falling from above [ tagged ]

littlebird Avatar
littlebird
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 3:11:49 GMT
littlebird
if you ever fall down and you can't get back
if you lose your strength to stand
[attr="class","bandittext"]It had been a long day, to say the least. Her usually clean pelt was caked with mud and sticks and leaves from her treck through the sodden swamp in attempts to find herbs with Featherpaw. The younger she-cat had seemed amused as Littlebird fumbled through the territory and slid into puddles deep enough to submerge her hind legs before stumbling into the next. Clamped in her jaws were several plump mice that dangled by their tails from her maw. Her chest swelled with pride to know that one had been caught by the younger she-cat, especially considering hunting was not a skill that was expected of the medicine cat to be.

With the end of the day drawing closer and the stars beginning to pepper the navy sky above, Littlebird's pace was slowing. She was exhausted from the day's events, and she found herself lost in thought. Thinking to the stars above, wondering if anyone was listening just now. She hoped for guidance, right now more than ever, on what would come in the next couple of moons. If the spore would begin to ease up on the clans or if they would be in for more long months of illness without a cure. The thought was paralyzing, but she did her best to keep her gaze focused on the path ahead - both mentally and physically as she padded through the undergrowth that lead to camp.

Until the sound of a branch above cracking made her duck out of the way, her yellow gaze snapping upward. A small feline fell from the tree and just before they hit the ground, Littlebird threw herself between the hard ground and the little cat, determined to break their fall - or at least prevent them from being seriously injured. The collision brought a grunt from the older feline as the wind got knocked out of her and she dropped the five mice she'd been carrying, but she turned to look at the snowy bengal that had landed unceremoniously ontop of her.

"Are you alright?" She managed as the air slowly returned to her lungs. Slowly, the dirty white she-cat rose to her paws as she gently nudged the younger feline off of her. "Branches are more likely to rot this time of year, you'll want to be careful going up." She warned gently, though there was no anger in the older she-cat's voice as she cautioned. As she turned her yellow gaze onto the young she-cat's face, she recognized Omega, a she-cat that had been assigned to Hornetcall during their apprenticeship ceremony only a short period ago.

436 |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#b84b4b;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SIXTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
CO-LEADER
NA
BANDIT
Omega Avatar
Omega
Oneclan
May 18, 2020 0:09:31 GMT
This was honestly her favorite spot.

Well. Not this particular branch on this specific tree, but this area. The birds here were so bright and colorful and chatty and they didn't startle at her appearance anymore. That allowance didn't extend to other cats, of course, and they were always quick to let her know whenever someone else appeared by quieting down and staying in place. At least today no one seemed interested in her little hiding place, allowing her to laze around without any duties.

The day was just beginning to turn over to night when Omega moved into a long, luxurious stretch on her chosen branch. She wasn't really paying attention as she descended which -

CRACK

- was not her smartest move.

The branch snapped almost instantly under even her slight weight and Omega only had a second to freak out before she was dropping to the ground frozen in fear where was the ground she needed to get her paws under her wait no that's the wrong way this is going to hurt so much

But it didn't hurt as much as she thought it would as her fall was cushioned by another body. The little apprentice blinked wildly and wide-eyed as she was gently nudged off of Littlebird of all cats. What? Littlebird was saying something but the words didn't really make sense for an awkward moment as Omega struggled to absorb what had just happened. She leaped to her paws and drew in on herself once it registered that she had landed on one of the leaders of Oneclan - and not only that, but her favorite one. "I-I'm so s-sorry," came her stuttered apology. She could feel her face heat from embarrassment and fur prickle in uncertainty. "Are you - I didn't - you're okay? I didn't - didn't hurt you, right?"

Oh this was the worst thing that could have happened this was Littlebird the cat she looked up to quietly a leader who looked like her who had made it so far and no one bullied her like Alpha did to Omega and it was just too much for her to understand and -

It took another few heartbeats before Omega was able to get her breathing back under control, eyes still wide and staring in disbelief at having the undivided attention of the former Gorgeclan leader.

PEBBLES
7 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Oneclan Apprentice
Hornetcall
arcticwind
littlebird Avatar
littlebird
Oneclan
May 21, 2020 0:05:44 GMT
littlebird
if you ever fall down and you can't get back
if you lose your strength to stand
[attr="class","bandittext"]Littlebird recognized the panic of the younger feline - a similar look she'd seen in Featherpaw countless times before. Her words were rushed, choppy and panicked as she apologized profusely for falling from the air onto her. Littlebird only shook her head in response, slowly pushing herself up from the ground and shaking her dirty pelt. "I'm alright, Omega, don't worry." She said gently, giving a smile to the younger she-cat.

"I assure you, I've done much worse to myself in my moons, what matters is that you are okay. You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

The leader scanned over the young feline and only settled back onto her haunches once she determined the little she-cat was indeed unharmed.

"You are out quite far from camp, and in a tree no less. I can't say I know very many MoorClanners who would choose to hide themselves in the branches. What made you start climbing?"

She asked curiously, turning her gaze up toward the tree. The branch that had broken was dangling limply from the tree above. It was an impressive way up, a height that even Littlebird was cautious of going too - granted her stout legs didn't offer much kindness to the act of climbing.

So, of course, she took interest to the young she-cat - especially considering the fact that she was not of GorgeClan, the clan most known for it's climbing tendencies out of the three. As she waited for a reply, Littlebird busied herself with gently nudging the mice into a row before her, before glancing up at the young she-cat.

"Have you eaten today? You're welcome to one. This one here -" She pointed with her paw to the plumpest one of the bunch, "Was caught by Featherpaw." She purred proudly of the apprentice she'd taken under her wing moons ago.

306 |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#b84b4b;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SIXTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
CO-LEADER
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply