overdose my mind with the things I love [tagged]

Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 23, 2020 4:59:42 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monlyrics2"]☼ D A W N F I R E
[attr="class","monbody2"]The Flooded Creek never changed. Its gurgling waters and dense greenery felt refreshing to Dawnfire's eyes. He had spent all day chasing rabbits and voles on the exposed moorland, vainly trying to catch some food that the other Clans would prefer over fish and frogs. He wanted to win the hearts of the other Clan cats despite their uneasy pasts. That was Dawnfire at his best, always trying to make friends.

But finally, in the late afternoon, he let himself have some time to relax at a peaceful place. Traveling toward old GorgeClan territory, he approached the water for a nice swim. To his dismay, there was already a cat near his familiar spot. He sighed and almost decided to leave, determined to find a more isolated spot.

But the cat was Featherpaw, he recognized, and his ears shot up straight in excitement. Grinning, and now a little more mature, he decided he would reapproach his childhood friend.

"Featherpaw!" he made sure to walk up before greeting her. The first time this happened, they had scared the fur out of each other and inexperienced Dawnpaw had gone for an unpleasant dip in the river. This was where we first met, Dawnfire thought to himself. And then his young and eager self had just insisted on becoming friends with her. She was alluring, and difficult to understand, but that made Dawnfire all the more excited to get to know her.

"Are you looking for feverfew again?" he joked, recalling their clumsy encounter moons and moons ago.

250 words

[attr="class","montag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#e6ae73;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon2 img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics2]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fafafa;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#fafafa;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Apr 24, 2020 5:50:35 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

Yay <3

Well, the approach may have been a little more considerate, but the greeting was no less loud and over-enthusiastic than it used to be. Featherpaw still found herself flinching just slightly at the volume of it, but she did not tuck herself away in fear. Instead, the molly flicked her plumed tail and glanced back toward the approaching tom with a smile, rather than the fearful expression she had once worn. She had to admit his enthusiasm was still going to take some time to get used to, but it felt nice not to be tiptoed around for once now that she was trying to push herself to be more confident. Sure, she did not want to be sparring left and right or anything, that was far from the kind of push she needed, but the boisterous energy of Dawnfire ought to be a good way to separate volume from anger the way she used to struggle with so greatly.

"Oh, um, hi Dawnp-fire." Her greeting was a lot softer and awkward, even still a little shy, but it was calmer and warmer than perhaps he may have expected. She even offered a little smile, not moving away or lowering herself as he approached. Her ears flicked slightly to catch his joke, and recognizing it as such, she gave a meager chuckle to his effort before she shook her head softly.

He sure had gotten big. Much more than she remembered, but them, she could hardly be surprised. He has been bigger than her then, too, and she was always going to be smaller than most cats. She did not mind, really. It used to make her feel intimidated...maybe sometimes it still did, but she was working on it. At least she could appreciate it now, they way she seemed less intimidating to those that needed her help, but might be much like she used to be. Littlebird had seemed a lot less scary once Featherpaw had gotten past her coloration and the accidental 'attack,' after all. At least Featherpaw was the last one to accidentally launch herself at a timid young cat. Not that she blamed Littlebird for the accident, of course.

"No, not this time," she offered, casting a glance to the spot just a few fox lengths away where she had been standing when she first met the tom. To think she could no longer set paw there...sure, it had never truly felt like home, but that did not mean Featherpaw didn't miss it all the same. She drew her gaze back to Dawnfire, offering a slightly awkward smile, as though perhaps he might think she were wasting her time by just relaxing. "I just wanted to stretch my paws for a little bit...guess I just ended up near..." Home. Was it home, though? Really, Featherpaw was not sure if she had ever really had one. It sure never felt like it, not really.

Registering the fact that he was a warrior, from the former Creekclan no less, and that he and his clanmates used to fish here, she set her ears back slightly and blinked. "Oh, were you going to hunt here? I can go...if you want. Flickerfrost is probably expecting me anyway..."
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 25, 2020 2:38:22 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]She wanted to go home. All this time, Dawnfire had been obsessed with the idea that his home was being taken over by other Clans. He felt estranged from all the new cats entering his CreekClan camp. He had been so lost in that train of thought that he had not realized how it must feel for the MoorClan and GorgeClan cats who had to leave their home behind entirely. It was a shocking realization, and Dawnfire paused and stared across the quarantined GorgeClan territory for a little.

"Oh, no, don't go! We just got here," Dawnfire's brain snapped back to the present as Featherpaw spoke again. "I wasn't hunting. Just stretching my paws as well. I've been hunting all day since there's so many mouths to feed now."

Featherpaw must have been busy, he figured. Medicine cats were crucial at a time like this and he had not been able to see her much at all. His gaze drifted over GorgeClan territory again, glad that he had his home and family intact. Suddenly, a question arose in his mind that he hadn't thought of before.

"Hey feathers, do you... have any family left? Where are your siblings and parents?"
it came out a rather insensitive question, really. Dawnfire realized it might cause a great deal of sadness if they had died of the Spore. However, he couldn't help being curious. He never saw Featherpaw with anyone except Flickerfrost these days. She did not seem to have fun with siblings the way Dawnfire always enjoyed doing. It didn't seem like any fussy parents guarded her either.

"Sorry, you don't have to answer,"
he bumbled, hoping she wouldn't be angry at him for his blunt question. "It's just... my family's always been a big part of my life. I rely on them a lot. They take care of me and look after me when I'm sick... but you don't... seem to have anyone."

327 words

[attr="class","montag"]

[newclass=.mon2 img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics2]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fafafa;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#fafafa;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Apr 25, 2020 6:08:49 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

Ya get what ya asked for ma dude, jeez so insensitive ;-;

Don't go? Featherpaw blinked, eyes snapping back to the tom as he hurriedly dismissed her offer to leave. He sure seemed eager for her to stay...yet then again, he had been like that before hadn't he? Last she recalled, he insisted they were friends before he even knew her name...not that she could really help but agree. He sure was friendly, she would give him that - and a lot less intimidating now that she was less skittish than when they had first met. It was nice to have someone actually excited by her company. Most seemed...reluctant, or just quietly accepting. Dawnfire was definitely a breath of fresh air for the young medicine cat.

"Alright, okay," she offered, a soft - though admittedly uncertain - little laugh bubbling up as Featherpaw sat herself down, tail wrapping over her paws to further prove her obedience to his request. "I will stay then." Maybe his enthusiasm could rub off on her a little...though she could never imagine herself nearly as bold as him. It might be nice to...lighten up a little, though. Many seemed to think so, anyway.

His next question, however, certainly did not do that intent any service. Flinching back, Featherpaw likely looked as though the tom had struck a blow heftier than just a question, and something between fear and sadness flickered in the small molly's eyes as she looked away again, back over her shoulder toward old Gorgeclan. The last place she had seen any of her family...

He was still prattling on, some kind of rambled apology and explanation, but Featherpaw did not quite catch the words that were said. After a moment, though, she willed herself to speak anyway. She was...working, on honesty. Of course he would want to know, seeing her alone all the time, and the way she reacted after they first met...its not like she had to tell him everything. Just answer the question, simply, that was all.

"N-no, I..." trailing off a little, the healer set her ears back and glanced down at her paws, sighing softly. "It was just me and my brother, Wolfpaw, but he...he was quarantined, an-and he-" Cutting off with a slightly choked noise, Featherpaw let her chest sink down to the grassy shore, paws tucking in close to her body as she squeezed her eyes shut. "H-he was all I had left but he...we couldn't save him..."
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 20:52:25 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]Despite his constantly happy demeanor, Dawnfire hated making people uncomfortable. The moment he saw Featherpaw's reaction to his question, he knew he'd gone down a forbidden road. Dawnfire's tail drooped. He felt like he had bothered Featherpaw too much again. Why was he like this? His siblings had told him before that he was keen to saying the wrong thing at the wrong times.

"I'm so sorry," he said quietly. He sat down next to her and wrapped his fuzzy tail around his paws. Dawnfire was not good at serious conversations. He more or less avoided them, trying to lighten everyone's mood and bring everyone back to the days where life consisted of fishing and sunning. Dawnfire sat in an awkward silence for a little. He thought about making a joke to lighten the mood, but somehow that seemed even more inappropriate.

"Hey," he gave Featherpaw a wary smile. "I'm sure Wolfpaw's proud of you though, from up there! You've saved so many more lives since. Doesn't StarClan visit a medicine cat's dreams sometimes?"

He flicked his tail up where the stars would be if it were nighttime. "I keep thinking I've been lucky. I have a huge family and most of them are alive... So I guess I wouldn't understand.... But uh, my parents told me though, that cats don't disappear when they die. We should celebrate the brief time we had with them."

238 words
but its not his real family ahhh

[attr="class","montag"]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Apr 27, 2020 4:44:55 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

Bab tryna lighten the mood

Oh dear. Here Featherpaw was being all sad on someone again, it always made things awkward. No to mention it upset those that actually seemed to care, to see her sad...but she could not help it. To think of Wolfpaw, gone now...it hurt. It really did. Sure, she had been afraid of him, once, but she never stopped loving him. Even then he was always there for her, the closest to a rock she ever had. He was the reason she was even alive at all, the reason she had made it to Gorgeclan and found herself a purpose to begin with.

His next words, softer than usual, drew her attention though, and Featherpaw realized the tom had settled beside her. Though part of her tensed for a moment, just slightly at the sudden proximity, after a moment the little molly allowed herself to lean slightly against him like she did with Wolfpaw whenever he sought to comfort her. It felt similar...somehow. Almost right. "Yeah," she murmured softly, a slight, saddened chuckle breaking through. "I don't think he would like it up there very much."

He went on. Really, he reminded her a bit of Littlebird, though there were few similarities between the two, so she was not entirely sure why. Maybe it was just the effort they both seemed to put into comforting her despite how little they knew each other. Cats don't disappear...she smiled softly at that, though it was still muted, and gave a gentle nod. "You're right...he wouldn't want me to be all sad..."

Trailing off, she let her mind wonder to the rest of what the tom had said, gaze drifting briefly back toward the territory they now lived in, the one in which the tom was raised. She could imagine him, a lively young kit, his mother probably a fluffy white queen struggling to tame her rowdy son but loving him all the same. It was a nice picture, really...one she had never known, but liked to imagine in the few instances she dreamed that Littlebird truly was her mother. "Say...what is your family like, Dawnfire?"
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 29, 2020 20:08:07 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]He used to think that CreekClan had bore the worst of Bonestar's rule. Dawnfire's family had always hated on GorgeClan, believing that the scattering of a Clan was the worst that could have happened. But somehow, perhaps with luck or with fate, his family had stayed together. Obviously, Dawnfire remembered none of this, but it didn't mean he could not appreciate it.

"I don't know how StarClan works," he admitted with a chuckle. "But I wish I'd met your brother. I've always been one for celebrating the cat's life rather than being sad about their deaths, you know?"

At the question of his own family, Dawnfire wanted to brag about it as all sunshine and rainbows. He had always loved them, and they had always loved him. However, he was not too sure how much to tell Featherpaw. He didn't want to make her feel like her family had not been good enough.

"My family... we're the lucky ones,"
he began solemnly. "After the whole Bonestar thing I really thought my family had it hard, but now looking at it, I'm glad we're all still together. I have two older siblings, Jasminepetal and Hemlockbite, and two from my litter, Knotspark and Blizzardberry."

"I don't remember too much from when I was a kit because I was always sick, but I always knew it was kind of funny. I look very different from the rest of my family! My mother said I was 'kissed by the sun' when I was a kit but I don't remember any of that."

