In the moonlight [OPEN]

Wolf That Howls Past Dusk Avatar
Wolf That Howls Past Dusk
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 25, 2020 22:56:52 GMT

[attr="class","khally1"]

wolf

[attr="class","khally3"]

The ebony colored figure sat among the dense forest. The heavy stench of pine lingering in the air. The sun had fallen behind the clouds and a claw-moon was steadily rising in it's place. Wolf was by the edge of the lake, absorbing the moonlight that glinted down onto the water. It was a peaceful night with crickets clicking and chirping in the background, the distant howls of owls in the towering pine trees.

Wolf lowered his head and lapped at the cold moonlight glimmering water. It was refreshing and simply added to the peaceful atmosphere of the forest. The large smokey male stretched upwards then lowered himself down into a comfortable ball-like position. It was still not yet moon-high, in fact, it had only just gone dark.

The bulky figure enjoyed the darkness however. He liked listening to the sounds of the forest when all but some had gone away to bed. The gentle sound of the water rippling and trickling downstream. The distant howls of wolves in the mountains. This was his form of perfection.

The muscle-bearing tom pondered what the next sunrise would bring. The Tribe seemed to be doing well, but of course more kits and more to-bes were always wanted. His mind lingered to the edges of the territory. No dangers had threatened them as of yet, much to the male's delight. But, Wolf knew silence was always broken eventually. It was always just a matter of time.

[attr="class","khally"]tagged | words

[newclass=".khally"]background-color:#041e59;[/newclass][newclass=".khally1"]border-top:200px solid #041e59;[/newclass][newclass=".khally3 b"]color:#041e59;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
Male
He/him
Hetero
SENTINEL
Khal
dragonfly hovers over water Avatar
dragonfly hovers over water
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 26, 2020 1:20:02 GMT
i don't wanna live my life in circles
It was dark. The moon offered no more than a sliver of light tonight, but it was the sort of darkness that she liked. If anything, the dense forest blocked out spectacular astronomical objects she could see. Dragonfly headed toward the lake, maybe somewhere where the darkness of trees were not the only things she could see overhead. Her ears were pricked upward, just in case any small unfortunate creature were to cross her path and grant the scout a meal. 

Dragonfly had seen wolves before. They were large, much larger than one would expect. Everyone says they were like dogs, but she knew differently. Unlike their yipping and yapping little cousins, wolves had immense dignity in her eyes. They were enormous creatures that held an ominous air of silence. Such was a name befitting the younger tom that she spotted by the water's edge. 

It if it said that Dragonfly held the title of a feminine mystique, then Wolf was the male counterpart.

She had exchanged very few words with Wolf before, nothing outside business matters, of course. But tonight the night was young, and she could use some company. Hoping not to startle Wolf, Dragonfly dropped down from the branches of the trees, quietly arriving at the water's edge. She sat down rather wordlessly next to Wolf, and turned her blue eyes on him. After a brief moment more of silence, she flicked her tail at the reflection of Silverpelt on the water.
"Quite a view, isn't it?"
● notes  ● 264 words
MADE BY MIZO

PEBBLES
35 moons
female
she/her
undecided
scout
io
Glow of Midnight Firefly Avatar
Glow of Midnight Firefly
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 26, 2020 13:44:08 GMT
----- FIREFLY -----
tag:  // words: 434 // notes: ---
The moon shed little light upon Firefly's path that night.

Prowling the trees like a living shadow, he tread the needle-shewn ground without sound, ears rotating diligently around to catch any misplaced breath released from, perhaps, some unsuspecting loner eager to steal from the bounty of this strip of forest. He enjoyed patrolling this section of tribe territory; when dusk fell, all that could be heard remained the whispers alighting on sprigs of pine, the incessant tittering of nocturnal creatures, and the beating of his own heart in his ears.

