between brave and reckless

Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Dec 17, 2019 2:26:34 GMT

NOTES: HERE
TAGGED:  
WORD COUNT: 276
Dawnpaw skidded into the camp, his paws sending web pebbles in a spray as he hit a puddle. The rain was beginning to fall and the weather was colder, but the cream colored tom was not bothered. His thick fur insulated him warmly; the only downside being the excessive amount of grooming he had to do when it got wet.

Today his paws just itched for adventure. Training, training, and more training. That was all Pantherleap ever had in store for him, he grumbled to himself. Then again, what was to be expected? That was his mentor... after all. Dawnpaw found himself increasingly disappointed with how his days turned out. He would just get home and be too tired every day, wolfing down his meal and then flopping down in his nest to maximize sleep. 

He was determined to be different today! All the apprentices had been sent home early due to a rumor of foxes sniffing around their usual battle training grounds. Dawnpaw was absolutely intrigued, and had begged his mentor to be taken along on fox patrol. Unfortunately he got a firm no, but that was fine. A break was still a break.

It'd been too long since he had checked up on how his family and fellow friends were doing. He had several ideas for fun, none of them were exactly approved or safe but, nothing better than a little drama.

He poked his head into the apprentices den, and leaped at the first bundle of fur he saw.

"Surprise! It's me!" he yowled before even assessing who was his unsuspecting victim.

made by duke of gangnam style

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
fishleap Avatar
fishleap
Oneclan
Dec 17, 2019 17:48:28 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FISHPAW

|| and fish is like what thaaa helllll

She had been pleasantly resting. For once in her life, rest was coming easily. But she owed that to the training sessions Yarrowfrost has been putting her through. With time and energy wasted, she was able to try and get a grasp on her unusual sleeping habits. It helped to take a rest after a large amount of energy was exerted. That way if she didn't happen to be sleeping well that night...at least she had taken somewhat of a nap earlier in the day. But her peaceful rest was to be interrupted, as a voice and pressure was felt on her small alabaster bodice. 

She quickly rolled to her back, attempting to shove her paws into whoever or whatever had interrupted her afternoon. Her amber eyes blinked quickly, trying to assess the situation. "Dawnpaw!" She yowled, scrunching up her face at the other apprentice. "Why me?!" Fishpaw sighed softly, wiggling her body in an attempt to shake the larger apprentice off of her.  
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Molly
Undecided
Jelly
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Dec 17, 2019 22:56:16 GMT

NOTES: awkward dawn
TAGGED:  
WORD COUNT: 225
There were plenty of what she-cats in the Clan, notably his siblings and his parents. Dawnpaw had expected it to be one of them. But as his paws landed on the small white she, he almost instantly regretted his enthusiasm.

"Oh...uh... F-Fishpaw,"
he stammered,  his face growing slightly warm. Of all the apprentices, he was not quite sure what it was about Fishpaw. He awkwardly stumbled off of her and sat on his bum, trying to act as natural as possible.

The fluffy ginger tom was of course too naive and young to recognize the butterflies in his stomach when he felt them. Confused amber eyes met his large blue ones, and he shyly looked away and shuffled his paws. 

"I was a little bored and was wondering if you wanna, like, hang out? Maybe with the others too?"
Dawnpaw refused to be put down by his own nervousness. It was not characteristic of him to be afraid of judgment, but somehow Fishpaw's opinions always got to him.

"Why you?" he repeated her question in confusion while trying to conjure up a compliment. It came out rather lame, "Well, I think you're super cool and... we should have fun more! B-but but sorry I understand if I scared ya..."

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
knotspark Avatar
knotspark
Oneclan
Dec 18, 2019 4:12:45 GMT
[googlefont="Girassol"][googlefont="Poppins"]
[attr="class","banditttttttt1"]
[attr="class","banditttttttt3"]KNOTPAW
[attr="class","banditttttttt2"] In his time as an apprentice, there was one thing that Knotpaw was absolutely certain of. Down time was rare and so when it appeared, you had to be ready to run with it. The dismissal from training due to foxes had some bummed out - but not Knotpaw. His little gray and white form was practically prancing from excitement at the knowledge that he had a full afternoon to do whatever he so pleased. He'd debated terrorizing the younger cats of the clan, finding amusement in their squeals of laughter as they played, but the queens had all but turned him away, knowing that should the young tom be permitted to do so, they would have trouble calming them down later.

So he had slumped his shoulders and padded back to the apprentice den, settling himself into his nest for a nap. After all, a nap would be better than being bored all by himself. Fishpaw had been napping when he'd entered and - for once - the young tom decided it would be kinder to let her sleep in peace. He'd been content with that plan, until her shrill cry of surprise made him snap his head up, blue eyes blinking rapidly to shake the near slumber from them.

Pressing his nose into the edge of his nest, he fought a laugh and offered a smile to Dawnpaw as he settled himself onto the floor of the apprentice den and awkwardly tried dismiss his introduction. "Hanging out sounds better than sleeping, doesn't it Fishpaw?" He said pointedly as he rose to his paws, wasting no time crossing the den and settling himself beside the pair. He lowered his head and licked the fluffy fur at his chest to make it lay flat before raising his gaze. "What did ya have in mind?"
[attr="class","banditttttttt4"]305 |    

[newclass=".banditttttttt1"]background-color:#222; width:350px; padding:40px 10px;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt3"]background-color:#37AEAD; width:190px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; position:relative; z-index:4; margin-top:-20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt2"]text-align:justify; background-color:#333; border:30px solid #222; font-family:Poppins; margin-top:20px; width:270px; padding:20px; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt2 b"]color:#37AEAD; font-weight:normal;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt4"]background-color:#37AEAD; margin-top:20px; width:350px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#efefef;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
spiderfrost Avatar
spiderfrost
Oneclan
Dec 18, 2019 4:31:25 GMT
 counting stars
said no counting dollars, we'll be

how often had he wished for a life or normal interactions? he had longed for the shared amusement that the normal apprentices shared, something he, himself, had experienced up until only a moon and a bit ago. now he sat beyond their reach, staring down into the depths of their adventure with an unsettling annoyance. more so, the tom knew it was only a matter of time before he grew more frustrated with his ever distancing mentor. sighing, he poked his head back into the medicine cat's den to see blizzardpaw slumbering away, unaware of the other cats in the apprentice den causing a ruckus. 

how she managed to live with all of them when even he was among the den was surprising. shaking his head, he decided that perhaps, today, he could seek out the others. his body tensed slightly as his hobbled walked pushed him forward, keeping him at a slower pace then one would expect. shaking his long black pelt, the tom entered the once familiar den as the felines spokes of hanging out. his brow raised in curiosity, maw shut tight as he expected one of them to cast him a wary glance. he was, afterall, now a medicine cat's apprentice and not a warrior's apprentice.

"hanging out? that sounds way better then watching your sister sleep." he meowed, eyeing both knotpaw and dawnpaw with a look of annoyance. not that he did not mind helping the quieter white she-cat, he just missed the desire to be with the warrior apprentices more than anything else. he stood before the three, before promptly inviting himself over with a rather awkward waddle. his mangled leg dragging bits of mossy ground with him as he settled before them. the eldest, he eyed them with a curiosity before a smirk spread across his maw.

"is your idea of hanging out, staying within the den all day? why not sneak out... i know a perfect spot to squeeze out behind the medicine cat's den." his meow was matter of fact, a devilish smirk on his black maw and amber eyes gazed a crossed the three felines. one pure white, one grey and white and one orange and white. he was definitely the oddball, had been since he was originally laying beside them in this den. "of course, if you wish to stay here... i won't stop you minnows." he meowed, aiming to pull at any of them, inserting the playful insult. 

made by jellyfish princess @ adoxography

[googlefont="Oswald:300"][googlefont="Source Sans Pro:200"]

PEBBLES
EIGHTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
MEDICINE CAT
NONE
ROXIE
snapfire Avatar
snapfire
Oneclan
Dec 18, 2019 11:35:44 GMT

from the inside out

Snappaw curled tightly into the soft bedding of the apprentice's den, snoring lightly. Frostwhisper's new battle material had been exhausting and she young she-cat was eager to rest.

Just as the apprentice had begun to drift off, the den began stirring with conversation. She peeked one eye open, glancing across from her towards the commotion. There sat her sister and clan mates chatting away.

Snappaw sighed, her brow furrowing playfully. Despite her tiredness, she couldn’t pass up the opportunity to talk!

She propped herself up slowly, sprawling herself out for a much-needed stretch.

“Guyyys! I was sleeping! Chatty ones aren’t you?” She said teasingly.

The molly made her way over to the commotion, settling down beside her sister Fishpaw.

“Hey! What's happening?”

Made by jei

PEBBLES
12 Moons
Female
she/her
Unknown
Warrior
Jei
fishleap Avatar
fishleap
Oneclan
Dec 18, 2019 20:03:04 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FISHPAW

As the larger, fluffier tom retreated from her squirming body she narrowed her eyes at him slightly. Didn't they all know better than to wake her by now? Or were they hoping to startle her into some sort of sleep walking expedition? The white molly sighed softly, giving a few licks to her chest as her ears caught his words. "You didn't scare me. It takes more than that to scare me." Her words were spoken quite matter of fact, skipping over his asking to hang out with the rest of them. However, it wasn't going to simply be ignored as Knotpaw spoke up,  prompting her to revisit the subject. "I mean sure, as long as I manage to sleep somewhat tonight!" She smiled softly, her eyes catching the frame of Spiderpaw as he entered. 

He was quick to join the conversation, and as he spoke she couldn't help but grin softly. She was hardly a minnow, even if her name was quick to bare resemblance to the small silvery fish. She rose to her paws, noting her sister's appearance. "Snap-paw and I will go. Isn't that right sis?" Without so much as consulting her sister, she had signed them up for an adventure. Her eyes bounced over to Knotpaw before landing on Dawnpaw, a grin spread across her maw. "You two aren't going to shy away from adventure are you?"  
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Molly
Undecided
Jelly
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Dec 20, 2019 7:18:53 GMT

NOTES: hmm
TAGGED:  
WORD COUNT: 315
After his brief awkward entrance with Fishpaw, he was determined to make sure today was fun. He gave Fishpaw and Snappaw a friendly flick of his tail. And then his brother Knotpaw approached, in his usual friendly manner, too. Dawnpaw purred. Knotpaw was always a pleasure to be around; he had no doubt his littermate would receptive to the idea.

"Pantherleap told me today... that the river froze over!"
he meowed in a dramatic hushed tone. That being said, none of the apprentices were older than 12 moons and this was definitely their first winter they were allowed out into the territory. Anything to do with snow and ice was a novelty to Dawnpaw.

"I heard that sometimes cats can walk around and play on the ice, but you have to be extra extra extra careful! Otherwise... you fall in and its freezing cold!" 

Obviously, he wanted to make it sound challenging and scary, but not too scary, he didn't want to frighten them into thinking it was dangerous. For the young cat however, he knew little of the dangers of ice and turned his mentor's suggestion into a idealistic adventure. 

"But I think I'm up for it!" he declared, puffing out his small fuzzy chest. He glanced at Spiderpaw and instantly loved the idea.

"Say, where's that spot you sneak out from at the medicine cat's den?"
he gave a enthusiastic growl at Spiderpaw's suggestion. His mentor certainly would not like him going on in this cold. He didn't even consider, for that matter, that the young group could run into the foxes roaming around. Dangers were abound, even in the familiarity of CreekClan territory. But what was life without a little danger and rebellion? Today Dawnpaw was down to have fun, whatever the rule-breaking dare-devil ideas that entailed.

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
knotspark Avatar
knotspark
Oneclan
Dec 21, 2019 20:59:28 GMT
[attr="class","banditttttttt2"] Just as Dawnpaw’s confidence seemed to waver as he talked to Fishpaw, Knotpaw shyly retreated closer to his denmate as the medicine cat apprentice appeared and
offered a shy smile and quickly averted his bright blue gaze from the younger tom. “How is Blizzardpaw?” He asked, rather shyly which was admittedly uncharacteristic for the tom - who was known for being quite loud.

However, he quickly perked up as Fishpaw relented and agreed to join in their fun, even offering her sister up for an adventure too. His ears quivered with excitement and the smile that spread across his features was contagious. As Dawnpaw suggested they all head for the river, he practically leapt from his sitting position.

The river? Let’s go!” He chirped excitedly, though careful to keep his voice at a low enough volume where - should any warriors happen by - they would not hear their plans. His excitement only bubbled further as Dawnpaw brought up sneaking out by the medicine cat’s den and he quickly snapped his attention back to the ebony tom. He was so excited his pelt bristled and it was obvious Knotpaw couldn’t wait much more by the way his little paws pranced against the den’s floor.
[attr="class","banditttttttt4"]201 | @fishpaw

[newclass=".banditttttttt1"]background-color:#222; width:350px; padding:40px 10px;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt3"]background-color:#37AEAD; width:190px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; position:relative; z-index:4; margin-top:-20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt2"]text-align:justify; background-color:#333; border:30px solid #222; font-family:Poppins; margin-top:20px; width:270px; padding:20px; color:#efefef;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt2 b"]color:#37AEAD; font-weight:normal;[/newclass][newclass=".banditttttttt4"]background-color:#37AEAD; margin-top:20px; width:350px; padding:10px; font-size:20px; font-family:Girassol; color:#efefef;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
spiderfrost Avatar
spiderfrost
Oneclan
Dec 22, 2019 17:47:20 GMT
spiderpaw

he chose to listen, his ears perked to listen for any that would dare linger into the den late, or a passing warrior who would stop their fun. upon hearing about the she-cat who was held up in the den, the young apprentice shrugged his shoulder. "don't know what happened, berrybloom said she should wake up tonight hopefully, so don't worry your pretty little head." he meowed, before peeking towards the others with his large amber eyes open. his eyes took in each capable apprentice before him, from the young and beautiful fishpaw and snappaw, to the overbearingly dumb looking toms, dawnpaw and knotpaw.

his smirk was ever growing when he noticed how fishpaw spoke for both herself and her sister. had he had any choice outside of the medicine cat's route he would have attempted to flirt, but he had only known it to be a distraction. temptation boiled on his lips, and he shot the younger she-cat a wink, "fishpaw, you got a fire in your soul. don't ever change." he meowed in a honestly that would have shocked someone who had not known him well. but since his accident, he found he wanted to install some sense of pride in those who could achieve what he could not. i was, afterall, the oldest... and yet i still failed. he thought before standing taller.

with fishpaw prompting the boys to join in, the older tom smirk deepened. "i don't know ladies... they seem like a bunch of guppies to me." something pulling at his insides as he stood as tall as his mangled leg would allow him. with dawnpaw instantly joining onto the idea of going on an adventure, the tom raised a brow at the tom before turning to the last male in the den. knotpaw. with a nod, he turned as swiftly as his leg would allow him, and made pace for the medicine cat's den. they would pass at least one warrior with spiderpaw meowing loudly; "they want to see blizzardpaw, move out of my way." before proceeding towards the den.

he stopped for a moment to taste the air before waving his tail towards a location just to the far left of the medicine cat's den. thickets and brambles twisted and turned, but as they drew closer, a boulder could be seen supporting a small whole. "it might scratch you a little bit, but you'll be fine." he meowed confidently as he pushed himself threw, dragging himself part way through the thicket as his leg caught on one branch. once free, the tom waited for the others to lead the way towards the frozen river.
welp hope this is okay!

PEBBLES
EIGHTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
MEDICINE CAT
NONE
ROXIE
snapfire Avatar
snapfire
Oneclan
Dec 22, 2019 22:19:28 GMT

from the inside out

Snappaw flicked her tail excitedly, her soft hazel eyes gleaming merrily towards her sister.

“Of course! I’m always up for a little adventure, especially if everyone's coming along!”

A sense of excitement tinged with nervousness. built-in the molly’s chest. She had heard of accidents happening on the ice before and didn’t want anyone to get injured.

The exciting atmosphere had been growing and the thought of mentioning the dangers felt like a mood killer.

I’ll say something once we get out of camp, Snappaw thought to shrug her worries away.

Besides, Knotpaws smile made her heart flutter. It was so warm and energetic. The apprentice just couldn’t crush that moment!

Snappaw beamed, her ears perking happily

“Alright, let's go then!”

Made by jei

PEBBLES
12 Moons
Female
she/her
Unknown
Warrior
Jei
fishleap Avatar
fishleap
Oneclan
Dec 23, 2019 16:33:14 GMT
[googlefont="Comfortaa"]

FISHPAW

There was so much happening that the young molly could barely contain her excitement. While normally she was quiet awkward when meeting new cats, the apprentices around her she had grown up with. Aside from Spiderpaw perhaps, and as he spoke directly to her she smiled almost coyly in response. She hadn't had many reasons to visit the medicine cat's den, and with the tom usually holed up there in training, he was still new to her. And as he led them out of the den, she flicked her tail to her sister and gave Dawnpaw a playful cuff over the ear as she bounded after the ebony tom. 

