Spacious moors? I think not [TAGGED]

Lotusflower Avatar
Lotusflower
Oneclan
Apr 22, 2020 4:37:25 GMT

lotusflower

The moors were spacious - the grass was tall, swaying from side to side as a gentle breeze rolled through the territory. Rabbits would hop past. As their beady eyes glinted onto a feline, they would speed away, running into the long grass as fast as their little legs could carry them. But, alas, this was not the moors.

Lotusflower opened her eyes in disappointment. A small sigh came from the feline as she took in the sights around her. A creek situtated in the middle, a large body of water extending up onto the land. Clusters of flowering rush and algae covered rocks scattered the edges of the creek. It was somewhat ugly; although the flowering plants and pickerelweed were pretty among the marsh.

The feline stretched her body, lowering her paws to the ground and arching her back. The stretch felt satisfying as it pulled all the right muscles. She sat down on a moss-free rock; surprised to have even found one and curled her feathering tail around her body. The merge had changed a lot in her eyes, but the common goal was still clear - defeat the Spore.

Lotusflower lowered her head down to her paws and gazed out to the creek, watching the water. It did not seem to shift all that much, nor did it flow. It was just.. Stagnant. The warrior frowned slightly, wondering if that were right for water. She concluded it would make for poor swimming water...

/ ?

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Hetero
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Egrethowl Avatar
Egrethowl
Oneclan
Apr 23, 2020 21:06:18 GMT
[attr="class","khally1"]

egrethowl

[attr="class","khally3"]A lanky figure emerged from the undergrowth, his silvery patterned fur appearing much darker than usual due to the absence of sun. Egrethowl frowned steadily as his paws quickly became damp as he padded through the marshy lands. Egrethowl did not like water much at all, but it seemed wherever he went in this Starclan forsaken land, there was water. Egrethowl rather missed his home-land; Gorgeclan. There was just less water all round, making it by far more ideal.

Egrethowl grimaced again as he took a step, causing a loud squelching sound. How can one be stealthy and quiet in this?! The tom had sensed another close by and had decided not to disturb her. Egrethowl usually opted for grand entrances but due to the merge, he was on extra high alert and was intentionally trying to be on his best behavior.

The slender tom approached the edge of the creek and gazed into the murky waters. It looked disgusting. Egrethowl had heard some waters were crystalline, pure and bright. True gems of the forest. But, what he saw was far from that. He was tempted to try his paw at fishing; deciding he should make an effort to catch fish as rabbits and birds were by far scarcer. But, he simply couldn't dare place his silvery paws in the muck. Perhaps he could try catching a bird or a rat or...Literally anything else. The male lifted his head and stared into the distance, his ears swiveling to detect nearby sounds. There must be something else nearby...Surely..

[attr="class","khally"] | words

[newclass=".khally"]background-color:#214724;[/newclass][newclass=".khally1"]border-top:200px solid #214724;[/newclass][newclass=".khally3 b"]color:#214724;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
Male
He
Bi
Warrior
Khal
Lotusflower Avatar
Lotusflower
Oneclan
Apr 24, 2020 2:13:26 GMT

lotusflower

The warrior had closed her eyes gently; lulling herself into a gentle doze when suddenly she flicked an ear, hearing the faintest sound of another. The other was indeed quiet, but Lotusflower had not been able to fully relax since the merge. Despite the agreed peace, she still kept herself on guard.

Opening her bright eyes, they landed on a very skinny and unusual looking tom. The tom seemed to be observing the waters. The ones she thought to be stagnant and unappealing, especially for swimming. Lotusflower held her tongue until she noted a slight grimance with the other. A smile curved across her features. He must be from Gorgeclan. Or, what was Gorgeclan, she thought.

"Not the best of waterholes, huh?" she called. The warrior lifted herself up steadily into a sitting position. Lotusflower could not really rest, not with someone else present. Perhaps she might as well make the most of her new found company. "I'm Lotusflower..Formerly from MoorClan," she said as she introduced herself. The skinny male was familiar, but she could not place his name. Eelheart...Eelhowl...Silverheart..No, no... Heronhowl? She pressed her maw closed and shook her head steadily, "Sorry. I cannot remember your name," she said; politely. The she-cat casually twitched the end of her tail before suddenly gasping, "Oh! Egrethowl, it is, isn't it?"

It was tough business trying to recall everyone's names. So many new faces, so many new smells. The merge had been underway for a moon or so now, but it still hadn't helped Lotusflower adjust to all of the new names and faces.

