a father's love [ tagged ]

wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
Apr 17, 2020 7:19:23 GMT
wavestep
i've been by myself all by myself all night long,
hoping you're someone i used to know
[attr="class","bandittext"]He'd been, admittedly, disappointed to hear that the kits that had appeared with Midnight had been supplied with mentors. He had hoped beyond hope that they'd be allowed to stay until they were weaned and then abandoned into the world, but it seemed Spiritsong had had other ideas for the young kits - or maybe he just liked to watch Wavestep struggle with Fawnspots. Whatever the case had been, he knew that getting rid of Epsilon, Alpha, and Omega would be much harder than he originally thought. He'd been so disappointed - angry even - when Midnight brought the kits to him. He'd made it clear the first day he'd seen their writhling little bodies that he'd wanted nothing to do with them. He'd hoped the disgust written on his face would prevent the dimwitted feline from bringing them into his life again.

Clearly he'd been mistaken.

So now, he was paying for his consequences tenfold. Fawnspots had been so angry that she demanded kits from him - else she leave - and fearing the loss of the she-cat he'd had by his side for moons, he caved. He felt love for her on scales that he'd never felt for anyone else and had worked so hard to keep her obediently at his side and had kept kits of their lives for so long. He wasn't cut out to be a father, and now that she was having the kits, he knew he'd be expected to try and put on a face. But every time he thought of the kits he already sired - especially the newest litter - a scowl touched his face and he found his muscles tense.

So he'd set out today with the hope of finding someone to loosen those muscles and help him relax. He'd hoped it would be simple, seeing as OneClan now existed of so many she-cats that he'd never had an opportunity with before. But thus far, it had produced Blizzardberry, an overly timid little white she-cat. She was boring, but a safe option, and he'd likely spend a few afternoons with her before growing bored of the company she offered and moving on to the next she-cat. Now, he was just looking for new prospects.

But instead, he'd stumbled upon a training session between Pearfrost and Alpha, and instantly the tom found his mood darkening. The black feline that looked identical to the she-cat who had ruined his life was turning out to be more of a nuisance than he'd originally thought, and he was doing everything within his power to find a reason for the little feline to be removed from OneClan, but so far his attempts had been unsuccessful. So he watched the training for a few minutes until he grew bored with the failed training. "I had once thought that GorgeClan produced formidable warriors, yet I'm incredibly... underwhelmed with this training." He said as he carefully stalked his way from the undergrowth. "Granted, you've been provided with a less than desirable apprentice, so I'm sure it isn't all your fault."

512 | &

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#7c732a;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Apr 18, 2020 1:04:00 GMT

304 WORDS

here goes notes

To Pearfrost, the training had been going quite well.

Alpha was no doubt a formidable fighter; she had no doubts from the moment she had seen him. He would be a challenge to teach, as he had many creative ideas of his own. However, she had no doubts that his fiery spirit would make him terrifying in battle regardless. There was no real rules to combat, and that was where this rule-bending young tom belonged. She had seen cats like this during the Bonestar days, those who thrived on the lack of structure and superstitious faiths.

She knew vaguely that Wavestep was Alpha's father, but had never really greeted the tom. 

"Well if he were to be a less than desirable apprentice, I would assume that came from his less than desirable father," Pearfrost meowed without even turning to face Wavestep. Was this not the tom that also fathered Skywhisper by mistake? She had heard rumors of such long ago. There was no doubt the two resembled each other. But beyond this, Pearfrost had no understanding of all the gossip that went on in MoorClan. All she knew was that Wavestep disgusted her.

Pearfrost hated cats like this. They loft around in the arms of some temporary love, believing that they could find happiness, and wrecking havoc to those around them. 

Weak. That's what they were. It was pure escapism.

At the first sound of his voice, Pearfrost picked up a tone of malice. She was not a patient one, and knew immediately that this tom was not here to be helpful or constructive. He was here to mock them. She shrugged; she had no problem playing his game. 

"Are you trying to be helpful?" she added sarcastically. "Maybe Alpha can practice killing a cat." 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
Alpha Avatar
Alpha
Oneclan
Apr 18, 2020 22:37:51 GMT

Despite the poor foot Alpha had gotten off to with his mentor, he had to admit that it was fun to train with her. Fighting was even more thrilling to the tom. Despite Pearfrost being small, she could pack a punch and she even pushed the inky black tom along. The only thing Alpha found annoying was how he had to keep his claws sheathed. He never understood the clan cat's concept of sheathed claws when practicing. To be perfectly honest, Alpha thought someone would learn better when the threat of pain was hovering over them. Pain was an exellent motivation, Alpha found.