He gave a merry laugh after his ramble and glanced over at the gray medicine cat. "Say feathers, you might as well but family for putting up with me this long!"

294 words

[attr="class","montag"]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
May 1, 2020 4:05:25 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

What a bean

"I don't think anyone does..." Featherpaw sighed softly, though she did not sound upset by the thought. No, there was a sense of awe and fascination to it, and a gentle acceptance of the fact she did not need to understand, not really. "We are just here to listen and remember...I'm okay with that." A gentle smile dawned at the thought, and the young molly peered up toward the sky as though she could see the stars beyond the endless cloudy blue of daytime.

Of course, she couldn't, but part of her still seemed convinced it could feel them.

Lucky ones? Featherpaw pricked her ears, turning her gaze to the tom. She did not doubt that, really. For how much she had heard and how much Creekclan had hated Gorgeclan, still did in ways, she had no doubt that many families fell apart to Bonestar's reign. To be chased from your home, savaged beyond repair for no reason other than greed...Featherpaw could not let herself dwell on that thought. It brought with it too many memories. After all, she existed as a result of that demonic tom, and she knew it with everything her mother dealt her.

His family sounded so nice, and the way they cared for him while he was sick, cherished him despite his differences...her eyes shimmered sadly at the thought, a vague, blurry memory of another sun-kissed, sickly tom rising to her mind. She bit it back, though not without the pain and sadness simmering to the surface, ears flattening to her skull as she did her best to force it away.

By the time she settled her thoughts back to the conversation at present, she had no words to respond with. Not until he offered one of his bright, happy laughs and turned his head toward her, leaving Featherpaw scrabbling to pull herself back together with her own sad little laugh. "Well I suppose that wouldn't be so bad, you already..." Trailing off slightly, another image of that frail, fallen kit struck her mind, and she shook it away hurriedly, gaze snapping down to the water as a distraction.

"Do you think that everyone joins Starclan? Even...those that died outside of the clans?" Her voice was a little meek at the question, and though she was older now...she sounded like a stricken youth once more, not like the medicine cat she was who spoke with the stars each moon. She had not seen the two snowy pelts in Starclan since she joined...not the one she hoped for nor that one she feared to see.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 2:13:23 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]Dawnfire tilted his head to one side curiously. He had always assumed medicine cats knew everything about StarClan - how they worked and where they were. He had assumed that as a young warrior, he was simply too naive to understand it all yet. It seemed Featherpaw did not know all this either, much to his surprise.

"I'm not as okay with that,"
Dawnfire admitted, raising his head toward the sky even though it was the afternoon and Silverpelt was nowhere to be seen. "I don't see why StarClan can't send us a sign that they're watching, amid all this. Surely this has been a greater disaster than the Clans have experienced before? We even had to merge into OneClan."

At Featherpaw's next question, Dawnfire grew silent for once. If not StarClan, then where did loners and rogues get their hope? Where did the spirits of those cats go after death? He tried to remember hard back to when the old Jaysong was alive. Jaysong had mentioned something of this before, but he couldn't quite remember from his young kit days. He squinted, thinking hard, what was it again?

"I always thought everyone joined StarClan. It makes me less afraid of dying, knowing I get to see my loved ones there again," Dawnfire began, watching Featherpaw carefully. For his whole life, he had stayed within the Clans. But Featherpaw had certainly sparked an interesting question: if a friend did not believe in StarClan, would Dawnfire never reunite with them in StarClan? The thought of it brought chills down his back. Did Featherpaw experience something like that? "Do you know someone who died outside the Clans? I don't really know anyone who has..."

"I do kind of know one thing though... When I was really young, the late Jaysong told me something about different ancestors. Maybe some cats have those? He even said if you were evil enough like Bonestar you went to a dark, dark place instead of StarClan after you died."

328 words

[attr="class","montag"]@tag

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 7:19:30 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

Despite the lack of stars, Featherpaw found her gaze naturally following Dawnfire's toward the sky. Despite not seeing them, Featherpaw cause still imagine them up there, still feel them, and it soothed her slightly to know that they were always watching over them. It was that which saw her blinking in surprise, to her Dawnfire doubting this, though she did not seek to argue him. Some had a harder time believing than others, and considering the situation...well, it was a lot harder to find faith now than it used to be, and this was hardly Creekclan's first blow.

"The fact that we came together, I think, is proof that they are watching," Featherpaw murmured gently, eyes sparking with a warm kind of open faith she had never had before Starclan. "Even if we don't know it, Starclan is always guiding us somehow...we may not know exactly what they are thinking, but we know that they care."

Lowering her gaze, Featherpaw smiled softly toward the sun-kissed tom. "I don't think I can tell you what they have shown me...but know that they have never stopped watching out for us. They care just as much about finding a solution to this as we do...they just have to approach it differently from up there." Perhaps there was a reason they could not give the answers quite so directly, maybe even they did not know them quite yet...but Featherpaw had faith they truly did all they could for them. She had to.

Sighing softly as she tried to recollect herself, Featherpaw offered the tom a slow nod. She was attempting to gather her whirlwind thoughts as the tom spoke, his words sinking into her. However, while she knew he was trying to make her feel better...it was not until his questions that she brought herself to speak again. "I was...not born in the clans, like you were. Me and my brother made it here and became apprentices...but he was not my only brother. I don't remember the other well...he died of sickness when he was a kit, I don't....I don't think he even got a name..."

Trailing off sadly, the molly let silence hang for a moment. Different ancestors? The thought gave a little niggling of hope, but not much. "I hope he is with someone...where he ended up, I just- I hope he is not with her." The last part was murmured a lot quietly, more to herself than anything as she continued to stare into the water, mention of Bonestar bringing another white pelt she never wished to see again into her mind. "I think she went there...that dark place..."
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 22:22:24 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]Fluffy ginger fur puffed outward as Dawnfire let loose a warm giggle. Since the day they met, he had been intrigued by this timid medicine cat apprentice from another Clan. He had showered her with compliments and jokes, all of which she appeared to reply either warily or seriously. Dawnfire didn't exactly enjoy a one-sided friendship, but perhaps it was not as one-sided as he had thought. "So you think StarClan thought it was fitting the two of us ended up in OneClan after all? I mean, I think that's a mighty fine solution if there is one!"

He wasn't exactly an overly insightful or philosophical tom. His world consisted of himself and those he cared about, so naturally, StarClan was the one that guided their paws and allowed them to be together. However, Featherpaw's next question slightly disturbed. She seemed to think about this sort of stuff a lot, which Dawnfire couldn't help but find unhealthy. One cat should never bear the burden of contemplating afterlife alone. With the his mood rather light, Dawnfire thought to share with Featherpaw something he had not shared before.

"Oh, Feathers. Who cares where we were born?" he rolled his eyes and gave a small scoff, followed by a wry smile. Perhaps it was also the first time Dawnfire truly voiced this thought, although he was sure all his siblings had thought about it long ago. "You don't actually believe I was actually kissed by the sun right? That's some kit's story. I'm much too old to believe that now."

"The rest of my family is as white as fresh snow. It couldn't be more obvious that I'm not my parent's real son. I don't know where I spent the first few moons of my life, but it doesn't really matter to me. At the time, CreekClan was so small and weak, they took in a lot of outsiders anyway. What matters is, my CreekClan family all care deeply for me - the fact that they never speak of this is proof - and I'm going to do them a favor too and never doubt my heritage."

"I'm sure that if CreekClan felt that way,"
he turned his fierce blue eyes back to Featherpaw and continued with confidence, "then StarClan would be similar too. They wouldn't have a problem taking in your brother. He didn't die outside the Clans, you know. He was connected to you! As family! Cats are born good. Kits are so pure. There's no way he would end up in a dark place like that. StarClan would swoop him up in an instant."

Dawnfire gave a huff, unsure where his ramble of words came from. He groomed his paws self-consciously after his monologue. If there was one thing that Dawnfire would defend without a doubt, it was the idea of love and family. Hopefully he didn't overwhelm Featherpaw with another extraneous outburst.

487 words

[attr="class","montag"]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
May 14, 2020 6:51:27 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FEATHERPAW

While the tom did not quite seem to register exactly the fact she was referring to the clans as a whole coming together, she not not mind the fact that her answer seemed to please him all the same. His question was indeed an interesting one...but she supposed it was hardly one she was against. He really did seem intent on filling a little bit of that hole he had never known was even there until now...perhaps Starclan really had known she needed that. "Maybe..." she murmured softly, allowing a slight smile to touch her maw at the thought. "I don't think they see borders quite like warriors do, either...I believe they care for all of us equally."

The tom scoffed out his next words, and she blinked toward him. It was true, she supposed - it hardly mattered to her where others came from, she would treat them all regardless. However...it was not so much where was was born, but to whom, that stayed so heavily on her mind. It was a hard burden to be rid of, truly. One she figured would always be there, as long as she was. With how he took her wondering thoughts...it was not a thing she was prepared to voice to the tom at her side, even if she figured he only meant the best. Instead, she kept herself silent as he rambled on.

As his words sunk in and he finally concluded them with a huff, Featherpaw tried to will herself some reassurance from them. It was there, niggling at her mind, but it was hard to grasp. She offered the tom an appreciative smile all the same, warmed slightly by his insistence that her brother was safe and accepted among the stars. Both of them...just like they deserved. "Thank you, Dawnfire," she mewed gently, and though there was still a sadness to her eyes, it was almost swamped by warmth and appreciation. She could believe it, if she let herself, and Dawnfire was certainly insistent enough for the both of them. Might her brother have been anything like him? Or would he had been more like her, or Wolfpaw...perhaps it was a question better left unasked.

"Me and my siblings looked nothing like our...our mother, either...but she would not have taken us, were we not hers..." she offered, hoping to hand him a little bit more peace of mind in return - not that she figured her needed it, though. He always seemed so bright and certain of the good he saw in the world around him...it took Featherpaw a long time to start seeing it too. How would the world look through his eyes? Despite her aim to give him connection to his Creekclan heritage...her mind wandered as it often did, and with him, it seemed so easy to simply let those thoughts flow into the air between them. "You look just like him, you know..." The words were more to herself than anything, but in her mind she could picture the sickly little tom from her past, and the resemblance made her heart ache just slightly.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Jun 17, 2020 3:10:32 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]Just like him? That was high praise to Dawnfire, even if the description was a kit. Despite his constant pestering of Featherpaw, he actually quite looked up to her. Featherpaw served her Clan with such vigor despite her shy outward demeannor. Dawnfire himself was a rather awkward tom. He understood little about boundaries and traditions, investing instead in his family and his surroundings.

Or perhaps he was just a bit of a simpleton. He took things at face value and hardly cared to question them. His own appearance, of course, was one of those things.

"I look like him? Me? I don't look anything like you!" Dawnfire tipped his head to one side and then gave a small playful tease. "But maybe that's why you still talk to me even though I'm so annoying!"

He admittedly seemed to ramble at the poor molly too often. Despite his self-deprecating comment, he genuinely thought she had warmed up to him a little bit. Perhaps in his rambling, Dawnfire had tried to convince Featherpaw as much as he wanted to convince himself that the stars were there. The Clanmates he had lost in the past few moons of the Spore haunted him. No one could be sure, after all, where cats went when they died. If a medicine cat herself doubted it, where would that leave Dawnfire?

"It's getting a lil' late, feathers," Dawnfire stood up and glanced back in the direction of the camp. He changed the subject as though he knew further questioning would only lead to his self-doubt. "Ready to go home?"

In his heart, he could only wish that he could, somehow and someday, become StarClan's replacement for Featherpaw's brother. The gray she had always intrigued him, and he was determined to help her find something akin to family.

278 words

[attr="class","montag"]@tag

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO

Quick Reply