Fallen Snow Lines Our Feet

falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Dec 10, 2019 21:12:44 GMT

we lived too long to be so loved.

The bitter temperature nipped at the tips of Falconcry’s ears. Leaf-bare had dawned upon all the clans, leaving prey scarce and sickness in full bloom. The tom heaved a sigh, his breath caught in the crisp morning air of the forest. Leaves now dwindled in numbers as they spiraled downwards towards the frosty ground.

Falconcry’s heart thrummed with excitement. Today he was giving his very first training as a mentor, and he hoped his apprentice Wolfpaw was just as eager to begin. With all the spreading sickness, Gorgeclan was going to need all the hunters it could get.

He hoped Wolfpaw would show on time as instructed - just as the sun rose in the sky.

Falconry waited patiently, his nose pointed upwards as he watched the twinkling leaves fall.

@wolfcry

135 Words

Notes
Yay first training! I've never actually played a mentor before, but I'll do my best! If you have any specific plotting for wolfpaw, please let me know! .3. 

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
Dec 11, 2019 20:20:05 GMT

Wolfpaw

Run run run away
Meet me in our hiding place
Find me where we'll make our escape

The chilled wind cut through the young tom's long, thick coat, and his paw pads, still being roughened by the harsh terrain, began to grow numb from the cold ground beneath them.

Creeping quietly around the apprentices, deep in their slumber, Wolfpaw stuck his nose out of the den entrance, the rest of his body following. With a flick of his tail, he sped into a smooth trot, stiff muscles loosening and warming.

The young cat was told to meet his mentor at the crack of dawn, when the silence of the cold night was broken by the chirping of the birds. It was rather peaceful.

Wolfpaw knew the way, following the trail that his mentor had shown him the previous day.

Whiskers twitching, he stepped into the clearing where his mentor was. The older tom's head was tilted upwards, watching leaved fall. 

"Falconcry," he murmured, dipping his head in greeting. 

Come come come away
We don't need them anyway

151 words ||
Notes: Super excited! I don't have anything specific in mind, but I'm willing to work with you if you do!

Deleted
PEBBLES
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Dec 11, 2019 21:05:33 GMT

Sounds of paw steps upon the brittle path geared Falconcry’s attention towards his apprentice. The tom smiled upon Wolfpaw's arrival dipping his head in a linear fashion.

Falconcry stood tall, his paws planted firmly and his tail swishing somewhat behind him. Memories of his first apprentice training washed over him fondly. He reminisced on his father's care during mentor training and strived to deliver the same teachings.

I’m glad to see you arrived safely! I have some expectations of you that I’d like to layout in the beginning. They’re very important to becoming a skilled warrior.
Today we’ll be working on quite a lot and I expect you to pay attention.

If you have a question, always ask me. There are no silly or stupid questions here. Better to always know, then guess and put yourself or others in danger. Also, always remember to try. During your training, they’ll be times where you may feel frustrated. It’s better to just accept your frustrations as they are and keep going. When you feel frustrated, I’ll be here to pick you back up again, so giving up isn’t an option.”

Falconcry smiled warmly towards Wolfcry, all the while padding closer in his direction.

“Are you ready to begin?”

@wolfcry

206 Words

Notes
Sorry for the long spiel lmao  

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
Dec 11, 2019 21:59:48 GMT
Wolfpaw

Run run run away

Wolfpaw had somewhat expected his mentor to start barking orders, or to expect him to start batte training right away, and was pleasantly surprised by the introduction. He also knew exactly what Hailstrike would say to that. 

"Weak."

He wouldn't think about her now, though. Wolfpaw had much more important things to be doing. Shifting his paws uncomfortably as his mentor spoke, he eventually settled. Sitting with his fluffy tail wrapped around his body, he listened to his mentor, ears swiveled forward and alert. 

He nodded along to his mentor's words. He didn't mirror the tom's warm smile, but Wolfpaw's face softened, just a bit. He nodded ever so subtly, still slightly uncomfortable but not as much as he had been padding into the clearing. 

"I am ready."

In truth, he wasn't sure. What he did know was that he was ready to become a warrior, for better or worse. His mother had never mattered less to him, and he had finally started to adjust, just a bit, to life in Gorgeclan. 

Come come come away

172 words ||
Notes: All good haha

Deleted
PEBBLES
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Dec 14, 2019 12:43:30 GMT

“We shall begin then,” Falconcry said smoothly.

“I’m really going to talk your ears off today, so if you have any questions just stop me right there, alright?”

Falconcry sniffed, inhaling the chilly air and the scents of the woods. The scent of pine sap and small creatures lurking beneath the brush wafted around him.

The warrior knew well of Wolfpaw’s past and that of his sister Featherpaw. He had spoken with the timid female a few times as of recent and hoped she was making the choices that she wanted to make. Not only as a medicine cat, but with the essence of herself. He wanted to beckon that same opportunity to his apprentice, so today Falconcry decided to start his lesson with something possibly unexpected.

“Today we’ll learn about hunting. Hunting is one of the most important aspects of a warriors life. Learning to hunt not only feeds you but feeds your whole clan.

Falconcry sat, gesturing to their surroundings.

“Tell me what you smell and if you don’t know, that’s perfectly alright.”

@wolfcry

175 Words

Notes
n/a

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
Dec 30, 2019 21:40:14 GMT
Wolfpaw

Run run run away

Wolfpaw gave a noncommittal nod as his mentor spoke, keeping his bright eyes on the tom. 

He wasn't sure what to expect from the tom. Before he was assigned Falconcry as a mentor, he hadn't spoken to the tom much, if at all. 

His ears flicked in surprise when the older tom mentioned hunting. He knew he was capable of that, as he used to hunt for his sister when they lived with Hailstrike. Well, sort of. 

Back then, he had been lucky to catch a mouse for the two of them to share. Their mother would rather be lazing in the sun than hunting for her kits. 

"Alright," Wolfpaw murmured, standing up and sniffing the air. He didn't smell anything at first. 

He padded a few tail-lengths toward the edge of the clearing. It seemed that all the scents were obscured by the sharp tang of snow. 

"I-um-" he muttered, partially to himself as he opened his mouth, trying to catch the scent of something, anything. Hailtstrike had instilled a fear of failure in the young tom, and it was still present. 

Come come come away

183 words ||
Notes: All good haha

Deleted
PEBBLES
falconcry Avatar
falconcry
Oneclan
Jan 9, 2020 19:00:34 GMT

The warrior waited patiently, curious to see how much Wolfpaw already knew.

"I-um-"

Falconcry smiled warmly, giving a gentle flick of his tail to the apprentice.

"It's perfectly fine that you don't know just yet. You're right on track with where you should be during our training!"

The tom sniffed again. The smell of mouse nestling under the brush caught his attention and a small bird hid somewhere among the treetops.

"The Earthy, almost dewy smell is the scent of a mouse and today we're going to try to catch it."

The tom took a step back, opening up a space between the two of them.

"There are some things you should know. Some points are obvious, while others you might have to practice again and again.

Always begin by checking your surroundings and do so frequently as prey moves around - some faster than others.

This goes from clanners to prey itself. The best way to conceal your scent is to face downwind of your prey. Otherwise, you just might become the one being hunted."

Falconcry looked to Wolfpaw, hoping everything was making sense before continuing.

@wolfcry 
187 words

FALCONCRY

Made by jei

PEBBLES
27 Moons
Male
Heterosexual
Jei
Jan 15, 2020 1:57:56 GMT
Wolfpaw

Run run run away

His ears pinned back just the slightest, the flustered apprentice nodded as his mentor spoke. Waking back toward his mentor, he nodded as the older cat spoke. He was finally beginning to relax and focus fully. 

"...and today we're going to try to catch it."

Wolfpaw cocked his head, then sniffed the air once more. 

"Oh-I smell it now? I think?" he sure hoped that what he smelled was the mouse.  Looking back at his mentor, for further instruction, he listened intently as his mentor spoke about being downwind. It made sense, of course the wind would blow your scent right to one's prey if there weren't careful. 

And of course, he definitely didn't want to be the one to be hunted, as unsettling as that sounded. He never wanted another animal to surprise him in his territory. Wolfpaw did not like surprises. 

"That makes sense," he looked around, then flicked his tail toward his mentor, "downwind is that way, right?"

Come come come away

161 words ||
Notes: Falcon's new threader is super pretty :))

Deleted
PEBBLES

Quick Reply