However, he was shaken out of his own headspace when the unpleasant sound of a tom reached his ears. Ugh Alpha couldn't help but roll his eyes as the taste of bile filled his mouth. No words could describe the amount of disgust Alpha felt for his sire. "She's a better warrior than you'll ever be, unfortunately." The inky tom whispered under his breath so only Peachfrost could hear him. Speaking up Alpha barely spared his father a second glace, "don't be so quick to judge father." He spat the word with such distaste before continuing. "You're not exactly stellar yourself. You've grown fat and soft with all the gallivanting you do around Fawnspot's back." Alpha spoke flippantly, however, a hint of anger glowed in his otherwise colorless depths. How the gentle she-cat stayed around this mouse-brain of a cat was beyond him.

At Peachfrost's words, Alpha couldn't help but perk up, eyes glowing with excitement while a menacing grin spread across his muzzle, his fangs glinting in the soft sunlight. "Claws unsheathed?" He couldn't help but ask before turning to face his sire. Alpha chuckled softly while he got into a crouching position, ready to pounce at the nod of his mentor. While he didn't look particularly scary with his small size as an apprentice, one would have to admit he looked eager at the prospect of drawing blood. His body shook with excitement and his pale green irises sparkled with a mad light.

350 ● @peachfrost ● Alpha ready man xD
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
7 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Apprentice
Devi
wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 2:21:36 GMT
wavestep
[attr="class","bandittext"]He didn't expect much less of a retort from Pearfrost. He knew little about the tiny feline, but he knew plenty about her clan and the monstrosities they'd caused moons ago. He figured that Fangstar hadn't succeeded in weeding out all the loyalists, that seemed too good to be true. "Say what you like, dear. My actions haven't ended countless lives." He said in a sing-songy voice before turning his attention for a brief moment toward the shadow of a cat that spoke out of turn.

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that your mothers never taught you to let grown cats speak." He said with a dismayed tone. Though it was difficult to decern whether his disappointment was toward the black demon the little tomcat resembled or his mate. Truthfully, he only hoped that Fawnspots would raise their kits to be better behaved than the spawn that existed now. If this was a judgement of how well his mate could mother, he didn't like the odds very much. Turning his attention back to the she-cat before him, he shook his head. "It is not my job to train the ungrateful brat, it is yours. If it's an unfit task for you, perhaps you should take it up with Littlebird."

The truth? Wave didn't do much sparring and hadn't since he was made a warrior. He did the bare minimum in all of his duties - not that that would have surprised anyone. And the worst part was, he did just enough to stay out of trouble but not enough to be a quality member of society. Typical, for the manipulative feline that he was. So he'd do his best not to face an apprentice, and claim the reason was something unrelated, determined not to face the wrath of his mate for sparring against the young tom if he could avoid it. Fawnspots would likely not be pleased to learn that the two were at arms.

"I've only come to see if he'll be useful warrior or if his welcome wears out. I can't have a kit soiling my name. Least of all one from the little witch that birthed him." His gaze turned slowly onto the black tom that stood before him, a look of pure loathing crossing his features as he looked upon the cat who resembled the little she-cat who had snared him in her web and brought the litter he'd shunned to him in her dying hour. He'd wished that they'd all died on that journey. His life would have been so much simpler. "Now you should probably get back to training, dear. That kit isn't going to teach himself."

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 18:17:56 GMT

378 WORDS

-

"A talkative bastard, aren't you? You're right I've ended countless lives, would you like to be added to the collection?" Pearfrost purred in reply to Wavestep's words. There was nothing she enjoyed more than being reminded of her glory days with Bonestar, when nothing mattered more to her than victory. It was no sore spot for her, and in fact, a matter of pride.

It was a miracle that Littlebird trusted her with Alpha, really. Pearfrost saw the same glint in Alpha's eyes, similar to her own when she was younger. It suggested a small but fierce tendency toward sadism. Once she had been shamed for enjoying the blood of battle, but having this apprentice only validated Pearfrost's notion that it was natural. After all, what are a cat's claws for if not the fight?

"Oh, you know, I'd be more worried that you soil his name. After all, there's something to be said about a cat who is unable to sire a legitimate litter, and has also never had his own apprentice." 

