The Pact

Dec 16, 2019 0:44:38 GMT
[attr="class","sinner"]
[attr="class","sinner1"]
[attr="class","sinback"]
[attr="class","sinnert"]Much has occurred these last few moons. First it was Bonestar's destructive behavior, breaking apart Gorgeclan. Slowly suffocating the life force out of the clan like a python; coiling, squeezing, and tightening his oppressive grasp. It was a dreadful time during Gorgeclan history and the added wariness of a deadly illness suddenly striking left much to worry about. Moving into one dark age only into another left Vervainflower feeling melancholy and discouraged. One thing that flickered like a dying flame in an endless dark night was Fangstar. So far Gorgeclan's new leader proved worthy of the situation, rebuilding what is left of the clan and leading them into a better and brighter future.

One thing stood out to the she-cat, sitting by her lonesome and left for her mind to wander the woman barely registered the lack of cats busying themselves with clan life. Kits namely being the biggest absence. How would Gorgeclan rebuild and grow if there was no new generation? A frown curled on the alabaster colored she-cat, eyebrows drawn together in a look of barely concealed concern. This was rather troubling. No kits meant no new warriors and no new warriors meant Gorgeclan would be vulnerable and susceptible to invasion and attacks, be it by rival clans or that abhorrent illness, The Spore

A stab of pain in the heart shook the large woman. Her brother was a victim of the spore and it left a deep longing and ache in her chest. The hidden wound was still fresh and tender no matter how many moons had passed. In retrospect it was only a couple, but to Vervainflower the loss of her soulmate felt like it was just a fortnight ago. Never had she imagined death to affect her in this kind of way. She felt like she had been wronged, left out in the cold to try to mend a broken heart. It seemed like an impossibility that she'd ever move on, but she knew she had to. There was no choice in the matter, personal feelings aside she had to pick herself up and continue the journey of life. It was the only way forward. The only way to live.

And so Vervainflower took a shuddering intake, figuratively picked up the pieces of her broken heart, and forced her grief into the deepest recess of her mind. There was no time for weakness. Perhaps at another hour in the seclusion of her nest could she silently wail out her broken heart.

word count here I tried xD

[attr="class","sinner2"]
[attr="class","sinnerlyric"]Vervainflower
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner]width:420px;height:500px;background:#fcfcfc;padding:10px;border:1px solid #f0f0f0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner1]width:415px;height:495px;margin-top:2px;border:1px solid #f0f0f0;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner2]width:415px;height:495px;float:center;margin-top:-390px;background: url(https://i.imgur.com/e7RpiNO.jpg);transition: 0.9s ease-in-out;transition-delay:1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner:hover .sinner2]margin-left:-850px;transition: 0.9s ease-in-out[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnerlyric]width:330px;padding-top:405px;text-shadow:#333 1px 1px;font-family:georgia;font-size:25px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fcfcfc;padding-bottom:5px;color:#fcfcfc[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnerlyric span]font-size:108%[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinback]width:400px;height:380px;margin-top:8px;background-color:#fcfcfc[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert]width:400px;height:465px;margin-top:10px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;padding:2px;color:#666;background-color:#fcfcfc;line-height:13px;opacity:0;transition:0.8s ease-in-out;transition-delay:0.9s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert span]color:#df444b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert b]color:#555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner:hover .sinnert]opacity:1;transition:0.8s ease-in-out;transition-delay:0.9s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:2px solid #fcfcfc; background-color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:horizontal]background-color:#fcfcfc; border:1px solid #fcfcfc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px; height:5px;background-color:#fcfcfc; border:1px solid #fcfcfc;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
59 moons
Female
Hetero
Devi
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 17, 2019 17:42:00 GMT
{
}

It had been a few days since his talk with his sister. His dear sister who had openly worried about the future of Gorgeclan. And while he had never really thought of himself as the type to settle down and have kits, it would help Fangstar if he were to do exactly that. If she would not take matters into her own paws, than he himself must. And with that thought, and that mindset, he had quietly been monitoring the she-cats of Gorgeclan. 

