'couple thousand miles is just a little space [open]

Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 15, 2020 23:24:39 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monlyrics2"]☼ D A W N F I R E
[attr="class","monbody2"]Dawnfire had been out later and later into the dusk on his hunting trips. Feeding the merged group of cats was no easy task. Half of them were from GorgeClan or MoorClan, and those cats had little to no luck hunting on the wet and marshy CreekClan territory. He wondered briefly if any of the land prey had been affected by the spore as well. Per usual, Dawnfire caught nothing but fish today, something that the cats from other Clans would wrinkle their noses at. But they would have to deal with it.

As he headed back to camp with the fish in his mouth, he turned his head briefly in the direction of GorgeClan territory. Knotpaw and Jasminepetal were there. Or at least, he hoped they were there. There was no knowing if his siblings were alive or not. He stopped for a unnecessarily long time and turned his eyes to the emerging stars. He wanted to stay here, remembering the cats he grew up with. Stoatstar, Pantherleap, Berrybloom. Larkspurpaw and Amaryllispaw, who he had trained with. They were so far away now, somewhere in the stars. He squinted his eyes as if he could turn the stars into cats. His parents, also in StarClan now, had warned the naive and cheery Dawnkit several times that Clan life was not easy. Those in his life were as temporary as the seasons that came and passed.

As Silverpelt's stars glittered in his eyes, Dawnfire felt overwhelmed. Even as Dawnfire now he struggled to believe how he could live up to the legacy of those before him.

But he remembered there was no time. The scent of fish came flooding back into his jaws and he shook himself. He forced a smile on his face. What was he doing, getting all down? It had been a successful hunt after all. He bound back into the camp with his usual cheer and half-dropped, half-flung the fish at the fresh-kill pile.

"I'm back!" he yowled loudly, startling half the cats in the camp. Shamelessly, he glanced around, searching for Fishleap or Spiderfrost, or some other poor unsuspecting victim to have some fun with. For StarClan's sake, everyone was being so depressing.

372 words

[attr="class","montag"]@tag

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#e6ae73;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon2 img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics2]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fafafa;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#fafafa;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Apr 15, 2020 23:48:40 GMT
blizzardberry

could she have been anymore unaware of her surroundings, or was she perhaps more terrified of the merge then she had originally let on. a brisk moment of realization when she had sat before her leader... former leader stoatstar and had heard him speak of a merge with moorclan and gorgeclan... she had been unsure how to feel - frighten to have more felines in her camp, but overwhelmingly happy to see the clans working together to get rid of the spore... a thing she had been frighten of, as she had been victim to it.

her paws carried her through her territory, the land prey hard to come by, and so fish and small lizards that nestled in the cracks of the rocks were her catch and plunder for the evening. she had been named a warrior only two short moons ago - after the passing of her former mentor stoatstar, and it was her reason to believe he had already chosen her name before his passing, and thus she stood before the clan now - as a warrior and not an apprentice. she could almost hear her mentor's encouraging but frightening voice echoing in her ears to straighten her back, square her shoulders and look proud.

she returned before her brother, her own catch of a lizard and toad hung limping from her mouth, white as snow fur long and flowing. however, as she dropped the catch onto the freshkill pile, her eyes scanning the clearing for those who she knew would be there, she saw the sneer of a former moorclanner as they noticed the fishy pile. sheepishly, the she-cat bowed her head, turning to leave once more to continue hunting for perhaps a piece of prey that would not gain her spiteful looks when she heard the voice of her brother, .

her ears perked, and a gentle smile graced her white maw as she waited for the tom to pass her into the clearing to drop the prey beside her own. "brother," she meowed, her voice still soft and gentle, but the stutter that had usually echoed in her meow almost non-existent. "that looks m-mighty fine!" she meowed, nodding gently to his catch, her voice only catching when she noticed the same former moorclanner glare at her brother like they had her. shaking the feeling of disappointment from her pelt, she turned fully to her brother.

"what were you expecting with that announcement of arrival? flocking she-cats?" she teased.

| 419 words

HOPE THIS IS OKAY
template by punki of pixel perfect

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NONE
ROXIE
Covesplash Avatar
Covesplash
Oneclan
Apr 16, 2020 1:52:52 GMT
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Notes:
Everything was different; it was like the forest had been flipped upside down. What was normal was no longer. The clans had merged - perhaps for the better? But, there were many unfamiliar faces that now passed the tom as he explored the combined lands. Covesplash's head ached at the thought of it all. But, he knew deep down, he was not the only one uncertain about the fate of the future. The former Creekclan warrior knew that merging together to defeat one enemy was smart, but.. Something tugged at his tail telling him to be wary. Surely once the spore is defeated, the other clans would all want to split and go their own way again?

