the ruins [ tagged ]

wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 2:56:02 GMT
wavestep
i've been by myself all by myself all night long,
hoping you're someone i used to know
[attr="class","bandittext"]As spring slowly slid existence, there was a buzz in the air. Of the mated she-cats, there were few who had never received the grace of kits - and none that had waited as diligently as Fawnspots. In the last couple of weeks, her stomach had swollen enough to show the kits that she was growing and it had lead to him slowly avoiding her more and more. Spending less time at her side, spending more time hunting and amid the company of other, younger, non-pregnant felines. There was something about watching his mate's slender body transform as she bore his spawn that made him feel less and less attached to her. Every day, he found it harder to look her way, though he played the role as best as his abilities would allow. Dropping of prey for her, sitting at her side each night - though he'd noticed long ago that she'd stopped talking as freely. It was about the same time the kits arrived.

After her outburst, after she demanded he give her kits or she leave. That damned ultimatum. Those damned kits. They'd ruined everything for the happy couple. Wavestep had once been able to keep her silent and obedient at his side, and it made him feel confident to know that no matter where he went, no matter what he did, she'd always be there. And lately, as he settled into his nest each night - sometimes at her side and other times out in the territory - claiming to be lost in the new land - he couldn't help but hate those kits for bringing this tragedy upon him.

He'd decided that evening that he'd sleep at her side, tough it out for one night and avoid the glares of his clan mates as he returned the next morning, wondering just where and with whom he'd spent the night with this time. Blizzardberry was turning out to be wonderful company, though she was so delicate. So quiet and soft spoken that he thought even Fawnspots could bully her - and that was saying something. Clearing his mind, he stopped at the kill pile for a single, plump mouse. It would do well for his queen, and he hoped a peace offering would get him further tonight. He loved her, in his own sick and twisted way. He just wanted her to be normal again. He didn't want these damned kits and had prayed to the stars above that she was barren in hopes of freeing himself from the burden of siring her litter.

Was it a terrible thing to wish? He didn't think so. After all, Wavestep knew he would be a terrible father. History had a nasty way of repeating itself.

As he walked carefully into the warrior's den, he picked out the familiar pelt that made his chest swell with pride every time he saw her. Though that feeling quickly faded as she turned to swipe a lick over her swelling belly and his smile faltered. He was thankful the mouse clamped in his jaws hid that slip up, careful to rehearse his night. He wouldn't have to stay awake long, he just needed to cuddle up to her back and grunt a few times as she told him about her day if today was even one of the days Fawnspots was speaking to him. It felt like every day he saw her, her moods changed and he was tired of the whiplash.

"Hello, love." He grunted through the fur of the mouse as he laid it between her paws, leaning forward to give a soft bump of his head to her cheek. He was damp from the Sodden Marshes, he'd been hunting most of the afternoon with a patrol and his paws ached and felt tired, but he did his best to provide her with a smile. "You... look lovely." He nearly stumbled over his words, though he hoped it would come off more genuine as he looked over her pelt and swollen stomach before back to her face. "How was your day?"

680 |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#7c732a;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
fawnspots Avatar
fawnspots
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 19:57:19 GMT
fawnspots

[attr="class","jelly1"]She had finally gotten her dream come true.

Or she was at least on her way to having her dream fulfilled. But some part of her worried that something could still go wrong. That he could still sabotage this wonderful moment. Part of her wasn’t sure why he was still around... or why she was. She had begged and pleaded for kits of their own. And when others showed up, clearly his and some other shes, Fawnspots did the only rational thing she could think of. 

Demand kits. 

And in some twisted ending, he had agreed. Perhaps it was her ultimatum. But she couldn’t imagine him being truly scared to lose her. After all, he had his many other shecats available to him? She didn’t even want to truly know. And with all clans combined....she squeezed her eyes shut at the thought. The spotted molly really should just leave. But now, with kits in her future. She couldn’t. They needed a home, and a family...even if their family was just her. 

Sighing softly the molly attempted to relax. Her day had been uneventful physically, but mentally each day seemed to be more challenging than the last. Whether it was the looks from others, or perhaps the lack her mates presence she wasn’t sure of. By now she had easily noticed his disappearing act. As she grew, he made himself less and less available. But he was vain, he found the pretty young things and introduced himself. And as her belly grew and her heart began to make room for more, she lost the ‘pretty young thing’ quality in her mates eyes. 

Her stomach gave a rumble, signaling the she that yet again, she was needing a meal. But as she prepared herself to go find a bite of prey, her ears caught the noise of another and her nose signaled her mate approaching. Her eyes glanced up as he spoke, and she noted the mouse. At least he had the sense to bring her some sort of peace offering. She looked lovely? It took willpower to hold a soft snort back, she knew better than to believe that. Or could he actually be genuinely complimenting her changing form? 

“I’m fine. My day was fine. How are your kits?” She spoke softly, not caring much if the words were offensive. What could he honestly do with others surrounding them? She pulled the mouse close quickly, scared he might tear it from her grips after hearing the words that came from her grip. A quick bite was taken before she sunk her claws into the ball of flesh and fur. 

[newclass=".jelly1 b"]color:#772868;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
Molly
Hetero
Jelly
wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
May 7, 2020 7:05:44 GMT
wavestep
i've been by myself all by myself all night long,
hoping you're someone i used to know
[attr="class","bandittext"]Wavestep sat behind the she-cat's back, gently pressing himself there where he could at least pretend that she was not expanding in size if he didn't look down at her belly. She was short today, something he wasn't used to, but he knew that it'd take time for her to trust him again. Especially after the appearance of that demon's spawn. She'd been a mistake, he'd sworn that to Fawnspots, begged her not to leave. And as foolish as it was, he didn't want to lose her. He loved her. Or at least, that was what he called it. Maybe it wasn't love. Obsession? It was hard to pinpoint.

Part of him wanted to say these things, to remind her that he'd never stayed by the side of a pregnant she-cat before. That as bitter as she was with him, him staying at all proved just how much she meant to him. Just how much he feared losing her, but the argument died on his lips. It would only anger her, though maybe if he could anger her a little... stress wasn't good for babies.

He sighed heavily, rasping his tongue gently between her ears as she sank her claws into the mouse he'd brought her and ripped into it. "Why do you bring them up?" He asked, his voice strained before he continued. "I've apologized, a hundred times. It was a mistake, a stupid, stupid mistake. I'd give anything to take it back, for them to not be here right now." He didn't dare say what he truly thought, that he wished they'd died with Midnight. Fawnspots wasn't as cold as he was, not even to those kits. "Besides, I'm here, with you. You're having m-our kits. And I know I've made a lot of mistakes, and I've never been the best mate. But I'm here. I'm willing to do this with you." He spoke in a hushed voice, laying his head softly against the top of hers and closing his eyes momentarily, a soft purr sounding from the tom.

By the stars, he wanted to be anywhere but here right now. Consoling an irrational she-cat definitely wasn't something he'd wanted to be doing right now. Sighing softly he lifted himself once more and looked down at her as she ate. "When will you forgive me for my stupidity? Or are you going to hold it against me forever? Because I can't... I don't want to fight with you every day and have to prove over and over that you're the one I want to be with. These... kits need their parents. And I want to be there for them." The words rolled off his tongue so easily, though Wavestep held no desire to be close to these kits, only the she-cat that bore them. He hoped that once they were born, they'd be able to find a way to get past this. That they could work on them. That she'd forget about the wriggling little balls of fur and turn her attention back to him once she saw how much he was willing to put aside for her.

520 |

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#7c732a;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply