misunderstood

hornetcall Avatar
hornetcall
Oneclan
Jan 1, 2020 4:36:17 GMT
[googlefont="Girassol"][googlefont="Poppins"]
[attr="class","bandittttttttt1"]
[attr="class","bandittttttttt3"]HORNETCALL
[attr="class","bandittttttttt2"] The morning had begun like any other. Rising early for a hunting patrol near the river. The patrol had been fairly successful, not something that happened often this time of year, but as Hornetcall’s favorite part of winter was the ice fishing, he excelled and brought home two decently sized fish that would easily fill the bellies of the queens or the elders. He’d decided - well he had before he’d arrived to camp, that was - that he was going to take a nap and enjoy a seldom afternoon off. Until he’d nearly ran Berrychirp over on his way into camp, and then they’d gone out fishing once more.

In truth, her company filled his head with silly notions that he could one day be happy too. Like how she and Huckleberryroot had once been. And admittedly - though he would never say it outloud - the fact that the two of them had each other made the ginger tom feel so empty and alone. He’d been shut out of their friendship long ago, but he was careful not to dwell on it because it was easier that way. Hornetcall was better at pretending he wasn’t hurting than admitting he had feelings - even the smallest of ones. He kept his head held high often and avoided the possibility of being hurt because it was easier. So he avoided him. And in turn, he avoided her. But today, that was different.

They’d spent a few hours together, just enjoying each others company. Something they hadn’t done since they were apprentices. They’d stood close together, pelts touching, out on the ice and walked through the territory in silence. Unlike most, they didn’t need words to be comfortable. Hornetcall quietly wondered how often Huckleberryroot was able to accomplish that. He knew his brother’s temper and knew the way he could act so childish. He doubted the tom had the ability to sit for more than five minutes without speaking. So, he supposed, he knew the answer.

By the time he’d arrived back, his second, voluntary patrol of the day was getting ready to leave camp to inspect the scent of foxes that had been found. And by the time he returned once more from a long and rather boring trek along the riverbanks - going back and forth twice for good measure - he felt like his eyes were going to fall closed as he bowed his head to dismiss the apprentice and younger warrior who had accompanied him. Standing outside of the camp, the tom stretched his long limbs and breathed in the cold air sharply, shivering at the way it burned his lungs.

And just as he went to push his way through the camp, he heard a voice bellow his name out from behind him. Turning slowly, the ginger tom did his best to hide the grimace that touched his features. Great. He thought inwardly, his eyes falling on the form of his brother. Must we do this again?

[attr="class","bandittttttttt4"]502 | | bandit

[newclass=".bandittttttttt1"]background-color:#222; width:350px; padding:40px 10px;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt3"]background-color:#D3A56E; width:190px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; position:relative; z-index:4; margin-top:-20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt2"]text-align:justify; background-color:#333; border:30px solid #222; font-family:Poppins; margin-top:20px; width:270px; padding:20px; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt2 b"]color:#D3A56E; font-weight:normal;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt4"]background-color:#D3A56E; margin-top:20px; width:350px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-SIX
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Jan 7, 2020 2:32:04 GMT
The ferocious fire that burned in the toms belly was hardly that surprising, especially after what he had smelt on his mate earlier that day. The smell of a tom he knew all too well, a tom he shared close relations to and who smelled strongly of pine needles and the sweet scent of nectar. Hornetcall and Berrychirp were with each other and fairly recently from the smell of it. It rubbed Huckleberryroot the wrong way. To smell another man on his mate, his woman. And given how he knew how Hornetcall felt didn't help the situation, perhaps even making it worse. In the very least Huckleberryroot was able to identify that he might be over reacting, that he was blowing things out of proportionate - misunderstanding the situation. However, unlike his brother the massive brown and white tabby was never known to sit and think things through. He was his brothers counterpart - wild, impulsive, and emotional. Hornetcall was the ice to his fire, his calm to his storm. The brothers were two sides of a coin that while complementing each other, always reacted in a volatile way towards one another. Even as young apprentices and children the brothers had their fights, albeit they were much more childish and naive to the very idea of having a falling out with each other. Yet the anger burned out of control inside of Huckleberryroot, tinting his vision with a hazy red color. The tom was on a mission, the type of mission no one could get in his way of completing. A low menacing growl bubbled from deep within his chest, brown eyes narrowed into angry slits and a tail lashing wildly behind him.

