WHAT WILL WE BECOME? [ tagged ]

littlebird Avatar
littlebird
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 2:09:51 GMT
littlebird
if you ever fall down and you can't get back
if you lose your strength to stand
[attr="class","bandittext"]The question had plagued her mind since the day they clans had agreed to merge. She'd been apprehensive of the idea - of course. They all had. But it seemed that the world they lived in now was not as easily manuevered as it had once been and the decision to bring GorgeClan forward to aid the other clans in turn for a safe place to avoid the sickness that plagued their territory was the best she could come up with. Seeing as parts of their territory had already been surrendered to quarantine and their numbers being most impacted by the disease that no one could explain, it seemed only logical that the sick move to GorgeClan's home. But even with just a moon behind them with this merge, Littlebird was finding herself more and more on edge in CreekClan's territory.

The history of Bonestar was something she attributed much of that to, as it seemed that CreekClan was not thrilled to have their former tormentors sleeping beside them each night - not that she necessarily blamed them.

But try as she might to try to keep her mind facing forward and on the horizon of what would come, she found herself thinking of the worst. Fangstar was gone and had left GorgeClan in her care and now GorgeClan ceased to exist. Littlebird worried that her clanmates hated her for this decision - but she'd found solace in Flickerfrost and Featherpaw's company. So she asked them to meet her at the edge of their old territory. The markers had faded and the smell of GorgeClan was faint at best - but what you could smell here now was the waft of the sickness that hung in the air. Littlebird visited this area for two reasons, to make sure that no one was stupid enough to cross into the quarantine zone, but also to check to make sure no one was moving into their territory.

The small feline stood at the edge of the territory, staring into the lush forest. Her ears were perked forward until the sound of pawsteps approaching pulled her out of her own thoughts and turning to see the faces of her medicine cats approaching, Littlebird felt the muscles in her body slowly start to relax. "Thank you both for coming to meet me out here." She said as she started walking away from the border, putting several foxlengths between the quarantine zone and them. "I wanted to talk with you both about the move and see how you think it's gone and if you've heard anything from anyone since we arrived. I'd be lying if I said being here after everything that has happened between our clan and CreekClan doesn't give me worry. How are you both fairing?"

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#b84b4b;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SIXTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
CO-LEADER
NA
BANDIT
Flickerfrost Avatar
Flickerfrost
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 17:45:47 GMT

Flickerfrost
template by punki of adoxography
The price of & YOUR GREED,

your sons and your daughters
When Fangstar had been alive, it was no secret that Flickerfrost kept a close eye on her. It had been a topic of debate more times than she could count. A critical eye trained towards her at every opportunity, sharp words meant to criticize and condemn for every action that didn't seem helpful at first glance. When Ferretmask had gone missing, Flickerfrost hadn't hesitated to jump Fangstar's case about assigning a new deputy; it wasn't that she was glad that Ferretmask was gone, no, it was more of her duty to the Clan - one cannot function without a deputy. She had waited, waited far too long for Fangstar to decide before she had gone to her again and spat fire at her for not choosing after they had shown up at a Gathering with no cat to sit in the deputy's spot. Fangstar had argued back, equal amounts of stress and annoyance at Flickerfrost's insistence and she understood that it was hard for Fangstar but the Clan came first.

When Fangstar finally allowed Flickerfrost the knowledge that Littlebird had been next, she had wasted no time in getting the know the warrior, guiding her if she could do so without Littlebird knowing, mold her into the deputy she would need to be should anything happen to Fangstar.

She had been wrong to doubt Fangstar, perhaps wrong from the start, but the familiar bickering they shared held a warm spot in her heart even now, moons after she passed. Littlebird was turning out to be a fine leader; Flickerfrost was sure she would've been without her interference, but now she owed it, to herself and Fangstar, to see Littlebird through taking her name and choosing her deputy.

Littlebird asks for a meeting, and she doesn't hesitate to follow.

"
I hope I haven't kept you waiting long," she stated in lieu of a greeting, coming up to match her pace to Littlebird's when she finally managed to get away from camp to meet up. Flickerfrost hadn't put much thought into what Littlebird wanted to talk about, yet she still wasn't surprised that it was about the Clan. A smile twisted into fruition at the thought and she bites back a chuckle. GorgeClan territory beckoned from a distance and for a fleeting moment, Flickerfrost thought about running back, pretending nothing had ever changed. But she wasn't that type of cat, a dreamer. No, she was a realist, so she turned her attention back to Littlebird. 

"I can't say that I blame them. If our situations were reversed, I can't imagine enjoying living with what used to be the enemy. GorgeClan has made great strides to fix that distrust, but some wounds still scar." She thought about all of Fangstar's efforts to bridging the gap between the two Clans, how she had died before she could see them living together, peacefully if not without tension. "I've been okay, no cat would dare try something on a medicine cat, GorgeClan or not, during these troubling times. Though, then again, that might just be my personality," she snorted, "so maybe Featherpaw has a bit of a different opinion." Featherpaw wasn't there yet, and Flickerfrost could only assume she was still on her way.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Asexual
Medicine Cat
Featherpaw
Kein Dong Knot Jair
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Apr 27, 2020 5:05:22 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

And she arrives and misses everything that was said oops

Featherpaw was never one to muck around - perhaps at one point it might have been fear that enforced it, but the healer's sense of duty and loyalty had certainly strengthened as the clan began to feel more like home over the last five moons. She had a purpose here, and though not by blood, she had a family as well. A family that had called for her attendance, and of course she would not delay.

Not intentionally, anyway.

However, matters of intent never were the easiest to keep that way. With the jumbled mess that was their new clan, one distraction after another had a habit of popping up, be they minor or otherwise. This time, Featherpaw had found herself stalled from leaving by two young warriors from Creekclan and Gorgeclan respectively who were fool enough to start a fight as soon as the backs of their leaders were turned. Fortunately it was split up easily enough by the older warriors - and how thankful she was to them, indeed - but it still left her having to deal with treating their wounds before she could be on her way, being the only medicine cat still in camp at the time.

By the time she escaped from her duties out into the territory, Featherpaw already knew she was late. Still, Littlebird was an understanding sort...and Flickerfrost certainly knew the chaos that could be their job. It was almost expected for things to get in the way, especially now more than ever. She was just thankful it was not another surprise Spore case. To have another crop up outside of quarantine would only ensure more panic.

Finally reaching the meeting point - unsurprisingly rather close to the territory they were still drawn home to - Featherpaw slowed her stride from a bound to a light trot, dipping her head apologetically to the older feline's as she reached them. "Sorry I am late - There was...a situation, back at camp." Featherpaw flicked her tail uncertainly, but at the very least the cats before her knew her well enough to at least read whatever had happened was dealt with, considering she looked a little more annoyed and unsettled than panicked.

"I hope I did not miss too much?" She felt bad for being late, that much was obvious...yet even Featherpaw knew it could hardly be helped. A scrap was bound to happen again at some point, they were just lucky it was only a minor one.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
littlebird Avatar
littlebird
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 0:59:20 GMT
littlebird
[attr="class","bandittext"]Flickerfrost, as she often did, appeared punctually, and Littlebird was thankful for that. Though she took no offense to the later appearance of Featherpaw. It was difficult to when she knew the job they all held, trying to keep the peace between three clans when times were filled with anxiety and frustration. Littlebird counted them lucky that there had been no issues thus far when it came to the peace between the oneclanners. No scrabbles, no fights, no arguments. Everyone was on edge, sure, but nothing that wasn't unwarranted. But Littlebird was a realist. Sure, she had a heart and trusted it to make judgements, but her mind usually was behind all of her major decisions. And thankfully, thus far anyway, it seemed like she'd made the right ones.

Though admittedly, there was still a shadow of a doubt.

"No, not long at all." She said with a small smile, though it didn't quite meet her large yellow eyes as she turned her gaze back toward the lush forest that marked their territory. Her heart ached for the trees she'd grown up in, wishing deeply that she could bring her warriors home. The few of them that there were left.

"I know what you mean." She said slowly, nodding her head in agreement. "I don't think anyone will truly forgive GorgeClan for what happened. I think it will take time and we'll have to hope they forget rather than forgive." Like Fangstar, Littlebird hated the acts of Bonestar and what they'd been asked to do to CreekClan and MoorClan. She knew that their actions would not be so easily forgiven by the others, and she didn't blame them for that. Truthfully, she just hoped that they'd be able to return to their home sooner rather than later. That there would be no need for them to walk on eggshells around the CreekClanners for much longer.

"That makes me feel slightly better." She said, a chuckle sounding from the feline before it died on the wind, her heart not feeling open to being so light-hearted today. There was just so much on her mind. "Should that change, let me know. There is a lot that we may have to put up with because we had no choice but to seek shelter here, but that is certainly not one of them."