Pearfrost's devious amber eyes turned on Wavestep. What a bore, she thought. Why in StarClan's name did she-cats end up fawning over this mouse-brain? He was as disingenuous as he was immoral. Sure, his pelt was a strange and interesting pattern, but Pearfrost herself found it rather tacky. Or perhaps that was the reason why he had to go chasing after loners rather than a legitimate Clan mate. 

"You should stay then, put a little effort into teaching your son."

Wavestep was not getting out of this one. Pearfrost adamantly decided that she already had enough of the manipulative tom's presence. He seemed like the type of cat who believed he could get away with any amount of insult just through some smooth talking. But Pearfrost was not normal she who might feel the need to relax, the uptight and snappy she-cat was eager to snarl a challenge. Given Wavestep's insults, Pearfrost believed it was reasonable provocation for a spar. After all, that was how she solved things around here.

If Wavestep wasn't looking for a fight, she thought to herself, he certainly picked one at this point.

"Whenever you're ready, Alpha," Pearfrost purred.

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
Alpha Avatar
Alpha
Oneclan
May 7, 2020 22:58:15 GMT

"What adults? I only see one," 'and its not you' he thought silently to himself, wide unpeturbed grin on his muzzle. However, he stayed silent for the rest of the time Wavestep continued to speak, quickly loosing interest in the toms very existence even with the jabs directed at him through fancy words and misdirection. He quickly regain focus when he heard his mentor shrugged his father's jib off like it was nothing and then deftly threatened the bengal. A new kind of respect and interest shown in his emereld depths as he looked at Peachfrost. "Woah really?" He couldn't help but blurt out, the awe in his voice unmistakable as he completely ignore his father. "What was it like?" Alpha couldn't help but ask the morbid question, dearly hoping his mentor would explain further and humor him with regaled tales of her past. 'What is it like having the power to end lives, to watch your victim plead for their life and to ultimately watch what little hope they had of living to fade away to anquish when you spill their life's blood?' The thought wasn't spoken out loud, but the question was conveyed nonetheless with his curious eyes and subtle shivering of excitement wracking his body.

A lofty sigh of annoyance huffed out of him as he glanced towards his father, eager to get rid of him so he could continue to ask his mentor all kinds of questions without the grumblings of the rosette tom to take away from the stories he'd undoubtedly learn. However, that annoyance quickly turned to excitement at his mentor's last words. Rather swiftly he got to his feet, angling his body in the direction of the older tom as he stalked towards Wavestep, minding to keep out of reach as he circled the older warrior like prey. He was almost giddy with the intoxication of not only being able to fight Wavestep, but to draw blood. If anything Alpha could just say that Wavestep had helped him train. Hopefully, Fawnspot's would believe him if she ever came looking for a reason.

A few more circles was all it took before the black tom launched himself at his sire, paw aimed at the bengals head in an attempt to stun him before jumping out of reach.

385 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
7 Moons
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Apprentice
Devi
wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
May 22, 2020 0:04:00 GMT
wavestep
[attr="class","bandittext"]He supposed that he should have known that Pearfrost would have no shame for the disgusting actions she'd done in the heat of war. Most didn't. And he'd known her to be quite ruthless when Bonestar was around, though he hadn't heard much when the leader disappeared. Thankfully, MoorClan's lack of involvement either way really kept them from having to interact too much.

"Fawnspots is pregnant, but I wouldn't expect you to know that."

Though the knowledge of his pregnant queen filled him with no joy. He tried his best to force a smile, to seem happier as the words escaped his lips, but it was practically spat out in response.

Wavestep scoffed at the idea of teaching Alpha anything. "No son of mine. He's a useless loner, and will always be. Just like his mother." The bengal feline flicked his tail slowly back and forth as he looked from mentor to apprentice. It seemed perfectly logical that a lazy feline such as she would try to turn the training onto anyone else.

However, he had no time for such useless things. He was certain Blizzardberry was off waiting somewhere for him, so he had places to be.

However, her purr broke the air and Alpha set off without a moment's hesitation. He snarled instantly in response to the young tom's advance, and dodged narrowly before immediately moving to the edge of the clearing, his ears flat against his head. "I've got other places to be. Unfortunately, you'll have to train your own apprentice today."

Turning toward Alpha, he offered a final growl. "And don't think about raising a paw to me again."

And he took his leave, as gracefully as he could until he was well out of earshot, then bounding quickly away from the mossy clearing.

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply