you are the reason

pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 21:52:41 GMT

365 WORDS

for pear and falcon! this will be interesting

It was nearing midnight, and the wind chilled every cat to the bone. There was not a soul awake, or so Pearfrost thought. The small warrior gazed in solemn exasperation across the river at MoorClan and CreekClan's territories. She had not returned to the camp today. She simply couldn't.

Recently, the Clan had been suspicious of Pearfrost not bringing fresh-kill back for the Clan. A rumor spread about the ex-Bonestar supporter, accusing her of eating it herself. Unfortunately, the truth was Pearfrost simply had trouble hunting alone now that prey had run scarcer and scarcer. Many cats worked in teams to drive out prey from their winter burrows. But not Pearfrost. No one wanted to work with her on anything, even a task as simple and as mundane as hunting.

Even when she was assigned to patrols, Pearfrost lacked the motivation to keep up with their hunts. She often wandered off alone again, avoiding the snarky remarks and pointed confrontations. Pearfrost did not speak out against the other cats' accusations either. Many of them were true. She could not deny it.

She could not help but be jealous of Peachwish. Her beautiful and charming sister who could sweep any cat off their feet in an instant. If Pearfrost had the same kind of charm, maybe, just maybe, she would fit in a little more and actually support the Clan.

And so tonight she was ashamed. 

"You foolish coward of a cat," she growled at herself for her inadequate social skills. She managed to find a sheltered spot by a large tree. The wind howled and ruffled her fur. Tonight she considered leaving GorgeClan. Cats did not seem to want or need her here anyway. She laid down and lost herself in her confused thoughts. 

A snap of some tree branch or forest debris startled her. Her mood already soiled, the fiery she-cat turned to see a peek of brown fur. How dare someone spy on her? It was like her Clanmates to be so distrustful and secretive.

"How dare...!" Without hesitation, she gave a loud snarl and sprung at the intruder. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 22:20:19 GMT

we lived too long to be so loved.

Thoughts had absorbed Falconcry like quicksand, falling deeper and deeper with every mindless step. He had drawn his way to Rushing Waters, as he had repeatedly done in the past. It was his favorite place to come ponder things on his mind and was honestly becoming a habit.

Trivial problems consumed him as he padded aimlessly onward. He had been so deep in thought that he hadn’t even heard the whooshing of fauna nearby.

With no time to react a white and brown flash of fur came pouncing directly at him from the brush. A mass surge of fear spiked through him, as his hackles raised and he stumbled backward. He breathed deeply, only to be greeted by the smell of Pearfrost.

“Pearfrost! What in the name of Starclan are you doing!? Get off me!”

He gave a light shove to the she-cat in an attempt to remove her claws from his fur.

What in the name of Starclan just happened? Was she trying to attack me? What if the rumors are true!?

“What are you doing out here Pearfrost and what was that for?” Said the tom curiously with an underlying sternness in his tone.

197 Words

Notes
Lmao this is the perfect start to a thread

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 22:34:45 GMT

264 WORDS

NOTES

Falconcry. Serves her right for not scenting before pouncing. The wind had been blowing too hard for her to put effort into identifying the cat before she had attacked. She and Falconcry had trained together at times when they were younger. He was a peculiar one, she thought. Not a bad cat.

"In the name of StarClan, I'm purposely interrupting your midnight stroll," Pearfrost gave a pointed and annoyed reply to Falconcry's surprised comment. She stepped off of the brown tom, cleaning a small tuft of his fur out of her claws.

"What are you doing out here Pearfrost and what was that for?" Falconcry had asked her. Pearfrost gave a little snort. Since when was it that a GorgeClan cat could not wander out to their leisure in their own territory?

"Obviously stealing the Clan's prey and eating it all by myself," she purred sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. It was ridiculous the things that the Clan came up with. Her ribs were beginning to show through her fur and if anything, Pearfrost was eating less than the rest of the Clan. She had little appetite, and the shame of taking other cats' kills while being thought of as a non-contributor made eating in the camp unbearable.