The golden hued male shook his head, ridding his mind of the unsure thoughts. As he briskly padded through towards the camp grounds, he felt a gentle smile appear across his maw. Least Creekclan still had it's camp; small pieces of familiarity kept him feeling stable in a time of uncertainty and depression. Out of the corner of his right eye, he noted some warriors gathered. They were discussing something, however Covesplash dared not venture too close. He shot the two - Dawnfire and Blizzardberry a small smile. The two were both originally from Creekclan and although Covesplash had never been close to either, he definitely knew of them. The two were siblings and both rather easy on the eye.

Covesplash gently released a small sigh. His hunting efforts had been unsuccessful, his mind constantly clouded with distraction. The tom even caught himself thinking about a sleek and slender gray feline; her icy eyes penetrating his mind. Lavenderfall. The tom would fight himself to cease thoughts about her. It was the spore that killed her. The spore had caused so much destruction. It was nearly impossible to think of something else.

The warrior gazed down at his damp paws and snuggled himself into a tight ball. Would there be any light at the end of this darkness? Would happiness ever reach the clans again? Or was it simply him? The tom gazed across to the two siblings again. He was unsure whether they were happy or not, perhaps maybe grateful but alas it was hard to determine.

╾╾ Covesplash
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/mX6fLsd/Untitled-design-4.jpg'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/mX6fLsd/Untitled-design-4.jpg'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]

If you have questions or inquiries, contact me at
| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 18, 2020 1:19:56 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]Dawnfire puffed out his chest, not a slight bit embarrassed by his entrance. "Something wrong with flocking she-cats? It sure got your attention!"

He glanced at Blizzardberry's catch next to his own. The fresh-kill pile was modest, and there were not too many options. Fish, frog, and toad were not exactly MoorClan or GorgeClan favorites

"Not sure the other Clans are going to eat these but they're just missing out. Let's bring something to the elders and other warriors." Dawnfire glanced around the camp. Cats were starting to trail back into CreekClan camp as night began to fall. He caught the gaze of Covesplash, who like him, bore a bright furry pelt. Dawnfire tilted his head curiously at the older warrior. He was friends with so many cats in the Clan, how had he overlooked Covesplash for so long?

"Covesplash! Covesplash! Do you like frog?" he greeted and bounded over, glad for another familiar face. As more and more cats from MoorClan and GorgeClan moved here, Dawnfire felt overwhelmed by the number of strangers. It was exciting to meet new cats, but at the same time, he sorely missed the days of his early apprenticehood, where he would come back to a cozy and close-knit family.

Perhaps that was his fault. He had stopped making new friends after those days, since he had a solid circle of them already. But today so few of them stood by his side, many struck down by the Spore. But if there was a cat in OneClan who could create a community, Dawnfire was definitely it.

253 words

[attr="class","montag"]

[newclass=.mon2 img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics2]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fafafa;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody2]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#fafafa;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Apr 18, 2020 21:53:28 GMT
blizzardberry

her jest was given in hopes that the tom would laugh alongside her, and with his remark she purred loudly with amusement. long gone was the shy girl who would shrink away from her brother's loud voice, and in her place was a shy lady, whose confidence grew by the day. she ducked her head to look away shyly, her eyes catching their prey nestled on the fresh kill pile like always. she was about to remark to him about the distrustful looks of the other clan cats when suddenly she saw him take off towards an orange colored tom.

it took her a moment to realize that this was covesplash, a former creekclan member like herself. while she had never spoken to the tom - she rarely ever spoke to those around her - she could take note of his curled position. perhaps he was waiting for someone, or someone was waiting for him. licking her lips she wanted to press on that dawnfire should not just go interrupting others personal time, but by the time her voice came to her maw, she could hear him calling to the tom before them. a sigh escaped her maw as she moved alongside her brother, taking a frog for herself to share it needed.

"i-i'm sorry i-i-if we're intruding, covesplash." she meowed softly as she came to stand beside her larger brother with a soft smile. her vibrant blue eyes flickering to look over the handsome ginger tom.

it's short but yeah.

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NONE
ROXIE
Covesplash Avatar
Covesplash
Oneclan
Apr 19, 2020 0:59:36 GMT

COVESPLASH

The small golden feline erected his head - lifting his chin to the darkening skies. Night was approaching. The sun was due to tuck itself away from the forest, leaving behind a luminous light and large masses of stars. The night was one of the tom's least favorite parts of the day. Covesplash; in traditional Creekclan fashion, much preferred lounging in the sunshine near a bed of water. Lazy Creekclan warrior, he chuckled to himself.

An excited and shrill summon caught the golden tom's attention. A fluffy, flame hued warrior bounded up to Covesplash. It was Dawnfire; of whom he recognized before settling his mind into the wonders of the night. Dawnfire asked the warrior if he liked frog. "Do I like frog? I love it," he said as a gigantic grin sprawled across his features. Frogs and fish were the male's favorite. A fish had in fact been the first prey he had ever caught; back when he was a young, eager apprentice. "I wonder how MoorClan and GorgeClan will find them though...I guess their loss," he said, giving a slight shrug.

The other clans were unlikely used to the swampy and fishy prey found within Creekclan. The tom heard they preferred birds and rabbits, prey more common on their lands. Covesplash had tried bird before, although never rabbit. Bird was.. Alright. They seemed a little grainy to him, however. No where near as sweet or tender as the likes of fish. Perhaps the golden tom was bias though as he had always known the prey in Creekclan, never much else.

A smaller white feline approached fairly quickly after the conversation began. The snow fae was a lot smaller than the flaming tom. Covesplash had never seemed to notice their differences, until now. Although, it lingered on his mind briefly. He shook his head as the she-cat stammered, apologizing for interrupting. "Ohh? No, no.. Not at all. I was just thinking about the merge and how things feel so different," he explained. Covesplash had no worries telling the two what was on his mind. After all, they were all in the exact same position. "Do...Do you guys find it a bit strange too? Just adjusting to everything?"

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 20, 2020 0:11:43 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]To his relief, the golden tom responded in a friendly manner. Not every cat took Dawnfire's energy nicely. He often disturbed other cats' peace, with little shame or hesitation.

"I tried really hard to catch a bird, I really did!" Dawnfire exclaimed in exasperation. The prey other Clans brought back - the rabbits and birds - they were alright. A bit stringy for his taste, but they were not nearly as soft. Dawnfire found their texture a little too tart for his liking. "It's not like I don't want to feed the cats of every Clan, that's just not how we were taught to hunt! So back to fish it is for me."

At Covesplash's words, Dawnfire watched him carefully for a minute and then glanced at Blizzardberry. It was not every cat that would directly admit how strange the merge was. Everyone had just kind of... put up with it. It was not a light or easy situation, so Dawnfire had more or less avoided addressing the subject at all.

"I guess it's strange... I still feel more comfortable with CreekClan. I haven't tried making friends with the other cats yet."
Dawnfire gave a hesitant reply. "I thought I really hated Bonestar and GorgeClan and everything, you know. They were all so weird, climbing trees and rocks and stuff. I was taught that growing up! But now they're literally in our camp and I don't know what to say to any of them!"

Dawnfire stopped for a little, trying to think of anything the two Clans had in common. Then he remembered there was someone he had failed to keep in touch with since the epidemic started. Although he decided that wasn't his fault, she must be busy with all the Spore patients. What a stressful time to be a medicine cat!

"Oh, I am actually friends with one of them! Featherpaw's from GorgeClan, and she's actually really nice. I met her when I was an apprentice..."
he trailed off when he realized he was rambling a little. Dawnfire did not mean to overspill; he was simply a little flustered at the question. Having always been a social and outgoing cat, he almost felt as if Covesplash's question was directed at him. The truth is, he hadn't been adjusting as much as just avoiding the whole merge and continuing to socialize with his CreekClan family.

He shook himself and decided to let his sister clean up his blustering. "What about you Blizzardberry?"

421 words

[attr="class","montag"]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Apr 21, 2020 5:14:50 GMT
blizzardberry

she stood beside her brother with ease, hovering in his shadow like she was so used to. she listened to them speaking, the two toms speaking of the merge and how it affected them. she remained silent, watching as they spoke of it, and when she was asked how she felt about it by covesplash, she moved to speak softly. however her words fell on deaf ears as the she-cat's brother's voice rose above everything. she settled herself than, her behind settling onto the ground as her tail curled neatly around her paws.

fluffy white fur fluffed up as her brother's voice carried words of the medicine cat apprentice, featherpaw. she never knew her brother had met the she-cat, however she was interested in knowing more. with a soft smile she waited, wanting to see if her brother would speak more of his truth - however the tom stopped, turning his gaze to her. with a gulp, she looked almost worried at that thought. with a case to the ground of her eyes, she shifted a bit uncomfortable. recalling the time in the territory with one, wavestep.

she finally spoke up gently. "i find it hard... with the prey at least. i jus-just wa-want them all to be h-h-happy." her stutter growing worst as she looked down at her paws. "do you think we will ever be three again?" she asked softly, praying for that ideal world.

it's short but yeah.

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NONE
ROXIE
Covesplash Avatar
Covesplash
Oneclan
Apr 22, 2020 3:05:13 GMT

COVESPLASH

Covesplash found Dawnfire's energy to be rather refreshing; like a cool river's swim in the middle of a hot, sunny day. Excitement and happiness was what the clan needed at a time of such desperation, he thought. Although, part of Covesplash wondered if Dawnfire was simply that way due to his age. Unnerved by darkness; still with naive and curious thoughts. The thoughts faded from his mind as the flaming warrior started rattling off words. It took the tom a moment to catch up with what Dawnfire was actually saying. I didn't know it was possible to talk so much in one go!

The golden tom listened - once he managed to catch on to the young male's excitement. Birds and rabbits were not common in CreekClan; many of the warriors did not know how to catch them because of their rarity and of course the unique techniques required to catch them. Covesplash had managed to figure it out, after many failed attempts. Although, he agreed with the flaming tom, "Back to fish for me too," he said in agreement, his golden head bobbing.

Covesplash twitched his ivory whiskers, observing the flaming cat as he explained his views on the merge. Dawnfire, despite seeming a little kitish in his views, made good points. Kits of young ages were told tales and stories about the other clans. They were always referred to as the 'bad guys' - the ones causing problems and then the heroic warriors of Creekclan would show up to save the day. It was always the same with only slight variations.

The reality of the merge truly seemed to be that the warriors of all clans were merely ignoring each other. The clans seemed to keep together in their groups, while all contributing and working beneath one name. "It is hard to know what to say to them...You're right...We've been distant from each other for as long as the trees were small saplings," he said.

The warrior was unsure how to suddenly stop avoiding the merge, like almost everyone. It had been ingrained in them all since kit-hood. "Perhaps time will see us socializing as one," he said. The tom had vaguely heard of the young apprentice named Featherpaw. A medicine cat apprentice, if his memory served him right. But, he knew little more about her. Covesplash watched as Dawnfire seemed a touch flustered by the question.

Covesplash turned his olive oculars to the snow coloured fae. She was very sweet when she spoke; delicate like a small flower. Covesplash automatically found himself fond of her; a young petal she was.

"I hope so, Blizzardberry,"
Covesplash admitted. A gentle sigh came from the older warrior, while he knew his thoughts were perhaps a little rebellious against the leaders decision, he couldn't help believing what he did. "Between us.. I do not like the merge. I understand it is to defeat The Spore. But, it seems unnatural to me. Everyone is on their best behavior. Eventually someone will act up, or someone will say something and...I fear this peace will dissolve. I would like us to split before we all get on each other's nerves, personally."

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

| | | | | |
PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Bisexual
Warrior
PERCEPTION
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Apr 23, 2020 4:35:11 GMT
[attr="class","mon2"]

[attr="class","monbody2"]
"Covesplash," Dawnfire asked the older warrior serious question for once. "Has anything like this happened in the past?"

He hoped sorely that this was not the first time. Dawnfire wanted to trust that StarClan would guide them through it. He was not only a young cat, but also not a particularly intellectual one. When the elders droned on about Clan histories and personal stories, Dawnfire would only listen politely to appease their chatter. The elders loved him for his cluelessness, and were always happy to tell the same story over and over. But Dawnfire himself learned very little.

"I wonder how we survived diseases in the past. Was coming together really the answer? And do we have to split apart again?"
he echoed Blizzardberry and Covesplash's words with impatient questions. "I don't know whether I should try to make friends with cats from other Clans. Because you know, one day we might just be enemies again. You know, my mentor Pantherleap used to chide me for my friendship with Featherpaw..."

But Dawnfire did not particularly want to stay OneClan forever either. He missed the small, tight-knit family that CreekClan once was so sorely. It felt alien to allow other cats to stay in CreekClan camp as if it were their home. The thought of it brought shivers down his back because deep down, Dawnfire still did not trust the other Clans. He met Blizzardberry's eyes and knew she must feel the same way. There used to be nothing that Dawnfire was more proud of than his CreekClan heritage.

255 words
ironically dawn's not actually creek by blood hahahaha

[attr="class","montag"]

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO

Quick Reply