a certain aroma

applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Nov 12, 2019 1:14:42 GMT

had she always been this flustered by the attention of those around her

the morning had begun as one would expect, a rather annoyed and snappy applecloud - the almost complete opposite of her namesake - had risen before the dawn had even had a chance to sniff. her paws had carried her to the felines who would be heading out to mark their borders and ensure that gorgeclan remained in their place and that creekclan would not be greedy and seek more land for the pain and suffering they had endured.

the tom she had awoken last for the patrol and muttered a five more minutes beautiful, that had earned him a swift paw to the back of his skull before he fled. she had, had zero tolerance for most things, and the fact that the tom had the audoicity to assume flattery would earn him a few more minutes of sleep was beyond her. the course of the moments following, had her father snickering from where he laid in the far corner of the warriors den, and knowing her father would tell her grandfather.

ears hot as the rocks during the hottest day of green-leaf, the she-cat had stormed from the den in a fury of white, orange and black. her long pelt brush against the taller strands of grass, while her long legs carried her gracefully across the clan. she barked orders for a hunting patrol later that day, before announcing she would be out hunting alone near the lavender field should spiritstar or anyone require her assistance.

she had left in a hast, her paws carrying her across the moorland with an ease that many would think almost impossible. an impossible idea of just changing course and not going to the location she had desired crossed her mind, but knowing her commitment, her desire to be at the ready for her clan mates, called her to the field of lavender. she could smell it before she even reached it fully, and the she-cat felt almost at ease with the alluring smells that engulfed her.

"finally" she meowed to herself, allowing her eyes to close slowly, her body to release the negative tension she had awoken with. as much as she knew she would hunt for her clan - in those moments, she needed the peace and the aroma to swallow her whole. she did not even notice the way her body began to become more lax, or how her eyes slowly began to droop. but soon she found herself in a light rest, her ears perked for sounds of danger or trouble, but soon - that too became ineffective, as the she-cat slowly drifted into a light slumber.

bare with my horrible mess of a post

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Nov 12, 2019 5:28:10 GMT
SPIRITSTAR
Spiritstar was not as early of a riser as his deputy, though this was not to say he was by any means lazy. Merely, having no doubt Applecloud could handle her duties as well as she did every other day since he appointed her, he preferred to allow the dawn to awaken him. So, eyes blinking open at the sunlight filtering through the leaves above, the tom sat up in his nook of the intertwined trees and stretched. Jaws gaping briefly in a yawn, Spiritstar allowed himself to peer around a moment through sleep blurred yellow eyes, before chuckling at the sight a a younger tom below with a field mouse held proudly in his jaws.

Tail swishing in greeting, Spiritstar languidly prowled along a thick branch, before leaping down to another and springing to the ground, paws carrying him easily toward the warrior before he settled down in the grass not far from the tree's base. The mouse was promptly deposited at his paws, and he offered the younger male a playful wink. "Remind me I owe you repayment for such a lovely catch so early in the morning."

The tom was quick to fluster, stumbling over words that aimed to wave off a need for payment, before he dipped his head to scurry off. Something about a sparring session with a couple of denmates to keep his skills sharp. Amused, the tom shook his head fondly, before digging into his meal. All the while, he kept his ears attentively pricked until the moment he ran his tongue in satisfaction over his jaws before surveying the camp.

Not seeing his target of the moment, though not entirely surprised either, Spiritstar took a brief moment to groom, especially taking care that his snowy markings and single white paw shone like freshly fallen snow as they always ought to, before padding calmly around the base of the tree to see if he could catch the familiar scent.

"You'll find her in the Lavender Fields my boy, though you might have some competition."

"Competition, you say? Well that just won't do."

Ears flicking to catch the voice of the senior warrior who had spoken to him, Spiritstar smirks up into the branches without even bothering to deny they knew who he sought. Dipping his head in thanks, the tom turned and bounded away into the grasses, destination easily set. He would not need a scent trail for this, though he already had some ideas of what to expect. Generally cats came to the fields for relaxation, Applecloud especially when something sought to frustrate or upset her. Well, what were friends for but to comfort each other, right?

