And in the dark,
I can hear your
heartbeat

I tried to find the sound

But then it stopped,
and I was in the
darkness,

So darkness I became

Usually the first to rise regardless of how her night before had gone, Swanfeather returned from her morning hunt. Judging by the pile of day old moss waiting to be taken out and disposed of, the blue-pointed she-cat assumed the apprentices chores were done. Seeking out the she-cat in her charge, Swanfeather found her. 

Depositing her fresh-kill, she grabbed an older piece and headed in the direction of her apprentice. Placing the meal near her apprentice, Swanfeather gave a polite greeting in the form of clearing her throat. 

"Amarylisspaw, have something to eat before we go for some fight training. It's best done on a fully stomach," Polite in her phrasing, Swanfeather's face remained stoic. Persistent as ever, Swanfeather had every intention of spending the remaining sunlight working on her apprentices's battle technique, which couldn't be done without a decent meal. "Once you've eaten join me near the camp entrance, then of to Sunning Rocks we go," Her tone dismissive, Swanfaether headed to the pile for her meal, something of equal age to her apprenitce's offered meal. A subtle sign of solidarity. During times of hardship and when prey ran slowly or not a all, Swanfeather would willingly go hungry or eat less filling prey to ensure her clanmates had enough. While she hadn't intended to force such ritual on her apprentice, it was pure habit when it came to pick out prey to be consumed. 

TAG: @amaryllispaw | WORDS: 280? | NOTES:first training thread!  | MUSE: link here
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

PEBBLES
40 Moons
Female
Heterosexual
Hellion
Jan 10, 2020 19:15:41 GMT
[nospaces]

[break]

DAUGHTER OF THE SEA

[break]

WHISPERED WORDS CARRIED UPON AN OCEAN BREEZE

[break]
[attr="class","lovemad2"]

a yawn broke free from the she-cat's maw, warm air clashing with cold before dissipating almost immediately. amaryllispaw had begun her day early, almost petulant when she'd first realized her mentor had beaten her once more. the apprentice had forced herself to go to bed earlier and earlier in hopes of waking when her mentor did but she never could catch up to the elusive warrior. despite her failure, the silver molly figured that since she was awake she may as well make herself useful. [break][break]

the wee morning hours were spent trekking back and forth to the elder's den, weeding out dried and pungent bits of moss so that they could be replaced. the frigid chill of winter made her breath ache in her chest, but amaryllispaw didn't allow herself a moments rest until the job was complete. one day she could only hope when she was old and her body began to fight her commands, that some apprentice or another would take care of her, too. paying it forward was the least she could do for the battleworn felines.[break][break]

shaking out her fur, the apprentice had just turned her attention to picking bits of crusty moss from between her toes when the sound of a throat clearing nearby jolted her from the task. turning around sheepishly, embarrassed to have all but leapt from her fur, she made brief eye contact with her mentor. no hello how do you do's were exchanged, a facet of swanfeather's brusque personality amaryllispaw had yet to get used to. straight to business as always. amaryllispaw, have something to eat before we go for some training. it's best done on a full stomach. once you'd eaten join me near the camp entrance, then off to sunning rocks we go.[break][break]

as quickly as swanfeather had appeared, she was gone, leaving amaryllispaw without a chance to agree to the instructions she'd been given. not that it mattered anyhow, considering she would do as she was told without rebellion. despite her mentor not being a conversationalist, the young female found herself looking up to her elder. swanfeather was a no-nonsense warrior, taking training as seriously as life and death and the apprentice aspired to make her proud. in doing so, she would surely make her clan proud as well. [break][break]

the morsel of food was.. well, a morsel. obviously older and with less filling meat to it than some of the more appetizing looking bits currently adorning their fresh-kill pile. grimacing, amaryllispaw resigned herself to eating quickly, hardly giving herself the time to truly taste her meal before she was finished and greeting her mentor with a bright smile as instructed.

[break]
[attr="class","lovemad1"]

442 WORDS

[attr="class","lovemad1"]

[googlefont=Raleway]
[newclass=.lovemad]position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lovemad1]float:left;margin-right:5px;background-color:#272727;color:#999999;padding:10px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lovemad1 a]color:#7b9afd!important;font:9px Calibri;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lovemad2 b]color:#7b9afd;[/newclass]

Deleted
PEBBLES
Swanfeather Avatar
Swanfeather
Starclan
Jan 15, 2020 7:08:28 GMT
And in the dark,
I can hear your
heartbeat

I tried to find the sound

But then it stopped,
and I was in the
darkness,

So darkness I became

The arrival of her mentors, signaled for Swanfeather to rise up from her own meal. A few quick licks to her forepaw to wash her jaw, she was set.

"Thank you for being prompt, now to sunning rocks. Keep up, it will help build your stamina," Swanfeather's instructions were sat in her usual straight forward tone. A flick of her tail and they were off.

Once out of camp, Swanfeather picked up her pace to that of a trot. Aware of her apprentice's likely still growing form, Swanfeather didn't want to exhaust her before they got any training in.

Nearly halfway, Swanfeather paused, coming to a stop. Allowing her apprentice a few seconds to catch up if needed before she spoke. "Tomorrow I will show you the path I take, I would like you to start getting up with me before your chores for a brisk jog. Strengthens your legs, it's too cold to swim for an extended period. In newleaf, we will take to the water instead of a job." While her comment admittedly poorly timed, Swanfeather meant no offense. Her strained muscles were grateful for the break, her near-constant go-go-go making her body angry at times. Taking breaks when appropriate would be a lesson learned through experience and becoming more in tune with ones' own body.

"Having strong legs and greater stamina will give you enough of an edge compared to your enemies. Now it's too cold to swim for an extended period but in newleaf, we will take to the water instead of the path," She further explained. Once her legs stopped aching, she took off again. Picking carefully the well-used trail to the sunning rock. It wasn't the time to test her apprentice's navigating skills. A lesson for another day.

Their arrival at the sunning rocks, a bit anticlimactic, Swanfeather headed for the largest rock. The one that often soaked up the most warmth from the sun. Prompting Amaryllispaw to join her, Swanfeather took a rare moment to simply enjoy the warmth of the sun. A rare comfort in the cold moons of leafbare.

"What do you know about fighting another cat? What does our code say about fighting another cat?" With her dual question answered Swanfeather waited. Content to sit and warm up while her apprentice prepared her answers.

TAG: @amaryllispaw | WORDS: 280? | NOTES:first training thread!  | MUSE: link here
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

PEBBLES
40 Moons
Female
Heterosexual
Hellion

Quick Reply