Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 21:02:16 GMT
tigerblaze
template by punki of adoxography
Cuz I'm a fighter, a tiger, see me walk through fire

try chain me up but i'll burst through, i'll defy ya
Tigerblaze found herself at the Mossy Clearing. She remembered waking up in the morning, eating, going on a patrol. But now? She found herself blankly staring at the moss covering the area she was standing in. Her pelt bristled, like she had an itch, but it didn't feel like an itch. Tigerblaze found that, simply, she was bored. So she started training. There wasn't much she could do by herself, but it had been a while since she last climbed a tree so she figured that would be a good place to start, especially since the moss covered a lot of the tree trunk bases.

She threw herself at the nearest tree, scurrying up it as fast as she could before turning around and flinging herself back down the trunk. She was quick, that much was certain, but she could be faster. She had been at one point, but disuse slowed her. In the recent moons, she had been too busy training other skills - fighting, hunting, protecting. She needed to hone her other skills.

Usually, when Tigerblaze trained, she put herself in a mindset and she could go forever, training over and over again. It gave her a rush, her muscled bunching and releasing and burning, her lungs working harder and harder. She loved it. Even now, her muscles were beginning to scream at her to slow down, yet still she made her laps up and down the tree, panting every time she touched the ground again. But the feelings weren't there. She was enjoying how her body felt, but she didn't enjoy training, something she found odd.

So she stopped, staring at the tree with contempt as if it had wronged her. What was wrong with her?

Maybe she was just lonely. She didn't really have friends, just warriors who mutually respected her as she did them. Could that be it? Her pelt itched again.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair
Cobrastrike Avatar
Cobrastrike
Inactive
Dec 30, 2019 0:26:15 GMT
COBRASTRIKE
Cobrastrike needed a break - that much was hard for even him to deny. The news of Hollysky's death moons ago, as well as his two kits he never even got to meet had been enough of a blow, but to speak with her after, and to find out about Coyotecall and the illness, to see their deputy changed after Pantherleap's death and to know that their healing was to be left in the paws of a child. To say Creekclan was doing better than during the war was true, but it was not by much at this point.

He needed a break that wasn't hunting and border patrols.

Especially, he needed one that did not run the risk of facing Fangstar yet again. Not right then, at least. He needed time away from her after all the things she dropped on him, only to run off each time. She sure was more nervous than he recalled. War did that to cats, though, he sure could not blame her. They fought on different sides - it was a wonder they did not hate each other. He could track her down later and confront her then. For now, he let his paws carry him away from the border toward the creek.

The closer he got to Moorclan, the further he was from Gorgeclan.

However, while his intentions were set, his ears hooked onto the sound of scampering paws and panting breaths, steering the warrior instead toward the mossy clearing. Tigerblaze. She stood at the bottom of a tree, glaring at it, though there was no doubt she must have been climbing it or something beforehand. She looked tired, though Cobrastrike doubted that was about to cause her to stop. They were alike in many ways, that much was clear.

Another feline that left Gorgeclan and rejected Bonestar's ways for good, Cobrastrike could respect her, honestly. Sure, they did not really talk much, which was no surprise with him, but he felt more connected with her situation than most anyway. Probably because they both came from hell to fight against it with those it had abused.

Perhaps he could make an exception to his antisocial nature.

He seemed to be making a lot of exceptions lately.

"Need a sparring partner?" while not a true greeting, it was probably one of the friendliest the gruff tom tended to offer as he swung his single seeing eye in her direction, torn ear twitching as he gestured with his chin toward the tree. "Or are you content with trees?" No matter the neutrality of his voice or his expression, there was no harshness to his tone, not like there would be with Gorgeclanners. No matter the fact she once was one, he did not see her as one of them. Did she see him as one, though? Perhaps this could go either way.

Notes | Consider it killed
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Heterosexual
Warrior
Nyara
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Dec 30, 2019 2:04:30 GMT
tigerblaze

She was still trying to decide what was wrong with her, muscles bunched to throw herself at the tree once more, when a sudden voice startled her into leaping backwards. Cobrastrike. She hadn't talked to the tom much, in either CreekClan or GorgeClan, but she'd heard of his feats - a fighter, like herself, to help protect CreekClan. He'd left before her she thought, but she wasn't sure entirely. She could respect that. Tigerblaze straightened, giving Cobrastrike a rough nod in greeting. Her lungs were protesting her, but she cleared her throat to speak anyways.

"I was practicing my climbing, actually. It'd been some time. I don't like getting rusty, whether it's something I use every day or not. You never know what a new day will bring." Sparring partner? She hadn't sparred in forever, but. The idea didn't sound terrible. It'd be the best way to train her fighting style, she supposed. Her claws would get chipped if she continued on anyways. "Sure. Give me a moment to catch my breath, then we can spar." She wasn't one of those cats who threw themselves into the fray without consideration for how her body felt. She wasn't sure how long she'd been throwing herself at a tree, but Tigerblaze at least knew she needed a break.

Tigerblaze allowed her body to relax, stretching herself out as she talked. "What're you doing out here? If you don't mind me asking, that is." She didn't know the tom well, but it wouldn't stop her from being civil. At the very least, it was the companionship she had asked for, whoever it may be. They were both from GorgeClan, and yet here they both were. Traitors, as Badgerfoot had said. Survivors, she had screamed. Winners.

Once she had rested enough, she nodded again, giving herself one last stretch. "Alright. I'm ready. Thanks for waiting. Simple spar, no claws?"

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair
Cobrastrike Avatar
Cobrastrike
Inactive
Dec 31, 2019 4:08:38 GMT
COBRASTRIKE
Practicing her climbing? Flicking an ear, the tom gave an approving nod. It made perfect sense to him - no matter what he thought of Gorgeclan, he was not about to waste the skills they taught him, not was he about to turn his back on Creekclan's either. He may dislike swimming and fishing, but he still learnt it anyway and practiced when he felt the need. He still preferred to climb and hunt land prey, however, and he was not about to let those skills go rusty either.

"Good," he agrees smoothly, taking her panting as a signal to sit down and let her catch her breath. "No use wasting skills no matter where they come from." He was right, it would seem, for she was soon requesting a moment, to which he gave a simple nod, before casting his gaze toward the tree she had clearly been scaling.

No wonder she was out of breath.

While nosiness was not his favorite thing, the molly was not trying too hard to pry. It was a simple question, easy to brush off, but he did not bother. He had no reason after all. "Taking a break from patrolling - I was headed toward the creek," he offered simply, not bothering to return a question she had already answered. Instead, he waited, and rose when she signaled she was ready.

"Of course," he agreed, claws already sheathed as he moved further into the clearing to give them more room to spar. While he readied himself for a fight, stance sturdy and sure despite his halved sight, he made no move to attack. Instead, he whisked his tail in gesture for her to begin.

After all, he had made the offer.

Notes |
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Heterosexual
Warrior
Nyara
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Dec 31, 2019 21:56:00 GMT
tigerblaze

Tigerblaze wasn't exactly surprised to hear that Cobrastrike had been out in the territory previously, patrolling no less. He seemed like the kind of cat, much like herself, that had trouble just lounging around camp doing nothing. Again, it was something she could respect. Perhaps it had something to do with their shared history of growing up in GorgeClan. She was sure, with their tyrannical leader gone, it was different now, but the training they threw at her would stay for life. If she kept up with it.

She couldn't imagine sitting around camp while others around her worked hard. In that same vein, she wasn't sure she'd ever be able to have kits again without going stir-crazy. The thought of sitting in the nursery, stomach full of kits preventing her from getting out, while her Clanmates worked hard for the Clan she helped to rebuild, it made her cringe.

Tigerblaze followed Cobrastrike off to the better clearing, paws brushing over the soft ground. They wouldn't get hurt with the moss covering the ground. Maybe a little beat up and sore but not hurt. It was the last thing they needed. She met his gaze, noticing that he was gesturing for her to attack first and nodded. What a gentleman, she though wryly, squaring herself up. She'd never fought him before, so it would be a real treat for her.

She laughed lightly, before thrusting her body into an attack, keeping low to the ground as she scurried forward to meet him head on, aiming her eyes for his ears. She twisted to the side at the last moment, aiming a paw strike against his shoulder before retreating, whether or not it hit. His eye was clouded, and she couldn't be sure if he was entirely blind in it without asking, but she knew not to judge a cat by their appearances. She'd find out, one way or another.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair
Cobrastrike Avatar
Cobrastrike
Inactive
Jan 2, 2020 5:12:07 GMT
COBRASTRIKE
Soon enough both were squared up and ready to go, a slight laugh leaving the molly as Cobrastrike remained focused and silent. Still, he was not on edge, either. It was strange that someone who had grown tired of fighting could still feel so relaxed by a harmless spar. It felt good to keep things in practice and sharpen his mind and skills without the harshness of battle or the annoyance of pesky apprentices.

This way suited him just fine - Bonestar always sparred with claws, anyway.

While she was reasonably good, unsurprisingly, the tom knew a feint when he saw one. While her gaze was locked upon his ears, she was quick to swerve to the side, a paw darting toward his shoulder. Taking advantage of his lacking sight, the tom noted, swiping out a paw to parry his own and protect his vitals from imagined claws, before lunging forward without warning to aim a strong blow toward her head.

Attack launched, he too would dodge aside in preparation for a counter.

Notes |
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Heterosexual
Warrior
Nyara
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Jan 7, 2020 1:42:35 GMT
tigerblaze

It was just as she had expected - lacking sight in one eye did nothing to harm Cobrastrike's fighing abilities. Good. She preferred a challenge. Still, they were both GorgeClan through and though. They fought similarly. That would be the real challenge.

Her attack was blocked, not that she was entirely surprised, and she quickly ducked; his paw grazed off her ear and she too hopped backwards. Seemed he would have the first blow after all. Credit would be given where credit was due, but it would have to wait until after.

Tigerblaze eyed Cobrastrike up again. There weren't any particular weaknesses about him, aside from his eye, and she knew already that it wouldn't be something to handicap him. But she wasn't done yet. With a burst of speed, Tigerblaze once more darted forward, muscles bunching to leap at the tom, paws outreached to push at his shoulders. It wouldn't make him fall, far from it, but if the attack landed, she'd be able to fling herself over his body and land to pivot and try to get a few quick strikes at his back and tail. If she missed, she'd attempt to instead bat at his face and scurry away.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair
Cobrastrike Avatar
Cobrastrike
Inactive
Jan 12, 2020 21:43:16 GMT
COBRASTRIKE
Were he an excitable you apprentice, Cobrastrike might have been ecstatic to land the first hit. Perhaps it would make him cocky, cause his guard to falter. However, an apprentice Cobrastrike was not. Thus, the tom barely registered the feel of his paw grazing her ear at the last moment, mind focused solely on the task at paw.

The first hit hardly ever mattered, anyway. At best, had this been a real fight, she might had gotten a slight nick in her ear. It hardly would have made a dent to her, and perhaps only made her fight that little bit harder. No, usually it was the last hit that mattered, because whoever got that tended to ultimately win. Part of the tom had to actively remind himself that this was just a spar between clanmates, a warm-up, nothing more.

The molly was eyeing him again, squaring him up, and the tom readied himself for her approach. It was not easy to predict her next move, he would admit, though he had a feeling she was not foolish enough to try the same trick twice. Predicting what would happen next was only part of a strategy, however. One needed to be able to think on their feet, not just hope for the best.

Besides, the molly had already proven herself a feinter.

The molly charged again, though she seemed intent on trying to knock him down by the shoulders. A foolish move, being lighter and smaller than he was, though as he easily readied himself for the collision, he also ran through his mind the possible stunts or feints she might be trying to pull here.

Indeed, the molly shot over his shoulders and whipped around to face him. She managed to get a couple of quick bats to his rump before he whipped around and, rather than darting out of her reach, he simply closed the space between them. This allowed the blow aimed for his face to hit the base of the side of his neck just before his shoulders, though the imagined claw-strike was necessary and not nearly as bad as anything to the face.

Even so, the closeness gave the tom an opportunity to grapple her shoulders with his forepaws, aiming to use his larger size to topple her front half over and pin her shoulders into the ground. Should he succeed, he would churn his hind paws against her stomach - a painful move indeed were his claws unsheathed.

Notes |
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Heterosexual
Warrior
Nyara
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Jan 16, 2020 1:46:13 GMT
tigerblaze

Her victory of getting in a few attacks was short-lived; there was hardly time to gloat in a fight, she knew, but the feeling of accomplishment still hadn't quite hit her when Cobrastrike was whirling around. Her last jab smacked into his shoulder rather than anywhere she could have aimed for in such short notice - probably his face, if she had the time to think back on it, and then she was falling backwards, eyes meeting Cobrastrike's as he pinned her.

