it's my dream don't wake me [Birchfeather]

Dec 30, 2019 5:20:02 GMT

❝ In the garden of evil
I'm gonna be the greatest
In a golden cathedral
I'll be praying for the faithless❞

Unusually quiet, Birchpaw sat a fair distance away. Eyes affixed to the entrance of the medicine cat's den. The events of Pinepaw stupidly endangering his life and that of Featherpaw's life had been quickly spread about the camp. Within a matter of hours, everyone knew what happened or had hard some variations of events. All that Birchpaw cared to know and have confirmed for him was that Featherpaw was okay. Or so it seemed. The illness that seemed to attack at random hadn't yet raised it's ugly head to sap away Featherpaw's health. While it was unfair to be angry at Pinepaw, the white tabby tom found it nearly impossible not to hold onto some amount of resentment. It was pure luck that neither of them had been struck ill.

Flexing his claws to extend, they curled into the earth of the camp floor. It was then he realized how long he had sat in the same spot. The ground flattened by the weight of him. Concluding he had been idle too long, Birchpaw ventured from his spot toward the fresh-kill pile. His nose flared with a mixture of fresh and stale prey scents.

Using a fore-paw to seek out the freshest piece of prey, he headed in the direction of the medicine cat's den. His paws had no hesitation, the risk of illness not even aforethought. He had enough faith in medicine cats to spare. If he did get sick by StarClan's will he would either overcome it or meet his ancestors in StarClan quicker then planned.

With the prey in his jaw, Birchpaw poked his head into the medicine cat's den. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust but once he did, he struggled to speak around the prey piece. His words muffled with prey fur.

Featherpaw, are you hungry?"

Word Count

Notes: 
credit to Laura of Adox

Deleted
PEBBLES
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 6:00:40 GMT
FEATHERPAW
Featherpaw did not like blaming others, so she decided not to. Part of her wanted to be at least a little annoyed at Pinepaw, but she pushed that part of her away. Instead, Featherpaw did what she always did in these situations, and blamed herself. She should not have been so close in the first place - sure, she had not crossed the boundary, but she knew better, and all the same she had been about to. Rather than taking things into her own paws she should have gone and told someone with more authority instead. Not that even Fangstar scolded him did much good initially, other than startling him out of his fur.

Besides, being confined to the den was not so bad. She did that anyway.

So, with herbs sorted - she was allowed to touch them not that Flickerfrost had deemed her fine, though she was still under camp rest for the moment all the same despite "making herself useful - Featherpaw was resting in her nest with her head on her paws, staring at the rows upon rows of shrinking herb piles and wishing leafbare would end already. At least she could continue working herself by going over each of their names, uses and gathering locations as best as she could remember. That way she would still do good in future tests her mentor gave her, and she wouldn't get bored lying around either.

The den sure was far less interesting when forced to stay there.

As though Starclan had read her mind - which was always a possibility, though unlike in this matter, she supposed - featherpaw's ears flicked to hear a familiar voice, along with a question that set her stomach quietly answering for itself. "Birchpaw?" she called back, stutter lost on one of the few cats who did not make her uncomfortable most of the time. Her voice was, however, colored with surprise.

Rising to her paws, Featherpaw shook a little moss out of her pelt, cast a glance toward the still-confined Pinepaw, and padded around him toward the entrance of the den. She could not help her eyes lighting up at the prey the tom held in his mouth, and while she still approached a little shyly out of habit, and sat down in the den entrance all the same and curled her tail over her paws.

"Thanks," she offered softly, her blink still shy but warm. "I am actually."

Notes | Aaaww he's a cutie, also I figured they are already at least kinda-friends
Tagged | @birchpelt

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Jan 10, 2020 4:41:13 GMT
[attr="class","bang"]
[attr="class","bangimg"]
[attr="class","banglyric"]I will find my way
I can go the distance
I'll be there someday
If I can be strong

[attr="class","bangtext"]
As she emerged from the depths of the medicine cat den, Birchpaw knew his eyes shined with excitement. Embarrassed a bit by his feelings for her, the young tom had to constantly remind himself it wasn't allowed. Not that message ever stopped his heart from picking up pace. His belly even joined the fray, fluttering about as if he had just eaten his weight in butterflies.

Presenting the prey piece for her taking, Birchpaw's charming smile returned. He couldn't help but glance behind the she-cat before him to see if he could spy Pinepaw in the background. He knew it wasn't his place to reprimand the tom, instead, he remained grateful that he hadn't decided to get up as well. "If you are still hungry after that I can get you another one, it's a little small," The remark about the prey piece was more about wanting another excuse to be in her company.

The warrior-code abiding part of him chirped in the back of his mind. Featherpaw couldn't have any interest in him, the crush he clung had to come to an end at some point. However, despite the protests of that part of him, he found a reason to hold on.

Ears shifting to rid himself of the thoughts, Birchpaw mirrored the she-cat. His tail twisting behind him. "Are you feeling okay?" A stupid question to ask a she-cat whose entire life was focused about knowing signs of illness, he was too late to pull back the question. He wanted to play it off cool, trying to pull off some level of confidence but it didn't seem to muster. Almost as if any attempts to impress Featherpaw was thwarted by an unseen force. Probably StarClan, their way of telling me I'm clawing up the wrong tree," The thought crossed his mind, followed by a reminder of how pretty Featherpaw's eyes were.

Every bit as helpless, Birchpaw found words for a better question, a way to keep the conversation going at any cost. "How much longer are you gonna be stuck in your den?" A genuine question, Birchpaw didn't mention he looked forward to helping her collect herbs. Considering nothing could come of his crush, Birchpaw tried in vain to disguise it as wanting to be a trusted warrior to the future medicine cat of GorgeClan. One she could lean on to be her protector and hero.

[attr="class","bangtag"]word count @tag here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.bang]background-color:#fcfcfc;color:#444;padding:40px;width:300px;border:solid #eee 1px[/newclass]
[newclass=.bangimg]margin: 0 auto;width:191px;height: 155px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(49% 0, 0 76%, 100% 76%);-ms-clip-path: polygon(49% 0, 0 76%, 100% 76%);-moz-clip-path: polygon(49% 0, 0 76%, 100% 76%);-o-clip-path:polygon(49% 0, 0 76%, 100% 76%);clip-path: polygon(49% 0, 0 76%, 100% 76%);background:url('https://i.imgur.com/mKw5vTo.png');opacity:0.9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.banglyric]width:200px;margin-top:-40px;font-size:20px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:Oswald;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bangtext]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;line-height:15px;color:#666;width:230px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bangtext b]color: #555; transition: 0.9s ease; -moz-transition: 0.9s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.9s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bangtext:hover b]color:#48a28a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bangtag]font-size:9px;line-height:12px;text-align:right;color:#888;letter-spacing:1px;width:230px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bangtag span]color:#48a28a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:right;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

Deleted
PEBBLES
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Jan 10, 2020 6:09:15 GMT
FEATHERPAW
The way his eyes shone as he looked at her, as she took the piece of prey he offered, made her feel appreciated. It warmed her, and she could not help but smile back at him. She hoped he felt appreciated, too. She really did love having a friend around who just...seemed to care without any strings attached. A friend...it was a nice feeling. One that made her briefly question if she was glowing at the thought, before dismissing it was impossibly ridiculous.

Instead, the apprentice leaned down to take a bite of the prey he had offered her, before purring in delight. A little embarrassed at the purr over just a piece of prey, it took some effort not to choke on her bite, before she swallowed awkwardly and peered sheepishly up at him. "N-no, just one is fine, thanks!" she assured, before ducking her head down to eat the rest of the prey. Honestly she almost wanted to wolf it down, if not for her own medical experience knowing it would be a silly thing to do.

Instead, the molly allowed herself to pause her eating as Birchpaw spoke.