The tom had just left his mates company. Being able to relax and let loose with Berrychirp felt liberating. He couldn't recall the last time his mate and him laughed so freely with one another. It was almost like they were young again, newly wedded mates playing with each other and enjoying each other's company. It brought happy memories that had long been since buried under more recent events. Yet when the snow settled and the mated pair went their different ways Huck lost all that jovial attitude and instead was filled with utter contentment towards his other half. And so this brings him to where he is now, on a man hunt searching for his brothers golden white pelt.

It took him a while to catch his brothers scent, but when he found it he locked onto it like a lifeline. There were no words available to explain how Huckleberryroot felt. What he did know was he had to keep Hornetcall as far away from Berrychirp as possible. She was his as much as he was hers and he'd be damned if he let his brother take her away from him. They had not been mates for over twenty moons for no reason. Berrychirp stayed by his side for a reason, just like how he stayed by hers and never gave up on her even when it felt like she had to him. Through thick and thin.

The realization of how much a jerk Huckleberryroot sounded was lost on him. He didn't trust Hornetcall to use his sweetened poisonous words to sway Berrychirp from his side. His brother was a snake, always tempting and manipulating those to get his way, for a more favourable outcome to present itself. So in an attempt to protect Berrychirp from his brothers wickedness he did everything within his power to keep them separated. Obviously he had failed for the two friends had found their way to one another. Brown eyes narrowed on a familiar pelt and with a screech Huckleberryroot called out to his brother, paws picking up their pace until he was in a full out charge. "HORNETCALL, YOU BASTARD!" And the next thing he knew he was pouncing on his brothers back and pinning him, claws unsheathed to prove he meant to shed blood. "Give me one good reason not to tear out your throat this very moment."

- I honestly didn't feel like posting with my template x.x

PEBBLES
50 moons
Male
Hetero
Devi
hornetcall Avatar
hornetcall
Oneclan
Apr 16, 2020 6:43:59 GMT
[googlefont="Girassol"][googlefont="Poppins"]
[attr="class","bandittttttttt1"]
[attr="class","bandittttttttt3"]HORNETCALL
[attr="class","bandittttttttt2"] Hornetcall was, understandably, surprised by the sudden outburst from Huckleberryroot. While he'd always known his brother to be... well unstable at best, this was uncharacteristic. They'd scrapped a few times in the past, sure, but this felt different. With the mountain of a cat ontop of him, Hornetcall found himself frighteningly calm despite the situation and stared up at his brother with disinterest.

"I would have thought you knew that it is frowned upon to attack a fellow clanmate. Delusion isn't an acceptable excuse, Huckleberry." His voice remained even, unwavering until he used his powerful hind legs to shove the other tom off of him, pushing himself to his paws. "What is your problem now? If this is about me almost trampling Berrychirp, I apologized. I couldn't see her when I came in. She already reassured me it was fine, she doesn't need you running to defend her honor or protect her, you psycho."

The tom was remarkably calm despite the threat made on his life, and he'd likely stay that way. He was calm and calculative all the time, it was almost frightening to see how much he could distance himself from his emotions when it came to his brother. "Don't make me fight you here, you idiot. I won't hold back, and you've never been the strongest at fighting."

Hornetcall knew that Berrychirp likely hadn't told her mate about him running her over in the middle of camp. If anything, it was likely another member of their clan that had stuck their nose where it didn't belong. He was, understandably, impatient with the idea of someone stepping into his business, but that didn't matter now. Apparently, Huckleberryroot was ready to rip his throat out, as laughable of a concept that was to the tom.

"You need to be less possessive. It's an unattractive quality and I seriously doubt that it's something Berrychirp appreciates."

[attr="class","bandittttttttt4"]319 | | bandit

[newclass=".bandittttttttt1"]background-color:#222; width:350px; padding:40px 10px;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt3"]background-color:#D3A56E; width:190px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; position:relative; z-index:4; margin-top:-20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt2"]text-align:justify; background-color:#333; border:30px solid #222; font-family:Poppins; margin-top:20px; width:270px; padding:20px; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt2 b"]color:#D3A56E; font-weight:normal;[/newclass][newclass=".bandittttttttt4"]background-color:#D3A56E; margin-top:20px; width:350px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-SIX
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Apr 19, 2020 1:50:57 GMT

co"Don't patronize me dear brother, this isn't me attacking you." Huckleberryroot hissed before he got off the other tom, an angry lash of his tail purposely aimed at Hornetcall's head. The rage was still there, but he honestly didn't have the energy required to fight Hornetcall on a physical basis. He was tired, so very tired of this game. The constant feeling of inadequateness when compared to his brother. Much as he hated to admit it Huckleberryroot knew Hornetcall was better than him in almost every way. Where Huck was impulsive and emotional, Hornet was cool and collected. Nothing Huckleberryroot did cause the other tom to react strongly. He was passive towards anything, never letting his emotions get the better of him and it infuriated Huckleberryroot. "Even with a death threat you hardly blink. Why Berrychirp continues to sing you praises is beyond me." Huckleberryroot snarled out.

"Too bad it's not her honor I'm protecting mouse-brain," the warrior grumbled out while he continued to eye his brother. He effectively decided to ignore Hornetcall's dig and instead elected to roll his eyes. "Such big talk for such a mouse-heart." Perhaps he didn't ignore him like he thought he did. "And there is no attractiveness by being so thick-coated," Huckleberryroot snapped back. Honestly he never understood how Hornetcall could be so cold, so callous at times. It was a no real wonder why he had very few friends, let alone those he can actually call friends.

250 ● ● what a moody teenager also sorry for the shortness... im kinda ehh
deltra of gangnam style

PEBBLES
50 moons
Male
Hetero
Devi
hornetcall Avatar
hornetcall
Oneclan
Apr 26, 2020 4:23:10 GMT
hornetcall
i know there's no life after you
[attr="class","bandittext"]Hornetcall found himself looking at Huckleberryroot with a bored look on his face. His amber eyes locked on his brother's and while he managed to control the roll of his eyes when he was told not to patronize him, he found himself letting out a sigh, one that heaved his shoulders downward and showed just how weighing he found this conversation to be. "Do you often jump upon friends with your claws unsheathed, threatening to tear their throat out? Or am I mistaking your words for a playful gesture?" He spoke with a pointed tone. "If that's not you looking for a fight, then you really need to work on your greetings."

As Huckleberryroot climbed off of him, Hornetcall rolled over and then rose to his paws, shaking his fluffy ginger pelt out to remove the snow and twigs from his pelt before sitting himself before the moody brown tabby. Watching the tom snarl at him brought no reaction other than a simple reply of, "I learned a long time ago to cast aside irrational fears, Huckleberryroot. You would have to be stupid to actually try to kill me, and we both know you haven't got the skills to do so. What Berrychirp thinks of me is none of your concern, frankly. She's allowed to have friends outside of your courtship."

Another sigh sounded from the tom as his brother immaturely grumbled and snapped at him as if he was a kit. "Do you truly have nothing better to do then, Huckleberryroot, besides look for a fight? I'm not going to fight you, and I'm not going to sit here and listen to you call me names when I can be taking care of my clan and apparently your mate since you find this to be such a clever use of your time. I have hunting to do. You should find more ways to make yourself useful for the sake of the clan and act less like a kit throwing a temper tantrum."

He made no effort to move, wanting to make sure that Huckleberryroot was't going to try anything stupid and hoping that he'd slink off on his own instead. He wasn't about to turn his back on an unstable warrior - regardless of if it was his own mouse-brained brother or not. And while it was true that Hornetcall was not going to fight him, he would at very least defend himself from anything that could potentially injure him. Which included the deranged.

[newclass=".bandittext b"]color:#508ae4;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
FIFTY-SIX
MALE
HE/HIM
HETEROSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply