Winter Wonderland [Open]

Jan 22, 2020 23:09:13 GMT
A stony gray figure trudged through the elbow-deep snow slowly. He wore a scowl unlike any other. The ridiculous white nonsense clung to his paws and stomach. He was insulated by the freezing cold, and the large, fluffy flakes were still bloody falling. Stillcrow absolutely despised Leaf-Bare with his entire being. The only reason he was out here was his alarming sense of duty to his clan and his loyalty to Cricketsong. He would stay out hunting as long as it took to make sure at least his mate had some food. The effeminate fellow was probably shivering in the den as he spoke. The mental image damn near broke his heart.

The wind suddenly picked up. It wove its way under his fur, cutting him to the bone. He grit his teeth. It was so wintry out that his nostrils couldn't pick up any trace of prey. Prey that was likely not even around. Stillcrow paused and crouched down further into the snow in an effort to get some warmth. He couldn't help but feel that his mission was futile. The falling snow was quickly turning into a blizzard. As he swiveled his head around, it occurred to the tom that he had absolutely no idea where in CreekClan's territory he was... or if he was even still in the clan's territory. Everything was just... WHITE. Frustration creased his brow and burned in his heart. 'Good.' Stillcrow thought sarcastically, 'My burning anger can keep me alive.'

Deleted
PEBBLES
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Jan 23, 2020 0:26:25 GMT
tigerblaze
template by punki of adoxography
Cuz I'm a fighter, a tiger, see me walk through fire

I will deya ya, I'll set them on fire @stillcrow
Tigerblaze hated Leafbare.

Oh, don't get her wrong - she loved Leafbare nights, the colors of the sky and the stillness that surrounded them, but the freezing cold and blinding snow weren't exactly things she waited all year for. Leafbare was fun when she was nestled between the warmth of her Clanmates at camp, not lost in the territory. Still, she knew the hardest of Leafbare would hit eventually. She just hadn't expected to be out in it.

She had left to hunt early in the day, trudging through the belly-deep snow that already lingered from days prior. The sky had seemed clear when she started, and even when it began to get dark, determination to find some prey for the Clan filled her and her stubbornness refused to allow her to return to camp until she had. Soon, the sky spit out snow and at first, it hadn't been bad, but then the snow kept coming harder and faster and it wasn't long before she could no longer see, let alone find her way back to camp. Shelter was quickly becoming a priority and she set off to find that before she was trapped under piles of snow.

Tigerblaze trudged her way through what was becoming noticeable as the mossy clearing, though she still had zero idea where she was - a wall of white cut off her vision and she found herself getting irritated. She had spent more time in the mossy clearing than she had in camp as of late, she felt, and as such, she knew there was a slight rocky overhang. It only she could find it.

Soon enough, she was bumping into something - something much softer than a rock. Squinting her eyes, she could just make out the gray pelt of another cat - similar to a rock, yes, but still a cat. "Stillcrow?" She yelled, voice straining against the bitter wind. "Stillcrow, there's shelter up ahead! Follow me!" She shoved past him, taking one paw step at a time until it all suddenly stopped; a glance behind her showed it still coming down heavily, but the small overhang above was just enough to stop it from falling on her. "Ugh, this sucks!"

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair
Jan 29, 2020 10:03:52 GMT
Above the howling wind, Stillcrow thought he heard his voice being called. His eyes were squinted shut for fear the gale would cut through them as swift as the cold did his fur. He forced his lids open and swung his head over his shoulder. A flame burst past him, nearly knocking him to the side if he hadn't already been bracing himself against the wicked chill. "T...Tigerblaze?" The warrior half called out, half questioned aloud to himself. Stillcrow didn't think anyone but him was stupid enough to come out hunting that day. He found himself momentarily unmovable. It was as if his every muscle, every fiber was becoming permafrost. Though the bright tabby shape of his clanmate was quickly becoming swallowed by the blizzard. If he didn't move now, he'd lose her and be lost to the snow. Not that she was able to move any faster than he...

The gray tom pushed forward blindly, following the molly's scent. "Ugh. This sucks!" Faintly called out ahead. Stillcrow might have twitched his whiskers in amusement if they weren't frozen to his face. His belly, legs, and undergarments were wet, cold, and burning from cold. It wouldn't be long before they became numb. Then, claw hit stone. The rocky overhang had been reached. It was more like half a cave with the surrounding snow banks that towered aside it, and for that he was thankful. Stillcrow sluggishly shook the snow from his pelt and literally flopped down on the ground. Still cold, mind you, but not nearly as horrible as what was outside.

"Were... you... alone?"

He found himself panting. The freeze was claiming his breath out there before he could release it. He hadn't noticed when all his focus and strength was pushing him to this shelter. It was a relief to finally be inside. But they were far from out of the woods. Stillcrow turned to look out. The sheet of wind and ice roared in anger at their apparent escape. A small rumble made his heart sink into his thawing stomach. White was replaced with black as the storm buried them in the rock-and-snow air pocket.

They were trapped.

Deleted
PEBBLES
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Jan 30, 2020 23:00:39 GMT
tigerblaze
template by punki of adoxography
Cuz I'm a fighter, a tiger, see me walk through fire

I will deya ya, I'll set them on fire @stillcrow
It wasn't long before she was joined - Stillcrow came trotting in the best he could moments after her and they both set to freeing themselves of the snow that lingered on their pelts. It was times like then that Tigerblaze missed GorgeClan and its territory, the protection that it brought at times. CreekClan was nothing more than trees and water, which she usually found inviting but not when covered in layers of snow.

"Yes, I am, though I'm not sure if that's unlucky or not. Easier to get to camp with two but I would hate to see someone else get stuck out here with me, you not included," she quipped, dragging a paw over her ears to dislodge what snow remained that shaking did not. In their little shelter, it was slightly warmer, separated from the wind, but not by much, just enough to ease the pain in her chest from breathing in the cold.

Tigerblaze laid beside Stillcrow, close enough that there was some shared warmth but far enough away to keep from invading his personal space. "Alright, so the new plan. You're okay, I hope? As soon as we're good and ready, we'll leave and help each other to camp. No use staying out here in the cold when we can help each other back. We're not too far away, so it shouldn't - " A soft rumbling interrupted her and in the span of a blink, their exit was cut off. "Great StarClan! Can we not catch a break?"

She prodded the wall of snow with her paw, claws coming out to lightly dig at the snow and jump back when part of it shifted and slumped down at her, instantly replaced by more snow. Trapped they were. "It'll take some time, but we could dig through this if we're careful enough. Or, we save our energy and wait for the storm to pass and hope our clanmates come looking for us?" Neither seemed like a fun plan, but they were low on options. With a sigh, she slumped back down next to Stillcrow, grumbling to herself.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair

Quick Reply