it's been a long, long time [tagged]

Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 23, 2020 20:02:08 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monlyrics2"]☼ D A W N F I R E
[attr="class","monbody2"]There was no doubt that he had gotten lucky in this disaster. Dawnfire's family had stayed relatively safe amid the disease. Although he grieved the death of Jasminepetal, all his other siblings were still alive.

At least he hoped so.

It had been moons since he last saw Knotspark. So much had changed since then, that if he were to see his brother again, Dawnfire didn't even know where to start rambling. The two of them got along quite well, with light-hearted, happy-go-lucky personalities. Their jokes bounced off each other naturally, and Dawnfire could not have asked for a better brother. His thoughts flooded with sweet memories, Dawnfire could almost smell Knotspark's scent. He was worried, and he knew Blizzardberry was too. Since the quarantine began, they had heard close to nothing about the cats sent there. They could quite possibly be dead, without family by their side and without a proper burial.

He was not supposed to cross into quarantine territory, Dawnfire's paws led him to the Flooded Creek once again anyway. His gaze traveled over the creek and toward GorgeClan territory, where the quarantined cats were. He jumped into the water, feeling the cool water chill his fur until he reached the other side. Shaking his fur dry, he realized it was not just his nostalgic imagination! He opened his mouth again. Knotspark had been here. Excited and relieved, Dawnfire bumbled along the river's edge, following the scent. At a small clearing, he spotted a refreshingly white and gray pelt. He almost could not believe his eyes. It was as thought Knotspark had been sitting there a while, waiting. Without any regard for the quarantine rules, Dawnfire crashed through the undergrowth and onto his sibling.

"Knotspark!! You're alive!"
he screeched in disbelief.

296 words

[attr="class","montag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#e6ae73;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon2 img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics2]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fafafa;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#fafafa;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
knotspark Avatar
knotspark
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 3:57:50 GMT
knotspark
i'll taste every moment and live it out-loud
[attr="class","bandittext"]( Just a quick OOC thing, Jasmine is back, no death for her. xD )

Knotspark had barely become a warrior when disaster struck. The spore had been kind to CreekClan - kinder than the other clans, anyway, so he'd believed he wouldn't catch it. He'd been so careless in his actions, wandering wherever his heart desired, until he fell ill with the disease. It took him over like a tidal wave and within a day, he was clinging to life, gasping for air in Spiderfrost's den. And he'd been left quarantined with a few other cats of CreekClan until the merge happened and he was filed into GorgeClan, barely able to carry himself the whole trip - collapsing a few times from sheer weakness.

The symptoms had been gone for about two weeks now, and while he still felt like he was exhausted most of the time, he could at least hold himself upright and his breathing was clear. He was close to being allowed to go back to the clans, he was sure of it, as he'd been moved to the outskirts of their quarantine camp to keep him away from the cats with the worst cases and he was finally permitted to leave for short hunting expeditions and patrols. It was recommended they didn't go far, but Knotspark had found himself sniffing his way closer to CreekClan, desperate to return home. He knew he wouldn't be allowed to yet, and knew that he had to do what he could to keep the rest of his family safe. He didn't want to get them sick, so he'd traveled as close to the border as he could and sent his prayers to StarClan for their safety and health. While he'd never been one to believe in the cats in the sky, he needed something to help make himself feel better.

And as he'd resolved to leave and began making his way back into GorgeClan's thick forest, he found himself trampled and a familiar voice screetching in joy to see him. Knotspark struggled to shove him off, though he was just as thrilled to see him. "Dawnfire!" He yelped in joy, though his tone quickly changed as he realized that he'd followed him right into the quarantine zone. "You big, stupid, idiot, why are you here? It's not safe!" Though he nuzzled his brother affectionately, overjoyed to see him all the same. It was quite a contradiction, absolutely, but he couldn't help it. He'd missed his family, as they'd always been close.

407 |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 27, 2020 1:24:40 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]Dawnfire had not realized he had crossed the border at all. Puffing out his chest, Dawnfire stood defiantly in front of Knotspark, "Well, I feel safe. Not like you aren't creepily close to CreekClan territory!"

Then he remembered, hadn't Knotspark been sick when they parted? He realized this reunion might not last very long. He had heard little about the quarantined cats since they left and had no idea what was going on there. Dawnfire gazed Knotspark up and down. His brother certainly seemed healthy, but was it true? The Spore was known to strike cats that seemed totally healthy the day before.

