the dark knight....

talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 11, 2019 16:53:50 GMT
{
}

He enjoyed the darkness. It was something that let his disappear into the shadows without worry of being spotted. Not that many questioned his doings. He was after all the Leader's brother and anything he did that perhaps the least bit questionable he did stealthily and made sure to hide it well. But those things, they were done for positive reasons, optimistic outcomes had always been his end goal. And so far, well, he had no regrets. 

The dark was when he found himself more active, and this night was no different. But this night, he was unusually fidgety. The warriors den had him feeling trapped, and a trip to check on his sister was perhaps warranted. If he felt that something was off, if his soul was worried even the slightest bit, well instinct drove him to his paws and carried him towards her den. 

The harsh leaf-bare wind blew at his fluffy tabby coat, and he narrowed his eyes at the stinging sensation that filled his entire being. Peeking a head into the den, he cleared his throat. "Fangstar..." it was less of a question and more of a greeting before he entered the den. 

While he housed plenty of respect for the Gorgeclan leader, his protective nature was one to get the best of him sometimes. "I felt the need to check on you tonight. I hope you don't mind..." 

what a creeper xD
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
fangstar Avatar
fangstar
Starclan
Dec 12, 2019 15:16:47 GMT
"The truth will set you free."
It was a quiet night in the camp. Fangstar had been worriedly going over what she and her deputy and medicine cat had decided to tell the clan about this whole Spore business, pacing back and forth in front of her nest. There was no way she was going to get much sleep with this hanging over her head.

And she seemed to not be the only one with trouble sleeping. There was a call of her name before her brother pushed his way into her den. A purr rose up in Fangstar's chest without her realizing it, nerves already calming at the sight of her one constant. Very few were allowed to come into her den, and even fewer were allowed to do so without waiting for her to answer them. "I never mind," she answered, padding forward to butt their heads together in greeting. Much like when she called Ferretmask and Flickerfrost to her den, she did not sit in her nest but instead a little off the middle of her den, leaving room for Talonflight to sit where he pleased.

"Any particular reason you wanted to check up on me?" came her knowing tease. Fangstar would bet that even the other clans were aware of how seriously Talonflight took her health and safety. "Or anything you need to speak to your leader about?" The tease from earlier was gone from her voice, the molly slipping back into her leader mindset just in case. Very rarely did her brother need such a thing, but it never hurt to ask.

| A/N:
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
60 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Former Gorgeclan Leader
arcticwind
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 12, 2019 15:52:17 GMT
{
}

He always enjoyed her company. It gave him an overwhelming sense of ease when he could physically lay eyes on her. But as her self appointed protector, it was easier to protect when she was in his direct area of contact. When he could easily reach out and tuck her away into the shadows should threats arise. And now, now that he was closer to her, the anxiousness that had begun to rise in his chest subsided slightly. Something was still not right in the forest, thought what he was unsure of. 

His larger frame dwarfed hers, though it was partially due to the fluffy coat he had inherited from their unknown father. And as her head reached his, he playfully gave a stronger push back. Not many got to see this side. The playful and almost kind side that Fangstar got to experience. Perhaps in another world if he had a mate, she too would see this side. But in this world, no others cared for him and he cared for no others in the same manner. 

A small smirk pulled at his maw as he let his haunches drop casually. He could relax here, there was nobody else to pry with their eyes and provide potential danger. "Something is off. I couldn't sleep. And if I can't sleep, and something feels off....you're the first one I check on." His voice was low, raspy like many would expect from a well seasoned warrior. Perhaps he was aging quicker than he expected, but he couldn't let it slow him down. Not when things were so full of unknown chaos around him, and not when his instincts told him to stay alert. 

"I apologize for it being so late dear sister but it doesn't seem as if you were sleeping anyways...hmm?" The inquisitive look in his eyes begged for an answer, but she was his leader and owed him nothing.   

eeeek i'm gonna like him more than i thought i would! 

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
fangstar Avatar
fangstar
Starclan
Dec 13, 2019 16:02:35 GMT
Her head tilted to the side curiously as Talonflight spoke. Warmth rose in her chest at his characteristic concern for her wellbeing even as she wondered what he could possibly sense. She certainly didn't feel such a thing. "I always appreciate your company," came her purred response. Fangstar decided it wasn't worth standing - or in this case, sitting - on ceremony so she lay down on the floor with her paws tucked underneath. This was her brother, after all. He'd never do anything to harm her.

