Do As I Do [ tagged ]

hornetcall Avatar
hornetcall
Oneclan
May 1, 2020 1:46:50 GMT
hornetcall
i know there's no life after you
[attr="class","bandittext"]Admittedly, Hornetcall had been surprised when he was assigned an apprentice. It hadn’t been that long since his last, only a moon or so - before he was assigned another. But he supposed that was to be expected since many of the senior warriors of other clans had not survived the spore or were stuck in quarantine. While he’d been apprehensive of taking in the other clans, he’d met a she-cat who ensnared his thoughts and he’d learned to forgive both MoorClan and even GorgeClan for having to come to seek shelter and survive. After all, if the roles had been reversed and CreekClan needed help, he would have hoped that one of the clans would have offered the same.

But he’d been even more surprised when he was assigned a an apprentice by the name of Omega. A kit that had been brought to MoorClan only a moon or so before the clans merged - or at least that was the story that was going around. It was peculiar that she was not given a clan name - though he attributed that to the cat’s sire. He’d heard the rumors of Wavestep that rippled through the clans. He was a cat that couldn’t be trusted, not that Hornetcall could necessarily talk. Wavestep had a mate and three kits appeared from another feline.

Hornetcall had been with Berrychirp despite her being his brother’s mate. Maybe they were one and the same.

His heart fell slightly at the thought, though he quickly dismissed it, standing outside the apprentice’s den and waiting for the tiny bengal to join him. He paced - absently - as he awaited her to exit the den. This wasn’t their first session - in fact it was one of many - but he had been absent for the last couple of days - turning her over to care for elders until he was able to wrap his mind back around training. Since he had met Beekit and Honeykit and Huckleberryroot and Berrychirp had awkwardly tried to justify their appearances and how they looked just like him, he couldn’t help but wonder. Couldn’t clear his head.

But he was ready to try and ready to make it up to Omega for the break he’d taken.

369 |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-SIX
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Omega Avatar
Omega
Oneclan
May 18, 2020 0:25:26 GMT
She didn't like the apprentice den. She hadn't like the idea of a shared sleeping space since her introduction to clan life and it had only gotten worse when she realized Alpha would absolutely take advantage of the fact that they slept in the same den, except this time he was doing it in ways that wouldn't get noticed by the others. So began her habit of finding somewhere else to sleep. There were so many other cats, after all, that no one seemed to care that the small little 'daughter' of one of the least liked cats never slept with the others.

Or they didn't notice her being gone in the first place. Both were perfectly reasonable conclusions.

Omega was apprehensive when she was given a mentor, though. Hornetcall didn't seem like a terrible cat after all. She would hope that Spiritsong wouldn't let her go to someone who would be cruel... But she didn't really know him that well. And he wasn't a solo leader. And she wasn't even really a part of the clans, anyway.

And Hornetcall was big. He didn't necessarily scare her but she wasn't looking forward to whatever he considered good practice. He was from Creekclan, after all, but she knew she wouldn't be able to learn how to swim or fish or whatever else good Creekclan apprentices would do. He seemed to be okay with that at first before disappearing for a few days and leaving her to care for the few remaining elders.

In fact, she half believed he was trying to convince the leaders to assign her to someone else when she emerged from her current sleeping (hiding) spot in the brambles covering the camp to once again help the elders up for the day and saw Hornetcall pacing outside the apprentice's den. Omega froze. She didn't even bother ducking back into the shadows, just stood there for a moment collecting herself before slowly slinking closer. It was hard to look inside the den in the dim lighting of morning, so she couldn't tell if Alpha was awake and watching and waiting for what was sure to be an awkward conversation with her mentor.

"Good morning," she greeted quietly, awkwardly, barely loud enough to be heard even over the sleepy silence of camp. Omega shifted uneasily on her paws, refusing to look directly at the tom and instead directing her gaze somewhere to the left of him and down on the ground.

PEBBLES
7 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Oneclan Apprentice
Hornetcall
arcticwind
hornetcall Avatar
hornetcall
Oneclan
May 20, 2020 23:45:46 GMT
hornetcall
i know there's no life after you
[attr="class","bandittext"]The large tabby's gaze turned to meet Omega's as she appeared, and promptly froze midstride. His face was stoic, void of emotion as it often was - his mind preoccupied with the distance thought of Wavestep and how similar their actions had been. It hadn't necessarily crossed his mind prior to that moment, and now the closeness of their situation felt a little too real. Trying to lift his scowl, the older tom offered a smile - albeit a small one as he nodded in greeting to the young feline as she approached.

"Morning, Omega." He spoke gently, his voice several volumes lower than how he would usually speak to his clanmates and those he was closer to. He didn't like seeing how uncomfortable Omega was.

"I thought we could go training today. It's a good a day as any. What would you like to learn?"

He asked in the hope that she'd agree and offer what she wanted to do rather than he dragging her along. It was his way of apologizing, even if it wasn't great, for being such a terrible mentor and taking so many days to sulk and process his own thoughts. His heart felt heavy, his brain felt foggy, and he couldn't figure out which way he was supposed to go anymore. But that wasn't her problem, so with a small step toward the entrance of the camp and a twitch of his tail, he bade his apprentice follow.

"I apologize for my absence. That was unfair to you. I needed to take some time away from things... I had personal matters come up and thought that if I just, threw myself into patrols they'd go away. It won't happen again."

### |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-SIX
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply