Shortie Squad [tagged]

Bumble of a Young Fawn Avatar
Bumble of a Young Fawn
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 29, 2020 3:28:55 GMT
A hush had washed over the land, bathing it's landscape in a delicate balance of blues and dull greens like a still painting covered in a fine layer of dust. Bumble sat at the edge of the water, her own painted hide melding into her surroundings as she sat still. The occasional blip of the water from a fish underneath it's surface, the small of the damp grasses, even the taste of the air. It all left her in a kind of trance. A gentle breeze pushed against her, twisting and curling around her like the brush of whiskers.

A soft sigh escaped her lips, as she lifted her head up to look at the sky. It was nice though, to be out of the camp on her own. She hasn't been a To-be for very long and so she wasn't allowed out of the camp. Well, really, even now she's not supposed to be, but she didn't sneak out, no. She'd asked the small she, Lavender to meet her out her to help with some training. Bumble did however, leave much earlier than she should have. It was exhausting though. Being in the camp, smiling all the time. No matter what she tried, however many she talked to, there was always this feeling of something missing. A hole in the camp and no matter how well she tried to hide it in herself, that hole was still there threatening to pull her in. But out here? Out here she could just breathe and be.

It wasn't a sorrow really, but she felt a weight pressing into her small shoulders. Bumble's narrow frame shifted a moment, letting herself contemplate the feeling, attempting to wrap her young mind around it as best she could until finally she broke the silence and muttered "I'm very tired." As she tilted her head back down from the sky, the end of her large ears flopped forward once more and she frowned down at her reflection in the water. Letting out another sift huff, she forced herself up, taking a deep breath and shaking her head.

Up on all fours now, she shook herself out, getting the blood pumping through her, determined not to let that heaviness get the better of her. As long as she kept moving and didn't think about it, she'd be okay. That's what she told herself. Just don't think about it and it will be okay. At that notion, she left the water's edge, beginning to sniff around for Lavander, or even just prey, wanting to practice. Anything to keep her mind occupied.

PEBBLES
8 Moons
Female
She/Her
Hetero
To-be
Bane
Blooming Fields of Lavender Avatar
Blooming Fields of Lavender
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 29, 2020 7:31:46 GMT

Tossing and turning, with little success of sleep. Eventually, Lavender hauled herself from her nest and ventured out hunting. She had been up all night and now all day. Numerous hunting attempts and numerous trips back and forth from the camp to various spots in the territory. Lack of sleep had left the fae with a splintering headache, but despite this, her hunts still had some success. Upon one of her trips to the camp; a loose rabbit hung in the snow fae's maw, she bumped into a small to-be. The little one dreaming of becoming a huntress like herself. Lavender couldn't help but oblige in the offer to take Bumble out for a hunt. They discussed the details and off Lavender went - on to another journey before meeting up with Bumble. Unfortunately, Lavender's attempts to tire herself out had in fact been successful. Perhaps too much in fact.

The she-cat had arrived at the lake early. She wanted to ensure there was enough space and few others so they could practice in private. Lavender stretched out and then settled down in some long grass near the lake. Due to her small size; she was practically hidden by the long leafy stems. Her small body sprawled out in the thick grass, her stomach exposed and poking up to the sky. Suddenly she flicked an ear - hearing what sounded like a sigh. She lifted her head up and peered up and over the long grass. Bumble was sitting there. Oh mousedung, I must have overslept! But before she hurriedly sat up, she watched as the little feline deflationary admitted she was tired.

Casting her mind back to her own training period; images flicked past. Training was hard work; the constant struggle of trying to be good enough, trying to catch enough prey to please one's mentor, getting all of the tactics right. It was tiring. Little did Lavender know she had misunderstood Bumble entirely. She watched as the little mottled she-cat began searching for a distraction. Lavender used that as her queue. The silvery white feline hauled herself up and out of the thick grass and pranced up towards the small apprentice. "Hi, Bumble!" Lavender drew close to the small to-be and pressed her salmon colored nose gently to the mottled feline's shoulder, her way of trying to be reassuring. "You seemed a little upset, Bumble. Is everything okay?"

Lavender wore a concerned expression; worried that the little one was overworking herself. She had done in numerous times to herself. Perhaps Lavender could help, somehow.. "If you would rather not talk about it..That is okay, we can start hunting. But, I'm a good listener," she said.

455 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
THIRTY-FIVE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
SCOUT
PERCEPTION
Bumble of a Young Fawn Avatar
Bumble of a Young Fawn
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 5, 2020 5:04:45 GMT
Bumble hadn't exactly been paying too much attention to her surroundings and nearly jumped out of her patched hide at the chirped hello of a familiar she-cat. All four feet came springing off the ground as her once narrow tail doubled in size. As soon as she landed back on the ground, her ears gave with quite a bit of bounce and nearly hitting herself in the face when she spun around to face Lavender. Any sort of exhaustion she'd had weighted on her had all but dissipated in a moment as she relaxed again, the gentle Scout pressing her nose in Bumble's shoulder in a reassuring gesture.

Bumble looked almost ashamed that Lavender had seen her like she was, sulking over who even knows what, but just the gesture itself was a heartwarming feeling. Even if it wasn't honest, the notion that someone was caring about her feelings rather than the other way around had become a foreign sensation.There was a brief pause on Bumble's narrow face as she considered, but what would Lavander think? This wasn't something anyone else should have to burden she decided. Settling with a simple smile, one so familiar across her young face. It beamed like sunshine, a gentle, soothing warmth so hide the cold residing inside her. "Yeah, I'm okay. With these ears, I gotta try extra hard to be a good hunter. I guess I just need a good nap." She chirped, her fur having settled back down after the initial scare.

"You're really good at hunting though, even if you're not as big as the others like me, so I was hoping you'd help me and maybe had some tips or tricks?" She continued, though it seemed more like Bumble's issues weren't with her size. She may have been on the smaller size, she she was long and lanky, having the perfect build for speed, but her large ears seemed to get in the way. She was sure to grow into them with time like her mother did who also struggled with her large floppy ears as a To-be, but as she grew into an adult, they stiffened out and she stopped tripping over them, but for now, Bumble would have to learn to work around them, just as her mother once had many many moons ago.

PEBBLES
8 Moons
Female
She/Her
Hetero
To-be
Bane
Blooming Fields of Lavender Avatar
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 5, 2020 22:32:56 GMT

At the reaction of the patchy feline; Lavender took a cautious step back before presenting a slight grin across her maw. Lavender was never known to be one to give frights to clan-mates, but she viewed it as a compliment. Maybe Lavender wasn't as clumsy and bumble-pawed as some teased. Although, Lavender wasn't sure if telling others she scared a to-be was a wise idea. When put like that, the compliment didn't seem to be as weighted.

Cocking her head to one side, she saw the little one planted with a slightly embarrassed expression. Before the silvery fae could muster a reply though, the expression changed to one of a simple smile. Lavender, despite her foolishness, felt that something was tugging at the young to-be's mind. "And I'm sure you will be - those ears are definitely something special," she said with a matching smile; her icy gaze shifted to the big, droopy ears. A real unique highlight to the to-be, she decided. Lavender couldn't help but wonder if the small feline would ever grow into them, or whether they would droop forever. Secretly, Lavender loved them the way they were. She hoped Bumble felt the same. "If there is ever anything troubling you, Bumble, I'd be more than happy to be your rock. Sometimes life just isn't easy and it's nice to have someone to rely on," she said.

Lavender was genuine. As a young kit, she had lost a great deal. Parents and even a sibling. It left the fae heartbroken and destroyed; like someone had taken away all she had ever known. But, the pain was transformed into strength with the aid of her mentor. Mink had been a kind, always patient and was always there for Lavender. Although Bumble surely had her own mentor; another cat for support would never be a bad thing.

The Scout's thoughts stopped abruptly as Bumble mentioned that Lavender was a keen hunter. A big, toothy, delighted grin featured on her face. Lavender had always wanted to be recognized for her strength as a hunter; although she was small, she had speed and stealth on her side. Lavender's keen nose had also never steered her afar. "I'd love to help you!" She beamed. Lavender couldn't help but feel it was a real honor to be chosen by the to-be, her eyes glinting in excitement. "Well, I guess we better get started then, huh?!"

Lavender lowered her body low to the ground; forming a flawless crouch. Moons of practice had the scout's stance perfected. She had her jaws parted a little, her nostrils flaring as she gently sniffed the air. "When I was a to-be; strength was never my thing. I use to rely on my nose. My nose very rarely steers me astray. What does your nose tell you?"

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
THIRTY-FIVE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
SCOUT
PERCEPTION

Quick Reply