sisterly love

blossomshine Avatar
blossomshine
Oneclan
Jan 5, 2020 22:12:25 GMT
blossomshine
what do i have to do to make you see?
[attr="class","bandittext"]The morning had started uneventfully, her mate was off on patrol and her kits were all out and about, being strong, dutiful warriors of CreekClan. And while Blossomshine would usually be the first to offer to accompany them, she declined their offers that morning to join. Berrychirp had been on her mind a lot lately and as a dutiful sister (or at least she thought she was), she knew it was time to check-in on her. Berrychirp had chosen the life of a queen moons ago and Blossomshine had been happy to have her sister there when her kits were born, but she was sadden - just as she was sure Berrychirp and Huckleberryroot were - that they had no litters of their own.

So she hoped that maybe spending some time together would help her sister feel a bit better with whatever was going on between herself and her mate. There had been whispers throughout camp that Berrychirp had been seen with Hornetcall - something that even Blossomshine knew was stupid considering how much the brother’s hated each other. But also because she had a soft spot for the brown tabby her sister had decided to mate with. Blossomshine often liked to tell herself (and others who might choose to listen) that had Berrychirp not settled for the tom that they would be together. While she loved her dear Harespark, there were things that he did that Huckleberryroot simply wouldn’t. The she-cat in MoorClan for example…

Clearing her throat and shaking her head to clear her mind, the calico quickly padded toward the nursery with a fish clamped in her jaws. It was not often that they were able to get fish in the winter, so whenever she saw it, she was quick to swipe it up. She also figured that it’d be a nice way to break in the conversation, offering to share a meal and tongues with her sister. Berrychirp needed someone other than a bunch of blubbering male idiots - she knew that much.

With dainty pawsteps, she padded into the nursery, casting her gaze around before it fell on the smaller figure of her sister. Offering a small smile with the fish clamped tightly in her jaws, she nodded her head in greeting. “Berrychirp.” She purred as she padded closer, setting the fish down before her and leaning forward to rasp her tongue over her sister’s forehead. “Care for a fish and some company?” She asked, though she didn’t wait for a reply as she settled down beside her sister, casting her green gaze curiously around the nursery in search for any kits.

While Blossomshine wasn’t a cruel cat, she wasn’t the brightest either. Her mind sort of revolves around gossip and herself - try as she might to try to be a good sister. So when she wasn’t looking for someone to spread gossip about, she was thinking about the gossip she’d heard. “How are you doing?” She asked finally.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-TWO
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Berrychirp Avatar
Berrychirp
Oneclan
Jan 8, 2020 23:32:31 GMT
BERRYCHIRP
While the smell of fish seeping in from the nursery entrance ought to be a surprise this far into Leafbare, by now it no longer stood as one for Berrychirp. No matter how much harder fishing was beneath the creek’s frozen surface, it seemed that everyone who cared about her would seek to bring her one whenever they could. The fact that the scent was accompanied by that of her sister only confirmed this suspicion, and Berrychirp blinked open her eyes as she raised her head.

No matter what she thought of everyone’s pity and how strongly she wished that things could just be normal and she could be allowed the chance to get through this without all the pestering questions and other cats dancing around her like she was an injured butterfly, she could not be even slightly angry at her sister.

So, when a purr and fish were offered to her, the queen offered a quiet purr in return. Honestly, Berrychirp adored her sister, and if any feline was exactly the company desired, it was Blossomshine. So, no complaint was so much as thought of as a tongue was rasped over her forehead before her sister settled into the nest beside her. Instead, Berrychirp merely leaned into the warmth her sibling provided and rested her cheek against her shoulder.

"You’re always welcome," was murmured softly in response, honest warmth softening the lack of enthusiasm that her responses often consisted of lately. How was she doing? Wel, Berrychirp was not surprised that was the first question to hear. It was all anyone had been asking lately beyond Hornetcall, and honestly as much as she adored her sister, Berrychirp knew she was not the most…sensitive when it came to things like this.

Instead of arguing or pushing the question away, Berrychirp just sighed softly, her gaze straying toward her heavily pregnant denmate sleeping nearby with her mate, purring in her sleep, and remembering when she was that happy at her first and even second pregnancy. "I’m getting there," she assured, gaze drifting back to her sister as her ear angled away from the sleeping queen across the den. "It’s just...hard," she admitted softly.

Notes |
Tagged |

PEBBLES
53 Moons
Female
She/Her
Heterosexual
Queen
Nyara
blossomshine Avatar
blossomshine
Oneclan
Jan 13, 2020 17:46:05 GMT
blossomshine
[attr="class","bandittext"]Admittedly, Blossomshine wasn’t sure what to expect when she saw Berrychirp. While she knew that things - losing kits - was hard, the first few times she remembered clearly. The pain they’d all felt for her. Now? It seemed even her sister was numb to the loss of kits. At least on the outside. Numb probably wasn’t the right word, but when she looked into her sister’s eyes, she couldn’t help but feel like Berrychirp had completely given up and were she in the same position, Blossomshine was certain she probably would have done the same.

