Cold nights, Windy days (open)

Nov 26, 2019 18:42:32 GMT
The nights were getting colder and colder and that didn't really bother Mirage. She loved all seasons but she knew leaf bare was the hardest one to try and get through. Prey was scarce and everyone tried as hard as they could to make ends meat. Letting her footsteps guide her, Mirage trotted down the middle of the dirt path that was traveled on daily by monsters that smelled of filth and dead animals. Mirage knew when to look out for them and knew when it was safe. She had been out here for a long enough time to almost know the routine of these monsters. She even did ride in one when she was younger. They were big and you did have to watch them.

Keeping a steady pace going down the road the smell of the two clans on either side of the road danced in her nose. She looked to the one side and then the other and gave a soft smile. Picking up her trot a bit quicker she rounded the corner to a spot in the territory that was pretty neutral to the clans and her land as well. Leaping up onto a rock she looked around to see the fields of grass and trees swaying in the wind. The fall air was crisp but a little bit warmer then the other days that came and went. Sitting down on the rock she gave a sigh and curled herself into a little ball and shut her eyes just listening to the world around her.

Deleted
PEBBLES
Nov 26, 2019 20:08:04 GMT

Cause darling I'm a
nightmare
dressed like a
daydream
Nina had gotten an early start on the day. If she were to make it far out into the lands of the unknown, well then she had to wake just before sunrise. Her two-legs had still be sleeping, but it was nothing that some incessant meowing couldn't handle. After laying on the female's face and kneading at the male's hand, she was finally given food and her small but useful little escape door was unlocked. She had always been allowed to wander, as long as she came home. And well, she made it her mission to come home as quickly as she could whenever she left.

The last time she had ventured this far out, it had been quite the ruckus. But as the months grew colder, it seemed like the cars became fewer and fewer on the dirt road. For this she was grateful. Darting between the moving vehicles had never been her specialty and she sure didn't feel like losing her tail to one of those deathtraps anytime soon. Her fluffy coat whipped in the wind as she trotted alongside the dirt, her blue eyes scanning for any sort of life. 

Finally, another feline came into her few and her maw pulled into a wide grin. "Hey! You! Hello there!"  Her words were ecstatic, clearly full of excitement and wonder. She had been searching for a 'clan cat' for moons now...but she had never quite come across one. Her path changed drastically, heading for the rock that the feline was perched upon. "You don't happen to be from one of those clans that are supposed to be around here?" She prodded, her eyes glimmering with excitement. 

Never did it cross her mind that this feline could pose a threat to her life. Instead, she just needed all her questions answered...and hopefully answered now.

@mirage ● lalala first nina post ever. hope it's not garbage

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
[/quote]

Deleted
PEBBLES
Nov 26, 2019 20:18:13 GMT
Mirage opened her eyes when she heard another voice getting closer and closer to her. Mirage looked towards the direction of the cat that was talking and Mirage got up and watched bounce on over to her.
"You don't happen to be from one of those clans that are supposed to be around here?" the cat mewed looking excited as ever. Giving a stretch to wake her body up and get her blood flowing Mirage sat back down on the rock and mewed, ''Sadly no. I am just a loner traveling this part of the forest today.'' She picked up her back leg and gave the back of her ear a few scratches then turned her attention back onto the other cat. Mirage licked her lips and mewed, ''Sorry to disappoint..'' Hopefully she didn't kill the mood too badly after giving her news of not being one of those clan cats. Curiosity then struck Mirage and tilting her head she mewed, ''Do you always run up to strange cats asking them where they are from?'' Mirage gave a purr and leaped down from the rock and turned and faced the new cat who didn't even introduce her name yet. Hopefully that was going to come soon.

Deleted
PEBBLES
Nov 26, 2019 20:31:32 GMT
Cause darling I'm a
nightmare
dressed like a
daydream
The cat moved! Nina couldn't help but find her body almost vibrating in excitement. So today's trip was going to pay off. Not only had she stumbled upon a new cat she was unacquainted with, but this new cat was even going to indulge her with a conversation. Her ears perked up, hoping to catch the words that she longed to hear the most....

