just let me adore you

applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Apr 16, 2020 0:24:10 GMT
APPLECLOUD

she froze where she stood, among the reeds and wetlands that came with creekcl- oneclan's territory, she waited. after four moons of being ill, letting the spore rampage through her body, feeling as if starclan themselves was waiting for her. she was recovered, or so the medicine cat's had said when she showed up at the border, baring no illness and smelling of fresh clean water. she had looked a drowned rat, demanding she felt better and that her lungs and the smell of musk was no longer lingering in her nose. she had been brought back to camp three days later after the medicine cat's meeting, and there she had avoided all chances of speaking to her former leader, spiritstar - now .

part of her felt wronged by the tom, how he had so willingly given up his title and leader's name. however, the thought of being near him sank her heart as she could recall the promise he had sworn to uphold - to let her go when the time was right and if she was to fall ill. he had not, she had remained quarantined just outside of camp in a makeshift den, where her medicine cat would drop prey and herbs to help with her breathing and pain. she could hear the murmurs of her clan wondering if she had died in the night, and when the news of a quarantine camp arose, she was stronger - but still ailing. she lead many of her moorclan sicklings to the camp, content with helping them, hunting, being away from them.

she dreamt of her stupid leader's face each night, unaware at that time that it was something stronger then mere attraction. now, almost a moon into her release, and in her sweet embrace of freedom, she knew what those dreamfilled nights, those sleepless nights were. 'you're in love with the old fool.' she thought, whiskers twitching annoyingly. it had been with that deep understanding that she wanted to meet him face to face for the first time, hold a conversation with him. she had asked an apprentice to seek out spiritsong and to tell him to meet her at the sunny rocks, whether they were to hunt or to talk it would be how she felt in that moment.

to her delight, though her face was concealing it with a blank almost expressionless look, she turned her eyes to him and waited for him to get closer before meowing a calm, but cold; "spiritsong." in greeting.
| 000 WORDS
WELP, HERE WE GO. tots not wanting to add, if you are okay with it, perhaps when she fell ill, during one of her hazes she told spirit she cared deeply for him, but she doesnt remember. lol.
template by punki of pixel perfect

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Apr 16, 2020 2:29:44 GMT
SPIRITSONG
To have his attention summoned by a Gorgeclan apprentice as though they were any other of his clan still felt strange to Spiritsong. The little she seemed to find it a little uncomfortable too, as though it was not her right to speak to him. However, it was simply the way it was, now, and the tom had to remember that. Besides, no matter what authority he still held among the survivors...he was n longer leader of Moorclan. There was no more Moorclan. They were one, now, and he of all cats should be treating it that way. It was his idea, after all. It was necessary.

So, the tom greeted the apprentice as warmly as he would one he had seen grow within his own borders from kithood. It pleased him, to see the way she relaxed slightly at his greeting. Applecloud, it seemed, had asked her to seek him out. Likely she was the first idle cat she saw to send his way. Well, he had better not keep her waiting, then.

In someways, Spiritsong himself felt like an apprentice. This land was unfamiliar to him, still, as though he was learning the territory for the first time alongside his mentor. Of course, he knew enough to get around, to find prey, even to defend. But the way the reeds brushed his pelt and the leaves broke the sun overhead...it felt unnatural. Certainly not like home. Perhaps that was why Applecloud chose the destination she did. It was still close to where they may be needed, not like crossing to the stretch of moor beyond the marsh, but it was still more open than many other places, the sun filtering in to warm the rocks, the gentle bubbling of water below not unlike the brooks of home.

No...this was home now. At least until they were strong again.

The sunlight saw her coat to shine. It was the first thing the tom noticed as he approached, something he had since stopped himself from denying. She was beautiful, there was no doubt to that. To see her healthy again, Starclan's grip loosened on her life, well in truth it warmed his heart as much as she New-Leaf sun warmed their pelts. Yet her greeting...it slowed the smile creeping onto his maw, halted his step for a moment. It was so unlike the last time he had heard her voice before the quarantine, when she had...no, perhaps it had been the sickness talking. No one was ever in their right mind with that Spore, anyway. Besides, she was okay now, that mattered more than whatever she said in the moment.

Reflexively, he drew on his characteristic playful smirk, though perhaps it seemed a little less genuine than usual. Even so, he was quick to push aside his falter as he approached her, eyes glinting slightly as he left the unfamiliar shade of the trees. "Well, its lovely to see you too Applecloud," the tom offered lightheartedly, though there was a slight pause. He had broken his promise to her...he could not help but see it in her eyes. Yet- truly, it was the fear. He had to admit that, at least to himself. The dreams...when they truly became reality he could not bare to let her go, not like that.

Spiritsong pressed the thought aside, voice softening into something more genuine, more real. Yet his gaze strayed toward the water, the reflection of the sun. "I'm glad you're alright. I was worried."

Notes | Oop I will be changing his table this is just temporary to get the post out XD
Tagged |

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Apr 16, 2020 6:56:51 GMT
APPLECLOUD

she was frozen still, her maw clenched tight in both a silent frustration and an unyielding desire to smack the tom. a part of her had wished he had given in to her wishes, and yet a part of her had been so frighten, so terrified that she would die before anything would occur. now, she waited, her amber eyes carefully watching the older tom as he seemed to halt in his movement, something she was never once certain to have seen him do. perhaps i am to harsh on the old man. she thought, but her face remained locked, her eyes searching to see what he would say to her rather blunt gathering of words.

his tone caused her heart to clench and for a moment a sad expression launched across her face, flickering in with widen eyes, a frown, before disappearing into nothing once more. his smile was back almost in full swing then, and something in her body uncoiled itself, allowing a breath to escape her lips. he had approached her and it took near every muscle in her body to not launch herself into the pelt of the black and white tom. she sought for his eyes, but his gaze was elsewhere as he spoke, his worry and his glad-tidings for her health. something stirred in her heart, clenching at the thought of him worry over her when only just a moon before she had worried over him.

"no need to worry, not even this sickness could kill a bothersome old hag like myself." her face soften into a gentle smile, her tense muscles relaxing almost instinctively before him. "you were worried?" she asked, her eyes lowering to the ground as she finally found the courage in her steps to rise, something in her stomach pushing her forward, a clenching of her chest as she moved to stand but a mouse tail away from the tom - her eyes peering up into his face, seeking something, anything. "i missed you, you know." she meowed softly, almost to quiet for him to hear. "your stupid face and your stupid smile... it really did help me get through nights of isolation." she offered, looking almost guilty at the idea.

"i wanted you to know that, and that i forgive you... for being a mousebrain and not following my wishes." she closed her eyes for a moment, a smile on her maw. "you really did know what i needed at that time, my wish or not." Looking up at the tom she waited for him to reply.
| 000 WORDS
short, simple, kill me now. bed time

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Apr 17, 2020 2:28:23 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

SPIRITSONG

Dude just can't help himself I swear lol

For a moment, concern touched the tom, but it was wiped away just as quickly as she seemed to relax. There was a certain barrier between them, something that was not there the last time they spoke alone...but he could sense its frailty. It was simply a matter of figuring out what point was the weakest, what point her could break through. Untill then, Spiritsong fell back in old habits, a smirk twitching the corner of his maw.

"Only because I'd be worse to deal with than the wrath of the stars themselves if it did," he teased, though there was that inevitable light of truth to it. That same truth that saw him rush into her den in the middle of the night after seeing her die in his dreams. The same truth that had him itching to break past the quarantine just to find how she was, to risk his own life to the disease so she was not left alone with its claws in her pelt. He could swear that truth would be the death of him, even if he was not quite sure what it was.

That was a lie. Even he could never be so oblivious. Yet stubborn...that much he could be.

Finally, she closed the gap between them. So much so that his affirmation to her question found itself lost in her eyes, giving her the freedom to go on without interruption. No matter how borderline insulting, nor his briefly feigned offense to them, her words warmed his heart. To know she missed him gave a little more reason to that ache, and a little more hope to the thought that maybe those words she told him weren't just the result of a fever's grip.

To dismiss that look of guilt from her face, the tom chuckled softly, yellow eyes glinting as he peered at the molly before him. "Well, I was not about to let you rest easy, avoiding me like that." It was not so simple as that, not really, but it was a way to lighten the situation, to soften the gravity of it a little. Hopefully, to bring a smile back to her face, if he was lucky.

And it did. Perhaps not his words exactly, but a smile did alight her features, one that made his heart forget how to beat for a moment. So rare as it was...he had missed her smile, truly. He had not caught a glimpse of it beyond clipped words and distant eyes since she had returned. Her forgiveness though...the tom shook his head softly, though he willed himself to push aside his guilt all the time with a soft laugh. "And here I thought I was being selfish, not letting it take you too far."

For a moment, his eyes seemed to seek hers for permission, as though the contact he used to always initiate between them was now just outside of his bounds. After a moment, though, he closed the gap between them and sought to press his forehead against hers, a slight purr rumbling out for a brief moment before it faded for him to speak. "I missed you too, you know," he admitted, though there had been no doubt of that for sure. "I promised to let you go if I could not find a safe place. I never said I would not run myself into the ground looking for one."
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 0:43:25 GMT
APPLECLOUD

maybe she ought to seek his touch, his warm embrace and allow the comfort she knew it would bring her, engulf her.  her maw moved to mention how the spore itself could not rip her from this life, she was to miserable of a cat to be allowed into the realm of starclan, in fact she was almost to innocent to be allowed into the depths of the dark forest. perhaps her soul would forever limbo on the earth until she finally faded. licking her lips she drew in his words, of how he would be far worst than the wrath of the stars, and she felt her heart clench. 

she closed the gap between them. insulting him was her crutch, her fallback method - a comfort zone she knew she could play with. this feeling etching itself into her chest was something she had never experienced - nor had she ever thought she would experience in her lifetime. his soft chuckle warmed her skin, sending a flush and shiver slipping down her spin. with his voice lifting her head so she could gaze up at his face, she felt a smile tug at her lips. of course. she thought, rolling her eyes as the smile seemed to slip further, reaching her eyes as she felt a soft laugh escape her lips.

he spoke of not wanting her to go to far, that he had been selfish, or thought so. she had wanted to express that while his thoughtlessness had caused her to feel guilt beyond repair, even when those around her struggled more than she, she was grateful. that was why she knew she had to say the words on her mind. "not even death could separate us," she meowed, eyes blinking wide with her own smile. the spore had opened her eyes, the feeling of near drowning in her own lungs, the constant loom of death hanging in the air. "you would have had me haunting your dreams nightly." she teased, breathless for a moment as her smile dropped for a moment, her eyes closing at the thought of never feeling his fur against hers, the loss of his warmth.

the purr hit her first, brief and yet so sweet to her ears. it engulfed her and for a moment, it took her to realize he had pressed his forehead to hers. eyes fluttered open as her own purr seemed to rumble from her chest and engulf her whole body. when his own faded she felt like it had all been a dream, and she wanted to hear the sweet sound once more. longed for it almost, a sound she had missed since she had been locked away from the clan... from him. with his confirmation of missing her himself, her eyes flashed to search his, looking for any sign of what she felt, in his own. as he broke of keeping his promise, but running himself into the ground to find one, she shook her head, still pressed against his, her eyes closing and the smile playing on her maw.

"i guess you are right, spiritst-song." she meowed softly, opening her eyes to peer back at that tom before she drew back. she stared at him now, watching his face before her face gave way to it's stubborn but determined expression. shifting she moved to nestle under the tom's chin, pressing more of her body against the tom as if she had been depraved of it. she drew in a large breath, before finally settling into the tom beside her, wondering if he would move away or allow her to stay nestled up against him. "i do not think you would ever understand spiritsong," she started her eyes closed, trying to listen to the beating of the tom's heart, the rumble of his voice or the beginning of his purrs if he would grace her with it. 

| 000 WORDS
welp. enjoy.

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 4:28:29 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

SPIRITSONG

Head-cannoning now that Cherry called it lol

Haunting his dreams? Well, here he had thought that would be his role. Still, the tom laughed lightly, offering a slight shake of his head as though he disapproved. "Only my dreams?" he queried, peering down at her teasingly. To think it was just moons ago she might have batted him over the head for such a line of conversation. "How disappointing."

His tone was light, playful even, but a soft frown touched his face as Applecloud's smile fell. As though he could chase it back up into existence, he shifted a little closer to her, gaze seeking out her own. She used to smile so rarely, but now he hated to see anything other than that upon her face. That was, beyond the teasing smirks they often shared. Perhaps that was what drove him forward, that briefly missing smile. He could not think of a word to bring it back, but an action...well, if she was not going to soften and smile at the very least it would snap her back to laughing and chiding him for being so blatantly affectionate.

To his surprise - or perhaps even not, by this point - she accepted the contact. More than that, she pressed back against him, her own sweet purr starting up in response to his own. And there, as her eyes sought his own...that smile he had been aiming to bring back. He returned it, blinking at her warmly before the depths of her eyes closed him out. He did not feel distanced from her, though. If anything, to see her relax so willingly made Spiritsong feel only that much more content. So much so that her absence, as she pulled back once more, saw his ears subconsciously slipping back.

That determined look of her own had returned. He figured it was about time for her to cut the sappiness between them and initiate their usual banter, perhaps scold him for the change in name she had just stumbled over. However, it seemed that determination came from a different place of intent. As he stared down at her questioningly, she nestled herself back in against him as though it were the easiest thing in the world.

Despite himself, Spiritsong's eyes widened in surprise, his body stiffening for a moment as he felt the warmth of her body seep into him. He stumbled over a purr for a moment, caught quite entirely off guard as he stared down at her. Sure, it would not be the first time she had initiated such contact between them...yet it was still the last thing he had been expecting.

Her words caused his ears to flick, but still, it gave him a moment to recenter himself. Chuckling slightly, he finally allowed himself to relax into her, cheek pressing against her head. "You might be surprised," he mused, before allowing his purr to settle into a steadier rythym, his own eyes closing as he allowed her scent to surround him. He had missed her far more than he had admitted to himself...and truly, he thought he had been quite honest on that part to begin with. His sister had always been his guidance...perhaps she had been right this time as well.
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 6:18:22 GMT
APPLECLOUD

she ignored his stiffen frame, hoping it would relax. for all the she-cat knew, he was still used to her more stubborn, hostile behavior towards him and she did not blame the tom. for most of their moons together, she had always been hot-headed, refusing his advances and yet here she was nestled into his chest. before the isolation she might have thought herself foolish and little at the idea of snuggling into her leader, but now she felt content and ... dare she say it, alive.

his chuckle echoed in him, and soon his cheek was against her head and she felt connected again to the tom. his words enriched her with a sense of curiosity as she strayed away from the thoughts of the moons past and thought of the moons to come. with a swallow, she rubbed her head against the tom's cheek, nuzzling into him as if she had been long since deprived of his contact. she wanted to live in the moment, to allow his scent to wash over her as she became use to his scent, his warmth, his everything once more.

"no, spiritsong... truly." she began, her amber eyes closed as she nestled into the tom still. her voice was soft, something that was not like the fiery she was so known for. the isolation had rocked something so far inside her that she had not known could emerge. "i say i missed you, and it sounds as if a friend missed a friend." she meowed almost with a hint of embarrassment, but as her body stiffen and her head pulled back to look up at her leader, her friend and the tom who had been the center of her thought for so many days, she finally found courage.

"i thought, truly, i would never see you again, that i," she stopped, her face feeling more flush with each word, and she knew he would see her struggle to speak - her eyes bare way to the truth, the feeling within her chest and she urged him to know she was not struggling because she was teasing, but because the words were almost to much for her to bare alone. she feared rejection - he did like to flirt - and yet she prayed to the stars she could see him done with that action. 

"i care for you... a lot." she mused aloud, looking up at him before tucking herself back into him if he let her. "now, don't let that confession go to your big dumb head ok." she added, a nervous, but gentle smile on her face, a small bit of laughter escaping her maw as she awaited his reaction.

| 000 WORDS
welp. enjoy.

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 8:01:13 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

SPIRITSONG

Damn right he did XD

There was something strangely soft and unfamiliar to the way she spoke now, nestled against him as though the sickness had replaced her with a different cat...it unnerved him, if only slightly. He was not sure what to think of the hesitance to her tone, the nervousness in her gaze as she drew back to stare up at him. She almost seemed...afraid. But no, that could not be it. He could hardly picture her afraid of an angry badger or an army of dogs, much less him. No, this was something different, yet he could not quite put a name to it. Instead, he waited for her to finish speaking.

While he had a hunch, a tightness in his chest perhaps that hoped he was right...Spiritstar could not quite assume where she might be going with this. Or maybe he was just wary to make that guess and place it wrong, to find that disappointment of letting himself hope for nothing. Though no matter her fiery, sarcastic ways...he could not see her doing such a thing. Not intentionally, but then, no one could know what others were thinking, and that went for both of them as well.

Yet as she went on...Spiritsong could not help the way that hope rose anyway. The way her words he had safely assumed were spurred by the sickness returned to his mind. He could not think of many other things for her to be leading up to, really, with the closeness that had developed between them and the way she had been nestled into him just before. Her eyes seemed to echo those hoped to him as though they were her own...yet she had never been interested before. Himself...he had always felt drawn to her, but surely not quite so strongly back then...right?

The moment she said it, tucking back against him before he could catch a glimpse of her face, he could not help but think aloud, however quietly. "So it wasn't just the fever talking..." Trailing off, the tom caught himself as she spoke again, and found himself pulled to join in her laughter. That was much more the Applecloud he knew, and it helped him snap back to himself a little as well.

"Oh, I would never, my dear," he chuckled playfully, before drawing his head back to let her see his eyes. He knew he was a flirt. It was just his way, to play and tease and raise the spirits of others. Yet he was also not oblivious to his own lack of commitment...neither was she. Yet he wanted to change that. Thinking he could have lost her...he would give up all the play and flirting in a heartbeat to keep that gap between them sealed. He needed her to see that honesty in her eyes, hear the way the teasing of his tone gave way to earnestness. "Well...I think I've loved you for a while now, so I suppose that makes us even then."

Maybe that was a step too far. Caring for someone a lot did not always translate to...No. Far be it for him to be the one to back off from this. She took her step and he would take his. Besides, now that she had helped him know for certain...well he did not see the point in lying about it. Surely she was bound to find out anyway - since when had Spiritsong ever been known for his subtlety anyway?
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
Apr 21, 2020 19:04:09 GMT
APPLECLOUD

she tucked into him, enjoying the pull of warmth that came from him in that moment, only barely catching the last of what he whispered. her ears twitched in confusion at that, wondering what she had exactly said and when. with her twist of words, insulting his ego as she realized that she had admit a depth of care for him that she would have never realized, she savored the moment she was with in, their laughter entailed together for a moment. it was perfect, for her in a small amount of romance she had ever pictured in her life. this was perfect.

he drew away with a whisper of never letting it go to his head, and at the lost of contact the she-cat snapped her head up annoyed. it raged on her face for a second that he was breaking a moment so perfect in her head, but as her eyes locked onto his, she stilled - her eyes widening in response as for the first time in what seemed forever she waited for him to speak instead of speaking over here. there was an honesty their, and for a moment she held her breath. the sound of the territory fell away from her ears as she focused on him, and only him for this moment in time.

loved. her eyes widen in confusion and than in realization. he loves me? her thoughts whispered as she thought over the ideal of what being his love meant. a part of her wanted to tell him to stop messing with her, to go back to his ways and leave her alone to sulk and grow spiteful with age. however she recalled the love her grandmother and grandfather shared before the fated day they broke apart and as she gazed at spiritsong for a long heartfelt moment, or several, she realized that it was something she was indeed ready to say.

"i won't say it often, because i'm not that cat," she began, blinking slowly as she formulated the words. "and this won't always be sappy and romantic," she added, her tail gesturing between them as she turned to look away from the tom finally. she did not understand the struggle it would be to tell him that she could not give him the affection and words as often or as much as another could. "but if you want to give us, a try, i would love to spiritsong." she finished, turning to look back at the tom with a smile. "i've never loved before, and it's quite a foreign feeling, but if the warmth you place in my chest and the worry when you are away that settles in my mind is what the beginning of love is, than i think i am in love."

| 000 WORDS
:dab:

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
Apr 22, 2020 6:25:21 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

SPIRITSONG

Oh how I love my idiot

That anger in her expression almost stalled him, almost gave pause to the words that settled on the edge of Spiritsong's tongue...almost. However, it was quick to fade as he spoke, and he knew the words would have haunted him all the same if they were never said. Now that he knew the truth within himself, and saying it had only made it that much more real, he knew it would have eaten away at him if he never told her. If he saw her move on with someone else without ever knowing...well, her happiness would of course come first, but he would never forgive himself for not taking that chance.

At the very least the truth deserved to be said.

Many things flickered in her eyes at his admission - he was not surprised by that, of course. Likely they echoed what was whirling through his own mind and filtering through those citrine windows to his soul. Not that there was ever much filter to be seen, not with her anyway. Of all of those he saw, or perhaps just assumed, it was the flash of doubt that caught him off guard. Something sullen and unconvinced, however how brief it was, saw his heart sinking slightly. To know she did not feel the same would have hurt, of course, but to have her not believe him? He was glad to see that look fade the longer she gazed back at him.

When she finally spoke, Spiritsong had not a single idea on how to respond. Instead, he hung on her every word, still a little shocked that she had not immediately driven him off for the mere suggestion of love between them. If anything...it seemed as though she was thinking it through, planning something out with the focus she set into patrols when she was his deputy. Every word she spoke was swimming among the disbelief that filled his head, the last few words echoing the loudest. 'I think I am in love.'

If Spiritsong had ever thought to hear such words from Applecloud, he was the last cat he pictured them directed to.

However, as much of an airhead and Spiritsong might play himself off to be at times, he was not truly one to let his mind stay absent for long. Organizing his thoughts as well as he could and setting the shock-factor of the situation aside as something to dwell upon later, Spiritsong picked himself back up and offered the she-cat a warm laugh that trailed off into a heart purr. Whatever this was going to end up being, he wanted it. That much was obvious in his heart as much as in his expression, even as he fell back upon his playful instincts to ease his turbulent thoughts.

"I suppose it will be my place to teach you all about it then," he chuckled, daringly rubbing his cheek against hers with another purr. That was definitely something he could get used to, but he knew the masses of affection she showed today were likely going to be a rare occurrence. No matter, he had never expected them to begin with. Pulling back a little though, he allowed his tone to settle somewhere between earnest and somewhat teasing, hoping to relax the situation into something that might let her feel a little more normal. "I fell for who you are, not anything else. I assure you I'm not expecting any sappy romantics."

Chuckling, the tom rose to his paws and padded around her, unable to help the lightness within himself as he felt his pelt brush against her own. He had never thought to imagine her agreeing to be anything more than a friend - in truth, he had never found it in himself to ask, even if he realized now he had been falling for her longer than he had been aware. "More like someone to bat my ears and keep me in line when I push the boundaries," he offered with a smirk, calling back to all the times she would correct his playful antics and everything would end in laughter between them.

A seriousness touched his gaze, though, breaking through the playful air to make room for one of reassurance, the same confidence that always held strong between them, as friends, as partners, and perhaps from now on even as mates. He may act a fool but they both knew he would not lie to her. "Things don't have to change anymore than you want them to. I may love you, but I'm just happy enough to have you safe and by my side again."
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION
applecloud Avatar
applecloud
Oneclan
May 7, 2020 21:48:34 GMT

applecloud
only want me back when you can't have me
[attr="class","roxietext"]the laugh that rumbled through his chest into the open, surrounding her and engulfing her in warmth, caused her to smile almost as brightly as she had the day she was named applecloud. swallowing, the she-cat tilted her head as the tom's playful side seemed to reemerge and she was almost tempted to swat at him, however her eyes widen and her purr rumbled from her chest as his brushed against her cheek, letting her know he would teach her. a part of her wanted to swat him still, to let him know she did not need him to teach her anything. a sly smirk rose on her maw as he looked back at her with his own teasing tone. i fell for who you are, not anything else. i assure you i'm not expecting any sappy romantics.

"good, cause that's overrated." she stated plainly, her smirk reaching her eyes as she felt her own chest explode with happiness. her tail swishing behind her as she watched spiritsong rise to his paws. she almost rose herself as to see where he might lead her, but the brushing of their pelts stilled her. with his smirk rising, she rose a brow and laughed. "perhaps i will bat you behind the ears for nothing but enjoyment." her own ears twitching as she stood now. things don't have to change anymore than you want them to. i may love you, but i'm just happy enough to have you safe and by my side again. he spoke and for a moment, she looked confused.

but her confusion slipped from her face as she felt her own eyes rolling. "i'll be by yourself yes, and telling any she-cat or tom who thinks they have a chance with you to back off my mate." she snipped, her tail slashing through the air with all the seriousness that usually possessed her body. rolling her shoulders to ease the tension, she looked spirtisong up and down and nodding her head in acceptance. "should we head back now? i don't want to keep you from the other... leaders." she meowed, the lack of trust clear in her tone as she looked over the tom who she had claimed as her mate, with wonder, curiosity and worry.

|| 379 WORDS
[newclass=".roxietext"]color:#b15b5b;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FORTY-ONE
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NO APPRENTICE
ROXIE
Spiritsong Avatar
Spiritsong
Oneclan
May 11, 2020 4:46:19 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

SPIRITSONG

The bluntness of her statement and the happiness that shone so clearly in her eyes seemed so conflicting that the tom could not help but laugh, even as it remained soft and warm in the joy of the moment. She had not changed a bit, and he had no intention to ever insist she did. He could never imagine trusting anyone else more, after all. Once, with his clan, and now it seemed, with his heart as well. Battered ears and all, he supposed.

"I would not expect anything less," the tom laughed, "though at this rate everyone will be questioning again who really leads here." Not that Spiritsong had ever truly seen himself above Applecloud. Not when she was his deputy, and especially not as anything closer. In truth, his mind had always held her far above him, and it was not a fact he sought to correct. Who cared if he had some special connection to Starclan or whatever his mark may mean - she was the reason he was even sane, though she would likely argue that fact.

She stood with him, and for a moment, he saw confusion dance across her features. It did not last long, and the easy banter they always shared settled in the air between them once more. The tom offered a playful gasp, tail tip twitching behind him as he eyed her. He had to play along, lest his mind whirl into a broken record of repeating her claim to him in disbelief.

"Oh but then they will be so scared they will never speak with me again," the tom complained playfully, gazing mournfully in the direction of his supposed 'companions' before peering back toward Applecloud. "You know if you chase off all my company you'll only have to put up with more of me. What would you do if I got all sappy and romantic on you, hmm?" While the tom was as teasing as ever, a blink of reassurance was still offered all the same. He could not imagine having eyes for anyone else, and if that meant succumbing to nothing more than polite conversations with anyone else he would simply have to endure it. The thought of losing her now...it was what had given him pause for so long.

The conversation circled back around to the mention of his co-leaders, and Spiritsong almost felt a spark of annoyance toward the duties and expectations of his rank. He had been enjoying this moment...but no one breath could last forever. Sighing softly, the tom glanced back in the direction of the camp, before returning his gaze to his mate. His mate... it felt a little surreal, really. The nod was reluctant, obviously so, but it was clear all the same. "Yes, they're sure to be expecting me."
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
50 Moons
Male
He/Him
Pansexual
Co-Leader
PERCEPTION