Walk on** Water (tagged)

frostwhisper Avatar
frostwhisper
Oneclan
Apr 24, 2020 0:48:38 GMT
"Sit in silence and watch the world."
Perhaps for a Gorgeclan-raised cat, this area may only be good for relaxing. Frostwhisper was born and raised in Creekclan's lands, however, and he had an eye for the best fishing spots. The quarantined cats not of his birth clan might hate how much fish he collected for them, but it wasn't as if he was used to hunting other prey. He could catch vole, of course, and other slow ground creatures, but the squirrels and birds and rabbits he overheard being missed were beyond his reach. It was interesting how many new cats didn't realize that not being able to speak didn't mean he couldn't hear or was dumb.

It was a good thing he was fishing and could maintain a still, unbothered pose. The urge to let out a raspy sigh was near overwhelming.

He let his mind wander as he waited poised for a hapless little fish to swim by. How was Snappaw doing, his old apprentice? Was she acclimating well to Oneclan? Facing any issues? He might have stumbled his way through training her but he had honestly thought he was teaching her well before succumbing to the Spore. Did she have her warrior name? What was it? Perhaps he could try to ask Skywhisper or his apprentice what the news was of her...

To some, his minor obsession with the well-being of the young she-cat might seem suspect, but Frostwhisper had been alone for so long in his own clan that he had grown comfortable with the close relationship a mentor traditionally held with their apprentice. He missed their interactions. Here, in the quarantine territory, so much time was spent hunting and caring for the sick as best as he could manage that he rarely had the time to rest and socialize. Minnowswarm was perhaps the closest but even he, starved for friends and companionship as he was, could barely count it.

One large white paw slashed at the water and hooked out a fat fish. It was tossed unceremoniously to the shore and taken out of its misery with a swift bite before joining the other two in a shallow hole. His hope was to catch a couple more before starting to carry them back to the camp.

| A/N:
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
44 moons
Tom
He/Him
Unknown
Quarantined Creekclan Warrior
Snappaw
arcticwind
blossomshine Avatar
blossomshine
Oneclan
Apr 24, 2020 5:33:51 GMT
blossomshine
i learned to slam on the brake before i even turned the key
before i make a mistake, before i lead with the worst of me
[attr="class","bandittext"]She should have known that eventually, it was bound to happen. Harespark was always going to leave her for that feline in MoorClan, it was just a matter of when. From the day they'd gotten together, it had all been built on a lie. A fear that she would turn him into Stoatstar to tell their leader that he was disloyal to his clan. He'd stayed for some reason, one she couldn't explain. And when she'd gotten pregnant with his kits, it seemed to lock him down for moons. But the kits were older now, and when he'd left, he told her that he couldn't live a lie anymore. She'd tried to co-hearse him with more kits, hopeful that the little bundles would bring them closer as it once had.

But she was pregnant by then, and Harespark had a duty to her as her mate. 'What about me?!' She'd screamed, stared him in the face while tears stained her face. His words stung as he looked her in the eyes, gaze narrowed, hardened after moons of putting up with her. He spoke flatly, the only emotion in his face was pure anger. "It's always about you, Blossomshine. I have nothing left to give you, because you've taken it all. You'll be alone, and that's about all you deserve." And she's stood there, broken. Her eyes locked on his form as he'd left. The sight was still burned into her minds eye, and she stood still on the edge of the river, staring down into her own reflection.

That was when the plan began - as insane as it sounded. She'd had it once before, but the symptoms were sudden and onset and quickly disappeared. There had been a few cases, in CreekClan - though far fewer than the others she'd learned. And thankfully, due to the severity of the dangers of it, all warriors were made aware of their symptoms to better protect themselves and each other. Five days after Harespark's disappearance, she was rushed back to camp by her hunting patrol, barely able to hold herself upright and claims of a musty odor filling the air. Two days later, she wheezed with each breath, and as she was quickly quarantined away from the rest of CreekClan under Spiderfrost's watch. When the other clan's arrived, she was sent to GorgeClan's territory, something she was thankful for almost immediately. She claimed the symptoms had returned.

During the time she was quarantined, she heard of Berrychirp's kitting and the two healthy kits she birthed and while she was happy for her sister, the CreekClan queen struggled to keep her own head above water. She sank into a depression and soon the act of fatigue was easy, for she slept the majority of the day and grew thinner as meals were refused. And once she was free of CreekClan, she continued the act for a few weeks, though she wasn't sure if Skywhisper believed it as fully as Spiderfrost had. (Or if the young medicine cat had at all, frankly.)

And today, as she stared at her own reflection, she noticed the way her face was more sunken and the only thing that prevented her ribs from showing was the fluffy pelt that masked most of the imperfections. She'd slowly started to let up on her "symptoms" claiming she felt well enough to make a trip to the river and hunt, hoping to spend time away from the other sick cats. She was thankful not to receive the sickness thus-far, though it was something she wasn't sure she would have necessarily minded at this point, for it felt like she had nothing more to lose.

Slowly, the calico she-cat turned and made her way along the river until a snowy pelt appeared in the distance. He sat perched over the water, and she noted the way he made quick work of snatching the fish from the depths before him. "Frostwhisper!" She practically purred in greeting as she approached, though the enthusiasm behind her voice was not matched by the steps she made forward. Her pawsteps were slow and stagged only slightly as she made her way closer. It was harder and harder to tell these days as she'd been picking at the meals she brought more and more. "How are the fish today? Catch anything good?" She asked warmly, giving him a small smile.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-TWO
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
frostwhisper Avatar
frostwhisper
Oneclan
Apr 25, 2020 3:19:26 GMT
"Sit in silence and watch the world."
Frostwhisper flinched at the sudden voice, head snapping to the side to see who had come along. He relaxed at the familiar sight of one of his clanmates, Blossomshine, and dipped his head in greeting. Yellow eyes anxiously darted over the she-cat's frame as she all but stumbled her way to his side, though it seemed as if she didn't need him to help balance her. How in Starclan had she managed to walk all the way from camp to the river? Not only that, how had Skywhisper allowed her to do it in the first place? Surely he and his apprentice weren't so busy as to notice one of the weaker cats leaving camp.

At her question, he flicked his tail towards his little pile for an answer. More than ever he wished to have his voice returned to him. The dizziness and nausea that had been so prevalent at the beginning of his sickness had faded until it barely bothered him these days, but his voice never returned. Sometimes he worried that he would be left voiceless forever without even the ability to purr. Body language only got a cat so far, after all, and most didn't take the time to learn how he used it to say what needed to be said.

Another quick glance at how gaunt the once-healthy Blossomshine had become, and he turned to his caught prey. Frostwhisper knew her appetite wasn't great and going so long without eating would make her stomach resistant to eating too much at once. He frowned at the selection and turned to the river just in time to catch sight of the flashing scales of another fish. He swiped out at it and repeated the same process as earlier, pleased that this one was much smaller. It was with a great stretch that he stood with it in his mouth to drop carefully at her paws. Just in case his intention wasn't clear, he nudged it as close as he could and stepped back to lay down and relax with his new company.

| A/N:
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
44 moons
Tom
He/Him
Unknown
Quarantined Creekclan Warrior
Snappaw
arcticwind
blossomshine Avatar
blossomshine
Oneclan
May 1, 2020 1:32:09 GMT
blossomshine
i learned to slam on the brake before i even turned the key
before i make a mistake, before i lead with the worst of me
[attr="class","bandittext"]Blossomshine was thankful to have found a friendly face - or at least one that she deemed to be friendly. While she could count on one paw the number of conversations she’d had with Frostwhisper, it didn’t mean that she wasn’t overjoyed to have a clanmate to keep her company. If anything, it brought the calico joy and a soft purr rumbled in her chest as she made her way closer. Her gracelessness was attributed to starvation and disorientation - something that she was thankful could be passed off for this illness taking a toll on her body. Since Harespark left, she’d found it harder to keep going each day, and slowly the color was fading from her world.

She dreamed of simpler times when her kits had been young and bounded about her purring form in the nursery. When Berrychirp had been at her side more than her own mate had. And while it wasn’t perfect, it was a time that brought happiness to her.

Don’t look so worried, I’m fine.”” She teased lightly as she settled herself quite close to the fluffy white tom. Blossomshine had always had a reputation for being far too warm and welcoming to the toms, and even in her sickened state, it would appear that there was no exception. Part of her wanted to snuggle right into the soft pelt at her side, for it looked quite warm and while the day certainly wasn’t cold, the lack of meat on her bones made anything under smoldering hot feel like she was wrapped in ice. Looking over the pile of fish that he indicated to with his tail, the smaller she-cat beamed up at him, a bright smile on her face.

Awe, Frostwhisper, you’re such a strong warrior and so willing to provide for everyone. I’m sure Seawatcher would be proud.” The news of Stoatstar’s death had been shocking, and it was still an adjustment to call Seawatcher leader - especially considering they were so far removed from the clan right now, but she knew all the same that her statement was true.

Blue eyes darted to the flash of silver scales beneath the surface as his white paw darted outward, scooping it up from the water and watching as it landed on the ground. He made quick work of it and once the fish was dead, dropped it at her dainty paws before settling himself back onto the ground at the riverbank. A smile touched her maw and the soft calico she-cat let out a purr. Despite the fact that she’d been apprehensive eating this whole time, it seemed rude to turn away a piece of prey that he’d literally just caught for her, so she settled herself into a crouch before it.

She ate slowly, pacing herself as the dull grumble of her stomach indicated that it wasn’t quite sure if it wanted the food that it was being given. But after a few minutes, the small fish was picked clean and a soft purr radiated from the molly as she inched closer to the tom before settling herself only about a mouselength away. She’d always been affectionate, and poor Frostwhisper was the first cat in about a moon she’d been able to get close to and feel safe. Sighing contently, she lowered her head to her paws and looked up at him. “Do you miss CreekClan? I do. The forest here is so… dense. There are too many trees. And I miss Berrychirp. Her kits were born, you know.” Her chest swelled with pride and ached with pain at the same time at the thought that she’d missed her sister’s kitting and had never met the kits she produced. Lowering her gaze, ears lowering, she sighed heavily.

I wish we could go home.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-TWO
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply