collection

pinewhisker Avatar
pinewhisker
Starclan
Dec 28, 2019 23:49:55 GMT
[googlefont="Girassol"][googlefont="Poppins"]

[attr="class","pine1"]
[attr="class","pine3"]PINEPAW
[attr="class","pine2"] It was not uncommon for the youngest of Willowfeather and Blackjaw’s kits to wander throughout the territory unattended. As the sun peered lazily over the edge of the horizon, Pinepaw was thankful that Foxhowl was busy with other things today. The young tom enjoyed the time he spent away from camp where he’d search for new things to add to his collection. Just the other day, he’d found a gorgeous feather wedged in the bark of one of the trees in the lush forest. It was brilliantly white, white as the snow on the ground, and he’d brought it to Cypresspaw. His sister’s smile seemed to light up the whole den, so the young apprentice made the decision that sneaking out of camp - even when there were a lot of crazy things happening around this illness - was worth it. He’d resolved that Willowfeather needed pretty things next - StarClan knew how long it’d been since anyone had done anything nice for her.

So there was Pinepaw, off with his head in the clouds and paws soaked to the bone, digging through the forest’s undergrowth in hopes that he’d find the more feathers and pebbles that he could give. The crumbling rocks were forbidden - at least that was what Fangstar had said. The little tom had been saddened by this news, coming to find that his favorite place to search for colorful rocks was lost to him. He’d found a strange blue one there just before the snow began to fall, and so now he was convinced there would be more- he just needed to wait out this stupid quarantine.

Though if he was honest, it seemed silly that they were going to sacrifice an entire piece of their territory to some mystery illness that they had yet to find the cure for. What does Fangstar know, she’s a leader. If the medicine cats don’t know, surely there is no reason to be afraid of the rocks. He turned his light eyes back toward the direction of the camp, large ears pricked to listen for any sound of approaching paw steps. There were none, so he quickly darted through the forest until he reached the place he was headed for, stopping at the edge of the treeline to look at the eerie scene. The snow remained untouched from the last couple of snowfalls - unlike the rest of the territory. It was silent, muffled by the fallen snow. And the weirdest part? There was no sound of prey. Everything was silent. So quiet it frightened him a little, but he lowered himself to a crouch and looked out at the rock structures that stood several fox-lengths ahead of him.

Just as he was starting to make a second guess of his plan to find the stones, he rolled his eyes and stomped through the snow. It was silly to be afraid of rocks. He’d been collecting them for moons, so what was the worst that could come of this adventure. Sniffing the air, he quickly made his way toward the base of the structure, sniffing his way along and carefully pushing snow away from the wall. A few minutes, I’ll only stay for a few minutes. He thought quietly to himself, but the time limit was quickly forgotten and by the time he looked up from his pile of collected, colorful stones, the sun had shifted to the center of the sky.
[attr="class","pine4"]571 | @tagged | BANDIT

[newclass=".pine1"]background-color:#222; width:350px; padding:40px 10px;[/newclass][newclass=".pine3"]background-color:#8CB265; width:190px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; position:relative; z-index:4; margin-top:-20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass][newclass=".pine2"]text-align:justify; background-color:#333; border:30px solid #222; font-family:Poppins; margin-top:20px; width:270px; padding:20px; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".pine2 b"]color:#8CB265; font-weight:normal;[/newclass][newclass=".pine4"]background-color:#8CB265; margin-top:20px; width:350px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
THIRTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
BISEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 0:59:14 GMT
FEATHERPAW
The place had become...strangely eerie. Or perhaps it was just Featherpaw's overactive imagination. Just knowing what lay here, who lay here and why, was enough to set her on edge. Well, many things tended to set her on edge, in truth, but few as much as this. She had never had reason to be afraid of her own territory before...until now.

A shudder passing along her spine, the small molly allowed her claws to kneed into the bark beneath her. However, she could not draw her gaze away from the spot where he was buried. She dare not set paw in the area, not against Fangstar's wishes, or with her own health to consider either - to die the way he did simply terrified her - however she found herself just beyond the boundary of the quarantined area. She had climbed a tree, as though the ground itself were diseased, perhaps, and found herself staring down at the now undisturbed snow as though it was a lie.

This place was far from peaceful in her mind, now.

As though to agree with her thought, a clatter of stone on stone caught Featherpaw's attention, finally drawing her gaze from its blank stare. To her astonishment, it soon sought out the familiar pelt of Pinepaw as he lifted his head from a colorful pile of stones to peer at the sky. What was he....how long had he even been there?

Any thought of being startled at an unnoticed presence, however, were quickly dashed by the realization of just where her younger clanmate stood. What was he thinking? Eyes wide in shock - and admittedly a little bit of panic - Featherpaw scrambled gracelessly along her branch until she could jump down to a lower one and pick her way along it to peer across at them.

Her new branch was still a large leap from the ground, the end a few tail-lengths away from the forbidden area, yet her stomach curled all the same as though she stood on those very rocks. "Pinepaw!" she all but squeaked. "Wh-what are you d-doing there?" Admittedly, her voice was rather shaky, though at least she managed to project it loud enough to hear, her pelt spiked along her tiny form and legs rigid as though she were foxlengths from a badger, rather than a pile of rocks.

Was he trying to get sick?

Notes | Feather be predictably shook
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
pinewhisker Avatar
pinewhisker
Starclan
Dec 29, 2019 1:28:05 GMT

[attr="class","pine1"]
[attr="class","pine2"] He’d been so absorbed in his task of picking bright and colorful stones from the boring hues of brown and gray that he hadn’t noticed the figure of his clanmate hidden in the trees above. Though in reality, he also hadn’t looked - especially considering he’d thought he’d be the only one this close to the quarantine zone. So far, he’d felt fine and to Pinepaw, that meant that there was nothing to fear from this area. He decidedly chalked up the paranoia to the death of a clanmate and a coincidental one at that and overruled in his own mind that there was nothing to fear here.

Once he’d finished shifting through all the stones he could find that seemed of interest, he began to line them up based on color. He had a few back at camp already that fit into these color schemes, but he found himself constantly reminding himself that these would not be joining his collection. They were for Cypresspaw and for Willowfeather. They’d be so happy to receive gifts from him - Pinepaw knew it too. His chest swelled with pride as he looked over the stones, finally deciding on the first one he’d bring back. It was a little plain, but if you looked closer, it had pretty little specks of green and gold and it was oddly smooth for not being near any water. His eyes danced as he scooped the stone up and pushed it aside.

He’d been in the middle of choosing the second when there was a strange rustling of the trees overhead. Then he heard his name sound from another’s lips, though it was more of a squeak than a voice. All the same, he found his heart pounding like mad and his eyes grew wider, fear setting in. How much trouble was he going to be in for going out here? And alone? Swallowing hard, he spun to face the voice and his green eyes scanned the trees until he saw the small figure of fluff and fur staring down at him with utter fear in her eyes. And the fear of being in trouble nearly faded from him entirely, but he still was cautious as he spoke, slowly padding away from his stones.

Featherpaw!” He chimed back, his eyes bright as he looked up at his clanmate, tail flicking slowly. “I’m gathering pebbles. I collect them! You should come see. They’re really pretty around here.” He answered, giving a big grin up at the she-cat. Part of him wanted to try to console her and help her see that Fangstar was wrong and that there was nothing here to be frightened of, but he thought better of it. She was, afterall, the medicine cat apprentice and was closer to Fangstar than he’d ever be in his lifetime. The last thing he needed was her running off and telling their leader that Pinepaw thought she was stupid for her decision to frighten the clan away from the crumbling stones.
[attr="class","pine4"]504 | | BANDIT

[newclass=".pine1"]background-color:#222; width:350px; padding:40px 10px;[/newclass][newclass=".pine3"]background-color:#8CB265; width:190px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; position:relative; z-index:4; margin-top:-20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass][newclass=".pine2"]text-align:justify; background-color:#333; border:30px solid #222; font-family:Poppins; margin-top:20px; width:270px; padding:20px; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".pine2 b"]color:#8CB265; font-weight:normal;[/newclass][newclass=".pine4"]background-color:#8CB265; margin-top:20px; width:350px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#222;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
THIRTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
BISEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 1:45:45 GMT
FEATHERPAW
While the tom seemed to startle at the sound of his name, Featherpaw just barely noted that he seemed to relax again when he saw who called it. Well, she really was not that scary. Yet still, he shouldn't be in there! It was not allowed, and more than that, it was dangerous! Did he want to get sick? To die?

Claws digging further into the branch, Featherpaw lowered herself subconsciously until her belly fur brushed against the bark, wide eyes flicking toward the stones he mentioned, before snapping back to him as he spoke. If her fur was already fluffed up and eyes already wide, his words certainly made this effect double as her ears shot back and her pupils threatened to swallow her soft green orbs in fearful surprise.

"No!" This word came out stronger than the others, though it was driven more by fear than anger despite the fact her tail lashed harshly behind her. She even flinched at the harshness of her own voice, before continuing in a slightly quieter tone. "I-I don't wanna get s-sick with it...n-not again....never again..." she uttered, shuddering slightly as her claws kneaded anxiously at the branch she balanced on.

In truth she second comment had been more to herself than him.

Gaze flitting back to the tom - she had hardly noticed it fall to her paws - she set him with a pleading look that no doubt matched the tone of her voice, even if it wavered in question. "H-how about you come show them t-to me over here?"

Would he? She hoped he would. She just wanted him out.

Notes |
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
pinewhisker Avatar
pinewhisker
Starclan
Dec 29, 2019 2:03:21 GMT

[attr="class","pine1"]
[attr="class","pine2"] At the sound of the upset ‘No!’ that erupted from the feline in the tree above, the tabby instantly flinched and lowered his ears, tail tucking underneath him. He didn’t much like being yelled at - largely because Willowfeather never yelled at him. Not the way his father was rumored to with his other children. Clearing his throat, the tabby slowly slid his tail around his stones and pulled them closer to him, knowing that it’d ruin the pattern he’d just taken the time to lay them out in, but his feelings were hurt by the sharpness his clanmate spoke to him with.

He’d heard her ramble on about not wanting to get sick again and shook his head in frustration, clearly annoyed with the way his clan mate was so frightened of this area. His tail flicked back and forth in irritation before standing up straighter and resorting his pebbles, leaving them out nicely in a line. He ignored her for several moments, his annoyance building in his chest before he turned his head upward toward the she-cat. “I don’t even know why Fangstar is so afraid of this place!” He yelled back, his green eyes practically glowing with the rage that built up inside him. His tail lashed slowly behind him before he continued. “There’s literally nothing here but snow and stones. I’ve looked all over this place for stones and saw nothing that looked out of the ordinary. It’s stupid to be afraid of an illness. Worst that happens is you die. Is that really so bad?” The last sentence was a lot softer than the rest of his anger-fueled rant, kicking away an ugly stone from his pile where it bounced and then landed in a small crevice where the stones formed a “v” to protect the ground below.

I’m not gonna move em all, that’d be stupid. I have them all laid out the way I want them.” He said with a nod of his head. “Come on, you can come pick one out, it’ll be yours to keep. It’s just a stone, there’s no need to be so afraid of it.” He said finally, sitting down beside his collection and turning his gaze back up to the she-cat who was basically a mass of anger and fur at this point as she glared down at him from the tree. He noted the way her tail lashed and the way she looked at him with pleading eyes to get out of the zone he’d so carelessly inhabited. But he liked the stones here, and he hadn’t decided which would go to Cypresspaw yet, so his work couldn’t be done yet.
[attr="class","pine4"]454 | | BANDIT

PEBBLES
THIRTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
BISEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 2:22:15 GMT
FEATHERPAW
Honestly, Featherpaw had no idea what Pinepaw was allowed to know, what she was allowed to tell him. Heck, she knew that even she did not know everything, not as much as Flickerfrost or Fangstar, and she had gotten sick with the disease herself. If they kept things about it from her, the one who would one take take Flickerfrost's place and be in charge of all of this...then surely more was meant to be kept from him...right?

Nevermind trouble, what if she caused a panic by telling too much?

