curious beginnings [ tagged ]

cloverwish Avatar
cloverwish
Oneclan
Apr 24, 2020 0:57:04 GMT
cloverwish
you are the answer i've waited for for all of my life
show yourself, let me see who you are
[attr="class","bandittext"]The days she'd fallen ill felt so far ago. It was shortly after her ceremony when strange smell took over - followed by the wheezing and soon the little flame-point she was isolated from her clan and most of her family, with only Lilypaw to hold her sanity. Her sister seemed worried in the beginning - as most were. The news of a cat falling ill of the spore and the sudden coming and going of symptoms seemed to frighten everyone because there was no way to tell when they would appear, when they would end, or if the cat would suddenly drop dead.

The disease dropped cats like flies, it seemed. And MoorClan was no better equipped at handling it. It was no more than a moon after she had fallen ill that the clans merged and she was marched to GorgeClan as soon as she was strong enough to move. She'd been delirious during the move, her head swimming, body aching from the weakness in her lungs and every step burned. The journey had felt longer than it was, and she was destroyed to learn that she'd missed the adventure of a lifetime when she finally started to slip out of the illness. The bright eyed apprentice she'd been only moons prior would have given anything to see the other clans and the world outside her moors. She longed for anything past that.

That must have been when Lilypaw knew that she was getting better, the way the light came back into her eyes and her offers to hunt and patrol the quarantine zone were closer and closer together until she was up from sun up to sun down. She avoided the campsite - though not because she hated it. She'd just seen it all, and there was nothing more to do. So she busied herself in the area she learned was called the rushing waters, but heard stories from other GorgeClanners of the crumbling rocks. According to them, there'd been a careless apprentice who had tried to bring back useless pebbles before the disease broke out in GorgeClan, and apparently he'd gotten sick not long after. The feline thought it was careless, but figured that since she'd already been ill, she had very little to lose. She was strong - resilient. And had a whole world to explore.

She had been so focused on the journey that when she made it, it was vastly underwhelming compared to the forest that surrounded it. There were dirt mounds where the bodies of many cats laid to rest, and there was a thick smell of death and sickness that wafted through the area. Wrinkling her nose, she quickly decided to turn away, and continued on into the lush forest ahead. The smell of undergrowth mixed with an unmarked feline clung to the air. The scent didn't belong to any of the clans, she was certain of this. So she sunk to a crouch and looked through the undergrowth for any sign of where the scent came from, her fluffy tail flicking back and forth.

Her training had grown rusty in three moons however, and she clumsily stepped on a twig, and the snap filled the air, followed by a soft gasp that escaped the little fluffy feline.

547 |
[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#7c732a;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SIXTEEN
FEMALE
SHE/HER
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Chaton Avatar
Chaton
Outerclan
Apr 26, 2020 19:20:36 GMT

Chaton
template by punki of adoxography
Singin' the blues while the lady cats cry

Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy
"What's a pretty young thing like you doin' in a place like this?"

Chaton was a simple cat - he lived by himself, not entirely too far away from his family that it would take him days to visit but far enough that he was completely on his own. He liked good prey and moonlight and singing late through the night, especially when distant Upwalkers yowled at him to stop. He liked napping in the sunshine, late in the day when the sun way high overhead. 

Most importantly, he liked the ladies. 

The groups of cats that lived in the territory beyond his home were especially in his interests - mollies from all shapes and sizes, lean and mean and so beautiful and unique in color and temperment and ideals. It definetly kept him from growing bored, living by himself. The other cats, the ones that lived just outside those clan cats but still in groups and always together, were a bit annoying, but still, there was a molly or two who would look his way and meet his eye.

And then they all starting being lame and dying, all at once, and the loners mostly all left and now all those beautiful clan mollies were living as one, or sick, and it was a lot harder to get one on their own if so many of them now lived together; he refused to go anywhere near what he assumed was some kind of death camp for dying cats so that was completely out of the question. He got bored, plain and simple.

So when a pretty molly almost literally drops at his paws, of course he's going to gain interest immediately.

From his perch on a tree, tail swishing lightly from where it hung limply off the branch, he had a nice, clear window to the bad-idea lands. It wasn't often that a cat came him way from them so the moment she popped into view, Chaton followed her with his eyes much like he'd imagine a bird watching a mouse. Momentarily, he had lost her, and was just about to stand and go search for her when a snap from below him caught his attention. When he spoke, his voice was fluid, smooth with amusement, and he was ready to dial up the charm the moment she met his eyes. "
Looks like you're a bit far from home there! Y'know, I'd be more than happy to be your guide back."