But alas, the dream was crushed as the she-cat told of her story. Just a loner exploring this part of the land. A small frown cross the molly's maw and she let one of her small paws hit the ground lightly in disappointment. "Well drats....I don't suppose you know any clan cats do you?" While this cat may not be from the clans, perhaps a loner like herself might be able to point the fluffy feline in the right direction. 

At her next question, Nina couldn't help it as a laugh escaped her maw. It was delicate and feminine, the exact sound many would expect to hear given her neatly kept coat. "Most of the time. I mean, sometimes they run away. But most usually will at least tell me to scram or something of the sort." Her words fell out of her mouth without any sort of effort...perhaps too easily. 

Tilting her head lightly she smiled. "I'm Nina. I livveeeee..." she paused briefly to survey her surroundings before pointing her tail towardsthe village, "...over that way. Got myself some nice two-legs who let my wander. As long as I come back nightly. Which I mean, I do every night. I'm not one to cause trouble." 

@mirage ● somebody come entertain this poor bab

Deleted
PEBBLES
Nov 26, 2019 21:49:44 GMT
Mirage just stared at the talking cat and really just got her name. Not moving Mirage just blink fast a few times and her eyes followed to where the other cat motioned to where she lived. Her eyes gazed back to Nina, apparently was her name and Mirage really didn't know what to say. ''You don't have a lot of friends do you?'' she asked expression not changing. Mirage then got up from her frozen state and gave a shake and mewed, ''Well, good for you I guess if you have a nice warm home to go back to that feed you. It's cute you have a little bedtime curfew, really it is..just not my type of living sadly.'' Giving a shrug she looked towards the place Nina pointed and mirage then blinked and mewed, ''Oh! I'm sorry my name is mirage.. and if I remember you asking sadly I do not know any of the clan cats. I will see them around here and there but I like to keep my distance from them. I don't bother them and they don't bother me.''

Deleted
PEBBLES
Nov 27, 2019 14:32:19 GMT
Cause darling I'm a
nightmare
dressed like a
daydream
Nina couldn't help her incessant babbling. It was really just in her blood to talk and talk. All of her life she had been friendly, even to complete strangers...which was exactly the situation she had found herself in now. But this stranger wasn't cruel, and that played in her favor. 

Mirage's words caught her ears and a bubbly laugh left Nina's maw. "Oh I have plenty of friends! Most stay back home. But there are some out here ya know. Even you! We'll be friends by the time I head home yet!" A purr followed her string of words as her head tilted slightly and her tail swayed absentmindedly.

"I don't think of it as a curfew I guess? They just like me home and I like being home...at night anyways. During the day I d enjoy my adventures." It was hard to drag her spirit down. Words of her home meant almost nothing. She had met these cats that didn't like with two-legs before and they didn't seem to really care one way or another towards her lifestyle. But clan cats....

The thought was cut off as Mirage spoke, hammering the nail in her last shred of hope. "Well It's nice to meet you Mirage. I am sad that you don't know the clan cats, but I suppose not many do. Well, except maybe other clan cats. I do wish I could see them some day. Or at least just one..." Her voice trailed into a thoughtful dream as her eyes glanced up towards the sky.   

@mirage  ● bwahaha 

Deleted
PEBBLES
Dec 4, 2019 1:47:43 GMT
Wow. This cat was really something..different. She was glad she was a happy go lucky cat but goodness was she all over the place. Mirage listened closely to her new friend as she was called and Mirage couldn't help but ask. ''So, why do you wish to meet or see a clan cat? Some of them are really mean and really do run once they see you or other will just kill you if you run up to them like you did with me asking a million questions..'' Raising an eyebrow she looked at Nina for a moment and finished, ''I'm happy to hear that you have a nice home to go back to but just not something I enjoy. But to each their own I guess. I like hunting for myself, not really getting food handed to me..'' Shrugging she looked around the territory and then up at the dark gloomy sky. Getting up she stretched her legs and arched her back, rolled her shoulders and gave a shake. ''Wish to keep going with me or you have bedtime you need to be home for?'' mirage mewed.

Deleted
PEBBLES

Quick Reply