloomy sort of attitude that she wanted to roll her eyes at.

"Oh, I'll let you enjoy a tree," Pearfrost let her fur lay flat and gave him a lazy, unconcerned glance. "Since somehow you and your large hunkering paws somehow managed to make it up here. Your mentor would be proud."

Smooth and slightly condescending, Pearfrost decided she could get to know him, although she certainly had hoped for better company. At first impression, his stone-cold face didn't make for a good conversation. But who knows? The world never ceased to surprise her.

"So tell me Stonetooth,"
she purred steadily and moved up against him without shyness or hesitation. "How's the harmonious OneClan treating you?" 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
stonetooth Avatar
stonetooth
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 7:25:55 GMT
Let me? He thought as she settled down as if giving him permission to be in the tree. It was almost comical, fairly certain if they went at it, he wouldn't be the one going down. She'd probably give him another scar or two, but it was just more for his collection at this point. He raised a brow at her for a moment as she continued, talking how Badgerfoot must be proud he even made it up the tree with his hulking size. It wasn't the comment about his size that caught him, but the mentor jab. A fowl taste settled in his mouth at the mention of his former mentor, Badgerfoot. Letting his tail hang off the side of the branch he was perched on, Stonetooth's eyes narrow and he gave an almost sarcastic kind of smile as he spoke. "Uh-huh, proud of me. That old tom will be proud of me the day I decide to stop breathing." A small huffed laugh escaped him at the end as if it was a challenge. A contest to see who would outlive who.

His attention shifted down to her though as she got very up close and personal with him. Mere moments ago she seemed ready to bat him out of the tree top and now she's getting very friendly with him. Stonetooth wasn't accustomed to other felines willingly getting this friendly with him and honestly, wasn't even certain what to do with himself in this situation. Keeping himself still, almost rigid, he instead focused on her conversation. "Harmonious." He let out another small chuckle at that. "It's certainly not the word I'd have chosen. If we don't watch our step, we'll have another war on our paws sooner than we may like." Or not soon enough, He added in his head, but decided it better to keep that thought to himself. He would love for a fight to prove himself in, but that was next to impossible right now, not that there was much room for a war with the spore as it is. "I'd almost rather be an apprentice under Badgerfoot again then this... Almost." The curls of his lips at the end of his statement suggested he was trying to make a joke, but he didn't seem to have much experience in such things. "I guess it's not treating you much better if you're spending it up a tree where the other clans don't often dare go."

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bi
Warrior
None
Bane
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 7:56:27 GMT

368 WORDS

Mentors and apprentices of other Clans seemed to get along quite well. Pearfrost would even argue that some mentors seemed... close to their apprentices. It was as if they were family. The thought of accepting a cat into her life like that made her reel. Clearly, Stonetooth did not have a particularly good relationship with Badgerfoot either, although Pearfrost had not noticed that before.

"You don't like old Badger much, huh? " Pearfrost caught the ting on Stonetooth's words. He didn't seem to take a teasing lightly, which made her all the more inclined to bother him. "Not that I would know. My mentors all dropped dead long ago so I guess they stopped breathing first."

Another war? Pearfrost could have purred again at Stonetooth's words. She would welcome another war. She was absolutely bored with this OneClan nonsense and could not wait to sink her claws into something again. What was all their training for, if not to fight for glory?

"Or not soon enough. I wouldn't mind a thrilling new battle. Don't you think so?" she interjected, not knowing she was echoing Stonetooth's thoughts.

Unlike him, Pearfrost had no inhibitions when suggesting a return to Bonestar's battle-hungry ways. At least, as long as Littlebird was not around to punish her. While she certainly could care less for Bonestar's beliefs or policies, she simply remembered that she once fought with pride and with glory. With her Clanmates by her side, she always felt like she owned the world. She had a purpose and a reason to wake up every morning. Those were the days. 

"Not at all. No cat enjoys living with their old enemies. Not that my own GorgeClan really enjoyed my company either. They'd trade me away for a couple of mouse tails,"
Pearfrost replied with an eyeroll in response to Stonetooth's comment.

Thinly smiling, she glanced over at him and observed a small curl of his lips. Now this cat was a strange one. Was he smiling too? Pearfrost could not tell if he was trying to be funny, or starting a snarl, or even biting his lip uncomfortably. All his demeanors were hidden behind those deep green eyes and a pelt full of scars. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
stonetooth Avatar
stonetooth
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 8:22:47 GMT
At the interjection that her old mentors had all died, Stonetooth couldn't help but he could have been so lucky. Badgerfoot had gone from an brutal abuser to an absentee mentor with the flip of a switch. Some of his oldest scars were from Badgerfoot during their early training session, that is before he suddenly lost an eye and couldn't give his apprentice the light of of day. He listened to her half heartedly at first, more inclined to just watch those below scurry around like ants. Well, that is until she repeated back to him if very own thoughts. At first, he didn't even realize she'd actually said it, but when it sank in, he looked down at her, eyes wide, but not as if repulsed or terrified, he looked at her with a surprised familiarity.

He was almost excited as he responded to her, his darker gaze meeting her bright, amber eyes with a strange intensity. It was strange compared to their usual hostility smeared across his face like a warning sign to those who dared to get too close. "Yes, exactly. Ah, to be able to sink my claws into something, prove myself. Though I suppose doing that would just prove everything they're afraid I'd become being her son. Not that Littlebird wouldn't have both our hides." His claws unsheathed, digging into the branch below him, not in anger, but in anticipation.

"Instead, we're bringing back food for those we once fought against. The universe has a twisted sense of humor sometimes, doesn't it?" His claws retracted back into paws, eyes growing cold again as he returned his focus back to those below. "Goregeclan has never been one without it's... complications though. That much I'm certain.

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bi
Warrior
None
Bane
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 21:57:09 GMT

276 WORDS

She had always been used to other cat's dismayed reactions. Their shocked faces and disgusted reflection on her words were common amusements to Pearfrost. She had known long since Bonestar's death that she had adopted a different set of morals than her peace-obsessed Clanmates. But at Stonetooth's lack of repulse or terror, she couldn't help but wonder if she had been wrong. 

She stared at him for a long time. Well perhaps, he was Thistlefoot and Jayfeather's son after all. Nothing less than eccentric would suit his lineage. She offered him no more than a curt nod, not too sure how to react to his agreement. It was an unexpected reply, even for Pearfrost.

"Littlebird can go chase her own tail. That stubborn old grump acts like she cares so much about "OneClan" now. She's worse than Fangstar, for StarClan's sake."

Pearfrost rose to her paws and gazed down below, as if trying to find the gray and white deputy that loathed her so. She turned back to Stonetooth's rather cold and blank gaze and couldn't help but stifle a laugh."Oh, the universe has much better humor than you, Stonetooth. Ever heard of a smile?" 

With that, Pearfrost leaped down onto the lower branches."I'm supposed to be hunting for our dear OneClan anyway. What you say, want to get out of here tonight?" 

Without waiting for Stonetooth's agreement, she dropped swiftly out of the tree and out of sight, but somehow sorely hoping that the mysterious tom would follow her. He had no obligation to, of course, but for once Pearfrost was enjoying the company.

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
stonetooth Avatar
stonetooth
Oneclan
May 10, 2020 17:30:18 GMT
Stonetooth's mouth dipped into more of a frown at her statement, only further proving her point. "Hey, I can smile sometimes." Though maybe not, he didn't have a lot to smile about in recent times so it was possible his face was stuck that way. His eyes followed her though as she descended lower on the tree, thinking at first that she was done with his company, but was pleasantly surprised at her next comment. He kept his gaze on her a moment longer before looking back at the camp full of strangers. It wasn't a hard sell, that was for sure and he rose to his feet, hopping down after her.

"I'd like nothing more than to get out of here." He said, almost playfully to her as she leapt the rest of the way down to the ground. Pearfrost may have been small, but she certainly had a certain oomph about her that hard to miss. Jumping down after, his large frame made a soft 'bumph' with the landing. Stonetooth may have been surprisingly graceful for his size, but gravity would always come back to bite him in the end when it came to his size. She was already disappearing into the territory when he looked up and muttered. "With pleasure." His eyes didn't seem so cold and calculating for once as his body uncoiled and launched him forward, chasing after her, leaving the camp out of sight and out of mind.

Something in him told him that tonight, he'd follow her anywhere. A welcomed escape wrapped in a tabby and ivory pelt. He may not have been the fastest warrior, but his long legs gave him a bit of a leg up and he slowly gained ground on her. "You'll have to be faster than that."

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bi
Warrior
None
Bane
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
May 25, 2020 1:58:56 GMT

238 WORDS

Pearfrost's paws thudded against the forest ground. Stonetooth was gaining on her, and she didn't exactly mind. It had been a while since she went for a run through the forest, something that was a little odd to just do on your own. With Alpha and her new responsibilities, she hardly had time to just run now.

"You certainly have a use for those long legs, don't you?" she yowled back at the pursuing tom. For a bit, she simply ran by his side, heading toward... no location in particular. She didn't have a plan in mind, which wasn't unusual for the spontaneous she-cat. She went by instinct, completely based on she felt was fun and what she needed in the moment. 

To think of it, it had been a long time since she had fun

The corners of her mouth twitched upward into a sly smile. She would test if this serious-looking tom cat had the capacity for fun, something too essential to Pearfrost's life. Pearfrost gave herself a push and pulled slightly ahead of Stonetooth's vision. She ducked under a bush in the undergrowth, and as he followed after her, she jolted upward, bundling into him with a more playful yowl. 

The impact knocked the wind out of her too, honestly. But for a moment she forgot about her previous love interest Falconcry, and began to entertain some other thoughts. 
LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
stonetooth Avatar
stonetooth
Oneclan
Jun 17, 2020 4:36:41 GMT
"Gotta put them to use somehow." He retorted, a small playful twang to his tone just as the small female slipped ahead of him. She was a quick little thing and in the blink of an eye, she was gone. Her patched pelt melting into the underbrush suddenly almost as if she wasn't real to begin with. He followed after her, but just as suddenly as she disappear, she was on top of him. The pair collided with quite the thud as all he could see was that ivory fur of hers for the briefest of moments. A small 'oomph' escaped from his mouth as they both came to a screeching halt. Dried leaves stuck onto his pelt, as he seemed slightly dazed.

His darkened eyes seemed to light up as they locked back onto Pearfrost. His lips curled up into a conniving smirk, his voice gaining a slight growl to it, but there was no hostility in it strangely enough. "Oh, I see. So you wanna play dirty? Two can play dirty." His hind legs bunched taut before springing himself towards her, limbs outstretched to grab her in an attempt to knock her into the leaves like him. He wasn't intending to harm her, but this kind of play was new to him. Or really, play in general.He tried to be more gentle with her, but the fact of it was he was big and he didn't want to harm her or for her to harm him either. Stonetooth found himself wanting her approval. Wanting her attention.

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bi
Warrior
None
Bane
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Jun 23, 2020 19:25:53 GMT

330 WORDS

She took a moment of triumph at Stonetooth's surprise. Seems like this stone-cold tom did have some emotions to show for after all. Pearfrost couldn't help but let out a smile as he leaped back towards her. She made no attempt to block his jump, and instead rolled with the impact, letting herself fall back into the leaves.

"Oh, you," Pearfrost meowed with a tease, gazing up at the much larger tom. The small she-cat was also not used to this kind of play. Even with her past love interest Falconcry, their relationship had been serious and rather humorless. Her coy comments with Stonetooth were met with equally smart comebacks, something that she suddenly found rather refreshing. Judging by her serious and stubborn Clanmates, she had expected Stonetooth to be more or less the same as the rest of them. But it seemed he had proven himself to be different. 

"Oh no, you win, spare me, great Stonetooth," she meowed with a sarcastic roll of her eyes and shook the leaves out of her pelt. He had clearly been a little gentle with her, and Pearfrost found it endearingly unnecessary. She had no reason to doubt his combat abilities. She swept her tail over the leaves and tapped him on the nose.

"You know, if you want to play dirty, you shouldn't hold back. At least not with me." 

As the evening light faded, she felt slightly sad at the thought of returning to camp. "You know, Stonetooth, what do you say to spending a night out here? It is getting a little late and Littlebird will have my pelt if she knew I was hiding in a tree instead of hunting." 

A daring invite it was. Maybe it was fate or adrenaline or simply Pearfrost's gusto. Unlike the times before, she was clear and bold with her feelings. She knew what she wanted, and smiled with a hope that he felt the same. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO

Quick Reply