It did not take the tom long once the scent of lavender clouded his senses to spot the long-haired calico resting among the soothing blooms. However, he did keep his chuckle beneath his breath as he noted her dozing state. Well then, not so much the early bird after all. Tail swaying smoothly behind him, Spiritstar moved with strides of practiced silence, ears pricked and tail lifted above the flowers in both confidence and an attempt to avoid brushing against them. Soon enough, he found himself at the side of his deputy, unceremoniously lying himself down beside her, pressing the short black fur of his side against her color-splashed pelt as he lowered his chin to his paws.

"Rough morning, my dear?" He hummed, a purr accenting his playful tone as he cast her a side glance through half-lidded golden eyes. "Who shall we grant apprentice duties today?"

Notes | Edit: Boom table added yay
Tagged |

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Nov 20, 2019 3:02:22 GMT

perhaps all these early mornings are getting to me

the sway of the gentle breeze, the comforting smell of lavender and the peace that sank around her lulled the young she-cat into a slumber. not fully into a state that would cause her to be completely unaware of her surroundings - but still enough to make her sluggish to any attack if one was to occur. however, for the pretty young calico, she was lucky enough (tho, she would say, unlucky) that no such threat came to her that day.

instead, the gentle press of a body against hers was enough to shake the slumber from her shoulders. her eyes fluttered open, testing the light around her as she allowed her senses to awaken one by one. touch had been the first to rise, followed by sight and as she tasted the air, smell. the scent - all to familiar - sank into her and for a moment she wished herself back into that slumber. while her amber eyes flicked towards the short-haired black tom, her eyes glazed over his face, noting his crescent moon and star that rested in the center of his forehead.

her commented on her morning, something she figured he would not have. who is informing spiritstar of my dealings? she pondered for a moment, before raising a brow at his comment of apprentice duties. ah... bumbleswipe's comment. her thoughts confirmed, a slow but dark smile pulling at the corners of her tired face. thinking for a moment, her lips formed the name with a slow, but dangerous note. "bumbleswipe," looking back at the tom with a curious face, she she-cat added with a rather curious note.

"although, he seems to understand now, unlike some cats." her voice was hard and hinted towards the leader. a-many a times he had come across and said something akin to flirtation towards her, and while she had rebuffed him, it seemed to only encourage the older feline. as much as she hated to admit it, it was nice to hear from time to time. with no other agenda other than to tease her - she assumed - it made for a very real confidence booster. not that she would ever admit that to the tom beside her.

licking her lips she turned to look towards the sky, letting the breeze run over her longer fur, thinking of what the day held for them. "are you sure it is wise for you to be outside camp at this time? with the deaths of mistfeather and tallstep, to this... disease, we can not have you falling ill." while the illness itself seemed to have vanished after the two felines had been infected, it was something applecloud would not rest for. she wanted to ensure her leader's safety.

sorry for the wait, and the crappy post. ;-; still getting used to her.

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Nov 21, 2019 5:48:57 GMT
SPIRITSTAR
While the contact did wake his deputy as predicted, the calico did not so much as move away from his touch, much less cuff him over the ears or deal out some other form of retribution that she deemed to be fitting. In that regard, he took it as a win, though decided that commenting on it would certainly be a push of his questionable luck. Instead, he contented himself internally with the amusing thought of her starting to soften toward his antics.

Bumbleswipe, however, did not seem to have garnered the same level of fortune.

The almost twisted expression and dark tone, however playful he knew its root to be, caused to tom to chuckle fondly. "Well then, not much competition there I suppose," he mused, reminiscing on his own amusing little conversation that had led him to this very moment. Still, Spiritstar feigned offense at her following comment, no matter the amusement that glimmered in his eyes as he offered a fake, pained gasp for effect.

"Applecloud, you wound me," he spurred back, flopping into the lavender at her side, though refusing to draw away from her touch without her insistence. While his eyes had fallen momentarily shut, he peeked them open again and smirked up at her, taking a moment to let his gaze rove over her dappled snowy pelt, before aiming to hold her amber gaze. "How could you ever expect me not to give such a vision to compliments she so deserves? I solemnly promise I have no ulterior motives - anything that happens to come of it is merely the fortune of the stars."

He could not resist throwing his deputy a playful wink, before twisting back onto his stomach, ears pricking to catch her more serious tone, even as his own gaze remained trained upon her rather than following her own on its idle drift toward the sky. Sobering himself slightly, Spiritstar leveled her a look that aimed toward reassurance, paired with a tone flavored equally so. "I assure you I am just fine, I am no more use holed up in camp than I am out here," he pointed out, before his tone took on a slightly more distant note. "Besides...we don't even know the source...who is to say camp is much safer?"

Shaking his head softly, the tom found himself naturally falling back on his playful attitude to lighten the mood again, more twisting slightly with amusement, however subtler than before. "Anyway, I have much more to do for Starclan before I join them, so don't you go counting on replacing me just yet."

Notes | Shush it was a lovely post
Tagged |

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Nov 22, 2019 20:47:20 GMT

unaware, that was the word she was going to use when asked later about the closeness she shared with her leader at this moment. perhaps the day had dawned on her that she needed to relax more, or perhaps he had caught her in a rather more pleasant mood than normal. most felines rather knew of her colder side - starclan only knowing why she had been given the suffix -cloud. however, as she laid beside her leader she pondered if she should really at all be giving him a reaction.

not much competition?! her thoughts roared to life as she shifted herself just slightly away as to stare full-heartedly at the black-haired tom with a look of utter shock and annoyance. how dare he. her eyes narrowed into slits as the tom spoke of wounding him, his eyes were closed, until they weren't and she felt a hot flash rush through her body as his eyes roamed her pelt. he did not! her inner thoughts roared as the tom so openly beheld her appearance as if she was on display.

fortune of the stars?! she thought more, realizing she was repeating him within her mind's eye. jaws parted, she meowed back in an annoyed tone. "perhaps your unintentional intentions would be better put to use with another." a matter of fact statement as she lifted her nose to the air. "the stars have nothing to do with how one makes another feel, or behave." she stressed the word as her eyes flickered to the tom's face. how she would love to rub mud into his handsome face, a smirk crossed her face at the stunned expression the tom would most certainly have to wear.

the mood - or whatever it was - was ruined by her grave comment. it had only been within the last moon they had lost two cats to this illness. with his comment on if camp was safer, she had to agree with him on that. "but at least in camp, skywhisker is only but a whisker away..." her unsure worry was placed out in the open. while her leader was the bane of her existence most days, she could not think of another she would willingly follow. upon his remark of not joining starclan and her not replacing him, her own rare playful smirk rose on her face, lighting her up.

"a pity really, and applestar has such a nice ring to it." she meowed, feeling more natural in her voice and movements as she swatted her fluffier tail towards the short-haired feline beside her. she knew in her heart and mind that she was not ready for that title, and that her desire - while it was to rule moorclan one day - was to follow and believe in someone who truly felt they knew what was best for their clan. for applecloud, that meant spiritstar. "one can only hope, afterall, it's merely the fortune of the stars isn't it?" she added with a playful wink towards her leader.

apple: i wanna be playful. good. die spirit. jk dont i love you.

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Nov 23, 2019 1:37:46 GMT
SPIRITSTAR
While far from a warm receival to his playful teasing and admittedly childish antics, her response was certainly not unexpected. In fact, it was less extreme than a swat to the face or her storming off in a huff, and she only put so much distance between them as to glare at him incredulously. Internally, he took that as a win, though spared her from a victorious grin.

Still, he did offer a light chuckle to her dismissal of him, casting her a look that implied he did not know from what realm such a thought could occur, even if he were not even slightly surprised by her words as it was. "Ridiculous. Who is to say I should have eyes for anyone else? I will have you know I am perfectly loyal, dear," he combated smoothly, flirtations slipping from his maw as naturally and calmly as talk of prey and weather. Really, though, many in camp could confirm that she received the brunt of his attention, even if he himself had yet to discern a reason for this. Maybe she was simply more fun to tease, he often told himself. It was especially rewarding when she deigned to play along.

"You are not wrong on that note, though," he conceded to her rebuttal of his talk of stars. No matter how much he thanked Starclan for nigh every good that happened and pondered upon their possible advise for anything bad, he knew well enough despite his supposed connection that they were not the cause of everything. In the end, they could only guide those below, not control them. "That is all up to us."

Her note on their healer, though, received a hum of agreement, and his sigh seemed entirely out of place as compared to his playful laughter and teasing. "That is true, but I will not merely sit idly by when there is so much to be done before Leaf-bare. I have more lives to spare than anyone else," he noted, and while his tone was gentle, it did hold a note of stubbornness to it that showed he would not be submitting to an idle existence. Still, he would offer a compromise all the same, hoping to at least give her some assurance. "However, if it will ease your mind, I promise to take it easier come Leaf-bare, and if I start feeling off I will visit Skywhisper immediately. You'll have to be rather convincing to keep me on camp rest, though."

That was as much as he was willing to relent, for now. He always did have a stubbornness to him.

A swat of a fluffy tail and a playful smirk was enough to lighten the mood again, prompting Spiritstar to gasp in mock offense. "Oh does it, now? Careful, vie for my position too much and you might spend a day as Applepaw as retribution," he chuckled, amusement dancing in his eyes. Alongside this amusement, though, was a fondness he did not seek to hide. That was, before he scoffed playfully at her next comment, the way she echoed his former words she had before so vehemently rejected. "Ha, so you'll agree to that at my expense, will you?" He observed, his own raven-furred tail swatting playfully toward her.

Notes | Pfft these two are a laugh
Tagged |

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Nov 27, 2019 3:25:34 GMT

she had expected a grin, something to bring about his smugness that would show he had won over her this time. thankfully nothing of the sorts came to pass, and the tom was more or less being humble with his reactions. humble, spiritstar, hardly. she thought as she spoke to the tom, listening to his light chuckle at her dismissal of his advances. had this been another life, another time, one in which she had not had to live under the shadow of her estrange grandmother and her hopeless ways, perhaps she could have fallen easily into his paws.

loyal. a term she had heard and used to describe herself. in all terms of the word she would go down fighting for the things she loved. those things mostly included her clan and grandfather, but she did not care much for her own father. whiskers twitching, the she-cat knew that he must have teased or tormented others, but for some reason his eyes seemed to always fall upon her as his next victim. puffing out her fur in annoyance, she let the softest of huffs escape her maw as she turned her head away from him. loyal, perhaps, committed - never. her thoughts of her leader trailed into the abyss of her own mind.

with her remark on the stars, she felt the frustration in her ease. he had agreed with her comment, and likewise she nodded in agreement with his. she had almost figured he would have agreed more with starclan being the controlling factor in their lives, however the she-cat also knew that he shared a stronger connection with them. one she had hoped she would one day have as well. looking him over, she mused that he must know more, starclan, afterall, gave him nine lives. she pondered on if he had lost any without telling her, but she doubted that as well. 

has he lost any lives? would he tell me if he had? she wondered to herself, expressing the smallest amount of worry as she wondered if their trust ran that deep. they spoke of skywhisker, and of how he had more than enough lives to spare. a small part of her wanted to know why he would want to waste the gift of their ancestors. but she tossed the thought aside when he mentioned his commitment to her request, adding in a convincing notice at the end. something in her twisted the smallest of smiles onto her face as she seemed to lean closer for the brief moment. "aye, and i could be very convincing..."

applepaw! she felt the smallest of giggles escape her maw. not one to chuckle or deeply laugh, the string of her own laughter caused her to snap her jaws together tightly. "name me applepaw for a day, and you'll find yourself wishing you were spiritkit again." she teased with a playful hiss. upon the playful swat back towards her, she lifted her paw to push at the tom's shoulder. "of course, but if that was to happen - you would surely haunt my dreams each night." she meowed, aloud with a smirk. "i much enjoy my peace and quiet, while slumbering away." 

can i just say i adore these two. ;-;

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Nov 27, 2019 6:31:59 GMT
SPIRITSTAR
While his deputy would often roll her eyes or get annoyed, and sometimes to his preference even join in his banter and teasing, she had yet to flirt back with him. So, as a smile curled onto her maw and she leaned in a little closer, words of being convincing trailing off...well, it may not have been how she intended it to come across, but as the flirt he was, the tom certain knew how he would have meant it.

Thus, he found himself briefly at a loss for words, barely even blinking as he let her gaze draw him in.

Only for a giggle to interrupt his thoughts.

Torn from his brief lapse, the tom chuckled at that, not at all offended by her rebuke after the beautiful sound of her laughter deigned to bless his ears however briefly. She was not much for laughing, really, and oftentimes the tom would find himself acting a fool in attempts to bring it about. No different than now. "And here I thought I was enough of a pawful already," he teased, eyes glittering with amusement. "Are you certain you would want to deal with me as a kit?"

"You wouldn't be able to take your eyes off me for a second." Leaning a little closer, he peered straight into her eyes with a daring smirk. "Could you live like that?"

Unsurprisingly, he earned a shove against his shoulder, and his head swung around to playfully nip toward her paw, certain of course to never harm her. Not that she could not handle herself. he had far more faith in her than that. She was smirking too, now, and it drew his gaze as he instead offered something falsely hurt. "Are you saying I would be unwelcome?" he huffed back, though did not bother to hide the amusement in his eyes as he settled back down on his side once more, arching his head to peer back at the lavender as though speaking his thoughts aloud without intent. "You're perfectly welcome in mine. In fact, it would not be the first time you graced them."

While he did not let the thought linger too deeply upon its implications, Spiritstar could not deny the truth of his playful confession. For the most part his dreams were tormenting, darker memories and regrets, fear of who he might be deep down and who he worried he would become, worries that he simply could not escape in terms of the fate of his clan...yet they were not always so nightmarish. Sometimes, they softened a little, and in those moments, if not Cherrybloom...it was often Applecloud who would guide him from the dark, be it the brush of her pelt, the sound of her voice, or her honey amber eyes.

Notes | Honestly same I am so glad these two exist lol
Tagged |

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Dec 12, 2019 3:06:23 GMT

she felt her eyes roll at the thought of him as a kitten. while her mouth had moved at it's own accord, the idea of spiritstar before her, tiny and kitten-like made her want to rip her ears off. the idea of any kitten sired by him, almost caused her stomach to roll. perhaps he would find a mate one day, and that day when those kits required a mentor, she would be there to mentor them into proper shape. not this flirtatious mess. "i am certain I could whip you into shape as a kitten." she meowed with certainty. 

with his body leaning closer, his voice daring her to think of her eyes on him at all times, she realized her mistake and shook her head. "i guess i could not," she meowed allowed, looking away in mock thoughtfulness. "i'd have to stare at that claw-shape moon on your forehead and wish it to be a target for any pebbles or sharp objects in my immediate surroundings." a thought, thought aloud as she rolled her eyes once more. when she shoved him, he turned to nip at her paw and she felt a smirk widen on her face.

had she been younger, had she been not related to harestar and felt the overwhelming desire to prove all those wrong that she was not her grandmother, she could have tackled the older male beside her. pushed him to the ground with a playful yelp. however, her paw only drew away - her mask slowly slipping into place as she tilted her head at him. she had mentioned him being unwelcome in her dreams, and he had mentioned she would be welcome in his. and not a first? she shivered at the thought of that.

did she walk his dreams of pity and pain, or annoyance? was that why he tormented her so in the waking world. sighing, she turned away from her leader, her tormentor... her friend; and gazed into the sky with a thought. perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to dream a sweet dream of us. but she dare not let that thought echo into reality. shaking herself, she turned to look back at spiritstar, something in her compelling her to speak the thoughts that raced through her mind. perhaps if she admit that she wanted him to be true to only her - it would scare him away.

"spiritstar," she began, looking almost troubled with her wording. "there is something i have wanted to ask of you for som-" her voice was cut off by the stumbling of paws and the crashing of an orange pelt over her tail. leaping to her paws in pain and anger, the she-cat turned almost immediately to find the young sunpaw standing before them, his ears flatten frighteningly against his skull. "what do you want?" she asked annoyed, her mask fully in place at that moment, as all playful and serious curiosity left her.

'the patrol came back, they found something by the border and need you there... and mo-mother was looking for spiritstar.' the young apprentice stumbled over his words. with a sigh of annoyance, applecloud turned to look at her leader with an annoyed expression. "you've been summoned to camp, and i to the border. perhaps teach this furball to watch where he is walking." she meowed annoyed, awaiting her leader to leave with the apprentice who seemed eager to be out of her presence.

I'LL LEAVE IT OPEN FOR YOU TO CLOSE. FEEL FREE TO PLAY SUNPAW GOING BACK TO CAMP WITH YOU.

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Dec 13, 2019 0:41:04 GMT
SPIRITSTAR
To her teasing the tom gasped playfully, his single snow-tipped paw reaching to brush the crescent marking in question. "So cruel," he admonished, teasingly, as he peered across at her in false offense. "No wonder everyone questions what I see in you," he added with a chuckle, swiping said snowy paw toward her teasingly.

Really though, no matter her downfalls, it was hard to miss her better qualities as well. Undeniably, he could not have chosen a better deputy, and Spiritstar supposed he would be hard pressed to find a better friend as well. So what if he irked her sometimes - they were both there for each other in the end, right?

That was all that mattered.

As his attention was called back toward Applecloud by a troubled tone, Spiritstar sobered and rolled onto his stomach, glancing toward her in concern. Already he was prepared to wave off more concerns for his health regarding the Spore, yet still he reamined silent as he waited. It was not often he saw her look so out of sorts, and his gaze softened considerably with something of a wary concern. In truth a complete flip of his former playful state, though he never had been the most straight forward tom.

Unfortunately, it would seem now was not the time to hear what she had to say.

With a jolt, Spiritstar's gaze snapped toward essentially a smaller image of his beloved sister, an ear flicking in turn as Applecloud cut off whatever she was about to say in order to reprimand the apprentice. Snapping his own jaws shut, the tom promptly sat up and narrowed his eyes toward his nephew, a little discouraged at the sudden halt to whatever his deputy had been about to say, but not about to take it out on the poor apprentice who just happened to stumble in at the wrong time.

"Come on Sunpaw, let's head off then," the tom sighed, giving the apprentice a warm blink as he steered him away with his tail. "And make sure you watch those paws of yours, what will you bring back to your mother if you scare off all the prey, huh?" Chuckling softly at the younger tom, Spiritstar gestured his apprentice on ahead, before turning back to Applecloud with an imploring look as he lowered his voice.

"Come speak to me about it later, alright?"

With that, the tom turned and trotted off after his apprentice, easily noticing the relief of the young tom as they left the deputy behind. Part of Spiritstar hoped one day his young nephew would see what he saw. No matter what temper she may harbor, in the end there was little Applecloud wouldn't do for her clan.

He was lucky to have her by his side.

Notes | Bye bye thread!
Tagged |

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION

Quick Reply