standing underneath the stars [ tagged ]

star on silent night Avatar
star on silent night
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 29, 2020 9:46:46 GMT
star

i miss the years that were erased.
i miss the sunshine would light up your face.
[attr="class","bandittext"]The hills were usually a place that Star found himself avoiding, the haunting chill of the moans that echoed through them when the wind billowed had frightened him for quite some time - as irrational as it sounded. The faint groans filled him with anxiety as they often felt so lifelike for something that was so inanimate. However, he’d heard that this was one of the best places to look up upon the clouds and the stars at night, and as much as he hated the idea of listening to the eerie groans of the hills, the stars above called to him. For some reason, they’d always fascinated him, leaving the young tom in awe as they twinkled and darted across the sky.

Tonight, he’d asked Lavender to join him here, his heart still heavy from the recent rejection of Dragonfly. Every moon, he asked, in hopes that her answer would change and for some reason, she seemed even less interested in spending her life with him than before. While she claimed to care for him, it felt likely lately he was the only one who cared between the two of them and he was tired of being that shadow that hung softly in the background waiting for her to decide he would be enough for her life.

Maybe it was his own fault. After all, Star had no accomplishments to speak of. He was a sentry, and a decent one, but he’d never experienced battle with anything outside of a hawk and an owl. He’d lost his first to be. And the thought of Meadow sullied his normally good mood, a dark aura hanging over the chubby tom’s head. He found his ears tuck against his head and his tail lowered until it practically dragged along the ground, eyes cast downward to walk the path toward the hills. The normally chipper cat had his moments, usually when he was alone, where that confident air that he gave the world slowly melted away and he was left with the dark recesses of his mind. The one who knew just why Dragonfly would likely never say yes to being at his side.

A faint howl started as the wind picked up, billowing his soft amber pelt and turning his attention from the dark thoughts that plagued him to the distant hum of the hills. He was nearing the spot he’d been told about by Lavender, and the sky was burning, signalling the end of the day. Lifting his gaze, his eyes locked onto the soft blink of a firefly and it was like a switch. His dark mood faded almost instantly as his ears perked and his tail tip twitched eagerly. Lowering herself to the ground, he stalked the blinking bug, the thick grass giving him shelter as he watched the light from its bum disappear. The little black and red bug slowly drifted upward until he pounced when it lit up once more, catching it with his paw.

The bug landed on his toes and he sat back on his haunches as he watched it blink it’s protest before taking off once more, only for the tom to set off stalking it into the sunset.

That was, until he pounced directly onto Lavender instead.

The smell of his sibling brought an immediate purr to the tom and he nuzzled himself close to her instead of distancing himself and apologizing. They’d always been close, and he’d always preferred curling up with her and settling into her soft pelt. “Lavender.” He greeted, his voice still rumbling with a purr, the dark mood slipping away as it was replaced with joy for being near his sister. “Thanks for inviting me out here. How’ve you been?

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#938C50;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
thirty-five
male
he/him
heterosexual
SENTRY
NA
BANDIT
Blooming Fields of Lavender Avatar
Blooming Fields of Lavender
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 5, 2020 22:58:03 GMT

The fae had her silvery ears pinned firmly against her head as she braved the cold winds. She pushed herself forward, hopping slowly across the steep formations and rocks. The loud noises of the wind sent chills down her spine, causing the rounded feline to tense up with every howl.

She had asked Star to meet her. Here. Of all places, still. While she disliked this place, she knew it would be quiet and peaceful. Lavender adored her brother and would never turn him down. He and Burn were the only kin she really had left; mother, Roar and father had left such gaping holes in the fae's heart. It seemed no matter what distractions she put her mind to, deep down she still felt the heartache of their absence.

Her brothers on the other hand; unique as ever. Burn was the most different with his dark, fox coloured fur. He was the quietest of the three, reserved, but fierce; so much so, he had earned a title as Preymaster. Lavender was proud of him for his accomplishments - he was in her mind, the only choice.

Star was the most similar to she; the two sharing many likes and dislikes. But, he had a terrible accident with his first to-be and suffered perils in love. The two both seemed to dampen his usual cheery self, but Lavender had always tried to keep out of his stressful drama. She was there as his rock - a support, but she never meddled with the affairs of the heart. Lavender didn't even know how to deal with something like that...A crush, how would that even work? As she pondered what it would be like to have a crush and how she would even handle that, she felt herself quickly become flustered. The she-cat's skin burned hot with embarrassment.

Distracted by such distant truths, her nose did not detect the nearby scent of Star. Lavender simply kept wandering through the grass, her head pointed down, eyes locked on her paws.

A familiar purr flooded her ears, causing the scout to instantly lift her head. Her embarrassment replaced with delight and excitement. "Star!" She meowed, thankful for his presence. She ran her pink nose across the tom's cheek in greeting, emitting a gentle purr as she felt his warmth against her silvery fur.

