Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Jan 1, 2020 23:07:27 GMT
tigerblaze
template by punki of adoxography
Cuz I'm a fighter, a tiger, see me walk through fire

try chain me up but i'll burst through, i'll defy ya
She waited.

The Mossy Clearing surrounded her like an old friend, the echo of birds faint in the distance. Earlier, Tigerblaze had awakened and, bored instantly, hatched a little plan in her mind. Admittedly, it had been because of her own activities; she had been tree climbing recently, and, reflecting on it, realized that it had been a skill she had learned in GorgeClan, not CreekClan. And whereas CreekClan warriors had no real reason to learn how to - they had a different diet than GorgeClan, why would they unnecessarily need to climb trees? - it was probably a skill they might be interested in learning. Something the warriors didn't know how to? What apprentice would say no?

So she had slipped into the apprentice's den, called for any cat who would be interested in climbing trees for fun and practice, promptly waking those who were still asleep, and left a moment later. Now, she understood that a majority of them probably had duties to attend to, whether it be in camp or with their mentors, but some cat had to be interested. Tigerblaze had coerced Plovertail to come along, letting him know where they were going to meet and asking him to round up the apprentices who wanted to come before she took off to their meeting location.

Honestly the Mossy Clearing was perfect. Easy to climb trees, soft ground. It would be hard to get hurt there. She only hoped that nothing happened that Spiderpaw couldn't fix.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair
knotspark Avatar
knotspark
Oneclan
Jan 2, 2020 8:17:34 GMT
knotpaw
i'll taste every moment and live it out-loud
[attr="class","bandittext"]With a mentor who was the size of a badger basically (at least, if you’d ask Knotpaw, he’d have told you so), there were some things that he just didn’t feel he was learning the right way. Or maybe, it was the right way for him. Knotpaw wasn’t the biggest cat, rather small compared to some apprentices and he often found his good mood soiled whenever Huckleberryroot called upon him to train. Being poor at sparring against a cat three times your size wasn’t something that the little gray and white tom saw increasing his spirits anytime soon.

He’d been delighted with the news that he’d receive a day off of training so long as he went sparring or accomplished some menial tasks around camp like fetching new moss and prey for the elders. Knotpaw had resolved that he’d spend his morning curled up in the warmth of his nest that he’d padded carefully with an extra layer of moss the night prior. Anyone who knew him knew the tom hated the cold, so it was no surprise that he was doing everything he could to keep his own nest insulated and comfortable.

And just as he’d started to doze off in the warmth of his nest with the idea that he’d do his work later, a bengal pelt slipped in. She spoke, offering training to anyone who wished to learn how to climb trees should meet her in the Mossy Clearing. And while at first, the tom had been inclined to decline the offer, he realized that this was an opportunity to train with someone other than Huckleberryroot.

Thusfar, his mentor had made him feel useless and like he’d never be much good at anything (not that he intended to. He was just so big!) and it was starting to wear on the little tom. So maybe, if he learned a new skill, he could show everyone - Blizzardpaw, Spiderpaw, Dawnpaw, or anyone who would watch him that he was super cool and had the ability to do things that not even his mentor could.

So he trotted through the snow despite his disdain for the cold, and offered a shy smile to the feline as he approached, his eyes scanning the mossy clearing to see if anyone else had come. All the same, he didn’t care too much. If he was the only one that showed, well that was even cooler to him! “Hey Tigerblaze!” The young apprentice chirped, offering her a smile as he approached.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Jan 3, 2020 9:53:51 GMT
He tagged along no less than a heartbeat after slim-limbed Tigerblaze offered her wisdom in climbing trees—of all things. Laying down on his flank, his head swiveled facing toward the warrior as he fended off his morning stupor. His mentor would indubitably mind a truant Larkspurpaw but the apprentice hardly cared. Tree climbing sounded fun, it was like the opposite of water diving and Larkspurpaw was a simple tom of extremes—as per his sister's declarations. Other apprentices joined as well, Knotpaw immediately catching his eye. Friendly competition, a voice in his head gleamed, and who'll learn the quickest out of the bunch? That motivated Larkspurpaw to his feet.

He traveled to the meeting place—silent. The winter breeze did most of the talking, the sting of stepping on snow quite loquacious, and a few scurrying creatures whetted his nose in anticipation. But he carried on, the camp a hazy memory behind him now. He approached the clearing, something simmering in his chest—maybe giddiness? A small smile almost reached his face, right beneath the surface like a prudent fish. Two bodies jumped into his sight and Larkspurpaw momentarily hesitated before trotting unfettered toward the pair. Really no use in worrying, he already knew the cats he was meeting.

Larkspurpaw quietly stared at Knotpaw and Tigerblaze as the former presumably greeted the latter. He didn't say anything and averted his gaze to the surrounding trees which swayed drunkly in the wind. The sun hit his face directly and he had to squint to see the very top of the trees. Imagine climbing all the way to the peak... it'd be an opposite drum of adrenaline to diving deep into crisp water. If Tigerblaze and Knotpaw were to spend this whole time talking, Larkspurpaw might as well just climb the tree himself—no instruction required. In fact, through the passing comments of other warriors, Larkspurpaw at least knew how not to climb a tree. But, how would one expertly climb a tree?