Cobrastrike was definitely the kind of tom who used his size to his advantage, not that that was a bad thing; he was large and Tigerblaze didn't doubt a good portion of him was made of muscle, just like many of those warriors who lived in GorgeClan, so different from the sleek-furred cats that made up CreekClan. But she was GorgeClan too, and she would not fall that easily. She too was muscled, and she would not be thrown around just because she was smaller.

Cobrastrike's back paws met her stomach and she grimaced. It would be something that might have ended her fighting spirit, if his claws had been out. But they weren't, and the battering was painful, but tolerable. He could only be so stable whenever his back paws rose back into the air, and she used that to her advantage - one more time did his hind paws leave her body and she quickly shoved her weight to one side and the next, hoping to mess with his balance and free herself just enough to wiggle free. If she did, she wouldn't move far, instead choosing to stand on her back legs and throw all her weight down onto him. If it connected, he'd be stunned for some more pummeling from her paws, and even if it didn't, she'd be able to at least give him a few smacks before he slipped free.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair
Cobrastrike Avatar
Cobrastrike
Inactive
Jan 18, 2020 2:17:10 GMT
COBRASTRIKE
Cobrastrike succeeded in pinning her, and felt his paws connect with his stomach in a way that, were his claws unsheathed, may well have ended the battle then and there. The underbelly was a sensitive area, almost as much to be wary of as the throat, and to get some good claw swipes in on it tended to dampen a fighting spirit considerably. That was, unless the opposition cared not even for losing their life.

This, however, was no real battle. With no claws to do her any true damage, it was only a matter of time until the molly worked her way free. Cobrastrike had no doubt she would. In fact, he was waiting for it. This was as much a learning experience and sharpening of skills as it was a way to simply relieve tension and keep themselves from going slack. Creekclan sure seemed less interested in sparring bouts than Gorgeclan, though that was far from enough to make Cobrastrike even consider missing his former clan.

As predicted, she wriggled free of his weight by unsettling his balance, and the tom was quick to steady himself. She did not dart away, rather, she kept herself within reach and reared up to stike at his head. She managed to get a few bats in as he rebalanced himself, though any damage she could have done with claws was pointless avoiding now.

Instead, Cobrastrike ducked his head to protect his throat, chest and eyes from those imagined claws, and threw his weight forward into her underbelly, aiming to thrust her backwards. There was a high chance he would topple her, unsteady as she would be on two legs rather than four, and even if he did not succeed in his aim, at the very least there would be some distance between them again.

Even still, Cobrastrike would aim to pin her on her side, knowing an attempt to pin her on her back would be pointless considering feline reflexes. Should he manage to pin her, Cobrastrike would aim a nip that would seal his teeth gently around her throat. He would not close them enough to draw blood, of course, but it had always been a spar's way of showing the fight was won.

Notes |
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Male
He/Him
Heterosexual
Warrior
Nyara
Tigerblaze Avatar
Tigerblaze
Oneclan
Jan 18, 2020 19:37:15 GMT
tigerblaze

I will deya ya, I'll set them on fire
She was growing fatigued, she could feel it in her limbs. How long had she been pouncing on trees before Cobrastrike had shown up? It was easy to lose track of time when you were focused only on one thing. Still, she managed to slip out from underneath him, wiggle herself free and her paws connected where they wanted to. Sparring was hard - Tigerblaze found it harder than actual fighting. Claws could do a lot of damage, and were useful in many other aspects such as grappling. It was harder to fight without, especially when you were used to actual fights and not so much sparring.

Images of GorgeClan warriors falling in front of her, wounds bloody and red, flashed in front of her and she was just clearing them from her mind and her eyes when she found she  was being shoved over. Her paws scrambled for something to grab onto and landed on Cobrastrike's shoulders. Instinctively, she could feel her claws shoot out to try and sink into him,  to stable herself and stop herself from falling and it was a jolt that she realized what was happening, quickly sheathing them before they could actually sink into his fur, much less his skin. She hit the ground with a gasp, and she knew it was over before he even touched her with his teeth. Her limbs burned like that, lying still on the ground, a hot and numbing fire that she found she missed. 

Tigerblaze waited for her release before she stood, shaking out her pelt and grooming what wouldn't stay down. She waited for her breathing to slow and stabilize before speaking. "Thanks for the spar. You're a very good fighter, Cobrastrike. I haven't fought like that in quite some time!" She lost, that was true, but she found she couldn't be bitter about it. Spars were meant to learn, to train and to hone skills. A loss meant nothing when she could use those learned skills to save herself in the future.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Warrior
Kein Jair

Quick Reply