how about we play a game [ tagged ]

Ice From Jagged Mountain Avatar
Ice From Jagged Mountain
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 29, 2020 10:07:31 GMT
ice

i'm tired but i can't sleep, cause they're waiting for me
these bad dreams are more than true and they'll get you
[attr="class","bandittext"]It wasn’t uncommon for the young tom’s mood to be sullied by a day of training. He wasn’t a strong fighter, it was his rage that made him power through and the fear in the eyes of those he sparred against that brought him out on top. Most cats his age and younger didn’t want anything to do with Ice, and while he feigned ignorance to why that could possibly be, he knew the real reason. His temper was like a firecracker, it could go off any moment and on anyone that stood to close. Even Root got the brunt of his anger - and he considered the young feline to be a good friend.

Ice was the perfect example of ‘with friends like that, who needs enemies’.

He’d all but stomped into camp behind his mentor - silently blaming them the whole way back for his lack of skill. Condemning them for his inability to put his anger aside and work through it. Instead, every time a paw connected or he was pinned, that rage burned brighter, until he was unable to control it. Then he’d snap and get in trouble for being “too rough”. Though Ice knew that he had to be gentler with the cats of his clan, he’d never understood the point in taking it easy during a fight. Fights weren’t meant to be choreographed and a pretty little dance between two felines. They were ugly. They were unpredictable.

That was the type of fighting he wanted.

So when he’d been told off for being too rough again, the patched feline reeled in his emotional reaction and merely dipped his head in frustration and reserved to find a way to take out his frustrations later. But it wasn’t until he’d entered camp and spotted a familiar set of floppy ears playfully bouncing from the to be den that he knew just how that pent of anger would be released. Root cast him a warning glance but shook their head in defeat as Ice ignored them and stalked forward toward the bubbly little calico that could easily be recognized by her floppy ears.

You didn’t blow away!” His voice was filled with false surprise as he approached the tiny she-cat without speaking her name. They both knew by now who his comments were directed at. “It was awfully windy today in the hills. When I overheard that you were going there, I’d hoped you’d blow away and disappear for good.” His tone wasn’t teasing or playful like some cats might have been. Instead, he spoke with a dryness that made it clear he was serious about his statements, that he had truly hoped the little bundle of ears had flown off in the breeze.

Did you trip over them again today while trying to hunt? How’d you even get paired with Dragonfly, anyway. She’s such a skilled hunter. And you’re… well… you.

Ice found himself looking upon the lithe she-cat with disdain, his dull green eyes locked on her ears and addressing them specifically, as if they were their own entity. He didn’t use her name much, it felt too personal - too kind to do so. “Come on Big Ears, talk to me. I’ve had a terrible day. Why are you so kind to everyone else, but hate me?” He practically groaned as he stepped closer to the she-cat, not caring much for personal space or the fact that he was blatantly barging into hers.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#938C50;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
TEN MOONS
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
TO-BE
BANDIT
Bumble of a Young Fawn Avatar
Bumble of a Young Fawn
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 1, 2020 2:27:14 GMT
Her small, lithe form came stretching out of the To-be den, sleep still hanging from her whiskers. She'd had her own training earlier in the morning and had returned already, but exhaustion clung to her like feathers clung to a crow's wing. Her narrow face split open in a wide yawn as she made her way towards the fresh kill pile. She hadn't been a To-be for very long and wasn't accustomed to the work load that came with it and often took a short nap in the den after training and today was no different, though there was one thing she could go without, she thought to herself as a familiar voice called towards her.

Bumble halted in her tracks. Dual colored ears slowly drooped a familiar voice filled the air.Bumble almost didn't turn to look at him, but against her better judgement, she did. Bumble knew all too well if she just ignored him that he'd attack her with more than just words. Bumble lowered her head as he continued on about how he wished she'd been blown away on the wind. She lifted her red paw and pulled down on her white ear, pushing it down anxiously, pressed against the side of her head and drooping below before letting go and it bouncing back up. She looked up at him nervously, muttering quietly "they're not that big." She said it, but wished she hadn't. He only continued after her, knowing just how to get to her. And what was she even meant to say to him? It's nothing Bumble can change, no matter how much she wanted to.

When he got closer to her though, practically standing over her, she shrunk back, making herself smaller than she already was, her rump finding the ground as she crouched back, ears pinning against the sides of her neck as he asked why she was kind to others, but not to him. In a spurt moment of either stupidity or bravery, she chirped at him "'Cause you're mean!" But as soon as she got out of her, any scraps of bravery she'd found quickly dissipated and she averted her eyes from him, trying to back up further.

PEBBLES
8 Moons
Female
She/Her
Hetero
To-be
Bane
Ice From Jagged Mountain Avatar
Ice From Jagged Mountain
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 4, 2020 23:55:57 GMT
ice

i'm tired but i can't sleep, cause they're waiting for me
these bad dreams are more than true and they'll get you
[attr="class","bandittext"]He'd seen the reaction from Bumble countless times before, and while he knew he should be kinder to her - a clan mate, there was a piece of him that ached to nudge at her. When he was angry, it seemed that her pained expressions were the only thing that made him feel a little bit more at ease. There was nothing wrong with him feeling good. Ice had no problem convincing himself of that.

So when she tried to shove her ears down against her head, though they relented, a snort sounded from the older tom, shaking his head at the pathetic sight. "Oh Bumble." He practically purred through his laugh, turning his gaze back to the younger feline. "They're big enough that were you a bird, you'd take flight. Surely you don't think you're normal, do you?" He stepped closer, intending to close the gap and lifted a paw to bat at her freakishly large ears. "Come on, let's go play."

He smirked a little at the statement. He wasn't much for play fighting, but when they'd been kits, he used the phrase as an excuse to throw her around a little. She'd be fine, and it always made him feel better to see her tiny frame flopped over and her massive ears sprawled out on the ground in submission. He liked winning - very, very much.

However, his ears flicked and perked up as the little feline turned herself toward him and chirped about how mean he was. It was obvious by the look on his face that he was torn between anger and amusement, furrowing his brows as he turned his gaze downward toward the little she-cat as he rose to his full height subconsciously. "That's so mean of you to say, Bumble." He said softly, though his eyes showed just how annoyed he was with the little outburst. "Come, let's play." His voice was stern, more insistent as he offered his idea once more. If she thought he was mean, he'd show her just how mean he could be.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#938C50;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
TEN MOONS
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
TO-BE
BANDIT

Quick Reply