Taking a deep breath, Firefly focused on the bitter tasting air to calm the itching in his chest, stubbornly clinging to the peace surrounding despite the creeping need to burst at the seams and release this pent-up energy. His muscles were taut; the sentry almost wished an enemy would appear like smoke in the night, oblivious, awaiting attack. Perhaps a fight could breathe life back into his eyes and ease this annoying twitch in his paws.

He approached the lake at last, his tongue alarmingly parched from long patrolling along this ridge; he had been out since the sun bode farewell and dipped beneath the horizon, and now he felt the echo of fatigue. He would fetch a drink and return to camp to rest.

Approaching a different side of the lake from where, unknowingly, another sat, Firefly bent down to lap at the surface, the touch of his tongue sending rings fanning out. He watched them disappear, trying to capture the serenity surely locked away somewhere in this place, but noticed another source of undulation opposite, colliding with his own.

Mingled with the scent of clear, refreshing liquid was the taste of another cat. . . and an all-too familiar presence. Dragonfly. A growl rose in Firefly's throat, but he stifled it. Before making himself known, he had to discover who his sister was with, and why. Equivocating between his distaste for Dragonfly and his undeniable desire to protect her, he crept downwind to hide his scent and stalked the forest just in view of the lake shore, searching for her creamy coat that certainly stood out amid all this dusky light.

There. He watched her drop from the trees to slink in beside Wolf, training his ears to catch sound of her voice. A rendezvous, perhaps? Narrowing his eyes, Firefly waited, hoping patience might reveal what this initial impression could not, but swore internally: If Wolf has hidden something from me, he will pay for it.

template by eliza @ TB

PEBBLES
35 M
Male
He/Him
Bi
Sentry
Flash
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 27, 2020 0:16:11 GMT

[attr="class","khally1"]

wolf

[attr="class","khally3"]

The male lifted an ear up, hearing the gentle rustle of leaves in the trees behind him. The male did not turn his gaze, but he could hear the steps of another approaching. Wolf identified the approacher's scent before settling his golden oculars on her. Dragonfly was thin, lithe and very delicate seeming. She reminded him of a fragile leaf, but he knew better than to believe perceptions based on appearance. The rosette feline's eyes were misty and mysterious; enticing the tom to know more about her. She truly was an exotic looking creature.

Wolf slid his gaze across to the fae as she took residence wordlessly beside him. The moonless shape greeted her with a gentle nod of his said before focusing on the beauty in front of their brightly lit eyes. The male slowly nodded, agreeing with her as she spoke about the sight. The two felines had never really spoke much; some words here and there, discussing tribe matters or hunts or, the likes. But, never anything more.

Without a word passing the tom's muzzle, he lowered his head slowly, his golden eyes narrowed into cautious slits. I could have sworn I heard a growl..The male; trained predominantly for combat could not detect an underlying scent, a scent not identifying as his own or Dragonfly's. The tom tilt his head, "Did you hear that? I-..I could have sworn I heard something," he said.

Wolf knew he wasn't hearing things. He most certainly did hear something; his ears finely tuned to the sound of danger. But, alas he could not find it's whereabouts. Strange. Whoever, or whatever it was, clearly does not want to make its presence known. Not yet, at least.

The tom pressed his maw closed, his gaze still trained on the water. "So, what brings you out on this fine evening?" He asked, deciding to make conversation with his fellow tribe-mate.

[newclass=".khally"]background-color:#041e59;[/newclass][newclass=".khally1"]border-top:200px solid #041e59;[/newclass][newclass=".khally3 b"]color:#041e59;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
Male
He/him
Hetero
SENTINEL
Khal
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 27, 2020 1:59:09 GMT
The calmness of the sentry before her impressed her, honestly. Dragonfly knew few who would sit here solely to enjoy the night. To many, night was a time of mysteries, and most feared the unknown. Blue eyes shamelessly gazed at Wolf, glinting with a strange curiosity. Dragonfly opened up to very few cats, but something told her she and Wolf possessed the same silent understanding of the world. She was about to speak again, but her fur prickled.

Her good mood and the peaceful scene before the lake were both interrupted as Dragonfly sensed the cat behind her. However, unlike Dragonfly's creamy coat, this cat's pelt was the color of the dark. She did not spot his shadowy form among the dusky branches and was unable to identify the stranger. The scent was rather familiar, a Tribe cat like her, she presumed, but it made her no less nervous.

She saw Wolf's eyes thin into yellow slits. So he had noticed too. Nothing less to expect from a sentry, she decided. In truth, the scout was glad for Wolf's presence. Not trained for combat, Dragonfly was always thankful that these cats took the job. The large, smokey tom, however intimidating, was a relief to Dragonfly today. She gave Wolf a terse nod and spoke in a lowered voice,
"I was followed." 

She signaled a direction toward the bushes with her eyes. However, she was just as curious as to which one of her Tribemates would lurk out in the night and follow her at this hour. So she decided there was no need to out the stranger just yet. She wrapped her long tail around her paws and continued to look forward at the stillness of the water.

"Trying my luck for any nighttime snacks," Dragonfly purred loudly in response to Wolf's question. Owls or bats would be delicious, and she had not had them for a long time. "Do you like the taste of owl or bat? I haven't brought any back to the Tribe in a long time." 

She carried the conversation on, determined not the let the intruder know he had been noticed. 

MADE BY MIZO

PEBBLES
35 moons
female
she/her
undecided
scout
io
Blooming Fields of Lavender Avatar
Blooming Fields of Lavender
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 27, 2020 2:43:22 GMT

The night always looked so different through the round icy eyes of Lavender. She hopped through the long grass, absentmindedly taking her time. The she-cat was situated rather lowly to the ground, especially in comparison to most adult cats; the white sheen of her pelt giving away her location before she dived in through the thick reeds. While in the tall reeds, she managed to be fairly well hidden. Although, she made no attempt to silence her steps. She saw no real need; not now, not when she was just going for a quick stroll to the lake for a drink.

The stocky scout was feeling rather parched; her mouth feeling dry. As she made her way towards the river, something slinky shifted in the corner of her eyes. Instinctively, Lavender held her breath; fear creeping over her body like overgrown moss. The moonlight had just caught the figure, but only just. Lavender turned her head; settling her bright terrified eyes on the shadow that stalked the night. Suddenly she let go of the trapped air and inhaled; relief. "You nearly scared me!" She said wildly to Firefly, "I could barely smell you. Thankfully the moonlight made you a little easier to see...But, not by much," she explained. Lavender shook her head and walked up to the water's edge, which was only a tail-length or so away.

Lapping at the cold water, she watched as ripples and ringlets formed. It seemed unusual that Firefly was walking around quietly in the dark. Unless she had disturbed his hunting, but no...That couldn't be right, Firefly was not a scout. The inky figure was a sentry.

In the distance, across from the lake; Lavender's attention caught on two figures. Wolf and Dragonfly. The two were sitting by the water's edge, drinking at the water offered by the lake and chatting. It all seemed fairly harmless. The she-cat excitedly waved her tail in their direction, sending them a smile. "Hi! Maybe Firefly and I could join you both?"

deltra of gangnam style

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
THIRTY-FIVE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
SCOUT
PERCEPTION
Glow of Midnight Firefly Avatar
Glow of Midnight Firefly
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 29, 2020 19:17:46 GMT
----- FIREFLY -----
The conversation quickly bored Firefly; the endless praddling on about hunting and whatever else was not the suspicious sort of topic he'd expected, nor hoped for. Not a rendezvous, then. Letting out an inaudible sigh, Firefly let his eyelids droop as he shifted his weight slightly. Smug pleasure hit his chest upon hearing his sister's interpreted failure in catching the elusive likes of bats and owls recently; to Firefly, it sounded awfully like a confession of imperfection, and a ghost of a smile nearly emerged from beneath his stony expression. Good stars, the poised and measured Dragonfly, admitting a defeat? He hadn't known his sister liked the taste of those flying things. Perhaps he should keep that in mind, for...future reference.