Reaching the den, she nodded to his words. "A little scratch never hurt me." She huffed, before ducking her head and following him as carefully as she could. "Common Dawnpaw!" She called from in the thicket, sucking in a breath as she squirmed through the branches. She was glad her coat was short as she pulled and wiggled her way through, those with a longer pelt length would surely hit some snags. Popping out on the other side, she looked herself over for any bit of blood, though any scratch that she may have received was hidden by the adrenaline coursing through her veins. 

Her eyes shone brightly as she looked at Spiderpaw, before turning back to the brambles, eager to see who would be showing on the other side next.  
☽LIA☾

PEBBLES
Molly
Undecided
Jelly
Dawnfire Avatar
Dawnfire
Oneclan
Dec 24, 2019 22:11:09 GMT

NOTES: HERE
TAGGED:
WORD COUNT:
Dawnpaw flicked his tail, a small sign of annoyance. Why did Spiderpaw care how Fishpaw's soul was? Was that just something that medicine cats did regularly? Giving his head a confused shake, he followed after Spiderpaw and Fishpaw toward the medicine cat's den. It was not long before Fishpaw's playful little cuff raised his spirits again. 

"I'm coming!" Dawnpaw called after Fishpaw and squeezed himself through the brambles. After popping out the other side, he checked his fluffy pelt for scratches or burrs. His fur was not as short as Fishpaws, and an array of leaves and debris had caught on it in the process.

"You got a thorn in your fur!"
Dawnpaw couldn't help a small giggle at Fishpaw and batted the twig off her back with one paw. 

"Come on Snappaw! Knotpaw! Before the entire Clan finds out about us!" he meowed in a teasing tone back through the tunnel they came from. Spider was right; it certainly was a good spot to sneak out. He would have to keep it in mind for the future! He kneaded his paws impatiently on the icy ground and motioned his tail toward the direction of the river.

PEBBLES
male
hetero
IO
knotspark Avatar
knotspark
Oneclan
Dec 28, 2019 19:40:22 GMT
[attr="class","banditttttttt2"] Listening to Spiderpaw tell him that Blizzardpaw was going to be okay made the little gray and white tom smile, but that smile quickly turned into a sheepish grin as he mentioned his pretty head and he quickly looked away, fearing he’d burst into a fit of giggles as his chest swelled a little from the sensation of butterflies that started in his stomach. Kneading the nest he had practically trampled to get into the conversation, he made a mental note that he’d probably owe it’s owner a new one before day’s end. Sucking in his breath, the little tom held it there for a moment to try to calm himself - nearly checked out of the conversation entirely.

By the time he’d mentally checked back in, he was the last apprentice out of the den, following behind the ginger and white she-cat that was Snappaw, his mind focused on the things Spiderpaw said to him - choosing to ignore the compliment he paid Fishpaw. It seemed like that was the type of thing that medicine cats just said to others. He’d always thought that Berrybloom was just as weird in her statements. It made perfect sense that Spiderpaw had followed in his mentor’s footsteps.

After watching Spiderpaw disappear through the undergrowth, it took everything he had not to push the others aside and follow the black tom. Still, he was patient and allowed Fishpaw and Dawnpaw to go before flicking his tail toward the exit and looking at Snappaw. Offering her a small smile, the little tom twitched his ears. “Go ahead, Snappaw. I’ll follow you.” He whispered, careful to keep his voice down and turned his attention briefly back to the warrior’s of camp to make sure they hadn’t drawn any attention toward their little group.
[attr="class","banditttttttt4"]298 |    

PEBBLES
SEVENTEEN
MALE
HE/HIM
PANSEXUAL
WARRIOR
NA
BANDIT
snapfire Avatar
snapfire
Oneclan
Dec 29, 2019 21:16:35 GMT

from the inside out

Almost everyone had already made their way through the tunnel, just herself and Knotpaw lingered behind.

She wanted to say something smart, or sweet to him, but the butterflies in her stomach were fluttering like mad. She couldn’t place exactly when she had first started liking the tom, but it didn’t matter now. Snappaw just knew what she felt and felt inclined to chase it.

“Go ahead, Snappaw. I’ll follow you.”

He’s so kind!

Her heart beamed, a little ping of joy swelled within her.

Chill out, all he said was that you could go first you mouse brain, the femme thought to herself.

She huffed, letting out a little squeak.

“Thanks, Knotpaw” before disappearing through the tunnel.

Made by jei

PEBBLES
12 Moons
Female
she/her
Unknown
Warrior
Jei

Quick Reply