tell me bout the good ol' days

Dec 9, 2019 16:42:25 GMT

Cause darling I'm a
nightmare
dressed like a
daydream
It was getting harder and harder to venture further from home. In fact, she had questioned even attempting this journey today. But soon enough, snow would coat the ground and then she would truly avoid these longer treks. Her adventures would be confined to the village and the outskirts just outside of the wall. But for now, as the sun shone above, she was out. 

Her dark paws carried her swiftly to the homestead. It was perhaps one of her favorite places to visit. The two-legs who lived here left out scraps for the cats who roamed. And for the most part, the other felines who visited this place were rather welcoming and talkative. This was her paradise, and if she had to have one last hurrah before being confined to her neighborhood, well she had to make it a good one.

The horses and sheep still roamed in the paddocks, and she was quick to approach the pen of the fluffy white animals. They were easier to sit and watch, they didn't approach her like those nosy large beasts did. Her hind end wiggled lightly as she crouched, readying herself to launch. Paws nimbly closed around one of the fence posts, perching her atop like a small bird. Her blue eyes scanned the area, who was to fall victim to her incessant talking today? 

● boopp boop

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0

Deleted
PEBBLES
ash Avatar
ash
Starclan
Dec 12, 2019 16:36:11 GMT
"The past is behind, the future is ahead."
Ah, leaf-bare. Ash knew from many moons' experience that the snow and cold weather would do him no harm - his thick coat, thicker in the colder moons, made that one of the few things he could reliably count upon. His usual winding route through the Twoleg Village to eat from the porch had already been done, and so he directed himself towards the Homestead. It wasn't often that he came this far from the Village nowadays; Moorclan was so close he swore he could see their forms darting around in the distance.

But he heard talk of one cat that he had yet to meet, so many moons after establishing himself in the Village. How in the stars that had managed to play out, Ash had no clue, but he was determined to meet her on as neutral ground as possible. A friendly ear had informed him that this "Nina" would go to the Homestead before the snows set in. And what use was his day if he couldn't cozy up to yet another kittypet with far more free reign than he had been taught to expect?

Round the corner of a supremely large den brought another cat into view. Ash wasn't quite certain that this was the she-cat he searched for, at least until he got a closer look and could confirm that she was indeed a stranger to him.

Not in scent, however, he mused, moving lazily closer to where she perched upon the fence. The scent he assumed belonged to the other cat had definitely been found all around the Village and whatever surrounding area he could make himself want to go explore. Ash let out a meow of greeting, eyeing the fence before making his jump. The wood under his paws shuddered but he gracefully kept his balance, tail sweeping in a grand gesture before he spoke. "Well, I haven't seen you around before."

@nina | A/N:
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
44 moons
Genderfluid
Yes
Pansexual
Former Loner
arcticwind
Dec 13, 2019 17:08:39 GMT

Cause darling I'm a
nightmare
dressed like a
daydream
As the scent of another feline filled her nose, she was pleasantly surprised to see a large fluffy cat make the same jump she had just done. He towered over her in size, clearly his bone structure was much more prominent than her own. However, they shared the same fluffy pelt that protected her from the leaf-bare weather, and that she could relate to. Her eyes lit up as her ears began to catch words that left his maw. At least she was going to have an eventful day. 

"And I haven't seen you!" She exclaimed rather gleefully. Her chipper voice run into the air as her tail swept around her paws and her ears flickered towards the tom, intent on learning all the information he could possibly give. "I'm Nina! Who might you be? It's so strange to meet cats that I don't know yet. For the most part, I know almost everyone. Have you met Mirage? She's a loner around these parts, kind of quiet but still nice none the less!" 

Chipper had always been her middle name, and this was no different. Caution thrown to the wind, she was embarking on this new friendship with only the best of intentions.   

● she's just so effing happy

Deleted
PEBBLES
ash Avatar
ash
Starclan
Dec 16, 2019 8:29:22 GMT
Ash let a smile show at the enthusiasm the other cat showed for his simple presence, ego nicely inflating. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Nina," he purred. Ah, seems like her eagerness was a bit contagious. Ash didn't mind - nothing had been irritating lately so he could easily match her energy. "My name is Ash, and I can't say I've met Mirage. I don't normally wander out this way. I prefer to stay in the Village."

Maybe this could be a more entertaining encounter than he had expected? There had been so little to entertain himself with in the Twoleg Village as leaf-bare neared. A lot of the kittypets seemed to prefer staying indoors where they could hide from the brisk wind, and the Twolegs themselves paid less attention to him. Oh, that wasn't to say that they didn't keep food out for him and the other loners, but it meant they would walk past him instead of petting him.

And if there was one thing Ash loved about being free of the clans, it was the feel of a Twoleg running its paw through his fur.

"But what brings you out here?" The subject change was to keep his mind from wandering and perhaps get to know Nina better. New cat, new goals, after all. And she truly was a pretty thing.

@nina | A/N: Dear gods I love her, I want more
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
44 moons
Genderfluid
Yes
Pansexual
Former Loner
arcticwind
Dec 18, 2019 19:44:49 GMT
Cause darling I'm a
nightmare
dressed like a
daydream
She watched him carefully, his words captivating her. So he was pleased to meet her? A smile formed on her maw and her butt wiggled with excitement. It wasn't everyday that another was as happy to meet her as she was to meet them. But if he stayed in The Village, how had she been so dull to his scent there? She was vigilant, and knew almost everyone! A frown pulled at her face, "Well it's completely crazy that I haven't met you before then! I'm always out and about in the Village. My two-legs gave me this nice little door that let's me wander as I please. Well, as long as I go back every night. Which this darn cold is going to be messing with, unfortunately." 

Her head shook with frustration as she peered up at the sky, almost convinced that she would conjure snow if she stared hard enough. His words pulled her attention away from the lifeless sky, and her dark ears perked up at the question. "Strangers mostly. I always hope to find one that knows something about those darn clans. The most anyone has ever really told me is that they leave you alone if you leave them alone. And I can't really afford to wander that far in search of them. Plus if something were to happen, I don't know what I'd do." She laughed lightly, her blue orbs twinkling with playfulness. "Why are you out here if you stay near the Village? It's quite the walk."     

● i need her to be me xD

Deleted
PEBBLES
ash Avatar
ash
Starclan
Dec 21, 2019 0:42:02 GMT
His head tilted at the mention of a door. So that was the kind of access she had? Outside as much as she desired, so long as she returned to the den at night? How curious and so utterly unlike what he had grown up with or come to know about the kittypets. All that he had asked said that they had to beg to be let out before their Twolegs opened the door for them.

"I find the cold not much of a bother," he said in amusement. "Why should it keep you from travelling in leaf-bare?" The snow was just a minor inconvenience when it had come to hunting for the clan, after all. It tended to crunch at the worst moment and drove prey to hide.

Although that wasn't really an issue for Ash anymore. He ate far better from the Twolegs than he ever had, hunting for Gorgeclan.

Nina spoke again and drew his attention back to the present once again. "As it happens," he started with an amused tone, "I was told of this cat that I had yet to meet despite my many moons in the Village. And as it so happens, I used to be a clan cat." Usually they were careful with the reveal of this information but something about Nina's cheerful personality brought them to think that she was no threat to their safety.

And they were in a good mood. Perhaps talk about the good days of his clan could get him... close to the she-cat.

@nina | A/N: She's just a doll
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
44 moons
Genderfluid
Yes
Pansexual
Former Loner
arcticwind
Dec 27, 2019 15:25:02 GMT
Cause darling I'm a
nightmare
dressed like a
daydream
Nina smiled warmly at the other cat before opening her maw to speak once more. "Oh, well...I guess when there's snow on the ground it gets darker sooner and then my two-legs close my door earlier. I don't know that they'd really ever leave me out forever, but I don't want to truly find out. It makes me happy to come and go." Her peppy voice was enough to show her enthusiasm and love for the outside world. And while she did enjoy indoors, and the life of luxury she had, she would much rather find herself traveling. Some days, she even wished to live the life of a loner. No twolegs to run home to....but then again, no food just set out so nicely to fill your belly. 

When her ears caught sound of him being a clan cat, her eyes grew wide and she beamed brightly. "But then how are you here?! Clan cats never seem to come this far! Unless..." she narrowed her eyes, a quizzical look crossing her face, "unless you're just saying you are one!" She stared at him with an unwavering gaze, as if her eyes could reveal the truth quickly and without hassle.      

● meep.

Deleted
PEBBLES
ash Avatar
ash
Starclan
Dec 28, 2019 11:28:31 GMT
How interesting. He knew, of course, that Twolegs applied more colorful coats to their bodies as the days grew colder, he had seen as such during the transition of his time among them, but to know that the shorter days bothered them? To the extent that they would limit the movement of such a free-roaming kittypet as Nina?

What a shame that she seemed so tied to them. Ash could imagine her in the life he lead so much more than the sheltered one she was already living. Something he could perhaps suggest she try.

The suspicion she aimed at him when he admitted to his background brought a laugh to life. "I said I used to be a clan cat," he reminded Nina. "I no longer claim that life as my own. There was..." He struggled to find the correct words, a brief frown flashing across his face as he thought. "There was a cat, in my clan, who had great power all of a sudden. I didn't agree with how he was using it so I left." And if he had felt the need to continue being a clan cat, he could have easily asked Creekclan or Moorclan to join. Neither option appealed to him and he was young enough to not want the trappings of the clan life. And without knowing how things had gone since his absence, Ash truly felt no desire to return. Even if everything had calmed down, there was still a much higher probability that he would continue his loner life. "But was there anything you wanted to know? I came to get to know you, after all, I have no problems returning the favor."

@nina | A/N:
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

PEBBLES
44 moons
Genderfluid
Yes
Pansexual
Former Loner
arcticwind

Quick Reply