but im a sunflower, a little funny

pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Apr 16, 2020 20:00:06 GMT

341 WORDS

The sun shone brightly over Clan territory, reflecting blindingly on the waters. It was relatively quiet at Sunning Stones today, much to Pearfrost's surprise. She could definitely use a little peace and quiet. The merging of the Clans resulted in much commotion as cats made new friends, and new enemies. 

She stretched herself out on a large stone. It was slightly warm. She remembered back to the days in her youth when GorgeClan actually owned this place under Bonestar. Pearfrost had come here often just to sun on the rocks and hide away from everyone else. It had been a long time since she had a chance to do so again. At least, that was one good thing about the Clans merging.

The small patched cat rolled around on her belly and peered over the edge of the stone at the water below. She batted at the cold water once or twice. It was soothingly cool. Her reflection stared calmly back at her. When she saw herself in the many rivers around CreekClan territory, she tried not to be reminded of her family. Peachwish, that she had once been so jealous of, was gone now. Plumdew, that she had once competed so fiercely with, was also gone now. There was no motherly Snowbriar to scold her. And yet she felt little victory.

It was not until they were all gone did Pearfrost realize how strongly she had still cared for them all. They did have good times, once, in their younger days. But she did not treasure them. Well, if I'm to stay with the Clans, I might as well try to make some friends, she grumbled to herself. She was getting restless wandering around all alone. Then again, who would want to be friends with her? A runty, sour, former-Bonestar follower. 

A snap of twigs startled her out of her thoughts, and she jolted to her feet. As if it were StarClan answering her grumbling, some cat disturbed her peace. 

"Who might it be that's so kindly coming out here to keep me company?" she gave a sarcastic purr. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
Sootbear Avatar
Sootbear
Oneclan
Apr 22, 2020 17:57:41 GMT

The rustling of a vole nibbling on a seed was the primary focus of the smoke faded tom, pale verdant oculars narrowed on the animal of flesh and bone. Only he ruined it by clumsily stepping on a twig, effectively causing the rodent to scurry away with no hope of Sootbear catching it. A soft sigh escaped his parted muzzle, a slight frown coming across his maw. "Perhaps I'm not meant to be a hunter." Teeth and claws will always come easier to the brute, if the many scars and his two torn ears said something about the life of hardship he's lived, he didn't know what would. He was born a killer and he'd die a killer. No amount of running would prevent him from admitting to his violent nature. The demon inside him was always there... lurking just under the surface and a constant presence in the fore front of his mind.

A sharp - distinctly feminine - purred called out, drawing Sootbear's attention. "Ah... if it isn't the loveliest cat of them all." Sootbeat whispered softly to himself as he pushed his way through the underbrush that clung to his thick fur. "It's just me." The tom replied back calmly as he made his presence known, finally reaching the clearing that housed the Sunning Stones. His solemn green eyes looked towards the tiny she-cat, who might he had, he uncomfortably dwarfed in size. In his eyes, she was like an apprentice, but he knew better. She was older and just as capable at ending life as he was.

"Calm yourself," Sootbear whispered out, barely audible to the woman standing a few mouse-lengths in front of him. After that Sootbear just stood there, head tilted slightly to the left as he studied the she-cat in front of him.

304 ● ● what a haunted boy ;w;
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Warrior
Devi
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Apr 25, 2020 2:56:25 GMT

268 WORDS
@sootbear

NOTES

Pearfrost jolted to her feet. The deep-toned answer startled her. Honestly, she had not expected the cat to actually answer her. She was being sarcastic, and instead was answered with a solemn 'it's just me.' As she sat up, her amber gaze met that of Sootbear. 

This large tom had survived with her through Bonestar's rule. She respected him, perhaps even feared him a little. But surprisingly enough, the two never cared much to talk to each other. She knew from the way he fought that he was not a light-hearted cat. 

Well if StarClan sent this cat to be my friend, I'm absolutely doomed, she mused to herself.

"Sootbear," she greeted as warmly as the small icy she-cat ever does. Pearfrost refused to let the tom's seriousness get to her. "Care for a little sun? Must be tiring holding that straight face of yours." 

She swept her tail over the long, flat stones. The sun sparkled on the water nearby. Pearfrost was rather wary with her awkward attempt to socialize. She absolutely refused to be fake, but at the same time, she doubted the appeal of her real personality. In the past, she had gone through life focused on other things. Now that she didn't know what to focus on, she found that she had little experience making friends. 

"How are you getting along?" she offered a morsel of conversation. How did cats make small talk like this all the time? Pearfrost hated conversation without purpose. She was sure her sister Peachwish had been good at it, hence the popularity. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
Sootbear Avatar
Sootbear
Oneclan
May 7, 2020 22:31:29 GMT

For a moment Sootbear just stood there watching Pearfrost as she jumped to her paws, startled by his presence. A twitch of his head and uncomfortable shuffle of his paws were telltale signs of his nervousness. "Sorry..." he trailed off awkwardly, whisper barely loud enough for the she-cat standing across to him. For a while longer he continued to stand there awkwardly, eyes looking anywhere but at Pearfrost. He held nothing against her even if she was a little more eager to maim someone than he was. The smokey tom valued her as a comrad in arms, someone who was reliable in a fight. If the man had to compare the both of them, he'd likely conclude that he's be the calm before the storm and she'd be very much the storm to his wrath.

The sound of Pearfrost's voice speaking his name shook him from his revere, head snapping towards the she-cat as he stared intensely at her, pale leaf green eyes shining curiously. Her proposition honestly confused him. It wasn't often he'd found himself welcomed let alone offered to relax in the presence of a clanmate. The hesitation on his part had nothing to do with Pearfrost, but rather his confusion in her offering they sun together, especially since they rarely spoke. Did she not hear the rumors floating about him? Had she been so ignorant of how the clan treated him as an outsider, someone to be wary of? The look of utter confusion he gave her made him feel helpless. "You do not care about what they whisper about me?" He asked her stoically, green eyes boring into her in an attempt to both gauge her reaction and reasoning behind inviting him. He ignored her jib, already used to the poisonous words and reactions of his clanmates. "Or are you so desperate for company you'd risk being seen spending time with me?" It was hard to keep the deep growl out of his words, mouth tightening into a frown as he glared hotly at the she-cat.

However, his anger and annoyance at her vanished as quickly as it appeared. A heavy sigh escaped from his lips, shoulders sagging like he just rid himself of a heavy load. A brief forlorn look crossed his features before he wiped it away. His voice lost its hard edge as he bowed his head in a brief apology. "No... that's not you're way. You are being honest, truthful. You do not deserve such speculation from me." He made sure to look at her once more, eager to prove his honesty to his horrible apology. If there was one thing Sootbear knew about Pearfrost was her no non-sense manner and her blunt honesty. He actually valued those traits, finding them as a breath of fresh air to the usual whispers he'd catch and the cold shoulders he'd have to endure. Letting out another sigh the large tom slowly, hesitantly, made his way towards the she-cat, resting on the stone she had waved at with her tail. He carefully and adeptly avoided the spots of water, not too eager to touch the wet substance and create a heavy feeling in his fur.

While not close to Pearfrost he made sure to lightly brush his feather-like tail against her flank in silent gratitude, trying to voice what he could not properly with words. Then he made himself comfortable, laying down on the flat stone and soaked up the warmth. "Things have been... decent?" He couldn't help on how his reply came out more as another question than an answer. "Nothing good can come of this convergence even if it's to help battle the spore." He clarified, finally concluding his words with a mumble. "too much history to just push aside." Sootbear added before returning Pearfrost's question out of obligation, "how about you?"

643 ● ● this took an unexpected turn for me o.o
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Warrior
Devi
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
May 9, 2020 20:31:24 GMT

352 WORDS
@sootbear

Well, this was certainly a cat that wallowed. Pearfrost mused to herself. She pitied few cats, and whatever it be his past that he spoke of, she did not care. Sure, she had heard of the rumors that he murdered his own mate, or that his loner origins were not so pleasant. But Pearfrost had never been the cat to respect someone with clean paws. 

A cat's life needed a little spice, you know? 

"Oh, oh yes, I am just so desperate for company. I much prefer you to the imaginary friends that I have or that snotty apprentice Alpha," Pearfrost began her words rather sarcastically, but wavered a little and began to speak in a little more serious. Was there an issue with admitting she was lonely? She was a cat, after all.

