Broken Silence [Open]

Palilaflame Avatar
Palilaflame
Oneclan
Apr 19, 2020 6:16:16 GMT

Palilaflame

Warrior of OneClan

Palilaflame decided to get out of the camp as she got overwhelmed by the cats' presences. It had been less than a moon ago since she fled the barn, where she lived. The area did have some felines, but the clans were much larger. Even more so now that they were combined. A good thing was that she didn't have to go around thinking about which clan to join. On the other paw, conversations were rather awkward. Whenever clan traditions came up, she didn't have much to offer. After all, she was an outclanner. Some other things shocked her: the warrior code and rules. Specifically, how tight-knit the clan cats were rather than the barn cats. In the abandoned farm, cats pretty much fended for themselves and took care of their own families. However, when danger came, they would band together. Their ranks weren't clear either. There wasn't a set leader, deputy, or medicine cat. What really made her a bit uncomfortable about living in a clan was how there was a subtle pressure to get to know clanmates. 

Being someone who stuck to herself, it irritated her to have someone infringing on her lone time. Especially those that would talk too much and asked too many questions. She didn't necessarily like it when cats made too much of an effort to get to know her. Palilaflame figured that if she didn't give space for any vulnerability, she would less likely to get hurt. The cats at her old home were nasty to her (except her adoptive parents). Nothing she did help. Over time, she developed a hard shell, and that was the thing that kept her strong. What does one do when something works? Go the opposite route? No. Why join a clan? One might ask. Well, her adoptive father made her promise him that she would. Being one of the best cats she ever met, she was honored to uphold his request. 

The sound of rustling leaves caused her mind to shift to the present. She whipped her head around, narrowing her eyes. Her claws unsheathed as if it was waiting to slash any attacker. All clear, she thought. The Somali looked ahead again and padded over to the stones. Adeptly, she navigated along the rocks, locating her favorite spot. She liked the middle because it made it easier for her to detect possible threats behind her. It was also close enough to get back to land if something happened. The sun also seemed to love it as well. No trees were there to cover that spot. Palilaflame lowered her body and stretched her long legs out. One of her paws touched the water and continued to swish it. A low purr came from her throat as she enjoyed the comfort while it lasted. 

Tagged: Anyone can join. :3 FYI, my rping is a litttlle rusty. 

Made by Chassity

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
She/her
Demisexual--hetero
Warrior
Dunepaw
Chassity
Larkspurpaw Avatar
Larkspurpaw
Oneclan
Apr 19, 2020 6:50:09 GMT

Larkspurpaw

The inky feline could hear the trickling of the water, steadily passing by the rocks perched in the spacious clearing. A disgruntled frown gently creased his face. The seasoned apprentice detested the waters; everything about water made him cringe. Larkspurpaw was somewhat an outcast because of his dislike - hailing originally from the pristine Creekclan, where water was just simply a lifestyle. To be a dry-paw among so many who loved the waters and the prey that came from them, was certainly unusual. The merge had helped the male blend in, in some regards. Larkspurpaw was still unsure how he felt about the merge, however perhaps there were some good opportunities there.

The morning had started off well - with the young warrior to-be having patrolled the borders shared with the out-lander grounds. There had been no sign of danger and so he ventured off to catch some prey. Creekclan had mostly wet terrain. It made Larkspurpaw ponder carefully where he chose to hunt. His favorite place - the sunningrocks, then the marsh. The tom had peaked his nose into the marsh and left with two mice to which he deposited on the fresh-kill pile. After sharing tongues with several other warriors, he decided it was time for a relaxing wander to the sunningrocks. The sunningrocks was always a delight during sun-high; the sun perched openly in the sky, heating the grey rocks and even the water.

The charcoal tom quietly crept through the trees; creeping up through into the spacious clearing. Larkspurpaw's rounded eyes settled on a dark russet feline. It took the tom several minutes before he realized who she was. The tom struggled with who was who, especially after the merge. The she-cat was new, though; originating from neither the three. A loner, she was.

Thoughts of sinister tricks and games flew by in his mind. The temptation was great. But, what trouble would he evoke on the newcomer? In the back of his mind, he could hear his mentor advising against it. For once, he decided to listen. The tempted troublemaker came up behind the warrior, revealing a coy smirk. "Is it strange being in a clan?" He asked. The to-be warrior was curious about life beyond the clans. What was out there? Were there other clans, clans further south or east? What was around.. The tom was thirsty for adventure, even though he knew he would likely never truly explore the lands beyond Oneclan. "Names' Larkspurpaw. You're the newcomer.. Palilaflame, yeah?"

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Seven
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Apprentice
PERCEPTION
Palilaflame Avatar
Palilaflame
Oneclan
Apr 20, 2020 5:00:16 GMT

Palilaflame

Warrior of OneClan

Palilaflame closed her eyes, taking in the sound of the flowing water. She was happy to be alone and having that moment to herself. It kept her sane and charged her social battery. Being on patrol earlier that day kind of drained it. Some cats talked more than others. 

"Is it strange being in a clan?"

The russet warrior quickly opened her eyes. That wasn't what I was thinking?! Wait... Oh hell. She took in a breath before turning her head. Her yellow-green eyes resisted the urge to narrow. Great... It was another clueless apprentice with that coy smirk. Doesn't he have other apprentices to bother?! See what I am mewing about? Someone who doesn't know me comes and disturbs my prime time. Ugh. She pressed her lips, not knowing what kind of response she wanted to give him. Palilaflame loved giving sarcastic remarks as they gave her satisfaction. Of course, to their expenses. You know what? I am going to be nice and hopes he goes away soon. 

"Perhaps. Definitely not what I was used to. Remembering the warrior code, having designated patrols, dealing with smelly cats," she returned his smirk. "All kinds of stuff. Life is hard," she feigned a sad face before chuckling to herself. The warrior didn't mean half of the stuff she said. Maybe she wanted to get a kick out of his reaction--if he did. But... if the apprentice got turned off and ran away, she wouldn't be offended or upset. 

"Larkspurpaw, interesting name you got there. Yes, I am Newcommer Palilaflame. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance." A stretch, but... That was as friendly as she probably would get. The she cat always judged others before getting to know them. It was a defense mechanism. At the moment, the warrior pinned the apprentice as coy and somewhat annoying. Perhaps her mental profile for him would change later. Or not. She studied him for a moment, hesitating to ask him a question. After all, she was hoping he wouldn't ask more questions. 

Tagged:  

Made by Chassity

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
She/her
Demisexual--hetero
Warrior
Dunepaw
Chassity
Larkspurpaw Avatar
Larkspurpaw
Oneclan
Apr 22, 2020 4:05:28 GMT

Larkspurpaw

Curiosity clouded the tom's gaze as he watched the warrior open her eyes, seeming almost confused or startled by his presence. A small victory pinged in his mind - he loved annoying others and causing a little bit of confusion here and there. The russet warrior however seemed like she had a temper hidden beneath what appeared as collected and tranquil.

Larkspurpaw longed to push her buttons; wake the growling monster deep within. But, perhaps he truly ought to play nice. Especially as her response seemed anything but malicious. Maybe she was struggling to adapt to clan-life; it would not be the first he had heard of such stuff. "I imagine it is all a bit hard; especially when annoying apprentices surprise you when you're sleeping," he said. "That's probably not a common occurrence as a loner.." Larkspurpaw knew he was annoying and he knew that warriors did not like apprentices too much. Associated with being bothersome. What truth there was in that. Although, he also knew he would soon become a warrior. It was any sunrise now, he could feel it.

"Larkspurpaw? Yeah, I suppose it is," he said. The inky male tilt his head then nodded, as if suddenly recalling. "I believe Seawatcher named me that because of something cheesy. I think she said to symbolize her love for me," he meowed; pulling a slight disgusted face. Larkspurpaw loved his mother a great deal, but she was a little overbearing and clingy. Why were she-cats even like that?

"Did you want to hunt or something?" He asked, pricking his ears up curiously. Larkspurpaw was unsure whether the she-cat had already been hunting or even whether she would like to, still; he thought he would ask. In reality, he understood if she refused. Warriors needed their down time too. Larkspurpaw was simply eager to get more training in, just in case he needed it.

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Seven
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Apprentice
PERCEPTION
Palilaflame Avatar
Palilaflame
Oneclan
Apr 22, 2020 15:08:12 GMT

Palilaflame

Warrior of OneClan

Palilaflame was a bit surprised when the apprentice stuck around. Her sarcastic tongue often pushed others away. Well, typically the cats who were easily offended and had no humor. It worked well for her since she was always like that; it told her who she could potentially hang around comfortably. She couldn't imagine being with someone who was overly sensitive all the time. The Somali had no patience for those who couldn't control their soppy feelings. Most of the time. Somethings such emotions were warranted, but other times, not. 

Staring at the apprentice, she judged him. He seemed like someone who liked annoying others. When she was confused, he didn't seem bothered at all. So showing my irritation might be amusing to him... Fortunately for him, I won't give him that satisfaction. She dragged her claws subtlety down the rock she was on, still in her thoughts. I guess he can keep my attention for a while... until I get bored. 

Her whiskers twitched at his comment about annoying apprentices. She gave him a "you know what?" look with a smirk when she realized he was referring to her. "For the record, Larkspurpaw, I was not sleeping. Just closing my little eyes." The warrior blinked blinked multiple times. She was on the verge of snoozing before he interrupted her, but he didn't have to know that. "You'd be surprised... not all loners are secluded from others." Palilaflame danced around the topic, purposefully not mentioning her history. She wasn't treated the best while she was at the barn. The she cat was regarded as a reject, one that was abandoned when she was born. Only her adoptive parents supported her throughout life.

Now, they were gone, completely erased from the present. The thought still made her sad. She had nobody to trust or turn to and had never felt that alone before. Her biological ones disregarded her as if she meant nothing. The one goal she had in her life was to find them and ask why. Perhaps that was too far of a reach. She didn't know where to start. But she would feel like a failure if she didn't try. Part of the reason she started believing in StarClan was to attempt to get answers. When Even (adoptive father) mentioned the spirits, she thought it was ridiculous at first. But it went away when she ran out of options. 

When the apprentice started speaking again, she twitched her ears. Oh right, his name. Admittedly, she found the names weird at first glance. Some were worse than others, though. Her head tilted when the tom mentioned another feline. The Somali guessed it was his mother since she named him. Her yellow-green eyes widened slightly at his disgusted face before a smirk appeared on her face. "Don't they all?" The question was rather rhetorical. She imagined a clingy she cat over him and held a chuckle. That would be so funny. Not when it happens to me, though. Hey! Palilaflame tilted her head when she noticed another similarity. We both don't like emotionally needy cats.. Huh. "What would you want your warrior name to be?" She was genuinely curious, but he didn't have to answer that. After all, the leaders chose the names. 

"Hunting, hmm... Nope!" The warrior stood up, turning her back on the tom, and sat down. She lifted her head and closed her eyes. Her fluffy tail gently swished across the stone. She held her chuckle to give him suspense. Palilaflame then stood up and stretched her long legs and body. "What are we waiting for? You may need it." A yawn escaped her mouth. Hunting was one of her favorite hobbies. She would only deny it if she was incredibly tired or occupied.   

Tagged:  

Made by Chassity

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
She/her
Demisexual--hetero
Warrior
Dunepaw
Chassity
Larkspurpaw Avatar
Larkspurpaw
Oneclan
Apr 24, 2020 2:41:01 GMT

Larkspurpaw

The tom's eyes shifted as the she-cat started to draw her claws across the rock she was perched on. Sharpening them, perhaps? The male flicked an ear, stretching his front legs out slightly. Larkspurpaw sharpened his claws on tree trucks; their thick bodies often had crumbling pieces of bark. Bark that could be shredded off, if clawed enough. Larkspurpaw even had a favorite tree. No one knew where it was of course, but him.

A stifled chuckle came from the apprentice as Palilaflame claimed she was but, resting her eyes. The apprentice replied in a rather husky tone, "You know they all say that, right?" He said. It was classic. A line young kits used to use, or tired apprentices who desperately wanted another training session but were all too tired to really partake in one. He let her off though, deciding he wouldn't push it further. Larkspurpaw despite his trouble-making nature, was fairly relaxed at the best of times.

Larkspurpaw tilt his head slightly as Palilaflame advanced, explaining that not all loners are alone. The idea was puzzling to him. It all seemed within the name. A loner, a cat all alone. Though, as he pondered it further, it did make sense that some cats banded together and forged groups, maybe even miniature clans that were poorly structured and organised. Larkspurpaw imagined they would be far less successful than actual clans, but perhaps much more successful than lone cats. "Interesting," he simply said. The tom had several questions, but he knew better than to pester her about them. Not now, not yet, anyway.

The inky feline drew his feathered tail back and forth, flicking it curiously from side to side. A smile danced across his maw at the she-cat's comment about cheesy names. Seawatcher was clingy, but she was likely the only cat in the entire forest who could get away with it. Anyone else would have a fiery apprentice on their paws.

The question was a surprise. He never expected the she-cat to ask, in fact...No one had ever asked him what he wanted his name to be. "I really hope it's not really feminine," he said with a grimace creasing his expression. "Larkspurpetal is a definite no," he said, shaking his head. "Otherwise, I'm not sure. Maybe Larkspurfire or Larkspurfrost; they seem really mysterious..Yknow, I'm not even sure who will do my name ceremony. With the three co-leaders?" Larkspurpaw hoped it would be Seawatcher giving him his warrior name, but alas it was really hard to know with certainty. She, out of all three, knew him the best. She out of all three could theoretically give him the best and most suitable name. Littlebird and Spiritsong simply did not know him and may lump him with a horribly girly name...Larkspurflower.

The immediate 'no' of the question almost had Larkspurpaw in genuine belief. Damn, she does not like me at all, huh? He thought with a chuckle flickering in his mind. Larkspurpaw did not mind if others did not like him. Everyone had their own tastes, right? However he narrowed his eyes, curiously. It was possible she was joking though. He leaned closer, a slightly coy smile started to appear on his muzzle as she opened her eyes and stretched. It grew as the feline demanded to know what he was waiting for. Larkspurpaw was beginning to understand Palilaflame. She too, was a bit of a trickster. Maybe he had his work cut out for him, for once. "You know..I hate to admit it..But I think I've got my work cut out for me. You too are a fairly mysterious feline. Not many are like you," he said.

Larkspurpaw hopped forward, padding away from the spot where the two had initially met. The male gradually parted his jaws to detect nearby prey. Larkspurpaw was fairly adept at tracking. It was a strength he had, one he had managed to perfect with moons of training. "What is your favorite prey?"

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Seven
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Apprentice
PERCEPTION
Palilaflame Avatar
Palilaflame
Oneclan
Apr 24, 2020 5:33:02 GMT

Palilaflame

Warrior of OneClan

Palilaflame noticed his eyes shifted when she drew her claws down the stone. The warrior loved sharpening her claws. However, the reason she did it at that moment wasn't for that reason. It was rather habitual as she did it for a couple of reasons: when thinking, impatient, or trying to calm herself down. In that case, it was because of her mind working. Larkspurpaw annoyed her at first, but he proved to be enjoyable for the time being. He didn't seem like to be a lot of the cats she met, but a bit similar to her. 

Her ears twitched a little at his response about her shutting eye time. "Pfft. Don't know what you are talking about. I know what I did," she playfully sassed. "I can't make you see truth." Tne spotted warrior whipped her tail side to side. At that moment, she hadn't worried about offending him. Her sarcastic comments didn't rub him the wrong way. Not yet. When he didn't push further, part of her was surprised. She might have expected him to poke her more. Hm. Oh well. 

The Somali curled on her paws underneath her chest. Her bright orbs studied the black tom. She also didn't expect his simple response about loners. At the same time, she appreciated it. The warrior wanted to avoid any possibility of talking about her past. One would probably think about how just saying she was lived in a barn was hard. But it wasn't as easy as that. It would be hard to suppress the image of her loved-ones' death. Traumatizing, it was. Maybe the black tom would ask later. Who knew. 

Palilaflame tilted her head as he talked about his name. His reaction to some of the options were quite funny. Part of her wanted him to have a feminine name--for humor's sake. But that would likely be permanent, too.. "Larkspurpetal, hah! It doesn't roll of the tongue really well. Larskspurfire...mmhmm... no. For you, I'd say Larkspurrose, Larkspurlight, Larkspurstream, Larkspurfish, or.... Larkspurworm! That's all I can think of. You are welcome." She gave the tom a toothy grin, almost closing her eyes. Those were horrible names. Awful. She would be surprised if his name became one of those. However, she would probably laugh whenever she saw him. Maybe even cheer her up after every upset. "Eh, Larkspurfrost is fine. Not better than the other ones I listed, though. Again, you are welcome." Her gaze became serious again in a few seconds. "Not sure either. Though, it would be great if your mother did it." In the warrior's opinion, having the two two leaders do it would be odd. They didn't seem to have a connection with him, anyways.

The large she cat sat down, happy about the compliment after she playfully denied his hunting inquiry. Ah, do it again. "As if I am going to be an open leaf," she smirked. "I'd like to keep it that way. Keep 'em guessing." A yawn escaped her maw. "You are not so bad yourself," she returned the compliment with a smile. When he walked away from her spot, she followed.

Palilaflame figured that it would be best to let him take the lead. After all, his warrior ceremony would be soon. Hovering over him was rather unnecessary. She would provide assistance when he needed it, though. The Somali lightly parted her jaws as she took in the scent. Her ears perked forward, listening for potential prey. In the process, she caught Larkspurpaw's question. "I like to hunt and eat birds, specifically chicken. You?" The spotted warrior found them rather easy to hunt. At least they couldn't fly that far. I guess I might have to find a different favorite bird... I haven't seen them in this territory recently. Hunting those that flew well was challenging, but she was taught special techniques prior to joining the clan. 

