it was a good day to die

Dec 22, 2019 17:27:24 GMT
antlerburr

he was not one for many words when he was alone. in fact most felines found his gentle sea-green gaze to be unsettling, unnerving and unpleasant if they found him staring to long. however the usually charming and outgoing tom had almost lost that spark when he was only a few moons younger. had it not been for the she-cat he sought after today. cotton he fondly thought, how the she-cat had followed him from the comforts - or what he assumed was comforts - of her two-leg nest into the harsh reality of the wilderness.

part of him felt horrible, having dragged her away from the comforts of a nest into what would surely be the worst leafbare she would ever experience. being older, the tom had experienced his fair share of leafbares, where the snows would fall heavy and he could feel the frost slip into his blood. but that was beside the point, he was determined to help his mate become adjusted to clan life as soon as possible, a deep love for her to be with him at all times growing in his chest as he spotted her in the distance. he took a quick stop to the fresh-kill pile - having hunted earlier to earn his share - before trotting over, a charming smile upon his maw as he stared at the beautiful younger she-cat. 

"goodday m'love, how has the weather been treating you?"
whoops@cottoncloud
sorry its short but i wanted to start a thread with them!

Deleted
PEBBLES
Dec 24, 2019 5:20:07 GMT

\

The morning had started off slowly, far more delayed than she would have preferred a day to begin. Her dreams were feverish and full of all those that wished to stop her. Angry two-legs chased her through the woods of her new home, through the territory of the beautiful Creekclan, but her paws were quick to betray her as she stumbled about and fell again and again. When she finally awoke to the warm confines of the warrior den, the sun had already made its course. Many warriors had risen prior and left the den - leaving only those too lazy to function or too injured to succeed. And Cottoncloud believed herself to be neither of these things. She stifled a yawn as it attempted to shudder through her. She had slept for half the day already - sleep had no place in her bones.

Cottoncloud jumped to her paws in a haste with her pelt burning as shame nipped at her paws, driving her further out of the warriors den. Bright sun blinded her freshly opened eyes. She quickly adopted a squint to help her become accustomed to the strong rays. 

Toms and she-cats, apprentices and warriors, even the stray kitten wandered about camp on this freakily warm day in the midst of leafbare. The snow receded into the ground as the sun reached its peak, making the soil under-paw dampened as it squelched through her toes. Cottoncloud wandered over to a distant corner of the camp. Already, her mind wondered where Antlerburr was on such a beautiful day. He had not been by her side when she awoke, and she vaguely remembered him telling her of a desire to hunt. She scanned the entrance to the camp. Soon he would enter and she planned to greet him with such vigor that he would practically be thrown of his feet. 

But he found her first. Cottoncloud twisted around to see the handsome tom as he trotted towards her. His fur, outlined by the sun from above, glistened with stars-know-what. He still stole her breath away. 

"Antlerburr!" she greeted him in response. A purr rumbled in her chest as she met his striking sea-green eyes. "Oh, it's just wonderful! I love the snow, but I've missed the sun," she responded with a grand smile to match the tom's. "How was your morning? Anything exciting?" before it left her mouth, she knew it was a bad question. Antlerburr was always full of great stories, and exciting moments seemed to make up the majority of his life. 
coded by pinn @ thq
@antlerburr // 424

Deleted
PEBBLES
Jan 8, 2020 20:52:44 GMT
antlerburr

he was delighted, his smile growing as she spoke his name. she spoke of the snow, the desire of it - or love as she said - and how she missed the sun. a brighter smile lit his face as he sat down beside her, meowing just softly enough; "ah, but how can you miss the sun, when you are the sun." his eyes fluttered to the camp entrance and then down to the plump vole at his paws. nudging it towards his beautiful mate he greeted her with a smile of reassurance. "nothing beyond the scents of fox along the border still." he waited until she had at least taken a bit before allowing himself to lean down to taste the vole himself.

"i am sure that it is almost time for the waters to freeze over... this might be the only fresh-kill we can spare freely." he meowed more to himself then to anyone else. looking down at his paws in slight embarrassment, he turned back to his beloved cottoncloud and offered her a reassuring smile. "how has everything been going with hunting and learning to fight? i know i have been distant since i got larkspurpaw as an apprentice." the tom meowed with a worried expression before turning to look away from his mate with a more distant expression.

"should you need anything, you know larkspurpaw and i would be more then happy to have you tag along during our sessions?" the older tom meowed, looking back at his mate with a soft expression and encouraging eyes.
whoops@cottoncloud
sorry its short :(

Deleted
PEBBLES

Quick Reply