@cloverwish

PEBBLES
Tom
He/Him
Hetero + homo tendencies
Loner
Kein Jair
cloverwish Avatar
cloverwish
Oneclan
May 1, 2020 1:34:23 GMT
cloverwish
you are the answer i've waited for for all of my life
show yourself, let me see who you are
[attr="class","bandittext"]She’d been so sure she’d smelled something… a cat. Not one from the clans, and it had set Cloverwish’s senses into hyperdrive. She wanted to make sure that the cats of OneClan - especially the ones in quarantine - were safe from any and all unwanted visitors. So when a smooth voice sounded from above, she froze midstride and lifted her large blue eyes upward to the cat in the tree. The cross of her eyes was still prominent, a feature that Skywhisper had said could possibly fade as she got older, but never did. It provided her with an endearing quality - or at least that was what mother had always said.

Who are you?” She all but ignored his question, choosing not to dignify the thin tawny tom with an answer. She was further from home than she’d ever been, in actuality, the moors felt like a distant memory now that she was surrounded with big trees that blocked her view of the sky above. Only slivers of blue and white could be seen among the canopy. While most MoorClanners were distraught to be undercover - at least the few that she was able to converse with here in quarantine, all that Cloverwish saw was a new adventure awaiting her. That was why she’d been so determined go this far into the territory - not that she really knew how to make her way back to camp. But that was a problem for future Cloverwish. Right now, she had a strange cat to deal with.

I’m not… lost.” She said quickly, darting her blue eyes away from him once more as she continued. “I know which way is home. This forest is just… weird. I don’t need help from a cat like you.” She said pointedly, though Cloverwish had never really interacted with a non-clan cat. She’d heard stories of how they were all sleazy and couldn’t be trusted - much like Wavestep - and so she was cautious as she looked over the form in the tree above her. Though admittedly, she wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. He certainly didn’t seem to be dangerous, the way he lounged in the tree and offered his help to get her home. So maybe they weren’t all bad. Just mostly.

Maybe he was the exception.

Do you know much about the forest?” She asked slowly, “Not that I need help. I don’t.” Cloverwish added quickly, the soft burn of her cheeks matching the ginger that marred her face. “I just… haven’t seen much of it. Is this all there is?

438 |
[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#7c732a;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SIXTEEN
FEMALE
SHE/HER
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Chaton Avatar
Chaton
Outerclan
May 9, 2020 19:24:10 GMT
Chaton
template by punki of adoxography
Singin' the blues while the lady cats cry

Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy
Chaton laughed, stretching so that his front paw joined his tail in hanging limply off the branch, toes spread in his relaxation. He settled his head down on his other paw, watching her down below. "My, my, you're a rude one, aren't you? Here I am, offering help - free of charge, mind you - and you demand answers from me like I'm some kinda intruder or somethin'. That's just not nice," he teased. Chaton fell silent, allowed the call of birds to settle between them. Now, he hadn't actually thought of her as rude, no, he'd come across many rude cats in his time wandering around the territory - now, were they mostly mollies from the Clans snarling at his intentions at seducing them? He'd never tell.

This molly was nowhere near the amount of rudeness he'd witnessed, not by a long shot.

It was far more amusing than it was anything else, and he was certainly lacking in the amusement category as of late.

"Y'know, I don't find it very fair to demand a name from me when you're the one waltzing in on my re-lax-ation. If you quite recall, I was here first. Plus, I haven't gotten ta' hear your pretty name yet, darlin'! Where's the equality!" Was it too early to join her on the ground yet? It didn't seem like she was one'a those crazy Clan mollies that used claws rather than a polite 'no' but he'd been duped before. He stretched again before moving into a sitting position, watching her with a calculated eye.No, Chaton figured he'd be okay.

With a gentle grunt, he landed on the ground in front of her, all smiles as he dipped his head to her. "
Hey now, ain't nothin' wrong with this here forest! A cat like me knows it pretty darn fondly, considerin' I've been livin' here a bit now an' all. I bet you're one of them group kitties, aren'tcha? Far superior to cats who mark their own path, an' all." If he hadn't been certain before, he was then; cats who lived with the up-walkers were often posh and snide, if they hadn't already ran at the sight of stray, and other cats like him, who preferred to just live as they were, generally didn't care about other cats. Those Clan cats, especially the toms, were grossly committed to thinking that clanlife was the only life. Chaton wasn't mad, though, or annoyed or dissuaded, not at all. It was the familiar push-and-pull game he'd always played to those who came his way.

"Like I said - I've lived here a fair bit, I'd like ta' think I know a thing or two about it. But, like you said, ya ain't need help from me, right? Plenty of other critters live here, so careful if you're makin' your way though!" Chaton waved his tail with a flourish, stepping to the side with a toothy grin to let her pass. "Don't let lil' ol' me stop ya now!" He'd let her go, if she wished, but he'd wait for her to come back. The forest wasn't tricky to navigate once you were used to it, but cats who weren't tended to have a more difficult time, uppity clanner or not. And if she did make it through, then maybe he'd have to seek her out at a later date.

(apologies, still trying to get his voice down)

PEBBLES
Tom
He/Him
Hetero + homo tendencies
Loner
Kein Jair

Quick Reply