Hearing the way her sister sounded so down and defeated, Blossomshine sighed softly and pressed herself just a little closer, softly resting her head against the top of Berrychirp’s own and she remained that way for several moments. The calico she-cat knew that she was not the best when it came to words - especially words that were meant to comfort and provide solace to another. Had she been through this situation before, maybe she could have tried to offer comfort and reassurance her sister needed, but instead, she found herself slowly opening her mouth and then closing it again each time she debated what useless words of wisdom she could pass on. Berrychirp deserved kits more than anyone she knew - including herself. Blossomshine had only done a fairly decent job as raising her own kits moons ago because she had her sister at her side.

Finally, she just said softly, “I know. For what it’s worth, I still think it’ll happen some day.” She whispered, softly nuzzling herself closer. “StarClan just has great plans for you, and they’re not quite ready yet.” She didn’t know if she was actually providing her sister with comfort, but she thought that the statement was true regardless. There had to be a reason that Berrychirp wasn’t a mother yet and that, in time, it would happen. She just needed to keep believing.

Sighing softly, the calico shifted closer and nudged the fish forward. “Care to share it with me? We can get out of here too, the sun is out today. I can clear us a spot in camp and we can enjoy it’s warmth?

371 |

PEBBLES
FIFTY-TWO
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Berrychirp Avatar
Berrychirp
Oneclan
Jan 17, 2020 23:13:52 GMT
BERRYCHIRP
Feeling her sister's head come to rest upon her own, Berrychirp closed her eyes and let the scent and comfort of Blossomshine wash over her. No matter how she may ebe with love and words, with comfort and understanding, Berrychirp knew she could not imagine a life without her sister. She was everything too her, and if she could never have kits, she would only hope she would always have Blossomshine by her side. With her support, no matter what that may entail...perhaps once day she could simply move on from this and accept that not all good things had been lost in life. There were always new dreams to be made.

As Blossomshine finally found her words, breaking the silence that had settled between them, pale golden eyes blinked open again to regard the moss of her own empty nest. This was not the first time she had heard such a thing, and she had no doubt it was far from the last. Why was everyone so intent on giving her false hope?

Berrychirp sighed. She knew her sister did not meant to - she was trying to raise her spirits, an effort that truly was appreciated, even if the smaller of the pair did not show it. Still, the look she finally offered her sister was defeated all the same, doubtful. "Even so..." she murmured softly, shaking her head. "It feels more like they are punishing me for something. I don't think I can bear losing more, waiting for Starclan to decide they are ready...Why could I have just not fallen pregnant at all?"

Starclan seemed the epitome of false hope, to the point Berrychirp knew part of her faith was starting to waver. She would always believe in Starclan, pray to them for her friends and her family, thank them for the meals she ate and the recovery of others. However, her suffering seemed needless by this point, and nothing had come of it. Was she truly being punished? And if so...what for?

The nudging of the fish into her periphery was enough to draw Berrychirp from her thoughts. For a moment, she blinked at the prey, regarding it as though it was out of place, before she flicked an ear to catch Blossomshine's words. "Alright - for you, Blossomshine," Berrychirp agreed softly, taking a second to rub the top of her head along her sister's cheek, before she buried her teeth into the fish in aim to peel back the scales and reveal the meat hiding underneath.

Notes |
Tagged |

PEBBLES
53 Moons
Female
She/Her
Heterosexual
Queen
Nyara
blossomshine Avatar
blossomshine
Oneclan
Jan 29, 2020 4:33:26 GMT
blossomshine
[attr="class","bandittext"]There'd been a lot of moons where Blossomshine was jealous of the life that Berrychirp lived - many still ahead of her too. Harespark was hardly a loving mate - at least toward her - and she envied the relationship that it appeared that Berrychirp and Huckleberryroot had. They seemed happy on the outside - even though she could see through it as she sat beside her sister now. It was hard to imagine the sadness that filled her sister's chest and try as Blossomshine might to try and provide that comfort, she knew she failed it time and time again. But she was quick to bat those thoughts away with a twitch of a tail and a shrug of her shoulders.

"You know we could spend the next several years trying to understand why StarClan does the things they do. Why did Bonestar come to power to destroy our clan only to bring us back together in the end? It's not something we may ever understand, but it's the life we lived. I'm sure its hard, but don't lose hope."

Truthfully, Blossomshine wasn't the most religious of felines, she didn't really know what to think of the stars in the sky and try as she might, she was certain that the more she spoke, the less comfort her sister would feel. So she was quick to change the subject and relieved to see that her sister followed suit. Agreeing to go out of the nursery and lounge in camp. It was a small step in the right direction - albiet if she was honest, she wasn't sure which direction she was leaning toward. It seemed easier to just come up with ways to distract her - not that she was necessarily good with it.

However, the as Berrychirp brushed her head against her cheek, Blossomshine smiled and offered a timid smile in return. In the back of her mind, all she could think of was how she was going to make things better. How they'd be able to repair her situation - if they even could.

Rising to her paws, the larger calico scooped the fish up and nodded toward her sister, signalling for her to lead the way. Once they were out and found a place to lay, she made quick work of cleaning the snowy ground with her feathery tail which she swept across the ground until there were divits where they could settle comfortably and not be pressed into the snow. The sun shone high above them and the warmth of it despite the brisk air made her smile absently. "If you need me to fight anyone for you too, just let me know." She blurted out, before sheepishly smiling. "I mean, if they're giving you a hard time. I didn't say that before... but I should have."

472 |

PEBBLES
FIFTY-TWO
FEMALE
SHE/HER
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply