pursuit of happiness

fallowbreeze Avatar
fallowbreeze
Starclan
Dec 11, 2019 15:25:42 GMT
` F A L L O W B R E E Z E:
♚  he had spent two days worrying himself into a mess. well, a larger mess than he already was. but at the end of the day, he couldn't convince himself to change his mind. with his logic, if starlingstep saw he had his own kits....then maybe she would love him again. maybe she would be able to accept that he was a true father figure. that he was capable of producing kits with she-cats. he'd show her. 

that single thought was a reminder as he made his way to the same meeting place he had met the dark furred she-cat. he was sure to find her here again, after all majesty had said she would meet him and then they would be able to strike a deal. she would make sure he got what he wanted. this was going to actually happen. a single tear of joy trailed out of the tom's eye and he felt a genuine smile pull at his maw.

approaching the meeting point he found himself staring at the same molly, at least that much was familiar. "i am ready to meet with majesty. i am here, i have decided." some sort of confidence attempted to fill his words and his tail swayed as he patiently waited for her to whisk them away. the journey was one he hardly paid attention to, this time his mind wandered to what his kits could possibly look like. it was an exciting thing to contemplate. would they hold his features, or their mothers? who would be their mother? 

as the approached the palace, he tried to relax, tension beginning to fill him once more as his nerves took over. while he had been so certain and so sure, now that it was actually time to break down the details...well, things were sure to change tune and become interesting.  
`uh kinda skipped part of their journey hope you don't mind

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Majesty Avatar
Majesty
Missing
Dec 13, 2019 1:11:14 GMT
MAJESTY
There was little communication to be had between the pair as Midnight guided the clan tom to the Palace. He was distracted by his thoughts, and it was not her duty to concern herself with conversation. So, the journey elapsed mostly in silence, and in time the pair made it up the boxes and ledges that lay as a path toward the entrance point of the Palace.

"I am pleased to see you have returned, Fallowbreeze."

The soft, honeyed voice floated out from another area of the Palace below, and soon enough the molly stepped into the light and waved her plumed tail to gesture the tom down. She seemed at ease, and not in the slightest surprised the clan cat had returned to her abode. If anything, it was clear Majesty had expected as much, and she guided him easily to where they had settled last time in the plush nests.

"Tell me dear," she cooed lightly, golden gaze glinting with curiosity. "What is it you have decided?"

Notes | all good I totally just skipped the rest of it lol

Tagged |

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Bisexual
Trader
Nyara
fallowbreeze Avatar
fallowbreeze
Starclan
Dec 13, 2019 17:16:16 GMT
♚  the palace still gave him some sort of the creeps. it was eerie in a way that cats usually stayed away from. or at least cats who didn't really have a place there stayed away from. and he happened to be one of them. his home was back in moorclan, and that would be his future kits' home as well. or at least, that's all he could really hope for. but this deal had yet to be made, and while he had tried to think of all the possible outcomes, he couldn't really gauge just what was going to happen. and thus, the worry consumed him as he entered the lair of majesty, straight into the belly of the beast. 

her voice was just as he remembered it. soothing, almost like he could remember his mother's as a kit. and she lured him in, hook, line and sinker. he was back in her clutches with no way out. he followed her unspoken commands, settling in for whatever sort of talk they were going to be having. it took everything in him not to bolt, but there was no turning back...not now. 

"Yes....yes. i want the kits...." he tried to remain confident in himself, hopeful for the future that lay ahead. "i would very much like them." he was a broken record, unable to really judge where the conversation should go from here. after all, he wasn't in control here...it was her domain.  
`well fallow doesn't know what to expect 

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Majesty Avatar
Majesty
Missing
Dec 14, 2019 21:18:56 GMT
MAJESTY
Of course, it was hardly a surprise when the tom told her something she already knew. Why else would he have returned, if he was not still set upon what he wanted? Still, it was an illusion of choice in the matter that she enjoyed, even if she could see in his eyes he was realizing that level of choice was slipping.

Majesty gave a nod, a seemingly thoughtful one, before she responded.

"I am pleased to hear this, for I too have made a decision," she hummed lightly, raising a paw to calmly inspect it, before returning it to the plush of her nest as she lifted her gaze to meet his. "To best fulfill your wishes, I will mother these kits myself."

The decision was firm, yet hardly dropped in its honeyed tone. Despite that, however, something else glittered in those golden eyes as she gave her offer, and it warmed her eyes mysteriously like a steadily growing flame. "However...nothing comes for free, you know...What would you offer me in return, that would be worth giving up my own brood?"

Notes | The illusion of choice XD

Tagged |

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Bisexual
Trader
Nyara
fallowbreeze Avatar
fallowbreeze
Starclan
Dec 17, 2019 17:54:46 GMT
♚  his eyes sparkled happily, she had made a decision. and from her tone, maybe it was going his way? his ears perked up, focused on the she-cat as she spoke. every word she said mattered that much more. this was the moment of truth. and as she spoke, as she solidified this moment with her words, he tilted his head in surprise. she would carry his kits? she would do such a thing for him? "th--thank you majesty. i couldn't ask for anything more...you're, beautiful and i'm sure they will be beautiful kits." the words spilled out of his mouth, hope and excitement filling his heart. he had meant what he said, she was beautiful...but she wasn't starlingstep... but he needed to push that thought to the back of his mind. for that was not something that needed to cloud his judgement in this moment. 

but she had a question for him, and it was not one he was ready for. he scrunched up his face in thought. hoping to come across some idea, at least one...that would help him seal the deal that was quickly becoming a reality. "i...i guess i'm not sure." he paused, his eyes returning to her. "What is it you would wish for?" hook, line and sinker...he was falling straight into her trap.   
`dun dun dun...he's done for lol

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Majesty Avatar
Majesty
Missing
Dec 18, 2019 2:24:44 GMT
MAJESTY
Majesty rumbled a slight purr at his words, his admiration of her beauty, though in truth the words meant little coming from him. He offered to her no loyalty, no reverence - he was just a stranger telling her things she already knew, and it was not going to earn him anything she did not decide to give him. His praise was entirely meaningless.

However, she soaked it in all the same, content to be admired.

"Indeed they will," she agreed smoothly, little bother with humility when the truth was plain to see. Still, just as much as she feigned to care for his opinion of her, she showed faux surprise to his generous offer. What does she wish for? Well, was that not the best question he could ask.

Still, the molly started of innocence with her requests.

"Of course, the kits will need to stay with me until they no longer require milk - I could not imagine giving up my kits without certainty that they will have someone to nurse them." A flicker of maternal concern in those honey-gold eyes, a spot of softness to her tone, before she gave him a reassuring glance. "Not a price, of course, simply for their best chance in life." And her best chance to get to know them and garner their loyalties.

Kits were innocent little things, after all.

However, the soft, sweetness to her tone and expression lightened, morphing to something colder and more insistent as she met the tom's gaze. "However, I can't give you all that I have for nothing, as I said," she went on smoothly, gaze drifting out across her Palace. "I will be keeping a kit of my choice."

It was then that her gaze flickered bat to his, and while there was still something approachable and friendly about the front she offered, there was a challenging look in her gaze that dared him to refuse. She did not take no for an answer lightly.

Notes |

Tagged |

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Bisexual
Trader
Nyara
fallowbreeze Avatar
fallowbreeze
Starclan
Dec 18, 2019 19:25:26 GMT
♚  it was enticing to him knowing that the deal was almost done. kits were within his grasp, and that was something that might help him with starlingstep. oh starlingstep. but what would she think? what would all of moorclan think? it was a thought that plagued his mind, thought he had answered it a hundred times. when the time came to bring the kits home, he would have a story. he messed up, and while he tried to bring their mother along, she refused. it was quite simple, and if spiritstar was who he thought he was, well...he wouldn't turn the kits away. though fallowbreeze could get in trouble, he would still rather have his kin with him than out here in this...shack? 

his thoughts were interrupted by her words and he nodded quickly, agreement easily achieved. "of course. i wouldn't want anything to harm them. i would want to give them their best chance." but was he giving them their best chance? by separating them from their mother? surely he and moorclan could provide a better home than this place? the palace as it was referred to. thoughts consuming him once more, he was only halfway paying attention as she named her price. 

his eyes widened. how was he to let her keep a kit? what of their siblings? would they not be aware of the missing brother or sister? would they remember? could they forget? but as his panicked gaze met hers, he realized he had no choice. it was agree, or be gone. it was submit, or no deal. he gulped, nodding his head slowly. "yes. a kit of your choice." so she wasn't just a pretty face and a beautiful voice....
`and fallow is now like oh shit.

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
Majesty Avatar
Majesty
Missing
Dec 19, 2019 0:10:24 GMT
MAJESTY
Majesty was far from surprised to hear him agree. Of course he would want the kits to have their best chance, and if her insistence as a mother to be, as a mother before, was for them to nurse with her...well then, who was he to say no? After all, she was the one doing him a favor here. She did not need to agree to this, to give him kits, much less her own. She could just as soon go out and make someone else's price to give the tom kits - yet what would she get out of that?

The thought of having kits again warmed her, just barely. This time they would survive.

There was more panic to the male this time as he was met with her true price. Of course there would be. He had not been expecting such, had he? Who would. Still, Majesty waited patiently for the agreement she knew was to come, for this tom was too desperate for her to possibly imagine the deal falling through entirely. As he met her gaze, however...Majesty noted that she could likely ask for anything.

For now, however, she would not drive him off.

Gaze softening and expression taking on the same warmth as before, she gave Fallowbreeze a pleased nod. "Wonderful - with that I do say our deal is struck," Majesty purred sweetly, tail uncurling from her side as she stood and stretched in her nest, taking a few graceful strides toward the tom. However, as her nose wound toward his ear, there was a darker warning note to her soft, honeyed tone.

"Make sure you take good care of my kits, dear," she cooed, tilting her head back to meet his gaze with an almost deadly calm that looked just as surprisingly gentle. "The deal only stands so long as they remain safe."

Notes | Viper shows her fangs once the deal is made, whoops

Tagged |

PEBBLES
Female
She/Her
Bisexual
Trader
Nyara
fallowbreeze Avatar
fallowbreeze
Starclan
Dec 19, 2019 0:22:09 GMT
♚  relief washed over him. the deal was done. he would be able to leave here in one piece. and he would head back to moorclan, where he would be welcomed with open paws and happy faces. unlike here, where everyone was only looking out for themselves...or perhaps just for majesty. the she-cat had been such a warm face at first, but now...he saw her for what she truly was. she agreed to help others for her benefit. this kit, the one she would keep...it would benefit her. it would ensure her another follower and another to keep this place strong and going. 

fallowbreeze sat tall, his tail flicking timidly as he readied himself to leave. but she was beside him in a moment, and the words chilled him to the bone. he nodded his head quickly, multiple times in a panicked notion. "i-i-..i will. they will remain safe." his gaze only held her for so long before it dropped to the ground. well here they were...deal struck...and now, he was at her mercy. soon he would be able to leave, and soon he would have to come and collect the kits that were his. 
`i got like nothing else...besides like fade to black and then wait two weeks bahahaha.

PEBBLES
Tom
Hetero
Jelly

Quick Reply