"But no, I was not sleeping." A deep sigh escaped the Gorgeclan leader. "There is something I will be bringing to the clan's attention tomorrow, so I can't speak much on it right now." A little hesitation before Fangstar said, "But I have had many worries on my mind as of late. Gorgeclan, we came out of Bonestar's near ruin surprisingly intact, even after we rid ourselves of the worst of his supporters. But ever since then we have no had a single kit be born. Many of our warriors are seasoned or at least several moons older than an apprentice." Worried green eyes sought her brother's comfort. "How can we expect to survive if there is no next generation to teach? If there is nothing to contain the energy our youngest warriors hold?"

Perhaps most leaders would not think this appropriate talk for anyone other than their deputy. Fangstar valued honesty, however, and she was determined to uphold that for as long as she could. Perhaps a rumor started here, with Talonflight, could be whispered into the ears of the rest of Gorgeclan. Any outcome that did not include allowing kittypets and other non-clan cats into the Gorge to strengthen their numbers was a win in her mind.

| A/N: I'm so glad! I already love him to death.
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
60 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Former Gorgeclan Leader
arcticwind
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 14, 2019 14:54:49 GMT
{
}

He watched as his sister arranged herself into a more comfortable manner. While she was able to feel at ease, he himself couldn't let his guard down. What would happen if another bursted into the den with ill intent? The countless random worries scrolled through his brain as his eyes watched her, his ears constantly on, one ever so slightly angled back towards the entrance. 

He tilted his head ever so slightly as she spoke. What did the clan need to know? As much as he wanted to ask, push and inquire, he stopped himself. She had afterall said she couldn't speak about it much now. And he would be respectful of her wishes. While she was his sister, she was also his leader. Warriors didn't get to question Leaders, or at least those with respect didn't. 

But as she continued, the cogs in his mind began to turn. They began to crank out ideas and thoughts, ones he would have to act upon later...once the sun had rose and others had began to wake. "There will be future generations. Gorgeclan has always come back, and you are the reason for that. I'm sure that with time, there will be plenty of kits roaming around to train into fine young warriors." 

And of that, he was quite certain. Already his brain was being combed through, searching the list of warriors that he could possibly fool into love and a happy ever after. "But what of yourself? Surely there's a tom out there for you?" His voice teased lightly, attempting to draw her away from the concerning thoughts that plagued her mind.   

''officially on the prowl for a she-cat

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
fangstar Avatar
fangstar
Starclan
Dec 15, 2019 18:13:24 GMT
Fangstar ducked her head and gave her paws a quick few licks in embarrassment. Talonflight was such a flatterer. She doubted, however, that is was just due to her efforts that Gorgeclan had come this far in such a short amount of time. Every cat - most cats had been doing their best to build the clan back up in strength if not in numbers. Perhaps she had begun leading them in the right direction, but it was their choice to follow her there.

However, her brother's next words had her mood abruptly dropping. She sighed and rested her head on her paws, directing her gaze unseeing to the entrance to her den. Of course there's a tom, she thought sadly to herself. But much like before, circumstances mean that we cannot be together. Fangstar's voice was soft as she turned her eyes to Talonflight. "There always has been... but his happiness means we must be separate." Already, she had a feeling of how her brother would respond. Knowing she was denying part of her own happiness for this other tom? He wouldn't stand for it, she was sure.

"I expect that I will be a leader without kits. I can't bring myself to not love him, and I can't pretend to love another."

| A/N: I love angst
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
60 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Former Gorgeclan Leader
arcticwind
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 17, 2019 17:31:39 GMT
{
}

A grimace pulled at his maw as he listened to her words. He knew very well what she spoke of, and it was hard to not turn straight into harsh words. But this was his sister, and with her he found himself ever so slightly softer and more understanding. "And what of your happiness Fangstar? Does that not matter?" His words held truth, and he had a feeling she would know that he asked them out of a caring demeanor instead of the harsh reality that seemed to cling to them. 

"He very well could be here and we both know it. That is not something that you should have to suffer for." His words held more strength to them this time. If there was one thing he couldn't stand for, it was his sister hurting. And while nobody was twisting her paw, and these were purely emotional aspects of life...it still pained him to see her this way.   

''oof sorry this is  short but i felt like it got his point across?

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
fangstar Avatar
fangstar
Starclan
Dec 21, 2019 14:50:11 GMT
The laugh that she let out was a a little broken. Fangstar blinked several times and focused again on her brother. "A good question! I, as the leader, cannot lead in bitterness, or greed, or anger. Doing so will destroy us, especially after Bonestar and his overreaching paws." Unable to lay still any longer, she resumed her pacing from before Talonflight had joined her. "But happiness? I can exist without him and be happy. I have you, I have the Clan. I don't need him, but I want him."

Fangstar's tail lashed in frustration as she tried to get her own point across. "All I'm saying is that there will be one part of my life that I will have to content myself with being content, or at least not unhappy. I can make do with knowing he is happier with where he is now." She tried to inject her tone with the same tease as earlier. "Surely you know how it feels to base part of your own happiness on another."

An understatement, perhaps, but Fangstar knew how her brother was. Sometimes the way he almost idolized her made her uncomfortable, but there was no denying he was her biggest supporter. They were all each other had, now, though she hoped he found someone else in the future. He deserved it and could make more of it than she could. He wouldn't be forced to choose between the Clan's future and her family like she would.

| A/N: I have decided Fang is just allergic to admitting her feelings
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
60 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Former Gorgeclan Leader
arcticwind
talonflight Avatar
talonflight
Oneclan
Dec 23, 2019 15:12:54 GMT
{
}

He watched his sibling closely. It was easy to tell that she was uncomfortable. She was...struggling? But not in a way that many expected leaders to struggle. This wasn't about clan issues or borders or policies. This was strictly a personal struggle. This was an inner conflict and one she would not escape easily. He watched her, expressionless, as she spoke and paced. He needed to, and would, find the right place to interject. But at this moment, it would seem like she needed to argue with herself more than anything. 

Moments like these, one might be afraid of his sister. See this pent up frustration and find the need to flee. She wasn't one that backed down easily, and in his eyes she was the harsher of the three leaders that currently led the clans. But in this moment, he saw weakness. She was clearly plagued by this tom, and Talonflight unfortunately could identify this tom. Would it be easier to rid him of her life entirely? It wouldn't take much...just a quick trip across clan lines and quietly in the night....

But knowing who it was, he wouldn't go down without a fight. And even with size on his side, Talonflight wouldn't be able to necessarily overcome him in a battle. It was a risky move, if it were to ever be made. As she commented on happiness relying on another he couldn't help but give a short chuckle. "Oh don't flatter yourself too much sister. I wouldn't place it all entirely on you." His eyes sparkled playfully, hoping to draw her out of the mood she was now clearly in. 

"There are others Fangstar. He's not the only one...even if he may be your first choice. Sometimes the right choice hurts." His last words were pushing it, but he knew she valued his opinion...and if anything, she couldn't be mad at him for giving it. 

''casually just plotting cobra's death if it would make fang feel better xD

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
fangstar Avatar
fangstar
Starclan
Dec 28, 2019 10:34:00 GMT
A small smile appeared on Fangstar's face as her brother teased her. It was relieving, to have the mood so easily lightened between the two of them. If she'd never had Talonflight, if he wasn't around for her to - to vent to when things got to be too much... There was no telling where she would be now. And honestly, it was a question she never wanted to have answered. It could forever remain a mystery and she'd be happier.

Again, however, her mood dropped when he pushed one final time. She sighed, tail flicking not necessarily in annoyance but begrudging acceptance of his words. "I know," she murmured quietly. "It's hard to put it into action. Perhaps in the future, there will be another. For now..." Her voice trailed off, a ruefully amused look crossing over her face. "For now I have other things to do. A doomed love will have to wait to rid myself of."

As if to prove her words, a scream rose up from the camp. Fangstar's head snapped up and she bolted away from her brother.

| A/N: I mean there's no telling what her reaction would be XD
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
60 moons
Molly
She/Her
Unknown
Former Gorgeclan Leader
arcticwind

Quick Reply