If he were to reproduce, find himself a mate and suitably provide the clan with kits...she had to be perfect. She had to be flawless, and she had to be healthy. With The Spore very much running rampant now after Coyote's sudden death...health was a crucial factor in his decision. 

It had been hard. While many of the femmes were suitable, it seemed that the final factor would come down to his personal preferences. But he had never taken the time to truly look at another and consider if they were 'his type'. And after carefully considering everyone...he found himself eyeing a she-cat by the name Vervainflower. She was a pretty thing, solid in color and solid in frame. He had never known issues, and after asking around casually...it seemed that she would do. Que the game's beginning. 

As he waltzed slowly into camp from a returning patrol, his amber orbs spotted the very cat he had been thinking of for much of the morning. Now was as good of a time as there could be...and his charm had to be spot on. Giving a few quick licks to his chest, he lifted his skull pridefully and closed the gap between them. "And what's a molly like yourself doing sitting alone?" A smirk crossed his maw as his tail flicked playfully. This side of him was usually reserved for his sister. Others were only acquainted with his business like attitude, but for this...he would have to pull out all the stops.   

''annnd enter the somewhat creepy stalker. i am seriously stoked for this. 
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Dec 17, 2019 19:13:11 GMT
[attr="class","sinner"]
[attr="class","sinner1"]
[attr="class","sinback"]
[attr="class","sinnert"]Warmth spread through the she-cat as she lounged in a sunny spot. Dark thoughts aside the alabaster woman was very much enjoying her afternoon, her quiet time. Eyes closed serenely she laid spread about in a regal manner, trying to soak up as much warmth the leaf-bare sun provided. Of course her quiet time never lasted long and today was no different. A deep masculine voice called out to her, asking her what she was doing sitting all alone and without opening a single eye the woman replied in a quipped voice. "Minding my own business," surely he could see that she was having a moment, right? This was her time, not social 'gotta be a warrior' time. Hers. Yet despite her rather short reply the she-cat let out a rather deep sigh. The truth of the matter was Vervainflower was lonely. She had no real friends of significance in the clan and the death of her brother only made it more difficult for her to interact with others. She didn't know how to put in the effort required to build a friendship. So the fact that someone else was taking an interest sparked the softer side of Vervainflower. "Sorry..." the white molly mumbled out and slowly opened her eyes to look at the Tom. A flash of surprise and confusion swam in her fresh verdant colored eyes, confused as to what the tom wanted of her and surprised it was the infamous Talonflight; Fangstar's brother. Interesting she thought before wiping her facial expressions blank. "And what is the honor I have of being in you illustrious presence? Surely it wasn't to just simply ask what I am doing all alone?" A coy smirk twitched at the edge of her muzzle before returning to careful neutrality.

The white woman tilted her head slightly to the right as she regarded Talonflight with a critical eye. What was his game? He was being rather pleasant to her and from what she knew of him he was much like her, all business no play. And yet here he was talking to her so casually, like they had been friends for moons. To what Sid she owe such courtesy? I suppose i'll find out soon enough. All in due time, she mused before sitting up from her lying position. "Returning from patrol?" Vervainflower asked, curious about the world outside of Gorgeclan.

word count here lmao Viv and Talon shall be very interesting

[attr="class","sinner2"]

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner]width:420px;height:500px;background:#fcfcfc;padding:10px;border:1px solid #f0f0f0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner1]width:415px;height:495px;margin-top:2px;border:1px solid #f0f0f0;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner2]width:415px;height:495px;float:center;margin-top:-390px;background: url(https://i.imgur.com/e7RpiNO.jpg);transition: 0.9s ease-in-out;transition-delay:1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner:hover .sinner2]margin-left:-850px;transition: 0.9s ease-in-out[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnerlyric]width:330px;padding-top:405px;text-shadow:#333 1px 1px;font-family:georgia;font-size:25px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fcfcfc;padding-bottom:5px;color:#fcfcfc[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinback]width:400px;height:380px;margin-top:8px;background-color:#fcfcfc[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert]width:400px;height:465px;margin-top:10px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;padding:2px;color:#666;background-color:#fcfcfc;line-height:13px;opacity:0;transition:0.8s ease-in-out;transition-delay:0.9s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinner:hover .sinnert]opacity:1;transition:0.8s ease-in-out;transition-delay:0.9s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:2px solid #fcfcfc; background-color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:horizontal]background-color:#fcfcfc; border:1px solid #fcfcfc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sinnert::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px; height:5px;background-color:#fcfcfc; border:1px solid #fcfcfc;[/newclass]

PEBBLES
59 moons
Female
Hetero
Devi
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 17, 2019 22:20:06 GMT
{
}

Her words were off putting, and his ears twitched in disapproval. Not that she needed him to approve of her, but if this was to be his choice...if she were the one he was going to try and woo...well they were off to a bad start. It was almost enough to send him away, he had other choices. And while he preferred sticking with his first, he would gladly settle for his second. After all, at this point he didn't have to fall in love with her, if they happened to somehow reach that point...well then that was going an entirely different direction than he had planned. 

He took a moment, trying to decide if it was still worth it. But he words decided it for him. Sorry. A soft smile pulled at his maw and he slowly eased his haunches to the ground. His eyes looked to the sun for a moment, enjoying the warmth it was beginning to spread through his body. At her next string of words, a soft huff of a laugh escaped his chest. "Can't a handsome tom bother a pretty she-cat without being questioned?" His eyes sparkled lightly as he cast a glance in her direction. 

This was new for him. To openly allow somebody else near his friendly side. But it was necessary to achieve his goal, and thus....he needed to become comfortable with it quickly. "Why yes, quite observant aren't we. Not much different than camp. Increasingly chilly, though prey still seems to be holding." He triedto his best to make small talk, he had to hold her attention. Somehow..."And are you succeeding in holding down camp? No rogues or attacks while we were gone?" Comical tones hummed through his words as he wrapped his tail around his paws.   

''talon somehow managing to be normal. this is reminding me of 'You' on Netflix xD

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Dec 19, 2019 4:24:04 GMT
[attr="class","sinner"]
[attr="class","sinner1"]
[attr="class","sinback"]
[attr="class","sinnert"]"I suppose I can let you stroke your ego this one time," Vervainflower replied with a ton of indifference, yet her verdant colored eyes told another story. They shined bright with amusement sparkling in their depths as she gave her chest fur a few quick licks. "I must say you do have good taste." That she could not help, but flatter herself. He opened the doors right up for her and she didn't hesitate to take the chance to flaunt her majesty. Upon closer inspection Talonflight wasn't half bad looking. To be perfectly honest Vervainflower pegged him as a bit of a bore, dull in the worst possible ways and all too serious, not that she could preach herself, she didn't think she was dull.

Blinking her eyes the white molly gave a small smile, "well you do smell strongly like the forest." She leaned forward slightly in his direction before taking in a sniff of air. He smelt strongly of crisp mornings and the musty smell of wood all hiding under the smell of Gorgeclan and something that was entirely him. "And I rest my case." The molly pulled back before settling on her hunches once more. "It is somewhat a relief to know we'll have prey to fill our bellies this leaf-bare," Vervainflower mused out loud, "though I can't say what good it will do us with so few mouths to feed." There were no elders and no nursing queens or kits running about, only apprentices and warriors to concern themselves with. It would be a rather easy leaf-bare, but one with not much growth and that in itself proved to be a problem Vervainflower didn't want the luxury of processing.

At his words Vervainflower couldn't help, but snort in an unladylike fashion while an amused smile parted on her lips. "You can be rest assured that there has been nobody foolish enough to mess with Gorgeclan while I was here. I don't think they'll find themselves too happy once I dealt with them," her amused smile turned into one of wickedness as she concluded her sentence. No, despite being a pacifist, she had other ways of dealing with such problems and if push truly came to shove, she'd show no mercy to those who thought they could get away with threatening her clan's livelihood. "Everyone is safe with me," she added before regarding Talonflight in a new light. "I must admit I am a bit surprised with you Talonflight," she paused before starting once again. "I had imagined you as a bit of a bore if I am to be honest with you, yet you have pleasantly surprised me." The alabaster molly spoke softly, hesitantly as if she was unsure on whether or not she should be saying such things out loud. Yet she valued honesty and if he couldn't take it, he obviously wasn't who she thought him to be.

word count here totally veering off the deep end with her in terms of personality LOL

[attr="class","sinner2"]

PEBBLES
59 moons
Female
Hetero
Devi
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 20, 2019 17:48:24 GMT
{
}

The she-cats words drug a soft purr out of the tom and he couldn't help but wonder how long it would take to completely wrap her around his paw. It wasn't terrible to be welcoming and open to another, it was just...different for him. And while it was slightly uncomfortable, Talonflight tried to view it as he was having a conversation with his sister. His good moods and playful gestures were easily viewable between the two of them,...so why not treat this encounter as one in the same? "I like to think I can pick the good ones when I see them." He mused, his tail flicking towards her playfully. 

As he listened to her next bout of words, he noted the comment about few mouths to feed. Was his sister not the only one worried? If Vervainflower noted this as well, perhaps he had picked even better than he thought. He nodded his head in agreement, eyes letting the slightest sad sheen take over. "That is true. Gorgeclan seems to be the only one struggling with youth. I had heard of kits in Moorclan, and Creekclan is full of apprentices. But where ours are...well I guess that's a question we're all sort of wondering." Concern highlighted his tone, he would not bring it up that his sister was worried...for her worries were not meant to be made public knowledge. Those were his secrets, the ones he kept and attempted to fix. 

As she spoke of him being a bore, he forced a loud laugh to interrupt the slight pause of silence he had taken. "Only a select few get to know the more entertaining side of me I suppose. My sister notably, but perhaps you can count yourself as someone special." He let a wink accompany his words before giving a soft laugh. "Unless you'd rather not, then I suppose I can go back to boring and all business." The tom shrugged, his amber eyes watching the molly closely.     

''saaaaame. he usually reserves this side of himself for fangstar. 

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Dec 22, 2019 19:00:09 GMT
[attr="class","sinner"]
[attr="class","sinner1"]
[attr="class","sinback"]
[attr="class","sinnert"]Vervainflower nodes her head solemnly at Talonflights words. "It's a wonder how fast the other clans have bounced back, I admit I'm kinda relieved. Its good to know that no matter what atrocity something can face growth is always possible. Gorgeclan will get there some day. Before you know it we'll have kits pretending to be warriors and apprentices hard at work." A softness eased her hardened features into something pleasant, something wonderful. The image of life bustling in the clan's camp was a happy one that filled her with warmth. Perhaps one day she could count herself as one of the lucky ones who'd have a small flock of her own. However, only time could tell on whether or not she'd settle down with a tom and have a family.

Noting Talonflight's concerned tone Vervainflower flashed him a charming smile filled with warmth, "do not fret too much Talonflight. Gorgeclan has always bounced back and I have no doubt we'll do it again. Especially not with your sister leading us, I have full faith in her abilities to lead us into a new era." Bold words to admit out loud, but she meant every word. She would not lie about something like that and she hoped Talonflight could see the truth in her verdant colored eyes.

At his next words a gentle smile found her maw, I shall count myself lucky then." She murmured out as she glanced away from him and shook her head. "No need, I am very much enjoying your company as you are now." She glanced at him with a side eye, "I hope you can say the same then? Do you find me a bore?" A twinkle of glee shown in her eyes as she regarded him with all her attention.

word count here notes

[attr="class","sinner2"]

PEBBLES
59 moons
Female
Hetero
Devi
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 23, 2019 15:26:45 GMT
{
}

One could only hope the white warrior's words would become the truth. Kits dreaming large and apprentices taking on part of the clans burdens would help. While experienced warriors and aging cats were a blessing themselves, they were also a curse. The older those cats got, the less likely they were to produce offspring. And the less likely kits were to come into the world, well...the less likely Vervainflower's vision was to actually become a reality. 

But she kept speaking, only solidifying the choice he had made in his mind. She supported his sister. And with that crucial fact in check, she was the one. He nodded in response to her words, a soft smile playing onto his features. "She's doing her best. And her best is always enough...even if she won't admit that." A soft short laugh followed his statement. He felt comfortable making the comment. There was no lie to his words, and they didn't compromise any information about the short furred tabby. He would never purposefully do so. 

With her next words and actions he couldn't help but smirk softly. "I wouldn't call you a bore, yo're rather alluring. Though I am surprised you have tolerated my presence this long. Not many seem to strike up a conversation with you and have it last longer than a few moments." It was just an observation, and one he hoped she wouldn't take poorly. Though these days, cats in his clan were hard to understand, and it was a tricky job to navigate their personalities carefully and correctly. 

"This future you speak of...Gorgeclan with kits running amuck, any of them yours?" It was perhaps awkwardly phrased at best. Not one of his smoother comments and he knew it. "Not to be intrusive, I suppose my curiosity has just gotten the best of me."   

''enjoy awkward talon. 

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Dec 24, 2019 17:45:55 GMT
Vervainflower grinned along with Talonflight's words about his sister. It brought her to recall the fondness she feels for her two brothers, albeit, half-brothers. Born from the same father yet different mothers it was a curious wonder how the three siblings got along and better yet found each other. Vervainflower never had any familial bonds towards her sire, much less any affection. At one point in her youth she sought after his affections, however, such ideologies were ridiculous to him. She was no man, no son, but instead a useless woman who's only purpose was to bear kits. And that train of thought never settled well with her, it rubbed her the wrong way and left a bad after taste in the back of her throat. In the very least the alabaster molly had Condorflame, someone who loved and treasured her dearly and many moons later another brother appeared, Birchpaw. While Birchpaw was much younger than Vervainflower and Condorflame the two older siblings took an instant liking to the young tom. Charmed by his youthful outlook on life and relieved he wasn't remotely like their father Vervainflower took to the tom. She was lucky to have him for the death of Condorflame left her heart in shambles.

And so Vervainflower admired the love Talonflight had for his sister, the stick-with-it-ness tenacity that kept him by her side was inspiring. She could easily relate to his feelings, that's for sure. "Perhaps you have caught me in a good mood? Congrats on that feat alone," She gave him a coy smile with a soft shrug of her shoulders. "I am a serious cat, Talonflight - most tend to be scared away by my ferocity." Vervainflower spoke clearly as she intently looked the brown tom in the eyes. Her verdant colored eyes burning with an unmatched intensity. "You seem to be an exception."

At his question Vervainflower tilted her head to the side, eyes looking at him as she pondered his question. "Hmm, maybe. Only Starclan would be able to tell if I'd be blessed with such a gift." She murmured out loud before dismissing his concerns with a shake of her head. "Fear not, I am not offended with your question. It is understandable," She gave him a small, reassuring smile. "But now it's my turn. Do you see yourself with a mate and kits running around the camp in this near Goreclan future?" Vervainflower put emphasis on the word near to help get her point across. This was a future that will happen, she'd make sure it became a reality herself if she had to.

-- think we could start a new thread with them. Maybe they can go hunting :3

PEBBLES
59 moons
Female
Hetero
Devi

Quick Reply