The kin of Stranger Things [tagged]

Bumble of a Young Fawn Avatar
Bumble of a Young Fawn
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 27, 2020 5:35:51 GMT
A scattering of sunlight painted the harsh terrain of the camp. The rays of sunlight peering in to provide some much needed warmth to those who resides inside. One in particular was trying to enjoy the splatter of warmth as much as she could. A young, calico she-cat laid splayed out in the largest spot of sun she could find. The light left her short pelt warm to the touch and offered her a moment of bliss in the cooler weather, though not nearly as cold as leaf-bare. Actually, it was her first new-leaf and over all, she wasn't all that impressed yet. None of that was really on her mind in that very moment though as she dozed off in the middle of the camp.

Large ears sort of flopped over, resting on the ground, hind legs spayed out behind her, belly pressed to the stone that was once warmed by the sun. It wasn't until one of the passing Sentries had stepped on her tail did she wake back up, letting out a small yalp as she scampered up onto her feet and out of their way. A small huff escaped her narrow maw, not in contempt at the sentry for disturbing her, but simply for losing her sunny spot. She offered a smile from her lowered head as they glanced over at her panicked retreat before moving on with what ever they had been doing. Letting a yawn slip up from her throat and out her stretched mouth, she shuffled out of the main areas of the camp, parking herself near the far wall.

Large Oceanic eyes gazed around for someone to talk to. Offering a smile, the youth tried to get the attention of a few passing felines, chirping out shipper greetings to them, but they hardly offered her much more than a hello in response, busy with work of their own at the time. As she trailed behind another not so interested adult, her eyes caught sight of someone. A massive tom. She'd seem him many times, but never really did approach for some reason.

With a gentle smile carved into her face, she approached the feral tom known as Shadow of a Brewing Storm as if he was as harmless as a rabbit.

PEBBLES
8 Moons
Female
She/Her
Hetero
To-be
Bane
Shadow of a Brewing Storm Avatar
Shadow of a Brewing Storm
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 27, 2020 7:46:05 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

STORM

Storm just like um wut o.o

Leaving camp was always so much nicer than returning to it. Even if it happened to provide a sheltered place for him to sleep, softened with moss and ferns, and ready with freshly caught food just waiting to be eaten, it still felt like a great stone cage. Like every time he set paw within, it would be the last time he would ever visit the outside world. Yet still, he never tried to go beyond the borders they laid out for him, never tried to harm those that sought to keep him here...it always left him wondering why, but the jumble of answers he could dream up were not something he wanted to dwell on for long.

For now, he was here, and at the very least the work they gave kept him busy.

Still, the precarious rocky path that lead to camp was certainly far from something the savannah ever found inviting. Where it might be a little risky for an ordinary cat not paying quite so much attention, for the far larger male, it was like tiptoeing along a tight rope each time. Yet even so the tom would return to the camp each day all the same, often with a large piece of prey in his jaws despite not being a hunter of the tribe.

The male had every intention to deposit his kill with the rest of the Tribe's prey, before settling down to rest until he was next called upon. He had not even bothered to seek out the leader he was meant to be mated too, instead leaving it to her to call upon him. It was hardly Storm's place to seek her out anyway. Perhaps they might decide he was not worth keeping alive after all if he started making anything close to a demand.

What Storm did not expect, however, was to stumble to a stop when he suddenly realized a tiny, bat eared female was tottering her way toward him without a care in the world. Sure, as big as he was it would make sense if he watched his paws a little better so as not to trip over such youth - however as little harm as he ever meant them, they all had a tendency to avoid the large, feral savannah. He was not one who was approached lightly by the smallest of the tribe, and so to have nearly tripped over one was a surprise to him. Still, Storm only blinked at the tiny she, before carefully stepping around her and padding on to place the large hare where it could be picked up and shared by another later.

Likely she simply was not looking where she was going either. Storm certainly did not expect the tiny calico to follow him, to seek him out voluntarily. Sure, there was a little one who would try to taunt him, but even then Storm could see the fear in those wide eyes whenever he so much as moved a hefty silver paw. It felt strange, still, to be feared for no fault of his own.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
45 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Sentry
Nyara
Bumble of a Young Fawn
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 27, 2020 20:45:55 GMT
As he came to a stop, she looked at him with wide eyes having not realize just how big he really was. Her gaze filled with awe and wonder at the tom who just met her with confusion and perhaps even a hint of concern. She was too struck by him that she didn't even manage to get a word out before he started to move away. It startled her at first, suddenly flattening herself to the ground, which for her wasn't a very difficult task as he practically stepped over her. As soon as he was passed, her head popped right back up, ears bouncing at all the sudden jolts of movement. Jumping up to her feet, she bounded after him, hopping along next to him as he deposited his catch for the others of the tribe.

She hardly paid it any mind at all, keeping her attention fixated on him. The chipper smile on her face never showing any signs of disappearing, she squeaked out at him "Hiya!" Getting up in front of him again, her multi colored face not able to get anywhere near his no matter how she stretched up, she continued on "You look weird." But there was an innocence to her statement. Not a joke, but a statement. Something she saw as fact, but a fact she took comfort in.

Bumble didn't really look like the other cat's either, her large ears setting her apart from them, and him? He was just... large. Two mutated peas in a pod. "Do you talk? I don't think I've seen you talk. Where are you from? What's it like? What's it like to be so big?" She started spouting off questions at him, unable to contain her curiosity of him.

PEBBLES
8 Moons
Female
She/Her
Hetero
To-be
Bane
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 29, 2020 4:25:12 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

STORM

What the tom at first figured to be a mistake of distracted youth was quick to show itself as perfectly intentional, the tiny bundle of fur and ears bounding along after without a care in the world. For a moment, the tom continued to ignore the tiny little feline as he deposited his catch, not hungry enough to eat it himself in that moment. It was not until he turned to take a step away that Storm finally stopped again to look down at the molly.

She had settled in front of him again, stretching up as though she could meet his eyes from such a height difference, even if she remained over a mouse length away at her best efforts. She really was all ears and eyes, with her little narrow head, long body and splotches of miss-matched color. Still, there was that light of curiosity and innocence to her gaze and the high little greeting she chirped that kept the annoyance most might expect from him at bay.

The second she made her first observation of him, Storm faded out the reproachful, doubtful looks of others from his mind and chuckled slightly, resigning himself to his supposed fate of being bothered by the little tyke. At least she was not afraid of him - that sure was a first. "I could say the same for you, little one," he responded smoothly, not a name on his mind nor a request for it on his tongue as he sat himself down right where he stood.

Her volley of questions, though, did wipe the glimmer of amusement from the tom's silvery olive gaze, instead drawing a slight huff from the large male. "I talk when I want to, doesn't matter where I'm from or what it was like, and for me - being big is normal, so about the same as being small must feel for you." Short tail thumping slightly by his side, the tom lay down to get closer to eye-level with the to-be, and rose his bowline in question for if that was all she needed to be answered.

Storm did not like to be idle - his energy was a hard thing to contain sometimes, and if he was not moving or sleeping after a hard day's work, he was guaranteed to be restless. If this little one wanted to bother him for much longer he supposed he'd just have to teach her a few things out in the territory until she got bored and headed home.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
45 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Sentry
Nyara
Bumble of a Young Fawn
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 1, 2020 0:51:22 GMT
Her oceanic green eyes grew wider as he began to speak. How that was even possible was unknown, but she was absolutely enthralled with him. She nodded in agreement to him though at his first remark. "I do look weird too. That's why we should be friends." She said it very matter of fact as if that was all that was needed. Two weirdos against the world. She followed his gaze as he sat down and descended even further to lay down. She scooched back a few paw steps to make room for him.

She thought about his words a moment, head tilting to one side. The ear pointing down unfolded, sticking out completely where as her other ear only folded in more from the strange angle, but she hardly even noticed. "I guess that makes sense. But then her brow furrowed, her smile disappearing for the time being. It was an expression that didn't really suit her, almost unnatural looking for the she-cat that was always smiling. "But I don't like being small. Does that mean you don't like being that big?" She was serious, seeming very troubled by this thought. "Maybe if I grow to be as big as you, my ears won't look so funny." Her thought drifted to Ice, his spray of venomous words and almost as sharp claws dug into her mind like a disease.

She hopped over next to him, her ears bouncing each time her front feet connected with the ground and she laid down next to him, spreading her long, narrow limbs out as far as she could and looked back at him and herself before back up at him and saying "I have a lot of growing to do in that case."

She suddenly realized something though. Someone his size MUST be good at fighting, right? She's meant to be a Scout like her mentor Dragonfly, but nothing says she can't learn how to defend herself and who better to teach her than the biggest, toughest cat around? She scrambled back up to her feet in an almost comical manor, as that oh so familiar smile sprung back across her white maw. "Can you teach me how to fight?" She chirped, the enthusiasm oozing from her. "I might be small, but I'm tough!"

PEBBLES
8 Moons
Female
She/Her
Hetero
To-be
Bane
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 1, 2020 3:33:53 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

STORM

Storm had never seen anyone so fascinated by being called weird, really, it was certainly odd. The little feline looked up at him as though he was the whole world in that moment - really, for her he was probably big enough to be so anyway - and the large male just blinked down at her in return. "Friends?" He echoed, one large ear flicking, perplexed, as he mulled over her insistence. Definitely a strange one, but Storm had to admit it drew his interest.

Did he like being big? The tom considered for a moment, tail thumping idly behind him once more as he thought, before simply offering a shrug. "I don't have an issue with it - I'm big, everyone else is small." Seemed reasonable enough, Storm supposed, though really it was only an answer of minimal effort. He was not really sure what he thought...it was more his instincts than his size that troubled him, and them, after all. There were benefits and down sides to being so big, just as he figured there were to any other size. He did not know anything else anyway, so what was it to him.

Storm watched as the little molly bounded closer and settled alongside him, ears flopping all over the place as she inspected the both of them side by side before coming to her apparent conclusion. The tom blinked. Well, yes, she would have a lot of growing to do. However, he knew she would never make it to his size, so he decided not to encourage that thought. "Your ears might be too small then in that case. You'll grow into them when you're older."

That little smile was back, bright as ever.

Storm watched as the tiny feline scrambled back to her paws in an instant, energy practically shining off her brighter than the sun itself. The male watched her skeptically, eyes tracking her movement without so much as a twitch of a limb from his end. Train her to fight? Was this little thing a sentry to-be? The tom frowned at that, eyes flitting between one of his large forepaws, and the tiny molly's frail form, before shaking his head doubtfully. "I don't think that's a good idea."

Besides, it was not like anyone around here was about to trust him with a to-be.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
45 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Sentry
Nyara
Bumble of a Young Fawn
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 10, 2020 18:19:59 GMT
The thought of her ears being too small then hadn't even occurred to her, and she didn't seem to dwell on it either, her attention having already shifted on to bigger, grander things. Large, jade colored eyes looked at him both pleadingly and expectantly, having hoped he would agree to teach her. While Bumble adored her mentor, Dragonfly was already so patient with her in training her to hunt, she felt bad asking much more of the molly.

Storm seemed like the perfect cat to ask to teach her such things, but to her dismay, he seemed hesitant to do such a thing. "What? Why not? I can handle it, I promise." She pleaded with him, her head tilting down, but eyes still looking up at him as her ears dropped further. It was a face that could melt hearts whether she knew it or not. Bumble just had a way of pulling at heart strings. "You won't be disappointed, I can do it! Ice beats on me all the time and I don't like it." She went on, getting slightly more brave as she spoke. "If you teach me though, he won't stand a chance." Her ears sprang up with a jovial bounce as she hopped around, swatting at the air, trying to seem tough, but it wasn't really working in her favor.

PEBBLES
8 Moons
Female
She/Her
Hetero
To-be
Bane
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 14, 2020 6:04:10 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

STORM

Disappointed seemed an understatement, if only for a moment. The little molly peered up at him with the widest of eyes sitting in that tiny head of hers, large ears drooping down to her shoulders as she pleaded to him. The tom frowned slightly, knowing he ought not let a little cuteness sway him. No, she was small, and he could be dangerous. Not to mention the Tribe would surely disapprove. He may not exactly feel like he belonged with them, but the thought of them kicking him out turned his stomach...he needed their stars to keep his lost kin safe. He was not leaving.

It seemed a little cuteness, however, was not all the tiny molly had to offer. While her little act of toughness did nothing to sway him, her words drew the tom's attention in a different sort of way. He did not know who Ice was - though he had a couple of young toms in mind who perhaps fit the bill. The thought of anyone being cruel for no reason, however, caused the tom's eyes to narrow slightly in distaste.

Youth were not to be treated so. Even he would not be harsh with them without reason...and considering all their elder generations had done, to him and no doubt to others as well, he figured one of them had no excuse for it at all. The savannah flicked his ears indecisively as he stared down at the little molly, part of him seeing the sister he had once known in those bright, persistent eyes. To think of how she was lost to him...

"Alright," the tom muttered, reluctance edging his tone even as he gave in to her request. Rising to his large paws, the tom stepped carefully around the tiny molly, met the gaze of another sentry for a brief moment, and headed toward a clearer spot within the camp where kits and young to-bes were often sent to practice and play without getting under working paws. "I will teach you to defend yourself without hurting others. But we will stay within the caverns - You are not my to-be."

In truth...he knew they would be against him taking the youth out. Not only was she not assigned to him, they would not trust him. If he was going to do this, he would deal with all eyes watching if it meant keeping the peace. The sentry that had overheard the tail end of their conversation had already inched closer to settle and watch, feigning to groom as she kept an eye on the tiny youth at Storm's great paws.

There was a bitter feeling, knowing they thought he would harm such youth, when the reason was them doing just that to begin with.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
45 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Sentry
Nyara

Quick Reply