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Hetero
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Egrethowl Avatar
Egrethowl
Oneclan
Apr 25, 2020 22:17:18 GMT
[attr="class","khally1"]

egrethowl

[attr="class","khally3"]

The call of the other caused the tom to jerk his head upwards and slide his olive green gaze across to her. A pleasing feline with thick, downy fur; silver and white in colour. The she-cat introduced herself; automatically the tom tensed his shoulders, feeling a warily sensation. But, after a moment he dropped his shoulders back down, releasing the tension. We're OneClan now, he reminded himself.

"Sorry, old habits die hard," he said, feeling a little embarrassed about his knee-jerk reaction. "But yes, I am Egrethowl. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lotusflower," he said. Egrethowl was polite, although his voice was a little rough and husky.

The male was far from offended that the she-cat couldn't recall his name. He understood that times were tough, especially with the merge. The clans had been ingrained into one train of thought, now the culture of that was broken and the three were to become one. A sly smirk sprawled across his features though. Despite his lack of offence, he wanted to test the waters, "Maybe I'm less memorable than I thought. Maybe this encounter will change that," he said mischievously.

The tom was joking but of course, although his true colours were steadily starting to seep through. Egrethowl was a little bit of a playful warrior; enjoying teasing and good banter. He was sarcastic and flirtatious when he wanted to be as well. But, it was all just good, harmless fun.

"Would you like to join me for a hunt? I was hoping to try and catch something a little less...Fishy," he explained as he peered back to the murky, stagnant water. A slight frown creased across his expression as he looked back to Lotusflower. A former Moorclan warrior would understand, surely.

[newclass=".khally"]background-color:#214724;[/newclass][newclass=".khally1"]border-top:200px solid #214724;[/newclass][newclass=".khally3 b"]color:#214724;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
Male
He
Bi
Warrior
Khal
Lotusflower Avatar
Lotusflower
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 4:25:31 GMT

lotusflower

Lotusflower raised a brow at the male, amused at his sudden reaction. "I guess it's a challenge for everyone," she said with a small, respecting nod. Lotusflower was unsure why he was so surprised; she wasn't exactly trying to scare him. But, she let the thought go. Things were hard enough as they were without warriors picking each other apart. At his warm introduction, she bowed her head kindly. It was a pleasure to meet a new face, really. Lotusflower had been keeping much to herself and her former Moorclan kin. But, with the borders blurred and the clan as one...More opportunities for new friendships. But, she couldn't help but feel a little lost for words around the other clan cats.

Egrethowl's wit made the she-cat a little more comfortable, rousing her mind with topics for conversation. The male seemed easier to speak to than most others. Perhaps he too understood how tough it all was. Perhaps that was what was helping move the conversation forward and 'break the ice' so to speak. "Maybe it will...Maybe it won't...Guess it depends on how well you hunt, huh?" She replied smoothly. It wasn't that the tom was not memorable, but she saw the lingering smile on his face and she had known that he captured that. "Something less fishy sounds great..So, since it obviously isn't fish. What is your favorite prey?"

WORDS ● ● sorry it's butts. i lost motivation cuz tired
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Hetero
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Egrethowl Avatar
Egrethowl
Oneclan
May 9, 2020 22:43:40 GMT
[attr="class","khally3"]

A slow exhale came from the skinny feline; he really did wish the clans would be separate yet again. But, it seemed like it was all only just beginning. The she-cat's banter seemed to break the ice though, or help anyway. She seemed to be friendly enough and it was admittedly rather refreshing to see some kindness between the clans; albeit unnatural.

"My favorite prey is probably..You know, I don't think I have one," he said after a few moments of pondering. Egrethowl was really not a tom that was fussy. He liked most species of bird and even the occasional rabbit, but as for a specific favorite? None seemed to come to mind. "Any type of bird would probably make me happy," he explained.

Egrethowl twitched his long white whiskers as he flicked his thin tail back and forth in contentment. "What about you? Do you have a favorite?" The tom sniffed the air, gradually parting his jaws. There were many scents around. Some distant, some by far closer. The strongest was the scent of Lotusflower; the lingering perfume of Moorclan still on her long pelt. The tom began to pad downwind slightly, heading in the direction of the most scents; although he could not detect a specific bird or rabbit, not yet.

[/div][/div][/div]

PEBBLES
Male
He
Bi
Warrior
Khal
Lotusflower Avatar
Lotusflower
Oneclan
May 14, 2020 2:15:06 GMT

lotusflower

A butterfly flew overhead; capturing the warrior's sun hues. The delicate wings of the butterfly worked quickly, flapping in the gentle breeze. The dark orange and black pattern resembled a tiger. The insect hovered above the silvery she-cat briefly before sloping upwards and fluttering away. Beautiful, she thought, as she lowered her attention back down to the slender gray male.

"You don't have a favorite? Guess you're not too picky then," she said as she poked her nose in the direction of the murky waters. "Maybe some slippery fish for you then," she teased, releasing a stifled laugh. Lotusflower didn't hate fish, but it definitely wasn't her favorite. Fish weren't easy to eat. Their slipperiness made the she-cat ever so slightly uncomfortable. And the smell? She exhaled slowly, frowning at the very thought of their tangy fumes.

As the fellow warrior began to prepare himself for a hunt. Lotusflower tailed after him, her jaws parted likewise too. A gentle smile came to her maw as she studied the skinny warrior. Egrethowl was rather unique looking, she thought. He had fairly bigish ears and a pointed maw, but he really seemed to suit the exotic look, she decided. The long body and in particular skinny legs, must make for excellent stealth and agility. "My favorite prey is rabbits," she said confidently. There was no question about her favorite prey. Not at all.

Lotusflower batted her big eyes towards the slender male, an almost playful look came to her maw. "How about...We make this hunt interesting.." Lotusflower seemed vague, her long ploomy tail whisked back and forth.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Hetero
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Egrethowl Avatar
Egrethowl
Oneclan
May 15, 2020 1:53:15 GMT
[attr="class","khally1"]

egrethowl

[attr="class","khally3"]

As the fleecy she-cat teased him about the taste of fish, he couldn't help but smile gradually. Perhaps this Moorclan feline wasn't as bad as he had initially assumed. She managed to captivate his interest with her cheeky banter, her big eyes and good humor. It was rare that Egrethowl found someone who managed to hold his attention. Egrethowl was a sarcastic warrior himself; his words seemingly more oily than most, but he had tried to hold his tongue with the merge. The merge had meant best behavior and given GorgeClan's somewhat negative history, he had thought it was best to keep silent. This she-cat seemed to be able to handle his slight bantering though and seemed to regurgitate her own mischievously laced phrases.

The agile tom lifted a paw up to his paw and swiped his tongue across it several times before drawing it across his ivory whiskers. In between swipes of his dark tongue, he pulled grossed out faces as Lotusflower claimed he could have some fish. "Pfftt," he muttered, "I'd almost rather eat anything else," he joked. Egrethowl knew that while prey was scarce, he couldn't afford to be too picky. It seemed that the feathered she-cat too, disliked the smell and taste of CreekClan's favorite prey. It was a shame they were stuck in their territory. "I bet you're missing the moors, the open spaces and that chase for that kill," he said. Egrethowl knew sparse information about rabbits and how to hunt them, but he had heard the chase was what made them the most different to hunt.

Egrethowl's brow raised curiously as the she-cat flirtatiously made eyes towards him. Egrethowl leaned forward, only too curious to hear more. Lotusflower was beautiful. Stunning in more ways than one. Not only was she captivating in personality, but appearance too. Egrethowl decided to let his true self be revealed. It only seemed fair. "As if things weren't interesting enough," he said lowly, his voice rather husky, his green eyes not daring to shift from the warrior. The smile on his expression demonstrated he was being playful, his eyes glinting with intrigue, "but, I am listening."

PEBBLES
Male
He
Bi
Warrior
Khal
Lotusflower Avatar
Lotusflower
Oneclan
May 22, 2020 0:03:42 GMT
"Ha!" She snorted as the skinny male protested the idea of fish. She didn't blame him though. It was definitely not the best prey around..The she-cat flicked her feathered tail back and forth, listening as the tom commented on the moors.

It was indeed true. Lotusflower missed the moors where she could truly stretch her legs and run, feel the flow of wind in her fur. A smile came to her expression as she imagined the wide, open fields and stretches of endless grass. "I sure do," she said, nodding in agreement. She twitched her tail again, her mind shifting to GorgeClan territory.

The past of GorgeClan and the mistakes they had made glossed over the she-cat's mind. They held no importance to her now. They had new leaders, change was evident in the clan. She saw no reason to hold that against them. But, her mind ventured further discovering trees and large oaks. "Do you miss home too? The trees?" She asked. Although she knew little of Gorge's territory, she knew the warriors loved their trees and were adept at climbing.

Lotusflower's ears shot up in excitement as Egrethowl lured himself into her plan. He seemed to lean in, his voice low yet curious.

The she-cat twitched one ear, her coy smile growing by the minute. "How about a friendly little competition? The first one to catch prey," she said. Lotusflower felt a loud, thunderous purr in the back of her throat as she touched the tip of her tail to the agile tom's shoulder.

"If I win, you must declare that I, Lotusflower, am a much better hunter than you." Lotusflower was being playful, but she knew most warriors did not like admitting there were others better than they. Especially as they were both technically from opposing clans.

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Hetero
Warrior
PERCEPTION

Quick Reply