Amid this internal monologue, he almost completely missed the emergence of a sound very close nearby. Once again, Dragonfly had distracted him from more important matters. How annoying.

Once he identified whom the scent belonged to, Firefly's lip curled in distaste. Pudgeface's littermate. He hadn't anything against Lavender directly, but by association alone her presence gave the sentry a mighty headache. Everywhere the molly stumbled, the atmosphere became bubbly and blindingly cheerful. Her sheer force of optimism disagreed with Firefly very much and left a sour taste behind on his tongue.

As Lavender approached, the tom realized quite suddenly that he might be discovered. If he was revealed, how would his sister react? Unfavorably, obviously; she didn't seem the type to appreciate being watched by her enemies, let alone by Firefly himself. Panic seized in the tom's chest and he searched around for a way out. Too late. Lavender's sickeningly sweet voice attacked his ears rather abruptly, informing him that he had, in fact, been spotted. Trying to inch back into the trees to escape this unfortunate circumstance, Firefly hissed an irritated response back at Substitute Pudgeface: "That was the point, but I'm glad you have your wits about you."

Following Lavender reluctantly and facing Dragonfly and Wolf, Firefly gave a painful smile (really, more of a grimace) and dipped his head sarcastically in greeting, wishing very much to not be slashed for his misdeed.

template by eliza @ TB

PEBBLES
35 M
Male
He/Him
Bi
Sentry
Flash
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 30, 2020 0:01:27 GMT

[attr="class","khally1"]

wolf

[attr="class","khally3"]

The smokey sentry sifted through the thick cat-tails and reeds, attempting to find the source of the noise. But, the sound was like a shadow, difficult to trace in the darkness. The creamy she-cat beside him spoke in a lowered, almost hushed voice, explaining she was followed; prompting a frown across the male's maw. Parting his jaws, he managed to catch a slight taste in the air. But, only just. This cat knew how to hide his scent, but alas it was still vaguely identifiable. Male. From the tribe; that was all he managed. Why would someone follow a fellow tribe member? He turned his confused expression to the rosette female. Did she even know? It was all rather creepy and unusual in the tom's mind. Dragonfly was a beautiful she-cat; her creamy pelt and darker rosette spots, turquoise eyes and slender body-shape. She was one of the tribe's best hunters too. It was no surprise if she had admirers, but this.. This was unacceptable.

Wolf was about to say something on the matter when Dragonfly spoke again, answering his previously proposed question. It took the male a few minutes to respond, still somewhat focused on the noise from earlier. As the she described night-time snacks, his ears prickled up with intrigue. "I've tried owls, I rather like those. But, I don't think I've ever had bat..I would have thought they would be a little chewy," he commented; looking to the scout. Naturally, she would know better than anyone. Wolf wasn't a great hunter, his bulky shape seemed to let him down each and every time. He simply wasn't quick enough. Wolf usually just ate whatever he found laying around in the camp, never being fussy about the offerings. "If you catch one, you should let me know. I'd love to try some," he said. Wolf was enjoying his chat with Dragonfly. She provided a nice distraction from the stalker.

The male suddenly jerked his head up; hearing the voice of another. How many stalkers has Dragonfly got? He thought, but after narrowing his golden eyes into slits yet again, he snagged the pelt of a scout. Stocky with glossy white fur. Shrill and bubbly in tone. Lavender, a scout of the tribe. She was a optimistic she-cat who always seemed to be in a fairly good mood. She called out again, this time addressing himself and Dragonfly.

Lifting his brow, he turned to Dragonfly in astonishment. "Firefly followed you," he said as a statement, but the confusion in his mind made it seem closer to a question. Lavender had managed to identify the stalker, whether intentionally or not. The tom felt a chuckle in his throat; amused as Firefly grimaced in discomfort. Wolf shook his head in disgust and in a low voice whispered to Dragonfly, "Why would your brother follow you?"

A smile came to his maw though, genuine and real. He gave a nod to Lavender, who had obviously meant well. "Yeah, sure. I see why not."

PEBBLES
Male
He/him
Hetero
SENTINEL
Khal
Tribe of Fiery Skies
Apr 30, 2020 1:38:38 GMT

The hairs on her back rose in indignation. This was not the first time her own brother had tested her patience. How long was he going to act suspicious? As far as Dragonfly was concerned, she wanted nothing to do with the cat that soiled her reputation. A cat that used underhand tactics against his own family to cleanse his own name was a coward in her eyes. 

She hated to admit how much Firefly had scared her. She scarcely felt unsafe on familiar territory, but Firefly's dark pelt had deceived her. Since the accident in their to-be days, Dragonfly had no longer considered the inky tom her real brother, and the same went for the rest of her family. Wolf's lowered voice reached her, but just barely. It must be strange to him, Dragonfly thought, that I would be scared of my own brother. 

"Don't know. I don't really talk to him. Can't imagine he had good intentions," Dragonfly replied to Wolf in a hushed voice.

In a louder voice, she turned to greet Lavender. The stocky scout warmed her heart, really. There was no doubt she had unintentionally burst Firefly's cover. The disgruntle look on Firefly's face made Dragonfly slightly smug. She did not acknowledge Firefly's presence directly, but instead warmly motioned to Lavender, 
"Of course you can join us. We were just admiring the beautiful scenery we are blessed with."

"I was just asking Wolf for this preference of fresh-kill," she purred and turned back to the alluring silvery-gray sentry. His presence right now was the real blessing right now amid the rather awkward encounter. She couldn't help hope there was some way she could thank the kind and composed tom. She gave Wolf a small smile, and turned back to the lake, away from Firefly, "Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for owls tomorrow if you like 'em."
MADE BY MIZO

PEBBLES
35 moons
female
she/her
undecided
scout
io
Blooming Fields of Lavender Avatar
Tribe of Fiery Skies
May 4, 2020 4:55:18 GMT

The she-cat pinned one ear back, a gentle frown creeping across her maw. Firefly hissed a response back to her; he held venom in his tone, like a snake awaiting to strike. Immediately, Lavender found she had distaste for the darkened tom and regretted inviting him over to join herself, Wolf and Dragonfly. Why such hostility, why such venom?

Lavender turned her back on the venomous feline and drew towards Wolf and Dragonfly at their warm beckon. The duo were apparently admiring the beautiful scenery. A smile came to her maw as she too, focused on the still water in front of the two felines. The still water made the she-cat feel at ease; relaxed. It was tranquil. "Thanks," she said, warmly nodding to the two in appreciation.

In her mind, the she-cat imagined little mosquitoes, cicadas and other little insects swooping down by the water and then flying up and landing on variously tall rushes nearby the edge. Lavender secretly thought about catching one or two. The noises they made intrigued her. Perhaps a visit here during the day would make her dreams a reality.

"Favorite prey?" She asked, turning her gaze to the two. The large silvery-grey tom seemed to want to try owls. The big, feathered creatures were known as being wise. But, she also knew them as being tender and delicious. "Owls are great, Wolf! I'm sure you'll love them," she chirped back. "My favorite prey is probably.. Eagles and I like snacking on cicadas," she said. The she-cat knew her snack was a little obscure, but she didn't feel the need to defend herself to anyone. It was a snack and they were easy to catch. "Do you like owls too, Dragonfly?" She asked as she tilt her head.

Accidentally; Lavender seemed to have forgotten about the snarky tom. Lavender having assumed he wondered off; mid-way through the conversation.

deltra of gangnam style

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
THIRTY-FIVE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETERO
SCOUT
PERCEPTION

Quick Reply