Whatever weirdness Birchpaw saw in his question, Featherpaw hardly noticed beyond the words themselves. Asking it so much to others, it hardly surprised her to hear it, and the apprentice simply blinked up at him as she did a mental check over her health for any odd symptoms. After an experimental sniff of the air, inhaling little more than the scent of herbs, the other two apprentices, and the prey at her paws, she gave a slight nod. "I believe so - nothing weird, anyway, and I would know if I caught that scent again..."

Trailing off, Featherpaw grew quiet for a moment as she shuddered at the memory, before forcing it aside. In case she worried him, she offered the tom a reassuring glance - at least she hoped it was - before ducking back to her meal. It would seem the tom was intent on conversation, however, as she barely got a few more bites before he spoke again. Not that she minded, in all honesty. It was nice to have company she was a little more relaxed around.

"Not much longer I think," the apprentice offered hopefully, ears flicking as she glanced back into the gloom toward Flickerfrost's empty nest. "Perhaps a few days?" Gaze drifting back toward the tom again, she tilted her head softly, whiskers twitching. It was polite to ask things in return...right?

"How is your training going? Is it fun?"

Notes |
Tagged | @birchpelt

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Jan 15, 2020 5:16:36 GMT
[attr="class","birch"]
[attr="class","birchimg"]
[attr="class","birchlyric"]I will find my way
I can go the distance
I'll be there someday
If I can be strong

[attr="class","birchtext"]
Her reply that the single prey was enough, aided in relaxing Birchpaw's over eager nature. The need to please and help quelled by her words.

Adding comfort to the calm, was Featherpaw's reply about feeling alright. His own understanding of The Spore was null and void compared to the healers of the Clan, he had enough sense to be wary of strange scents. Not one to fret over the future or dangers out in the territory, Birchpaw found it hard to stop a more manic thought process.

The Spore remained a mystery, a threat that seemed all too willing to strike without cause. Birchpaw wasn't one to take kindly to randomness, he preferred the predictable in a reasonable sense. Not overly ridged but instead a decent understanding of how to avoid dangers or early death.

Don't walk too close to adder nests, watch for spiders in cobwebs. Don't eat strange planets without checking first it's safe. The Spore was nothing like that. No rules, scary unique in that way.

Nodding along at the mention she'd likely only be stuck in the medicine cat's den for a few more days. Birchpaw smiled. He thought of offering to join her on any future herb hunts but kept the question to himself. A sinking feeling in his stomach reminded him that Flickerfrost probably wouldn't let her go.

Excited to be asked a question, Birchpaw's smile grew. Always willing to talk training with whoever spared a moment to listen.

"It's going great! Vervainflower is such an amazing mentor! Plus a great sister. It's the best!" His reply burst forth, tail flicking excitedly.

"I can't wait to earn my warrior name. My mom Willowbreeze tells me I'm still too young, I need to prove myself, but I think I'm ready," Typically a little more humble, it was outweighed by Birchpaw's eager nature. "How long does your training last? I've heard it's never really done but I can't imagine there is much to learn once you learn the herbs," His question while a bit blunt, he looked forward to the reply.

[attr="class","birchtag"]word count @tag here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.birch]background-color:#fcfcfc;color:#444;padding:40px;width:300px;border:solid #eee 1px[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchimg]margin: 0 auto;width:150px;height: 150px;-webkit-clip-path: square;-ms-clip-path: square;-moz-clip-path: square;-o-clip-path:square;clip-path: square;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/q0iysE8.png');opacity:0.9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchlyric]width:200px;margin-top:10px;font-size:20px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:Oswald;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtext]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;line-height:15px;color:#666;width:230px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtext b]color: #555; transition: 0.9s ease; -moz-transition: 0.9s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.9s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtext:hover b]color:#48a28a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtag]font-size:9px;line-height:12px;text-align:right;color:#888;letter-spacing:1px;width:230px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtag span]color:#48a28a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:right;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

Deleted
PEBBLES
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Jan 17, 2020 23:55:13 GMT
FEATHERPAW
The sudden volume of excitement to Birchpaw's tone startled the young molly, and she jumped a little, before willing herself to calm. Instead of shying away, she pricked her ears to listen, letting his words wash over her and remind her that he never meant her any harm. Quite the opposite, really, if his tendency to bring her prey and check on her was anything to go by. It felt nice to have a friend, someone who cared about her, wanted to see her safe from harm.

The thought made her eyes soften, a warm feeling relaxing her further as she took a few more bites of the mouse, still listening carefully. Once he finished, she offered a gentle purr, this time expecting and allowing it to come as she offered him a light smile. "That's great - I'm sure you'll be a very good warrior." There was no lack of sincerity to her tone, Featherpaw was hardly one to lie. "It must be so nice, being trained by your sister..." She pushed aside the memory of her own familial training before it could dampen the mood, not wanting to dwell on that yet again.

His own question caught her a little by surprise, but she did not mind. She had since learned he was a curious soul that meant very well, especially toward his friends and family, so she was hardly offended by it. Instead, she simply shook her head softly as she swiped her tongue around her jaws before she spoke. "Its not just learning the herbs, I have to know where and when to find them all, how to keep them fresh, what they do, when to use them, how to combine them with other herbs...it really is a lot, not to mention all the sicknesses and injuries, their symptoms, how they are treated and kept clean..."

Smiling softly, Featherpaw tucked her tail closer around her paws, casting a glance around the now very familiar den. "I think my training will take a long time - Flickerfrost likes everything just right," she admitted softly, but she did not sound upset by this at all. "I don't mind, though, I don't think I'm ready to take care of everyone all by myself yet..."

Notes |
Tagged | @birchpelt

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
Feb 7, 2020 4:49:26 GMT
[attr="class","birch"]
[attr="class","birchimg"]
[attr="class","birchlyric"]I will find my way
I can go the distance
I'll be there someday
If I can be strong

[attr="class","birchtext"]

A smile warmed his face further at the mention of his sister. Luckily, unlike many others, Birchpaw had been blessed with his sister's guidance. He couldn't even properly explain how happy he was to learn from her. To be taught what it truly meant to be a warrior. To be better than their shared sire.

"I couldn't be happier! She has already taught me so much. More than I ever thought I could learn. I worry sometimes that I'll forget something she showed me. But my mama says as long as I practice my muscles will remember it. I try to spar whenever I can," He explained, taking a moment to strike a pose, a silly one at that, but still a proud pose. "Mama also says I need to imagine myself a strong warrior and practice hard so I can make her and Vervainflower proud," Careful not to mention his father, Birchpaw returned to sit neatly before Featherpaw.

As she explained all the symptoms, it became clear why medicine cat training took so long. Grateful it hadn't been the path StarClan gave him.

"I hope to be there when you become a full medicine cat. I'll cheer as loud as I can for you," He proclaimed, tilting his head up as if to call it right then and there.
"You get to see StarClan right after, what's that like?" Realistic that he might never see StarClan before his return to their warrior ancestors. Birchpaw remained curious about them.

[attr="class","birchtag"]word count @tag here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.birch]background-color:#fcfcfc;color:#444;padding:40px;width:300px;border:solid #eee 1px[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchimg]margin: 0 auto;width:150px;height: 150px;-webkit-clip-path: square;-ms-clip-path: square;-moz-clip-path: square;-o-clip-path:square;clip-path: square;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/q0iysE8.png');opacity:0.9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchlyric]width:200px;margin-top:10px;font-size:20px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:Oswald;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtext]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;line-height:15px;color:#666;width:230px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtext b]color: #555; transition: 0.9s ease; -moz-transition: 0.9s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.9s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtext:hover b]color:#48a28a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtag]font-size:9px;line-height:12px;text-align:right;color:#888;letter-spacing:1px;width:230px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.birchtag span]color:#48a28a;[/newclass]

Deleted
PEBBLES

Quick Reply