"Yea, I'm not exactly popular. You should worry about being seen with me, lest you enjoy getting on Littlebird's bad side," Pearfrost admitted. 

To her surprise, the smokey tom actually decided to settle beside her in the sun. Well, the sunny rocks were hard to resist in such nice weather. Pearfrost was inclined to blame it on the temptation of the peaceful setting, but who knows? Maybe being friendly could pay off for once. To her further shock, he answered her question and returned it back at her.

"I am..." Pearfrost was not too sure how to answer a question about herself without inserting her nasty sense of humor. She currently did not live a life she was proud of, and she could not pin down what her goal was anymore. The convergence of the Clans had only made that worse. Was she supposed to enjoy feeding the mouths of those they used to battle? Such a ridiculous notion.

"I am just alright. Healthy. If anything, this OneClan ordeal has helped other Clans forget my crimes under Bonestar. I'm not sure if I want that though, or if it's a good thing. Our victories with Bonestar used to be something that everyone was proud of. What do you live for now, Sootbear?" 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
Sootbear Avatar
Sootbear
Oneclan
May 10, 2020 18:16:50 GMT

The tom cocked his head towards the molly, staring blankly at her as he registered her complaints silently. It definitely wasn't something he could just sweep under the bush and in all honesty he recognized Pearfrost making an effort to talking to him. Even if it was a little on the sorry side. He didn't speak for a while, letting himself come up with a response to her question. He did not know what he lived for, why he continued to fight when in all honesty he should give up. A heavy despondent sigh escaped from him and finally he spoke. "I suppose I live for myself," he said. It wasn't a very elaborate or moving reply, but in a sense it was the truth. He learned that living for others was hard. Everyone placed expectations on him and when he failed to meet those lofty ideas he inevitably made them disappointed in him. Sure it might have been the easy way out, but in all honesty it was the most realistic.

The thought of his son came to mind. He could have said he lived for Erminepaw and in a sense he did, but Sootbear couldn't stand the thought of disappointing the look alike tom. He had already did that with his mate and he would not make the same fetal mistake twice. "I do not think they forget... just merely look the other way for the time being." Sootbear couldn't help but add, giving the she-cat a pointed look. "Don't forget we live in a viper's nest," he warned and while he had full faith that Pearfrost could handle herself, he couldn't help but point out the age if Bonestar was gone. Littlebird was in charge and majority of Gorgeclan saw Bonestar's reign as a era to be horrified and ashamed of. He couldn't blame them personally as he had no real opinion on the tom himself and held no real loss of sleep over the crimes he committed, none being as bad as the ones he did as a rogue. However, he was very much aware of the hostility and tension directed at him and if human nature proved anything to him throughout the moons, it was that animosity came in many forms. When you least expected it, that would be when they stroked. Hopefully Pearfrost had the experience and intelligence to heed his words.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Hetero
Warrior
Devi
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Jun 3, 2020 3:52:58 GMT

295 WORDS
@sootbear
probing
probing
Lol

In the end, Pearfrost was a rather witty and playful cat. She looked the large gray tom up and down. It reminded her of many stern, stoic toms that had little personality otherwise. They came off as rather boring, the only fun in it was making them open up.

Pearfrost was not a cat to care about awkwardness. She listened to Sootbear's curt and brief words. They revealed nothing of his past or personality. She smiled.

"Well, you aren't much for conversation, huh?" she teased. It was easy to tell that Sootbear was likely more cautious than this feisty molly. Pearfrost never bothered to pick her battles. She fought for what she believed in and what she wanted, a hundred percent of the time with a hundred percent of her effort.

"You were a rogue once, no? Tell me about that," she rolled over on her side as if to attempt to get the tom to warm up to her. "For all the hate that I get just existing in the Clan, I'm not going to lie, I've thought about leaving. I guess the only thing that's keeping me is that mouse-brain of an apprentice Alpha."

And maybe the thought of a few others. Falconcry. Stonetooth. But Pearfrost refused to genuinely believe that she had formed connections she was attached to in OneClan. Sooner or later, she thought, they were bound to turn on her.

The same way that her father and Clan had before. 

"If you truly 'live for yourself,' why don't you go back to being a loner or rogue?" she queried. She asked the question with little inhibition or caution. She had no inkling of how sensitive a cat's past life could be.

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO

Quick Reply