"You've missed so much you know..." he grumbled and then began his usual ramble. He did not know where to start filling Knotspark in, or if he should ask about the quarantined cats' well-being first. "Are you still sick? You seem all better! How is everyone over there in GorgeClan land? Do you all get along? I hope you're getting enough food... hey wait if you're not sick, can you come home? Do you think?"

Despite the warnings from older cats, Dawnfire was no intellectual. He had little understanding of disease or how it spread, so he did not shy away from contact with Knotspark. Instead, he licked his brother's ears affectionately and sniffed him up and down for the Spore's musty scent. He did not find any, and therefore didn't think he needed to worry.

233 words

[attr="class","montag"]@tag

[newclass=.mon2 img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics2]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fafafa;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#fafafa;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
knotspark Avatar
knotspark
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 0:17:10 GMT
knotspark
i'll taste every moment and live it out-loud
[attr="class","bandittext"]Knotspark snorted at the way Dawnfire puffed out his chest and offered a defiant look. Part of him imagined him trying to give that same look to one of the leaders if they found out that he'd walked into the quarantine zone. They'd surely think he was insane if he tried to claim that he'd felt safe in the old GorgeClan territory if only to see his brother. But Knotspark remained happy and purring despite this fact. Truthfully, he'd never been a strong supporter of rules and regulations, so why start now?

The fluffy grey and white tom flicked his ears as the younger tom peppered him with questions. His ears fell slightly at the mention of home, and he looked down, shrugging his shoulders.

"For right now, no. I'm not sick, thank goodness. It's weird because it's always come in waves where you might get sick, feel fine for a few hours, days, or weeks, and you could either fall sick again or never catch it again. And the spells seem to last longer every time, if they come back at all." Scrunching his nose, the tom thought back to the wheezing in his chest and just how uncomfortable it'd made him. The deep cough, the painful wheezing, the way he felt like he couldn't catch his breath even though he was lying perfectly still.

"That's kind of why they're not sure when I can go home. Applecloud got to leave because Skywhisper had a dream she wasn't sick anymore. It kind of seems like that's the only way out." He said softly, sounding slightly concerned that he, a mere warrior of CreekClan, had to wait for StarClan to notice his existence and give him clearance to go home.

Though he quickly tried to crack a smile, shrugging his shoulders. "Oh yeah, no things are great." A lie, but he didn't want Dawnfire to go back and tell everyone just how scary it was over here. The prey was skinny at best, but the worst part was the honoring of the dead. There were mass graves, and the healthiest cats had to help dig them for every clan, and hold a vigil for the friends made here. His heart felt heavy thinking about it,

"How is OneClan? What is it like having all the cats of the forest gathered together?" He asked curiously. He'd been admittedly doubtful that the idea would work, especially since the clans had barely done much more than partner together, the very thought of everyone living together in harmony seemed laughable at best.

428 |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
May 10, 2020 2:42:28 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]Dawnfire was not very keen to lies. If Knotspark insisted that things were going great in quarantine, Dawnfire would ten hundred percent believe his words. He knew nothing of the sick cats or mass-graves. He did not quite understand why his brother could not come home if he was not sick, still. He would hate to hear Knotspark falling ill again, and would much rather prevent that.

"I don't know,"
Dawnfire shuffled his feet. Applecloud was a deputy, perhaps that made things different. They were in dire need of strong warriors and good leadership, so he had no doubt that was what StarClan had in mind. But Knotspark...

"Do you think I should ask Seawatcher if you can come back? I recovered from the Spore once and I haven't had it since! And you know how sick I get all the time! If they let me stay they ought to let you back, right?" even as he spoke, Dawnfire knew the CreekClan deputy would much rather chew him out for crossing quarantine borders, but maybe it was worth a try. It would be an understatement to say how much Dawnfire wanted his family back again, especially among the bustle of newcomers in CreekClan camp. It just didn't feel like home anymore.

"Well sounds like you guys are having a better time over there than here!"
he snorted at the mention of OneClan. Used to a small and close-knit family, Dawnfire certainly disliked their current living situation. Despite his usual personable demeanor, his interactions with other clans had so far only been unpleasant. "Believe me, no cat wants to feed the cats of other Clans. For StarClan's sake, I work so hard to catch those fish and frogs in the river, and then no cat from GorgeClan or MoorClan even want to eat it! Smells too fishy, they say. Well of course it smells fishy! It's fish!"

He glanced back at Knotspark after his random outburst. "You must miss fish, don't you? I don't think GorgeClan has many rivers for that."

345 words

[attr="class","montag"]@knotspark

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO

Quick Reply