At the appearance of Featherpaw, Littlebird's gaze softened only slightly. She found it difficult to talk about such dark subjects with Featherpaw, but she did her best not to soften the blow too much. After all, Featherpaw knew her sense of duty and knew what she'd signed on for. And one day, when Flickerfrost was not here, it'd be up to them to handle this alone. She needed Featherpaw to be prepared.

Gazing at the younger feline, she squinted warily at the look of frustration on her face before nodding in greeting. "We were discussing how you both have been fairing in CreekClan. I also wanted to see if either of you have heard anything from our clan or the others. Frustrations, arguments, etcetera. And then... I wanted to know if you've received any word from Skywhisper and the cats in quarantine." She was hopeful in that request, though she knew the chances were slim that they'd heard anything more than Spiritsong had.

PEBBLES
SIXTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
CO-LEADER
NA
BANDIT
Flickerfrost Avatar
Flickerfrost
Oneclan
May 7, 2020 17:31:26 GMT

Flickerfrost
The price of & YOUR GREED,

"CreekClan certainly isn't happy with it, that's for sure - but most of their warriors have either stayed away from the medicine's den or search solely for Spiderfrost. If they do go to me, they do it respectfully, but I can tell they're not happy about it. They're too smart to say anything about it though." Not smart enough to hide the distrust or annoyance in their eyes, but Flickerfrost could put up with that. It meant nothing to her. Part of her understood, but then again, she was a medicine cat, for StarClan's sake. If they couldn't trust StarClan's wisdom, what good were they as warriors? She thought back to her interaction with Dawnfire, one of the few who bothered to talk to her like another cat rather than an outsider and she felt the familiar stab of regret she had back then as well - she'd need to make it up to him, somehow. "Will do."

When Featherpaw had finally caught up, Flickerfrost greeted her with a soft purr - her apprentice was branching out more and more on her own, taking care of things that Flickerfrost and Spiderfrost hadn't been able to get to, often without asking for assistance. While she wasn't quite there yet, Flickerfrost allowed relief to fill her at the realization that she hadn't failed in teaching Featherpaw correctly. She'd made a fine medicine cat one day, and she certainly had the bedside mannerisms down for it. "Welcome, Featherpaw. I trust everything is well?" Of course, despite trusting her apprentice to handle anything, she was still more than willing to help, should the need arise.

With her attention drawn back to Littlebird once more, she allowed a frown. "The last I heard from them was a fair bit ago, to exchange some herbs. There wasn't any news of the quarantined cats, but, well, I suppose no news is good news. I've not heard anything since." There hadn't been a supply drop in a fair bit either, and Flickerfrost forced herself to believe it was because the situation was handled and they had the supplies necessary in either GorgeClan camp or somewhere amidst the territory. Perhaps all the cats were better, now, or on their way to it, and supplies weren't drastically needed anymore. One could hope. "I'll let you know as soon as I have news, but like I said, it's been fairly quiet. Have you had any contact, Featherpaw?"

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Asexual
Medicine Cat
Featherpaw
Kein Dong Knot Jair
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
May 14, 2020 7:31:48 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

Warm looks and soft purrs...it truly was a blessing to have something of a family here, even...without Wolfpaw, now. Littlebird and Flickerfrost seemed equally determined to be that for her, and part of Featherpaw wondered if perhaps that was what bonded them to get along better than Fangstar and Flickerfrost ever had. Not that the apprentice had ever believed her mentor truly hated her leader as she so acted...no, there was always more to something than what met the eye. She knew that well enough.

Her mentor was the first to offer and greeting, and where she might have once looked at the molly with hesitation, now Featherpaw gave Flickerfrost a warm blink of greeting and a gentle nod. "Yes, it is all fine now." Tail flicking slightly, the molly sat herself down beside her mentor, gaze flicking to Littlebird as she explained what they were called for.

Frustrations and arguments? Well...they were going to hear of it anyway. It was not like Featherpaw was intending to hide the situation anyway, simply, it was only relevant if its what they wanted to talk about. Tail settling over her paws, Featherpaw waited for Flickerfrost to finish speaking before she took her turn.

"There was a slight skirmish in the camp between two younger warriors, but it was split up quite quickly, at least much of the other cats seemed disapproving of it so it did not lead to anything more," Featherpaw offered, forepaws fidgeting slightly out of habit before she stilled them with a brief press of her claws into the earth below her. Featherpaw's gaze trailed briefly, just to offer those necessary details before they were asked for. "Just some scratches, nothing serious - more words than anything really."

Attention back to the question at paw, Featherpaw returned her gaze to Littlebird and went on. "There is a lot of tension, of course...but I don't think many of them really want to cause any issues. They're just...frustrated, and wary too. I don't blame them I suppose..." Her tail-tip flickered slightly, somewhat doubtful for a moment. Was that the right thing to say? She hoped so...it was said now, anyway, and she had no real reason to take it back, right? Littlebird wanted honesty...Featherpaw was no here to lie. "As for news..." Featherpaw added, "I have heard nothing new. Spiderfrost and I were near the drop-off a few days ago...a warrior told us that Skywhisper and Lilypaw were doing fine, so I suppose if that's the only news they offered, its all they had to give."

At least...she hoped so. The warrior had not seemed eager to talk...but then again, a lot of Creekclanners were like that toward Gorgeclan cats. They were probably merely on edge, like a lot of them were. There was a lot to worry about after all.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
littlebird Avatar
littlebird
Oneclan
May 21, 2020 1:07:28 GMT
littlebird
[attr="class","bandittext"]There were few in this clan that Littlebird could see trusting more than Flickerfrost and Featherpaw. But she imagined that there would one day be a need for GorgeClan to have a deputy once more. She had no intention of letting her clan stay here longer than she needed to. It wasn't home, and it wasn't right for her clanmates to live in high tensions for the rest of their moons. She kept a careful eye on everyone and did what she could to smooth the tension between even herself and Seawatcher, but she sensed it from time to time.

As Featherpaw admitted there was a small skirmish in camp, Littlebird let out a soft, frustrated sigh."Was one of our own involved?" She truly hoped not. The last thing she needed right now was Seawatcher to have a reason to dislike her clan. It'd been obvious when negotiations were made that Seawatcher was not as fond of the idea of merging the clans.

Turning her gaze toward Flickerfrost once more, she twitched her whiskers as she thought, determined to find something out of their homeland. If the spore was nearing an end, they'd need to assess the damage of their home. There'd been so many deaths... the bodies were somewhere. So many GorgeClanners were lost.

She barely stifled the defeated sigh that sounded from her, but the way her shoulders lowered, it was obvious to tell something was bothering her. Littlebird's brow furrowed slightly at the knowledge that there was no news of their home. Glancing longlingly over her shoulder, she quickly turned her attention back to the medicine cats before her.

"Whenever you drop more supplies, please try to get news from Skywhisper. I know it's difficult and do not go yourselves. I just want to make sure our clanmates that are there are still safe and that our home will one day be safe to return to."

Pausing, she continued slowly. "And as soon as Skywhisper feels its safe to do so, I want to see it for myself."

PEBBLES
SIXTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
CO-LEADER
NA
BANDIT
Flickerfrost Avatar
Flickerfrost
Oneclan
May 30, 2020 19:29:56 GMT

Flickerfrost
The price of  YOUR GREED,

News of an actual fight breaking out - serious or not - made her even angrier, her claws itching to sink into the ground she was standing on. How could warriors be so stupid? Like they hadn't had enough issues! She wanted to claw off the ears of every warrior who dared try to make matters worse, see how they liked that. If it was one of their own, she absolutely intended to. She scoffed, nose crinkled to betray her monotone words. "StarClan rest their souls if they are one of ours." She'd been one, in the past, to think of warriors as uselessly violent and she was right, but Flickerfrost was finding herself more and more eager to sink her claws into some warrior's pelt as time wore on.

She sighed, shaking her head lightly to banish her thoughts and cool her temper, lest she take it out on those she actually cared about Featherpaw hadn't heard much either and Littlebird's disappointment was contagious. She understood the need for distance, and it wasn't like she was desperate for a talk, but not knowing anything was getting increasingly frustrating, as well as worrying. She hadn't seen Skywhisper since he'd first gone over, and she missed her familiar home. Any kind of news would be better than just sitting around waiting. 

"Sure thing, Littlebird. I'd like to be able to talk to him directly rather than going through whoever is sent to the border to speak." She hadn't looked away from where she was staring in the general direction of GorgeClan camp, but her head snapped to the side, wide eyes meeting Littlebird's. Slowly, she relaxed again, the words rolling around in her mind before she could piece them together correctly. "Sorry," she said sheepishly, "I misheard you for a moment. I'd thought you said you'd go rushing in if you hadn't heard any news." Flickerfrost sighed heavily, if not a bit dramatically. "I need more sleep. I'm starting to lose my hearing in my old age. I'd like to go with you, whenever that's possible."

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Asexual
Medicine Cat
Featherpaw
Kein Dong Knot Jair

Quick Reply