However, she could not think of another way to get him out beyond the truth - if she had to somehow scare him out, so be it. The truth sure was scary enough to her. "Look," she said, taking a shaky breath as she tried at the very least to speak clearly. With some hesitation, she jumped down to a lower branch, though she refused to move closer to the forbidden area just yet as she aimed to meet his gaze. From there she could see the stones lined up now.

"They buried him here okay?" Tail twitching, her claws wasted no time anxiously kneading this branch too. "Those mushrooms, th-those things that sprouted from his body, th-they had the scent, it was all around him....I should know, c-cause I got sick too."

Featherpaw shuddered slightly, but pressed on.

"Its not always fatal, but it k-killed cats here and it killed cats in the other clans t-too..." he probably wasn't allowed to know that. Heck, she only knew because it was not like the other medicine cats were about to kick her out of the Starpool while they discussed dreams after the Halfmoon meeting. She winced, but went on anyway. "D-dying was one thing - m-my brother died when he was a kit, mother left him to die, b-but I bet that was better than suffering more cause of her. But this? Th-this Spore isn't quick and painless. C-cats suffer, and we d-don't know the cure. It isn't always fatal, sure, but w-we can't tell when it will be!"

A slight whimper followed that, her thoughts drifting again to the idea of dropping dead any moment.

Was being around her any safer? Maybe not. Yet she knew one thing for sure - here couldn't be safe, surely not. "If you breath that in here y-you might die too - is dying worth it for some d-dumb stones you won't even get to see?" Ears flitting back, the molly took a wavering step along the branch, but her paws would move no further than that, eyes gluing to him frantically the longer he remained.

Already, they darted between him and that spot she knew Coyotecall was buried.

Notes | Count on Feather to make shit dramatic
Tagged |

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
pinewhisker Avatar
pinewhisker
Starclan
Dec 29, 2019 2:50:09 GMT

[attr="class","pine1"]
[attr="class","pine2"] Pinepaw didn’t much care for the reasoning of others. He lived - quite frequently - in his own little world. He’d been picked on and bullied for the majority of his apprenticeship by Snowfire so far and he was damned and determined to not let it ruin is hobbies of collecting feathers and pebbles despite how childish and stupid he called it. He’d grown so attached to the hobby that whenever someone did insult it, he tended to shut down completely. Though, as she pleaded to him to be smarter, to come forward, to bring the pebbles with him - to listen to the heading of Fangstar and - apparently - the other medicine cats, he’d slowly began to inch forward, his eyes wide. His ears perked up as she spoke, arching his brow in distrust. “You know next to nothing about this illness - those mushrooms - and yet you wish for me to be just as afraid as the rest of you?” He asked, though his tone was softer this time. He inched a little closer, before turning to look down at the stones at his side.

Just as he’d resolved that he could trust the little furball, however, she insulted the one thing that he held dearer than his family and the little tom’s face fell, his mood darkening and his ears falling once more. “They’re not dumb!” He yelled back, going back to choosing the second pebble that would return for Cypresspaw. He even figured after all this excitement, it wouldn’t hurt to find another for himself. His favorite were the ones that were red with little black and silver stripes across them. They weren’t common here, he’d only found one before, and he had since been looking for another of his favorite type to add to the collection.

Look, Featherpaw, I appreciate you trying to scare me, or whatever, but I feel fine. I’m not going to get sick. And when I’m done, I’ll come back to camp and you’ll see me there. If I’m not back by sunset, assume the terrible mushrooms killed me, or whatever it is you think got Coyotefall sick.” He was just upset. Nothing good ever came from being upset, but the little tom was determined not to let this mystery illness win. It seemed stupid that anyone was as afraid of it as she, but as he recalled, Featherpaw was also a coward. Every instance he’d ever heard of the medicine cat was that she was catastrophically frightened of everything - or at least that was what his older siblings had said. So he figured it best to just wait it out and see what happened because he knew she wouldn’t cross the line.

His green eyes moved over a soft pink stone that made him think of his sister, Cypresspaw. It had rougher edges but the stone was flat and easy fit under his paw. He’d bring this one back for her. Good. One more. He thought to himself.
[attr="class","pine4"]503 | | BANDIT

PEBBLES
THIRTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
BISEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 3:07:04 GMT
FEATHERPAW
Dammit. He was so close to agreeing, to leaving that place, and then she had to go and insult those stupid rocks he seemed to care so much about. She did not mean it, of course, not really. Her filter cut when she was panicked - she could not blame him for liking them, she would too in any other situation. If only she could go back in time to stop herself from saying that, but she knew it was impossible. She just had to try something else.

The thought of him getting sick because she failed to draw him out made her want to scream.

As he set about looking for more stones, waving off her warnings like they meant nothing, part of her boiled. Perhaps she was not entirely free of her mother's influence, for that part of her wanted to yell at him, to drag him out by his scruff and shake him until he understood that this was stupid and dangerous and all his refusing to leave was just petty and reckless. However, she had a far easier time pushing that urge away. it scared her a little, really, to think perhaps the apple really didn't fall so far from the tree. Perhaps that was why she couldn't fight - clearly part of her knew what would happen if she let herself.

Damn, she was overthinking things again.

Taking a breath to calm herself, Featherpaw reasoned for a moment, before forcing herself to descend the rest of the way to the ground. tentatively, she took a few steps closer, but hesitated at the edge of the boundary she knew she ought not cross. Another breath, her eyes softened as they settled over his stones, before flicking back to him. She was already sick, she reasoned, which likely meant she was damned anyway.

'Better me than him, I'm just like them after all,' she thought, making up her mind. 'Besides, aren't I as good as dead anyway?'

"You're right, I'm sorry. They aren't d-dumb, that wasn't fair. What if..." Hesitantly, the molly trailed off, gaze flicking between him, the stones, and where Coyotecall was buried, before returning to Pinepaw once more with a look somewhere between fear, and the resolve that had seen her running from her mother's makeshift camp that one night moons ago. "What if I c-come pick one, then. Would you l-leave with me then?"

Notes | Feather why
Tagged | , ,

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
fangstar Avatar
fangstar
Starclan
Dec 29, 2019 4:18:40 GMT
"The truth will set you free."
It had been particularly stressful, ever since Coyotecall had died. She had lived in fear those first few days that another one of her clanmates would simply keel over and die the same way he reportedly had. Luckily, that hadn't been the case. The fear had faded to be replaced by simply worry, wondering who could be the next possible victim in her clan.

As if that wasn't enough, things with Flickerfrost had finally come to a head.

She wasn't entirely sure what had started their argument but it had led to this, the two of them walking towards the Crumbling Rocks to... Talk. So far it had been nothing but stony silence as they checked up on the quarantined area. At Fangstar's insistence, though now she was almost wishing they had simply yelled at each other from the privacy of her den instead of this. The silence only served to make her more agitated.

They neared the Rocks, and she scented something odd on the wind. Fangstar paused for a moment, head lifting as she took a couple more breaths. "Someone else is here." There was a flicker of surprise in her voice that steeled into a cold anger as she spoke again. "Who would be idiotic enough to risk coming here after everything we saw happen with Coyotecall?" Her lean shape darted through the last of the trees separating her from a fair view of whoever was here.

"Featherpaw!" Her voice snapped out across the distance between them, paws not wavering as they followed the scent line that marked the zone she had wanted to keep clear. The young medicine cat wasn't alone; that much was obvious by the way she stood. Fangstar rounded one final tree and saw the other offender. "Pinepaw! What do you think you two are doing?" She was half aware that she might have left Flickerfrost behind, but her attention remained firmly on the two young cats. "Get over here. Now."

MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
60 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Former Gorgeclan Leader
arcticwind
Flickerfrost Avatar
Flickerfrost
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 8:35:20 GMT
Flickerfrost
template by punki of adoxography
The price of   YOUR GREED,

your sons and your daughters
GorgeClan was a mess. Somehow, someway, it became more of a disaster than it had been in the moons since Bonestar's death. With a recent Spore death, and Ferretmask's disappearance, it was certainly a nightmare, and definitely a headache. Flickerfrost hardly wanted to leave her den anymore. And with her most recent StarClan dream, she hardly wanted Featherpaw to leave her den anymore. But she couldn't keep an eye on her all the time, and when she woke in the morning, her apprentice was already gone. 

Which led Flickerfrost to leaving her den and searching around camp for her and running into Fangstar instead. It was quiet, things seemed peaceful. They had a second to talk. Talking led almost instantly to insults and she found herself on an even quieter walk to the Crumbling Rocks, of all places, not long after. Just another day after all.

Her fur had started bristling long before they arrived, with the combination of her shared words with Fangstar and the destination they were headed to. So when Fangstar imparted her infinite knowledge of other cats being around - she can smell them, she's not stupid - her fur was pretty far spiked with a snarl loose on her tongue. Though Flickerfrost was annoyed that Fangstar took off without her, they had more pressing concerns. She wouldn't be surprised to find some idiot apprentices there, a lifetime punishment of elder clean-up awaiting them. What she is surprised to see, however, is her stupid apprentice there. 

Eyes blazing and ears flicked back, Flickerfrost pushed past Fangstar, snarling wildly. "So help me, Featherpaw, if you take one more step forward, I will make you regret it for the rest of your life." Her voice was as cold as her name implied, eyes set on Featherpaw as she stalked closer to her apprentice, stopping a short, but healthy distance away. "Get over here. Now," she echoed, though she was hardly aware of Fangstar saying the same. She addressed both apprentices, but only gave Pinepaw a quick glance before turning her glower back to her own. Fangstar was there. She could handle her out-of-control warriors in training.

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Asexual
Medicine Cat
Featherpaw
Kein Dong Knot Jair
pinewhisker Avatar
pinewhisker
Starclan
Dec 29, 2019 19:16:34 GMT

[attr="class","pine1"]
[attr="class","pine2"] Pinepaw watched cautiously as Featherpaw lowered herself from the branch she’d been to the ground, his green eyes narrowing with distrust. He didn’t know what the other apprentice was onto until she spoke, offering to come choose one of the stones he’d picked out, only if he’d come with her. His eyes darted down to the stones, guessing which one she’d like to receive. “O-okay. Yes.” He said slowly, loud enough for her to hear, though his eyes were slow to raise up to meet her face once more. His fascination with stones was a little out of hand - or at least that was what Cypresspaw told him all the time. In his mind, Pinepaw felt it was perfectly healthy to collect little pebbles for himself and for others. He didn’t have many friends, so the pebbles replaced his need for friendship. But that was all because Snowfire picked on him so relentlessly.

He’d been focused back on those stones when a voice boomed out, an echo following it to return out of the quarantined zone and his tail immediately tucked between his legs and ears fell against his head. He knew that voice. Spinning immediately, he looked to see Fangstar and Flickerfrost standing at the other side. If there was ever a time that he should curl up and die, Pinepaw felt that this was probably it. You told them, didn’t you! He hissed in his head, his gaze casting upward to the cats in the sky whom he’d been taught to believe were there since before he could walk. His mother had always said that leaders and medicine cats were the only ones who could hear their words. So it made sense that they’d told them how he’d been insulting Fangstar and told them that he was searching for stones where he shouldn’t be. Why wouldn’t they? Everybody hated Pinepaw. He felt his mood blacken - something that didn’t happen often, and instinctively turned to gather the stones he’d decided he’d bring back for Willowfeather and Cypresspaw. He didn’t have his own, but that didn’t matter.

Okay!” He yelled back over his shoulder, his voice shaking a little though admittedly, he couldn’t tell if it was fear or rage that made it shake so. “Just let me get the pebbles for my mom and sister. I’ll be right there.” This was more hushed than his response to Fangstar’s demand. And he wasn’t quick in choosing the pebbles, having lost them in the distraction of Fangstar and Flickerfrost appearing. “So bossy.” He grunted under his breath as he looked about for something to carry the stones in. His eyes locked on a small bush with dead leaves that was further away from his leader and he did his best to inch toward it, but all eyes were on Pinepaw. He didn’t fear this place like they did, so the concept of hurrying was lost on him.

[attr="class","pine4"]500 |

PEBBLES
THIRTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
BISEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
Featherpaw Avatar
Featherpaw
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 22:01:29 GMT
FEATHERPAW
Well, that worked better than expected - and perhaps internally, than intended either. Gulping quietly, Featherpaw gave a jerky nod, and set her gaze over the stones, zeroing in on her choice before she entered so she could limit her time there as much as possible. This was risky and stupid, yet as she rose a paw in preparation to dart forward and grab the stone she had spotted - admittedly it was a pretty one, she did want to convince him she was taking this seriously after all, even if she would never keep the infected thing - Featherpaw reminded herself that it was not nearly as risky for her, and she may well save a life.

'I'm already infected anyway,' she reminded herself bluntly as her paw hovered over the boundary. 'If it's going to kill me, avoiding this place won't stop it now.'

However, before her paw could reach the ground, a shout run through her ears in a familiar voice. With all but a squeak of alarm, Featherpaw's paw snapped back to her chest, and she all but fell back onto her rump on the safe side of the boundary as she lost her balance in her shock. Whatever Fangstar was saying was soon enough drowned out by the voice of her own mentor, and with ears pinned flat to her head, Featherpaw found herself frozen fearfully in place.

That sounded awfully like something her mother often said whenever she tried to run.

Still, she knew from experience that it was best to obey. So, with shaking paws, she took a few slow steps back, furthering the distance between herself and the quarantined zone she had been about to cross into, before whipping around and darting straight between the two older felines, leaving no room for them to repeat their command as she overshot straight past them, whipped around, and skidded frantically into a bush.

With the leaves shaking around her, the apprentice crouched low to the ground, trembling, and refused to meet the gaze of either feline. With Pinepaw disobeying somewhere in her periphery, there was no doubt the scolding would come from Flickerfrost. Yet the words that rung in her head from her mentor echoed in her mother's voice, and her eyes snapped wildly toward the speckled molly's paws as though just waiting for the claws to show and make their mark with the rest.

"I-I didn't meant to go there, I-I swear!" she sputtered out, and she no doubt looked more like a scared kit pleading frantically for its life than a scolded apprentice trying to get out of unfavorable duties. "I was t-trying to g-get him to l-leave, I tr-tried to warn him, b-but he wouldn't listen! H-he said he would l-leave if I came and pi-picked out a rock, s-so I th-thought..."

Notes | Well no one really knows how bad her mother was except Wolfpaw, but touch her now and ya sure as hell might find out whoops
Tagged | , ,

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Demisexual
Med Apprentice
Flickerfrost
PERCEPTION
fangstar Avatar
fangstar
Starclan
Jan 12, 2020 6:03:35 GMT
"The truth will set you free."
Completely unaware of speaking in tandem with Flickerfrost, Fangstar kept her gaze focused on the warrior apprentice. Flickerfrost was there, she was more than capable of taking care of Featherpaw. As if it would have been hard to get the skittish young molly to listen. The shiver in his voice was audible to Fangstar but if it was fear, he obviously didn't feel it enough to listen to her. He muddled about on the other side of the boundary and seemed distracted with something other than a furious leader and medicine cat. There was a flicker of movement as Featherpaw darted between the two older mollies and behind them but Fangstar didn't turn around.

Instead, she let out a warning hiss and stalked forward towards Pinepaw. "I said now, not when you felt like it." Far from her usual calm tone, Fangstar's voice had dropped to something she hadn't used often since becoming leader of Gorgeclan, when she had to chase out or kill the strongest of Bonestar's supporters once and for all. She gave the apprentice no time to scramble away, grabbing him by the scruff like a disobedient kit and physically dragging him away and towards Flickerfrost.

She didn't toss him to the ground, but the rough way she pushed him to make sure she was between him and the border to the Crumbling Rocks was not gentle in the slightest. "What were you thinking? This area is off-limits for a reason. You just endangered not only yourself, but also your fellow clan members, including Featherpaw. I'm tempted to double your apprentice time for blatant refusal to listen to not your leader and medicine cat and disregard for the safety of others in the clan." Her voice had turned cold but no longer threatening. "In fact, if allowing you the freedom of leaving camp when you have no duties will lead to this, I have made a decision. Pinepaw, you are now confined to camp. You are not allowed to leave without your mentor or another senior warrior not of your family as an escort. While in camp, you will be the one in charge of making sure the elders are taken care of."

Here, Fangstar finally turned to Flickerfrost. "Do you need a second apprentice for a moon or so, Flickerfrost? I have an extra set of paws newly available here."

| A/N: Permission given from Bandit to have Fangstar physically drag Pinepaw away!
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
60 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Former Gorgeclan Leader
arcticwind
Flickerfrost Avatar
Flickerfrost
Oneclan
Jan 16, 2020 0:19:34 GMT
Flickerfrost
template by punki of adoxography
The price of YOUR GREED,

your sons and your daughters
There were a lot of things going on at once, and still, Pinepaw was over the line. How stupid can one cat be? Oh, she couldn't wait to see what would become of him, finally see what kind of punishment Fangstar would dole out on her warriors, to see what kind of leader she would be. She half-expected her to go charging after the apprentice and she was filled with smugness when her idly thoughts proved to be correct. Yet another idiot on a mountain of fools. Scoffing, she turned to her apprentice, walking towards her though her tail lashed behind her.

"Come out of there, I'm not going to cuff you," she snapped, irritation returning to her and rustling her pelt."Whereas I agree that Pinepaw needed to get out quickly, you never should have offered to sacrifice yourself like that! You were sick once, do you really want that to happen to you again?" She crept no closer than where she was, though she had half a mind to grab her much like Pinepaw and drag her back to camp. But her apprentice listened and fled the area as she was told, and Flickerfrost wouldn't be so crass with her own apprentice.

Fangstar's words met her ears and she whipped her head around, listening intently. Confined to camp was a good idea, seeing as he hadn't wanted to listen to any orders they gave out. Another apprentice, now that was a different story. "Oh, sure, I'd love to have a bumbling idiot run through my den and destroy everything daily. How about you keep him in your den, Fangstar? What better way to keep an eye on him than to have him under your constant surveillance?" In her den? Absolutely not. Featherpaw, on the other paw, "Featherpaw, as for you, you're confined to our den unless I tell you otherwise. You must ask permission each time you leave and this will last until I say it does, understand?" She doubted she would keep that in play for long, watching her apprentice shiver in fear, when she hadn't technically done anything wrong, but she had to say something.

"Can we go back to camp now? Or are we meant to frolic in a dead zone for a bit first?"

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Asexual
Medicine Cat
Featherpaw
Kein Dong Knot Jair
pinewhisker Avatar
pinewhisker
Starclan
Jan 29, 2020 5:05:12 GMT

[attr="class","pine1"]
[attr="class","pine2"] Pinepaw was - unceremoniously - snatched from the ground by Fangstar without much more warning than the thundering pawsteps that made their way toward him. He yelped unexpectantly when his forepaws leave the ground as Fangstar dragged him back to safety. He might have been kicking and bellowing in protest the whole time - mumbling something about pebbles as he was brought closer to the medicine cats of GorgeClan when he finally was released into the snowy undergrowth and looked back at his leader with annoyance and shock in his eyes.

And as his punishment was given - he wouldn't be allowed to leave camp until she deemed fit and especially not without an escort - he found himself resisting the urge to pout and argue at the same time. He bit down hard on his own tongue, his eyes narrowing more but he looked away quickly - determined to control the temper inside him he felt rising. Snowfire would never let him live this down. Cypresspaw would shun him and Willowfeather would be so disappointed he could practically hear the sound in her voice already. So much so that his shoulders slumped further and his ears fell against his head reflexively in defeat.

They might have stayed there too, except Flickerfrost and Fangstar seemed to be disagreeing over where his tail would end up for the next few nights - in Flickerfrost's den or Fangstar's - when the words escaped his mouth - ones he thought he'd said internally. "Regardless of how much you argue, I'm going to be in camp, so can we just go?" He sounded impatient and annoyed and it was obvious he just wanted to get back to camp where he could sulk and deal with whatever punishment he was given. However, when his mind registered that the words had been spoken outloud and not internally, his eyes grew wide. "I-I-I-I m-mean... I-I'm sorry." He stammered out instantly, sounding much like the chattering Featherpaw and quickly lowering his gaze away from the two she-cats who had just been discussing his fate.
[attr="class","pine4"]346 |

PEBBLES
THIRTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
BISEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT

Quick Reply