Tagged:  

Made by Chassity

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
She/her
Demisexual--hetero
Warrior
Dunepaw
Chassity
Milkberry Avatar
Milkberry
Oneclan
Apr 25, 2020 22:45:11 GMT
[attr="class","khally1"]

milkberry

[attr="class","khally3"]

The glossy she-cat was stealthy in and around the watery grounds; taking to the marshy grounds like a fish to water. Having been born and raised within Creekclan had it's benefits, although some may disagree. The feline perked an ear upwards, hearing the gentle sounds of nearby voices. Sass oozed from the conversation, or what snippets she got at least.

Milkberry had spent the better part of her sunrise relaxing in sunshine and then hunting. With a few frogs caught, she decided to venture to another part of the territory. Perhaps more luck would be had. The she-cat pressed on, her damp paws making little noise as she shifted through the reeds and puddles of water.

The feline slowed as the voices grew louder. Two feline appeared in front of her. One a russet-flame colour with lively grassy oculars. She seemed fierce and automatically; Milkberry was intrigued. The other was a senior aged apprentice, ebony fur with gold eyes. The male seemed mysterious, generating an aura of curiosity. The tom she recognized though; he was the son of Seawatcher, the Creekclan leader. It was nice to see a familiar face among so many who were new and foreign to the former lands of Creekclan.

"Larkspurworm," she mused as she emerged out of reeds and rushes that lined parts of the territory, "I like it!" She said while revealing a toothy grin; matching Palilaflame's. The name was horrible, truly truly horrible. But, she couldn't wait to see the expression on the tom's face as two cheered such a dreadful name. "Perhaps I'll suggest it to Seawatcher; maybe you'll get lucky!" A small giggle came from the she-cat as she played the situation over in her mind. Milkberry was not close with Seawatcher so she really had no idea how she would react to a warrior proposing a specific name for another. Especially one that terrible. Did Seawatcher have a sense of humor?

The small she-cat drew towards the group before poiltely tipping her head to both feline; she had, after-all interrupted their conversation. "Sorry for just barging in. But, I couldn't let such a glorious name pass me by without a word of mention," she said, shooting a grin to Palilaflame. Palilaflame, to the warrior's knowledge was a former loner. But it seemed she was settling into clan-life without difficulty.

The Burmese flicked her skinny lilac colored tail, "Can I join you both?" Milkberry was a good hunter. A better hunter than fighter, that was for sure. She slightly feared rejection from the two though; she was after all still just a warrior with a physical abnormality. But, hopefully no one had drawn their gaze to her additional, almost freakishly extra toes. Most CreekClan cats knew of her issue though. Sometimes it held her back, sometimes it did not. Milkberry always tried to put her best paw forth, demonstrating confidence and masterful skills, despite the wavering feeling of doubt in the back of her mind.

[attr="class","khally"] | dont mind me, just crashing in on this

[newclass=".khally"]background-color:#907C9F;[/newclass][newclass=".khally1"]border-top:200px solid #907C9F;[/newclass][newclass=".khally3 b"]color:#907C9F;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
Female
She/her
Hetero
Warrior
Khal
Larkspurpaw Avatar
Larkspurpaw
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 4:55:38 GMT

Larkspurpaw

Stifled chuckles came from the moonless male as Palilaflame claimed to deny 'sleeping' or 'dozing'. He wanted to make a joke about 'elder naps', but Palilaflame was still incredibly young. In fact, she didn't look close to 30 moons! Larkspurpaw simply shook his head, the smile not seeming to dim.

Larkspurpaw was a little unsure about gaining his warrior name. He knew he likely had assessments on the horizon, but part of him feared that most of his test may be on or around the water. It was not a common issue many CreekClan cats had, but, unfortunately he was a slight dry-paw. The inky male was not fond of the way the water would weigh his thick pelt down. Larkspurpaw hated the feeling of even being in the water and let alone trying to dry off. He could swim and he could fish, but he was much more clumsy than most Creekclan warriors would expect him to be.

The tom did not vocalize his thoughts though, not with Palilaflame. Although he liked her, he did not know her well enough to burden her with his doubts. Plus, she was a former loner, someone who had likely never known the pressure of being made a warrior. As the ruddy warrior began rattling off terrible sounding names, Larkspurpaw's face crinkled in a frown. "Larkspurrose...Yuck!" He meowed.

The male's mind lingered over the various other names Palilaflame had suggested. He shook his head and released a steadily disapproving sigh. Hopefully Seawatcher wouldn't bestow such a terrible name on him, right?

As the warrior began to walk off, he slowly paused. His ears flicked at the scent of another, but he quickly dismissed it for a passerby. "Wait, chicken?" He said in astonishment, his head tilt.

That's when Milkberry came into view. The she-cat was small and petite. But she had glossy fur and bright eyes, making her stand out. Larkspurpaw turned to Palilaflame and shook his head, "Thank you for the wonderful names, Palilaflame. It seems I'll be known as Larkspurworm or maybe even Larkspurrose before long," he said. Larkspurpaw spoke with a frown, but there was a glint of humor in his eyes and a smile on the edge of cracking across his thick maw.

As Milkberry suggested a chat with Seawatcher, he immediately shot her a look; Don't you dare, he thought to himself. The tom's gaze was hard, but it quickly eased up as the smile split onto his face. He couldn't keep up his mock-anger for long. In truth, he would truly hate to be given any of the names Milkberry or Palilaflame praised. They were truly terrible. Thankfully, he had a little more faith in Seawatcher.

The tom shrugged at the she-cat's question, "Yeah, sure. I see why not. Is that cool, Palilaflame? This is Milkberry, by the way. She's from CreekClan. Or, what was," he explained; deciding the ruddy feline ought to know who the mysterious small cat was.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Seven
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Apprentice
PERCEPTION
Palilaflame Avatar
Palilaflame
Oneclan
May 3, 2020 7:06:35 GMT

Palilaflame

Warrior of OneClan

Palilaflame enjoyed messing with others. Not only did it amuse her to see their reactions, it also took the spotlight away from herself in a way. It was even better when someone had tough pelts. Easily-offended cats annoyed her as she would have to find ways to sneak around their fragile skin, avoiding the wrong words. Every fun conversation needed a bit of sass and sarcasm. 

When the apprentice frowned at her name suggestions, she smirked. "Yuck? It's one of the best names I ever heard, besides Palilaflame that is." My name is way better. It has a fierce vibe to it. And it's quite unique. Silently, she thanked her adoptive mother for the prefix before allowing her mind to come back to the present. That was when she heard his disapproving sighs. Her smirk grew even wider. "Oh come on! It's not terrible. It suits you perfectly!" She kept pace with Larkspurpaw until she caught a whiff of another feline. The warrior froze in her place, scouting the area with her bright eyes. Her fluffy tail whisked stiffly back and forth. From the scent, she knew the cat was from OneClan. However, the Somali was naturally wary of anyone (that she didn't know) coming into her presence. 

"Yes, chicken..." The red feline continued to stare ahead, missing the tom's shocked face. Her voice was rather low as she was temporarily distracted. "They were quite prevalent in the place I came from. Best birds I've tasted," she said. The warrior wasn't sure if he even knew what a chicken was. But if she started to define it and he happened to know what it was, it might offend him. Therefore, she defined it discreetly just in case. Shortly, a she cat came into view. She possessed a rather small frame with glossy fur. From her demeanor, the reddish warrior guessed she was one of the nicer warriors. 

Palilaflame snickered at the feline's approval of Larkspurworm. Ha! The warrior typically got irritated when others joined her conversations, but this warrior's humor didn't give her room to get annoyed. Humor was a quick way to get the larger she cat more comfortable. "See, Larkspurpaw, I am not the only one who has good taste. I think Seawatcher might get a kick out of this--two felines helping her with your future name." She flicked her tail sideways, glancing at the other she cat. The Somali doubted the small cat would tell his mother, but the thought of it was hilarious. Larkspurworm was indeed hideous. The russet she cat imagined the possibility of Seawatcher telling her off. Some parts of her would feel a tiny bit bad, while the other part would make her laugh. It would also show how much humor the older cat actually had.

Her ear twitched toward the direction of Larkspurpaw when he spoke. "You are so welcome. Perhaps your mother would come to me for other name suggestions. Will be honored." The she cat playfully puffed out her chest and swayed her tail. A small smile appeared on her face when the light colored she cat complimented the name again. She loved it when others went with the jokes. It kept the conversation light. 

When the small warrior asked about accompanying them, she gave a dipped her head. "Yeah," the large cat simply said. "Don't mind at all," she spoke. She turned her head to the black tom, listening to his introduction. "Pleasure to meet you. Palilaflame." The russet warrior decided to state her name even though it was already mentioned in conversation. It surely couldn't hurt to say it again. Her gaze went back to the smaller feline after she nodded to Larkspurpaw in thanks. That was when she caught sight of her toes. Instead of giving a prolonged stare, she looked at the reeds nearby, instead. She would rather avoid a potentially awkward situation. After all, the Milkberry might be self-conscious. Palilaflame leaned slightly forward and lifted one of her paws. "What are we waiting for?" Her fluffy tail whipped in contentment. Hunting was one of her favorite hobbies. She longed to hunt among the trees. 

Made by Chassity

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
She/her
Demisexual--hetero
Warrior
Dunepaw
Chassity
Milkberry Avatar
Milkberry
Oneclan
May 5, 2020 8:11:45 GMT
[attr="class","khally1"]

milkberry

[attr="class","khally3"]

A sense of joviality came over the creamy lady, her eyes dazzling to match her joyous demeanor. The banter with Larkspurpaw and Palilaflame made her feel a rush of delight; playful banter and socializing tended to have that affect on Milkberry never the less, though. As the tom flew a grimace her way, she immediately felt the corners of her maw lift wider. It was not hard to tell that the raven coloured tom was teasing. "Aw, come on, it's a great name," she said in response.

The she-cat thought about Seawatcher again and how she would propose the new name idea to the leader. But, of course Milkberry had no true intention of following through. Her words were all just that, words; backed by no desire to really approach a leader with a hideous name for her only son. It all just seemed like a bad idea come reality. Still, Milkberry loved ruffling Larkspurpaw's feathers.

"I agree!" She said as she settled her golden eyes on the russet fox-like cat; nodding to her every word. Palilaflame seemed to be a little rough around the edges, but she had a sense of humor and hadn't seemed to be too upset on her entrance. As she accepted the tom's seemingly sarcastic gratitude, she stifled a loud giggle. Maybe Seawatcher will come back to me for name suggestions. Milkberry couldn't help but release a gentle purr; imagining as the silvery molly approached the fox-like cat for name suggestions. Maybe we would have Amaryllisslug, Valerianworm and Honeydingo before long. The names were all shocking and neither of the cats she thought of deserved such horrible names. Luckily, the leaders might be a little kinder than her imagination.

The name Palilaflame was interesting. Palila was a bird; if her memory served her correctly, but she didn't know what colour they were or whether they were big, small or medium in size. The warrior liked to imagine them as a variation of sparrow though. Perhaps not too far off from reality. She warmly nodded back to the fox-like she-cat, delighted to be welcomed in on their hunting endeavor. Milkberry was a keen huntress; the abilities being a strength much more than a weakness. At the russet feline's call, Milkberry began to follow.

The she-cat sprang up onto a smooth, medium sized rock. The rock was warm beneath her paws. Water slipped between the rock she was settled on. Gradually, she shifted, pouncing from rock to rock with the grace of a gazelle. Milkberry was small, with near no muscle on her body, but her lightweight body made her agile and considerably quick. "You know, I haven't had a good finch in a while. I don't mind the regular fish, but.. I can't ever seem to turn down a finch," she explained; voicing her thoughts out loud.

[attr="class","khally"]@palilaflame | words

[newclass=".khally"]background-color:#907C9F;[/newclass][newclass=".khally1"]border-top:200px solid #907C9F;[/newclass][newclass=".khally3 b"]color:#907C9F;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
Female
She/her
Hetero
Warrior
Khal
Larkspurpaw Avatar
Larkspurpaw
Oneclan
May 14, 2020 1:50:18 GMT

Larkspurpaw

The tom curiously had his head tilt to one side. He had never eaten chicken before. Sure, he knew of them, but.. Now that he thought about it, he had never even seen one. "Huh," he replied as she explained about the medium sized birds. "I can't say I've ever eaten one." Larkspurpaw imagined the big golden and saffron creatures hopping along the ground. Larkspurpaw rather enjoyed the odd bird. His favorite at the moment was crows and ravens. "Maybe one day...I'll get to try one," he said, optimistically. The apprentice knew he likely would never find one. They didn't exactly seem common, but who knew what the future held. A smile danced across his muzzle as he tried to imagine the taste of a chicken. He wanted to say it was like a stronger tasting raven, with a slightly different aftertaste.

The playful names bounced off the tom's pelt like water to an eel, but he pulled disgusted faces, imagining their reality. It was a humorous thought, but he was thankful that the likelihood of their actual occurrence was... Incredibly low. Larkspurpaw chuckled a little, shaking his head gradually from side to side. Milkberry and Palilaflame had a great sense of humor, he thought. "Thanks again for your suggestions ladies.." he said, chuckling lightly.

Larkspurpaw was still ticking his mind over the funny warrior names when the two she-cats indicated that they were ready to begin a hunt. Palilaflame seemed eager; perhaps hunting was her favorite sport. Milkberry too. Larkspurpaw was average at hunting and average at fighting too. His weaknesses were purely on swimming and fishing; odd traits for a supposed water-loving clan. The inky male stretched his long ebony legs before trailing behind after the two fae. One of his golden eyes slid across to Milkberry, watching as the silvery she-cat pounced across the rocks. She reminded him of an agile fawn or doe as she moved. "A finch? They are good birds," he agreed with a swift nod. It seemed the two she-cats both rather loved the taste of bird. He cracked a short laugh, "You guys are going to laugh at my favorite prey. And no, no..It's surprisingly not fish or finch, or chicken!" Larkspurpaw held no shame in his favorite prey. But it was by far not a common favorite prey. Maybe Larkspurpaw was just a little unusual in his tastes..

After a few moments, he revealed. "Lizards!"

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Seven
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Apprentice
PERCEPTION
Palilaflame Avatar
Palilaflame
Oneclan
May 20, 2020 5:26:23 GMT

Palilaflame

Warrior of OneClan

Palilaflame pricked her ears forward when the black tom mentioned he never had chicken. Honestly, the warrior was not surprised. Since she had been a part of OneClan, she hadn't seen those birds. It was kind of sad. She often ate those feathery animals at the barn. Not having them around erased a bit of the familiarity of her past. When Larkspurpaw said that he would maybe try it one day, she had a doubtful snort. Wishful thinking, my acquaintance. The large she cat thought about suggesting that they sneak out of the territory to look for that bird, but did away with it. She was pretty sure the other cats wouldn't be a fan of her adventure. Plus, the tom might be a strict rule-follower. But the vibe he gave her so far showed the opposite. "Well, maybe if a hoard runs over here." The warrior shrugged. "Perhaps a pack of dogs might trail them." The second sentence was more sarcastic than the first. A smirk slowly came to her face as she glanced at her acquaintance. 

The russet warrior's tail whipped side to side, a sign of amusement. Suggesting Larkspurpaw's future name was quite fun. Thankfully, even with Milkberry's presence, the conversation remained light. Everyone in the group had humor. That made the moment a lot better. What was interesting, though, was the differences in personalities. The black tom seemed to be rather mischievous and sort of bothersome. The small she cat gave the flame-colored warrior a rather sweet and warm vibe. Palilaflame was fiery and sarcastic. Such a unique combination.

A very very very tiny part of the larger she cat wanted Larkspurpaw to have one of the names she spoke about. It would be very funny. She could imagine herself laughing out loud at his ceremony, given the name. The warrior would probably even cackle after greeting him all the time. However, a bigger part of her was more compassionate. Nobody would want those names. They were completely hideous. Because she liked the black tom so far, she would feel slightly bad if his name was changed to any of the ones she suggested. "Ah, no problem! I figured I would do a good deed." Another smirk of hers came into view. If only they knew what she was just thinking.

The warrior trotted quickly along the rocks. She did so in zig-zags. Her paws seldom touched the water. When she looked over her shoulders, she noticed how sophisticated Milkberry looked as she moved. Her daintiness and quickness made up for her lack of muscle. The other she cat reminded her of a swan. Palilaflame was slightly messy with her movements. She could care less about how she looked to others. The way she moved only mattered when she hunted or fought. Also, the feline loved the water, so having it splash against her pelt as she moved didn't bother her. She was not as cautious either as she was more on the bold side. As one uncovered her traits and capabilities, one wouldn't be surprised when she ended up with a bruised paw sometimes.

When the russet warrior reached land, she turned around to look at Milkberry. "Perhaps you will catch one," she flicked her tail. It seemed like she had a taste for birds. The larger cat wasn't sure how well the other cat hunted as she just met her. Birds could be tricky to catch. "I won't turn away some fish. Preferably, I would like to eat chicken. But given the circumstances, I wouldn't mind a crow, raven, or squirrel." Palilaflame's gaze went to Larkspurpaw, wondering what he would say his favorite prey was. Mice? Voles?... Roaches? When he mentioned the animal, her mouth opened. What?! Yuck! If someone gave her a lizard, she would think she was being hated on. "Ughhh... I initially guessed you loved cockroaches. Definitely far off there. Lizards are uh... interesting." She nodded after she playfully rolled her eyes. "To each their own," a short chuckle came out of her maw. A mischievous smile appeared on her face. "Now I know who to give all of my lizards to."

Lifting one paw and bending it, she glanced ahead as the wind touched her pelt. Hunting was one of her favorite activities. It helped clear her mind and it also gave her something to look forward to. Her tail slowly moved to the side as she contemplated the idea of having a hunting contest. Right now, she loved the chill vibe. With challenges, she got rather competitive.

Made by Chassity

PEBBLES
25 Moons
Female
She/her
Demisexual--hetero
Warrior
Dunepaw
Chassity

Quick Reply