subject to rejection

Dec 13, 2019 3:41:16 GMT

little had gone unchanged since the start of bonestar's reign to now when the tom stood before the thicket of thorns. he had known with leafbare approaching he wanted to ensure his clan remain fed and strong. his own whiskers - for some reason - twitched with annoyance that he had been assigned that morning to this locate to hunt. if he had ever thought the clan to be against him, than today was the day for that thought.

a strong sense of dislike and distrust echoed in his heart as he stood stoic and gazing at the thickets with an unease, but accepted fate. would it do the clan pleasure to see a former supporter coming back injured? he thought, thinking back to the day he had turned on his father and the bonestar supporters, showing his own true colors. a thought, that if he could flip so easily, than could he not flip back just as easily.

sighing once more, the green eyed tabby brown tom moved forward, edging his way through the thickest part of the thicket before entering one of the many smaller clearings. from here he knew the center of the thicket was easier to move about and slowly, but carefully began to pick his way through. part of him wondering what would cause his clan mates to hate him so terribly so. sighing in a softer almost breathless way, he stilled in his movements.

to the left there was rustling, small enough to be a vole or mouse. his whiskers twitched with excitement as he stilled, his breath almost held as he waited for the creature to head his way. sure enough, the mouse came within striking distance and the tom moved, tearing into his side with a thorn as he landed a killing bite - unaware others were lurking near by.

OPEN

notes

Deleted
PEBBLES
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Dec 13, 2019 7:39:21 GMT

306 WORDS
@plumdew
NOTES

There are some that become bored with peacetime. It seemed since Bonestar's death all cats ever wanted to do was hunt, hunt, and more hunt. They could not wander from their territory, and patrols were a mundane task. It became harder and harder to get out of the den every morning, as things fell into a repetitive and uninteresting rhythm. Even as prey grew scarcer, the small, lithe she-cat gave no indication of hunger. 

Silently, she had been hoping that the colder weather would bring up some drama, some trouble. Some flowers only bloomed in hardship. This one refused to believe that there was really all there was left for Clan life now that any sort of hardship was over.

Today, she had been herding a mouse. Herding, not hunting, despite the Clan's need for food. It was a little more entertaining and form her hunting expertise, she wondered where the little mouse came from. Perhaps there were more of them there. But soon, like all other things, she grew impatient and bored.

Hind legs bunching, she lunged at the exasperating little creature. But someone else was there. Pearfrost leaped forward to nearly crash into Plumdew's large frame.

A moment later, the mouse was dangling from his jaws. She gave a hiss and an annoyed grumble. Was there no place in GorgeClan where she could have a little time to herself? Plumdew, of all cats, was not a face she welcomed recently. In fact, she was not sure who to believe or who to trust anymore. Call it Clan, call it kinship, none of it had struck a chord with her since their father's death.

"Well, that's no fun. But nice kill, brother," she gave an ironic, frosty compliment and batted at the dead mouse's tail before backing off. 

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
Dec 15, 2019 21:18:12 GMT
Peachwish
@plumdew ,
- no matter where you are I'll be there -
Peachwish slipped away from camp, muttering something about fetching moss for her nest, when she had heard her brother would be out hunting here. She didn't know whether he had been assigned here or if it was choice, but she wanted to take the opportunity to see him and check up on him. It was hard to steal any private moment away these days in GorgeClan. There were always, always, someone's eyes watching or someone's ears listening. Tensions were high among the GorgeClan warriors after the fall of Bonestar. It didn't feel like it would ever get better, but she hoped, no, knew one day there would peace and trust again between her clanmates. She was certain. 

She was easily able to track her brother through the thicket, his scent was fresh and his path simple enough to follow. It didn't take longer before she heard a voice not 10 tail lengths ahead of her. But what caught her interest was that it wasn't that of her brother, Plumdew. To her surprise she instantly recognized the harsh tone of her sister, Pearfrost, commenting on a catch he had seemingly struck. Taking a deep breath in preparation for what she knew would be a testy interaction at best, she knew she couldn't keep her position in hiding. 

With her signature dainty steps, Peachwish gracefully dodged the thorns as she danced into view of her littermates. "Now that's what I like to hear, siblings encouraging each other. I miss that," she began, looking sweetly at Pearfrost, then to Plumdew''s kill, a rather plump for leaf-bare mouse. "Fine work, Plumdew. You've always been a skilled hunter," she purred as she settled into a sitting position, wrapping her tail lightly around her body and floating it gently down onto her front paws. She gave her brother an approving smile, "I hope you two don't mind me joining in on this little hunting expedition."
319 words, i hope you don't mind me jumping in ^^
template by punki of adoxography

Deleted
PEBBLES
Dec 22, 2019 18:12:50 GMT
plumdew

he would have probably attacked the intruder had he a moment to think about what would be done if he did. however, much to his surprise - an annoyance - it was but his sister pearfrost who emerged, congratulating him on his kill in her annoying little ways. the bulkier tom stared down at his petite sister with a raised brown and a smirk of acknowledgement. dropping his mouse he was about to retort a rather rude word or two before the scent and sight of another entered his vision. peachwish, his darling sister, and offered her a smile beyond his cold expression. 

"why thank you peachwish." he meowed, making it a point to prove his appreciation for the other sister. much like pearfrost tho, his solitary confinement had been meant to be his, not shared among clan mates - or siblings. however as his sister settled herself down, making it seem like this had been a group outing all along. "i suppose so, if pearfrost wishes to be in the company of... pleasant folk." he meowed coldly, before settling himself down to stare towards his sister with an expression of curiosity. "since this... hunting expedition, would not exist, lead the way dear sisters of mine." he added with a rather rough edge to his voice.
whoops@peachwish
sorry its short and thanks for waiting guys <3

Deleted
PEBBLES
pearfrost Avatar
pearfrost
Oneclan
Dec 23, 2019 0:32:11 GMT

230 WORDS
@plumdew @peachwish
NOTES

She merely gave a roll of her eyes. Hunting, hunting, and more hunting. Oh, if their snowflake of an mother had witnessed this scene she would have congratulated them on their sibling bonding time. It was cringey at best, and Pearfrost knew that none of the three particularly wanted to spend time with each other. It wasn't like they had been assigned to a patrol, why force such interaction?

"Oh I'm sure there's far more things you don't miss about us," Pearfrost gave Peachwish a smooth and condescending purr. Without hesitation or waiting for a reply, she leaped forward. If it was hunting they were going to do, then hunting it was. She did not bother waiting for the others; they wouldn't do the same for her anyway. It was like Peachwish to take their brother's side. Who knew what went on in that gorgeous mind? While Pearfrost thought highly of her sister's character, it simultaneously irritated her. Peachwish was the Clan cat that Pearfrost would simply never be. She had come to accept that some she-cats were born with the charm, and others...

Pearfrost slammed a paw down, the vole she had scented gave a squall of surprise.

Others had little love on their side. She turned. Hunting was just too boring. Wouldn't want to soil Peachwish's dainty pelt anyway. "So my dear siblings, what do you all do for fun nowadays?"

LAIKA OF GS!

PEBBLES
Female
hetero
IO
Dec 23, 2019 12:23:32 GMT
Peachwish

- no matter where you are I'll be there -
The beautiful calico offered her brother a soft purr in response to his thanks. Both her siblings were strong warriors and she was proud to share the same bloodline with them, and she couldn't blame their allegiance to their former leader, either. A great warrior was made up of many things, loyalty being one of the finest attributes. Adaption was another, though. And it seemed Peardrost was struggling on that front. Her once lively sister was now cold and angry. And her words stung each time they interacted. She missed everything about her siblings, everything. She flinched at Pearfrost's retort and watched on as she took off into the undergrowth.

She flashed Plumdew a sad glance before rising to her paws. "I suppose we shouldn't keep her waiting, huh?" She pressed her nose briefly against her brother's cheek before trotting after the small molly, deep into her own thoughts. How was she ever going to break through to Pearfrost? She had a wall up to everyone around her, especially against Peachwish. And she didn't know what she had ever done to make her sister hate her so much. The shriek of a vole ripped her from her thoughts. Pearfrost had caught a vole with ease and was waiting, perhaps not so patiently, for Plumdew and herself to catch up. 

She settled down into a crouch, kneading the earth under her paws anxiously. Pearfrost was unpredictable and Peachwish always felt as if she were walking on eggshells around her. She flicked her tail at her question. Nothing had been fun recently. GorgeClan was so high strong that it was hard to relax, let alone find fun. She respectfully waited for Plumdew to catch up before responding, "Mother and I have been trying to stay out of camp as much as possible. She is under a lot of scrutiny for her ties to Skyslash." She gave her siblings a knowing look, "As we all are." She shifted her paws uncomfortably. She had mixed feelings about her father's death, but she knew Pearfrost and Plumdew took it much harder. "I've been sneaking off to Crumbling Rocks when I can to practice my climbing. You both should come sometime. That used to be our favorite spot, remember?" She gave a purr and relaxed slightly at the memories of young Plumdew, Pearfrost, and Peachwish playing and exploring in the rocks. Those were better, simpler days.
400 words
@plumdew
template by punki of adoxography

Deleted
PEBBLES

Quick Reply