Family was always the way to brighten the fae's mood; no matter what. Burn and Star seemed to have a certain warmth that broke away any ice or bad moods. "I'm really glad to see you," she said as she leaned gently into Star.

"I've been alright. I've been teaching a to-be some tricks to hunting. She's very small like we were," she explained, recalling how stocky and chubby the two were as youngsters. "What about you? How have things been going?"

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
THIRTY-FIVE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
SCOUT
PERCEPTION
star on silent night Avatar
star on silent night
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 9, 2020 6:04:09 GMT
star

i miss the years that were erased.
i miss the sunshine would light up your face.
[attr="class","bandittext"]Being with Lavender set him at peace and despite the ache in his chest that he'd felt moments before from the rejection and self deprecation that weighed on his normally light persona. The soft lull of her purr as he nuzzled her gently in return brought a smile to his face, and while most he might have had to fake it for, it was genuine, gentle, but genuine. His purr rumbled back, his eyes drifting past her to at the starry horizon. "You have no idea how much I needed the company tonight."

There was a tinge of frustration or sadness on the edge of his words, but he was determined not to let it sully their evening together. Dragonfly didn't know what she was missing, right? He was a catch, a good one? He'd make a good mate, a good father. Wouldn't he?

Shaking his head to force the thoughts away, he flopped himself down onto the rocky ground, wriggling his rounded frame until he was comfortably laid on his back, his paws daintily tucked against his chest and his tail flicking back and forth as he looked up at the stars. Sucking in a deep breath, the cool night air filled his lungs and he released it with a deep sigh, one that sagged his entire being. So Lavender was helping to train an apprentice? Curiously, he shifted to look up at her. She hadn't been assigned one that he knew of... or had he missed a ceremony?

"What apprentice is that?" He asked curiously, thinking only of Ice and Bumble, both of whom were assigned to other cats. "We weren't the most graceful, to say the least. I'm still surprised they let you become a scout. I thought you were never going to get past your clumsy stage." He teased gently, cracking a smile before turning his gaze back toward the stars.

"Things are fine. Busy. I find myself going on a lot of patrols lately, especially since Burn became Preymaster. Tell him to give me a break." He laughed, jokingly. Star was committed to his duties, wholeheartedly, but he preferred to have a day off every once in awhile, even if it was just to relax.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#938C50;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
thirty-five
male
he/him
heterosexual
SENTRY
NA
BANDIT
Blooming Fields of Lavender Avatar
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 10, 2020 7:24:53 GMT

Lavender dipped her head to one side, her bright eyes fastened on the russet-ginger male. He seemed to be grateful for her presence. Lavender felt a gush of warmth, delighted to hear such positive comments from her brother. But, she knew he was likely having a tough time due to Dragonfly. Was it that time of moon? Perhaps..It explained much, she thought. "I'm glad to be of company! You know I'm always around," she said, giving him a gentle nudge with her salmon nose.

Lavender had been spending a little bit of time with Dragonfly; unintentionally, admittedly. But, seeing as they were both scouts, they seemed to be around the same hunting spots more often than not. Dragonfly was a kind she-cat, one who seemed to be of few words and tended to blend into the background more so than being front of one's mind.

The rumors that swelled around the Bengal clearly held no relevance to Star. It was sweet; loving one unconditionally regardless of rumors or lies...She felt a pang in her chest. Maybe one day she would find someone to love her like Star loved Dragonfly. She felt her cheeks become a little hot with embarrassment. But, alas she had no idea where to even start with such a mess..

When Star asked about the to-be, she pricked up both of her ears excitedly. "Oh!" She realized, "She's not my to-be. But, I'm helping her with some tactics. It's Bumble," she said, clarifying what she had meant. Lavender would truly love an apprentice of her own, someone to train and pass on all her knowledge to. But, spending time with Bumble on the off occasion was nice too.

At her brother's playful tease, she felt a cheeky grin tug at her expression. If it were almost any other cat, she may have taken offence but she knew her own kin well enough to know that he was just messing with her. She stifled a slight laugh and swiped a paw out at him, attempting to cuff at his ear.

Star seemed to be really busy; she thought as he explained his sunrises since their brother became Preymaster. Lavender had also heard that Wolf - the Sentinel was also apparently very organized and prepared with constant patrols. No wonder Star or even herself were always busy. She cracked a short laugh, "Burn and Wolf both seem to be going a little overboard, it seems! Both preparing constant patrols and hunting parties. But, they are great cats who seem to be showing their worth to the Tribe," she said.

"I'm really proud of Burn," she said, as she looked into her brother's gaze. "He has achieved something pretty amazing," she said as she rolled backwards and off to one side. Lavender curled herself up on top of her paws and wrapped her thin tail lazily across her body.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
[/div]

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
THIRTY-FIVE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
SCOUT
PERCEPTION