Falconcry's sternness almost amused her. Why so serious? Why was every cat so serious? It wasn't like she ripped his throat open. She turned her equally curious amber eyes back at Falconcry. "I could ask you the same thing. Did Fangstar tell you to spy on me?" 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 23:03:00 GMT

Falconcry stood, moving his slightly aching legs from the earlier tussle. His train of thought was halted and he was feeling a little sour now. The tom hadn’t decided how he felt about Pearfrost. He didn’t always agree with the hateful lens his clanmates viewed her through. Yes, she was feisty, extremely determined, and came across a little spitfire at times, but he didn’t think she was a monster.

His eyes rolled to her response.
Quite witty with her comebacks, and quick too.

There was something about Pearfrost that made Falconcry feel like he could be blunt and true at the moment. Of course, not every moment was a particularly happy one, but honesty was good nonetheless.

“I was thinking about some things. I come here a lot. If Fangstar asked me to spy on you, you’d think I would have done a better job spying than just walking aimlessly right?”

Falconcry took a deep breathe, letting his tinge of annoyance from earlier ease away. Honestly, he felt a little sorry for the she-cat. She had been socially rejected by the clan. He couldn’t begin to imagine how it felt.

“So really, why are you out here?”

204 Words

Notes
n/A

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 23:20:48 GMT

236 WORDS

NOTES

Why was she out here? 

"Well," the small she gave a dejected and genuine sigh. She was not about to admit that she was too ashamed and afraid of rumors to return to the camp. So she simply meowed the next closest thing to honesty she could muster. "I can't exactly go back empty-pawed again, can I?" 

She scanned the taller tom, feeling slightly inadequate in his more confident demeanor. Sure, he might be telling the truth. But Pearfrost doubted his spying abilities anyway.
Certainly, he was not out here for the same reason, was he?

"Does thinking really require walking around in the cold near a dangerous river...?" she raised an eyebrow skeptically, but to her surprise, stifled a small amused giggle. Her stomach churned a little. What was she, a kit?

She shook herself and tried her hardest to meet Falconcry's gaze. 

For a long time since their father's death, Pearfrost had not cared too much about the individuals in the Clan. It had seemed that everyone had the same mob mentality. She had viewed them as a whole. She had not really chatted one on one with other cats. So Pearfrost tried to remind herself how to chat again. Socialize, smile, what not.

It felt a little strange. Pearfrost had always met the Clan's hostility with her own. It didn't appear that Falconcry had the same approach. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 23:50:57 GMT

Falconcry lowered himself, sitting in the cold dirt. He was feeling a lot more relaxed now and his brain no longer buzzed with the thoughts that occupied him earlier.

The tom sat listening to her words, a small pang of sadness lingered inside him. Her voice trickled, leaving behind a little emotion that weighed on him. He knew he shouldn’t be so sensitive, but he couldn’t help it.

Falconcry smiled softly
 “Well, I’m free right now. Would you be up for hunting together?”

He flicked his ear, a chuckle reciprocating her own.

“Well of course it does! Where else is thinking supposed to be done?”

108 Words

Notes
n/A

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Dec 31, 2019 0:34:10 GMT

257 WORDS

NOTES

"Hunt? right now?" Pearfrost gave a frown and a loud grumble. "I suppose you fancy getting your fur blown in the wrong direction in this weather?" 

She gave Falconcry an amused look. Wouldn't want to mess up that interesting coloration of his. "Save your fur. I don't need that kind of pity."

The problem with Pearfrost, of course, was not only that she lacked a hunting companion. She also lacked motivation to hunt for a Clan that was anything but appreciative of her efforts. No, she would stay right where she sat, away from the wind and the rain that could blow the tiny she off her paws. She gave a huff and plopped back down in her make-shift nest. Hunting was not her mood right now. She'd been hunting all day with no luck. She turned back to Falconcry.

Well, it seemed like the tom at least reacted in a pleasant way to her laughter. He seemed strangely comfortable around her. He even made it seem like the matter was trivial somehow: “Well of course it does! Where else is thinking supposed to be done?” 

"Oh you know, in a warm den in the comforts of your nest. But I guess that's not your style?"
Then again, it wasn't really her style either. She met his eyes again, this time more smoothly. His carefree demeanor seemed to spark her interest. 

"What kind of deep and profound philosophies are you thinking about, anyway?
" she lightly teased in her characteristic sarcasm. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Dec 31, 2019 12:25:19 GMT

Falconcry smiled, even warmer this time. He found himself enjoying the conversation, even though it had a strange start. Something about the she-cat was peculiar in an exciting kind of way. She was quite mysterious, but friendly despite what his clan-mates thought.

“Maybe I do enjoy it! You never know”

He teased lightly, his tail snaking behind him.

“Well, we’ll have to hunt another time then. When you’re feeling up for it, let me know!”

The tom had been feeling quite lonely as of late. During the cold season, cats became less active and chatty, each huddling in their nests and only leaving whenever necessary. He admired Pearfrost out here in the cold. He wondered about her. Although their conversation had been short, he was keen to know more.

“It doesn’t seem to be your style either!”
Falconcry flicked his paw, gesturing to their chilly surroundings.

"What kind of deep and profound philosophies are you thinking about, anyway?"

Falconcry thought for a moment, hesitant to answer. He decided to be truthful, for he had no reason to deny anything.

“Honestly, at first I was thinking of my apprentice Wolfpaw. How I could teach him better and what he needs to work on.”

He looked to the sky. It cast a pale, white hue against the Earth.

“Then I started thinking about life, and Moorclan. What I want really.”

He turned to her, his eyes meeting hers.

“What about you? What's on your mind?”

243 words

FALCONCRY

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Dec 31, 2019 19:07:47 GMT

247 WORDS

NOTES

Pearfrost found it rather strange that this tom was so warmly smiling at her. It reminded her of how her sister, Peachwish, made many cats smile at the slightest word. She had a hard time believing that Falconcry's warmth was genuine, but decided to play along nevertheless.

"Well, it's more my style since there isn't exactly any cat I'd cuddle with at home," Pearfrost joked. The thought of being so close to other cats made her a little squeamish. During leaf-bare, cats would huddle together at night for warmth and while it was warm, made her reasonably uncomfortable. 

“Then I started thinking about life, and Moorclan. What I want really.” The tom actually answered her question. Pearfrost was beginning to think perhaps the two of them were more similar than she thought.

"MoorClan," she observed in his words carefully. "What does this have to do with MoorClan?"

"If you're here about what you want in Clan life, I... might just be thinking the same thing,"
she continued. Pearfrost then looked away, slightly embarrassed as Falconcry's gaze turned to her.

To be quite frank, Pearfrost did not interact with toms often. It was always a role that she left to her mother and sister, something that she envied greatly. And here she was, alone, with a Clanmate about the same age as her. It was a situation that she never encountered before, and thus did not understand the warmth in her cheeks and the butterflies in her stomach.

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Jan 9, 2020 18:38:25 GMT

The tom laughed lightly at her comment.

There was a touch of truth in their banter- no one to appreciate cuddling within the warrior's den. Sure, he occasionally liked the comfiness, but it wasn't the kind of feeling he had been secretly hoping for.

"Well, life has a lot to due with Gorgeclan. As a Gorgeclanner we eat and breathe the warrior code every day. Deep down, I think I'm searching for the future I truly wish to have."

"If you're here about what you want in Clan life, I... might just be thinking the same thing,"

A straight smile lined his lips.
He couldn't blame the she-cat for wanting anything different when it seems the clan ran against her.

Falconcry's voice dropped, a warm, serious tone engulfing his words.

"What is it that you want in your life?"

138 words

FALCONCRY

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Jan 13, 2020 18:26:12 GMT

194 WORDS

NOTES

She gave a sigh. She knew Falconcry was a loyal GorgeClan warrior at heart. It was unfortunate she could not say the same for herself. Although Falconcry's words were warm, she could not help but reply with an icy edge.

"No idea," she replied frankly. "At least under Bonestar I had a purpose. I'm not really a good cat, was better off then. I'm not sure there's a future for me now."

And here he's going to scold me for saying that, Pearfrost thought to herself as soon as the words came out of her mouth. The last time they'd chatted next to the river with Featherpaw had not been friendly in the least. She was surprised that the tom bothered to speak to her today.

She wanted to impress him, yet her self-esteem would not let her. Pearfrost chided herself for having such thoughts. Falconcry was probably disgusted at worst, cautious at best. She was not Peachwish. There was no reason to believe she had any chance with them.

"Maybe," she meowed before she could stop herself. "Maybe during Bonestar's rule, I just liked the attention." 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO

Quick Reply