Deleted
PEBBLES
Jan 3, 2020 21:47:58 GMT
    Behind Tigerblaze was Plovertail. He sprinted to the apprentice's den with great energy and watched as first Knotpaw, then Larkspurpaw followed his comrade out to the Mossy Clearing. He spared a curious glance inside the dark den, his eyes wide. "Last chance to go tree climbing!" He called. "Demonstration by yours truly." finished the tom with a smug grin. He was quite ecstatic to get to show the apprentice's how to climb. The art of climbing was something the lanky tom had mastered back in GorgeClan. Where he struggled in fighting, he made up for in agility, speed, and balance. The tom could catch any squirrel in his heyday. He hoped that by the end of the day, the present apprentices would become experts in climbing as well. Plovertail just hoped that nostalgia wouldn't take him. He hated thinking about his past. He would never be proud of his former allegiance to GorgeClan. They can never be forgiven.

Upon noticing that no apprentice had budged, Plovertail turned around and made his way towards the camp entrance. If any cat wanted to come, they could still trail after him. If they can keep up with me, that is. Once he was in the territory, the tom would break into a swift sprint. He relished the feeling of his paws flattening the grass beneath him. And the luxurious way the wind felt as it blew in his fur. Oh, how he loved having the chance to run as fast as could.

Soon enough, the black tabby was in the Mossy Clearing. His pace hastened as the familiar scent of his clan-mates filled his nostrils. But he didn't stop as three felines came into sight. Instead, with great precision, he bunched up his muscles and leaped! He went flying towards the nearest tree, claws outstretched. And with a victorious chirp, he connected to the moss covered bark. He wasted no time scaling the large structure, leaping up onto the closest branch. There, he faced the 3 cats before him, panting.

"Tigerblaze!" He grinned in greeting before facing the apprentices. "Ready to learn some climbing skills?!" 

@larkspurclaw, , , and @whoever followed Plovertail if any

Deleted
PEBBLES
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Jan 5, 2020 6:21:59 GMT

NOTES: HERE
TAGGED:
WORD COUNT: 190
"Plovertail! Wait up!" Dawnpaw gave a loud grumble. As much as he enjoyed adventure, he was not the most graceful or speedy cat. He tumbled over the territory like a bulldozer, the weeds and undergrowth crushed beneath his paws. He was also a rather slow-learner. It took him several journeys to memorize where the Mossy Clearing was, even though he trained there often. 

Panting, Dawnpaw managed to reach the Mossy Clearing a little later than the other cats, glad for Plovertail's scent trail to guide him. He envied Knotpaw's smaller frame that seemed to swim easily through CreekClan territory.

"I bet you I'm a natural!"
Dawnpaw boasted as he hoisted himself up onto the same trunk as Plovertail. He gazed back down at Tigerblaze and Larkspurpaw. Larkspurpaw was being rather quiet today. "Well? What are yall waiting for?"

The ginger apprentice did not care or know that GorgeClan blood ran through his veins as much as it did for Tigerblaze. As far as he was concerned, he was a CreekClan-bred apprentice and tree-climbing was an intriguing novelty to him. 

made by duke of gangnam style

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Jan 11, 2020 20:26:10 GMT
tigerblaze
template by punki of adoxography
Cuz I'm a fighter, a tiger, see me walk through fire

try chain me up but i'll burst through, i'll defy ya
Tigerblaze didn't have to wait long. Soon, as she expected, apprentices were bounding into the clearing with what she saw as undisguised anticipation. "Heya Knotpaw! Larkspurpaw," she greeted, giving both a friendly nod of greeting. They had arrived around the same time and she suspected they roused with her first, not-so-quiet greeting in their den. Which was fine, as least they were there.

Plovertail arrived next and she flicked her tail at him, a snort of laughter escaping her. "
I'd sure hope that's what they're here for. I'm not changing today's lesson for some spoil-sports." Her amusement soon turned into exhasperation as Dawnpaw flung himself onto and up the target tree for the day. Impressive, she had to admit, especially for a CreekClan apprentice who, she assumed, had no previous tree-climbing experience - why would he, they swam for their prey - but still dangerous, especially with no cat in a position to help him if his climb had gone wrong. 

"
Alright, you show-off. Are we allowed to teach the lesson or do you want to show everyone how quickly someone can get hurt first?" Tigerblaze was teasing, and she let it show, but her words still had some seriousness to them. Still, she didn't want Dawnpaw to think she was actually angry at him, so she continued with, "Dawnpaw had a good running start and did a good job with climbing, but that's not the only way to climb, and it's not the best way either for your first climb."

Wandering over to the tree, she gestured for Plovertail to join her. "Plovertail, will you climb up first? Slowly, to show them how? I'll stay here to watch and advise and we can be on either end to help if we need be." Tigerblaze glanced back at the two apprentices still on the ground, gesturing them over as well. "Choose between yourselves to see who'll climb first. The first step is to hook both sets of claws nice and tight into the wood, or in this case, moss. You can go deep, but if you go too deep, you'll get them stuck and have to spend time yanking them out. You want them tight but loose, if that makes sense. When you pull, make sure you pull with your entire limb, don't try to just use your claws or you'll rip them off."

She stepped backwards, giving the two room for their first attempt but sticking by close enough that if something went wrong, she wouldn't be too far away to help. "
Try pulling yourself fully onto the tree and hang there for a second. Once you feel you're stable, try to climb higher - no need to rush it, this isn't a competition and can you imagine how mad Seawatcher and Spiderpaw will be if you needlessly hurt yourself?"

@plovertail @larkspurclaw

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair

Quick Reply