unpleasant conversation [tagged]

wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
Apr 17, 2020 7:06:26 GMT
wavestep
i've been by myself all by myself all night long,
hoping you're someone i used to know
[attr="class","bandittext"]Since the transition, he'd been doing his best to avoid cats of other clans, but so far he'd failed that mission. He'd met with Blizzardberry, a young warrior from CreekClan and had a run in with Alpha and his mentor. None of the encounters had been necessarily bad, but he certainly hadn't been filled with joy to see other clan cats. He kept mostly to himself these days, interacting with Fawnspots only when she'd allow him to - which felt like less and less - and it was pushing him away. He missed her, and loved her deeply, but it seemed that she didn't want to deal with his antics anymore. Mapleblossom had thankfully avoided the plague so far, and she was the only one that he actively found himself spending time with to avoid the drama of the transition and his new kits that had appeared moons ago.

Due to his impatience with being ignored by his mate - and her swelling belly - it was easier to spend time away from her and he felt less and less guilty about it with each passing day. So his interests waved, and today, they'd spotted someone who he figured could be a source of entertainment. Robinflight was significantly younger than he was, but that had never stopped him before. He knew that the she-cat was fairly close to his son, Skywhisper, however and that was enough for him to not like the young female. Not that he necessarily hated the young tom, it was nothing compared to his disdain for the young kits that had appeared in their clan, but he certainly wasn't a father and had distanced himself from that kit long ago. And Skywhisper had no problem taking jabs at the morality of that decision, as if he'd been there and understood the gravity of having kits at his young age all those moons ago with a she-cat he wasn't interested in romantically.

"Ah, good morning Robinflight." He said with a small smile as he stretched his lanky form in the sun, his bengal pelt shining brightly. "How do you fair this morning? Heard from Skywhisper much recently?" He prodded, though honestly, the answer didn't matter much to him. Wavestep knew his son was in GorgeClan's old territory with the quarantined cats and he personally didn't care too much. He understood the importance of having a medicine cat, but frankly, they had to here that they could rely on, so why did they need him anymore?

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#7c732a;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
robinflight Avatar
robinflight
Oneclan
Apr 17, 2020 11:32:16 GMT
"Running is a victory."
The transition had been hard on Robinflight. She was uncertain as to her place in this merged clan. A young warrior, but older than some of the new warriors. Not old enough to find friends among the seniors either. Most of her time had been spent flitting around her family, avoiding the strangers she didn't know, and hunting. The last was difficult, so used to racing across an open field in hunting, that it took her hours to find a single piece of prey. Too often had she returned empty-pawed.

She could have easily asked one of the cats from the other - old? - clans but it would have been admitting defeat. And possibly opened up questions on her parentage if anyone had a clue as to who she once was as a kit. Of course, after meeting Hornetcall, perhaps she could ask him? He seemed nice enough and he knew the territory and how to hunt in it. Yeah, she decided with a nod to herself, I'll ask him later.

For the time being, however, she was still in camp. There was no Skywhisper to run errands for and honestly the other medicine cats intimidated her. Cherryblossom had already been anxiously tended to by Robinflight earlier and she had no desire to try her luck hunting after the abysmal failure of yesterday. And the day before.

Her thoughts so consuming her as she lay in a patch of sunlight in the camp, she didn't realize the danger approaching until Wavestep spoke. Robinflight flinched from laying on her back to standing on her paws in less than a heartbeat, watching the older tom warily. There had never been much of a reason for interaction between the two of them before, more her on the fringes of conversation between him and Skywhisper, but she knew his reputation. The young molly wasn't usually one to judge but there was something about Wavestep that set her nerves on edge.

Which was proven once again as he needled her. Her ears turned back slightly but she stood her ground. "I haven't heard from him, no, but it was a good morning." Left unsaid was that it started turning at his appearance, but she wasn't going to quite stoop to that level yet. Bullies had always irritated her and Wavestep was the worst. "What do you want?" Against her will, her gaze darted briefly around the camp to see that they were mostly alone, apart from those who hadn't quite left their dens for the day, and she was of course away from the exit. A sinking feeling started up in her chest at the thought of having to endure this conversation until the tom decided he was done.

| A/N:
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
19 moons
Molly
She/Her
Undecided
Moorclan Warrior
arcticwind
wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
Apr 17, 2020 23:19:53 GMT
wavestep
[attr="class","bandittext"]Wavestep feigned an injured look at the short responses he received from the younger she-cat. He looked quite surprised by the way she was so willing to brush him off, especially considering he knew how bright and kind she could be from the way she interacted with others within the clan. "Why Robinflight, you wound me." He grumbled in return, though his tone definitely didn't match the words he spoke. Shrugging his shoulders, the tom slowly lowered himself to his haunches and ran his tongue over the fur on his chest to sooth it down.

"I'm just doing my part, checking on my clanmates, especially the ones who seem most distraught by all the changes." He said with as sweet of a smile as he could accomplish. "How's your mother doing, dear? Has she managed to avoid the spore yet this far? I haven't seen much of her lately either." He rambled on, as if making small talk before sitting up a little bit straighter and wrapping his tail daintily around his paws. "And that child of mine, Skywhisper, you'll keep me informed if you hear anything, won't you? I'd hate for him to fall ill."

The bengal tom offered a small smirk as he looked over the little brown tabby before him, watching her the same way he watched all females, like prey. Normally, he tried to put on a front for them, but most cats in MoorClan had seen through is disguise long ago, so it was a waste of time. Unlike that sweet little Blizzardberry. She'll be a lovely companion for a week or two. Clearing his throat and using it to distract his train of thought and bring it back to the she-cat before him, Wavestep tilted his head slightly as he watched her.

"So, Robinflight," He began, offering her a small smile as he spoke. "I've actually been thinking about something a lot lately. Since we're in this place with all these other clans, maybe it's a good time for you to start asking questions about who you were before." He offered, attempting to sound genuine as he spoke, thought truthfully, he wondered if she'd catch the hint. "I mean, wouldn't it be nice to know who you really were? Where you really belonged? Spiritsong was so generous to let you stay for as long as he did, but... I think it's been an awfully long time."

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
robinflight Avatar
robinflight
Oneclan
Apr 22, 2020 17:32:22 GMT
"Running is a victory."
She tried not to react to his dramatics but couldn't quite keep her ears from briefly flickering back. Robinflight gave up when he started bringing her mama into whatever he had planned, ears pinning themselves. It was so hard to not bounce in place but she kept herself loose and balanced. Wavestep wouldn't start a physical fight but if she kept herself in that mindset, maybe she could keep her cool easier? "Cherrybloom is fine." A little needling of her own couldn't be helped, because she knew his concern for her friend was disingenuous, "And I'm sure Skywhisper wouldn't want to worry such a caring father as yourself."

Just as she was about to leave and put this - this - words failed her in describing Wavestep, but she was about to put him behind her regardless and try her paw at hunting again -

Oh, he didn't.

Robinflight released an irritated hiss and glared at him. "There's no need. I know who I am and where I belong, and that's with my family from Moorclan." Her temper easily hid the quiet fear that that wasn't true, that she'd be fought over or have her whole world come down over knowing her birth clan and family. It took enormous effort for her to reign herself in and not respond with something equally nasty to his own cruel words. "Was there actually something you wanted or did you just want to prove that you have no manners while there's no one new around to see who you truly are?"

Oops.

Well. At least that was tame compared to her first thoughts on how to respond.

| A/N:
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
19 moons
Molly
She/Her
Undecided
Moorclan Warrior
arcticwind
wavestep Avatar
wavestep
Oneclan
May 7, 2020 6:46:11 GMT
wavestep
[attr="class","bandittext"]Wavestep remained collected as she shortly stated that both of them were doing fine. "Well, I know it's hard to listen, dear, but I asked that you tell me if you hear anything from him. Skywhisper and I aren't on the best of terms, sure. But that doesn't mean I want him to fall ill. I'm still a loyal member of MoorClan." Turning his gaze toward the she-cat, he sat taller, squaring his shoulders, and looked down his nose at her. What Spiritsong had seen in her to allow her to stay for so long, well he'd never really know.

He knew, however, when he'd found the chord that rattled her. The sound of Robinflight hissing made the tom chuckle, and where most would have reared back and dropped the subject, he smiled. "It's sweet that you think they're your family. But come now, they were only doing what they were told. Spiritsong isn't heartless, he never would have turned a kit away from his clan. He told them to take care of you. And regardless of how much they may tell you that they love you, you are just a burden that was placed on their shoulders." Smiling, he slowly rose to his paws. Robinflight seemed plenty capable of overthinking his words and letting them run wild.

"Ah, dear. I'm sorry if my words hurt you." Though his voice was void of emotion as he took a couple of steps forward, closing the distance between them as he whispered. "I've earned my right and my place within this clan, much more than an orphan kit like you could ever have. Don't forget it, Robinflight. You don't belong here, and no matter how much you run in the hills, that won't change that the blood of MoorClan does not exist in you."

PEBBLES
FIFTY-ONE
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply