ghosts of my past

stoatstar Avatar
stoatstar
Starclan
Nov 26, 2019 18:37:07 GMT
STOATSTAR
template by punki of adoxography
mmmm this is a crappy starter. i super apologize eeeeep
This was one way to sit and think. One way to let his brain try and make sense of the jumbled mess that had seemed to penetrate his every action. He missed her. More and more each day it seemed like...and Blizzardpaw wasn't helping. The fluffy white pelt was a constant reminder of his past...and while he had at first approached her with a stern demeanor because of it...he was beginning to take her under his wing for the same reason. 

A snarl cross his maw as he stared out into the Marsh. His paws had perched himself upon a log just at the perimeter. While most of the water had probably seeped into the earth and had begun to freeze, there was still enough to soak a cat's pelt...and with the air temps beginning to drop as leaf-bare approached, well he didn't feel like freezing to death. 

The ginger tabby took in a deep breath, letting his eyelids close as he attempted to relax into nothingness. Perhaps in this moment, alone by himself, he would find clarity. 

PEBBLES
62 Moons
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
jasminepetal Avatar
jasminepetal
Oneclan
Nov 27, 2019 15:32:25 GMT
WORDS:412
TAGGED:
NOTES:

The air was crisp as it whispered across the watery mire, mingling and dancing with the red and orange leaves of autumn as it went. The distinct ivory pelt of Jasminepetal crept slowly along the bank of the marsh. Her belly was pressed to the cold ground, so much so that the cold, muddy water has dyed her snow-like fur a shade of murky brown. The tip of her feathery tail twitched methodically and her brow furrowed with what resembled deep focus. She had her eyes transfixed on a plump frog that, to her luck, had yet to notice she existed. She was certainly close enough, but she wanted to be sure this time. Like really sure. Her haunches began to waggle as her claws slid from their sheaths. One, two, thr-...

Plunk. 

The wind had picked up just as the young warrior was about to pounce. Much to her misfortune, a flurry of leaves took flight and scattered themselves across the swamp water, and what she had hoped to be her next meal took to the murky depths. Jasmine had wanted to come back to the camp with some prey to offer, and it looked like that slimy frog had been her last hope. She angrily lashed her paw across the surface of the water, sending a shower of droplets in the opposite direction. "Can't fight, can't hunt. What are you good for?" the mutter rolled from her mouth in the form of a white cloud, and the little femme felt a touch of her disappointment subside as she watched the mist dissipate.  

Out of the corner of her eye, she swore she saw something move. Her bicolored gaze narrowed and soon dialed in on a rather familiar russet pelt. Stoatstar? Her small head cocked slightly as a spark of curiosity darted across her features. Most of her clanmates would leave the tom to his peaceful hunting, but Jasminepetal was always eager to chat with a familiar face. Without another thought, she bound off in the direction of her leader, oversized ears alert with excitement and a smile plastered across her maw. The dried leaves crunched loudly beneath her paws until she arrived at the edge of the water, unable to go any further without ending up soaking wet. 

"For your sake, I sure hope you don't fall!" The little she-cat chirped playfully, blissfully unaware that her unannounced presence was surely more startling that being perched up on a wobbly log. 

BY EDWARD OF GS

PEBBLES
female
heterosexual
@silky
stoatstar Avatar
stoatstar
Starclan
Nov 27, 2019 16:34:09 GMT
STOATSTAR
mmmm this is a crappy starter. i super apologize eeeeep
He hadn't really been hoping for company...or expecting it for that matter. He was calm and relaxed in his serene environment. Patrols had already gone out and returned, the clan should be quietly eating from various fresh kill that was sure to have been brought in. There was no need for anyone to be out and about that could possibly come his way. 

Yet here she was. And her scent was just masked enough by the marshy terrain that he had not noticed the presence of another feline until her words sent a startling sensation coursing through his body. Claws instinctively tried to attach to whatever surface they could grip onto. Thankfully, the tree held his weight as he attempted to quickly turn and face the voice. For a moment he wanted to scold her, how dare his apprentice do something so....

"You're not Blizzardpaw." The words were mumbled through a clenched maw as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. It would have been bad enough if it were Blizzardpaw, out here alone and startling random cats. He would have had to punish her. But this cat, well she was a warrior and could do as she pleased. "But you are her kin...if your looks didn't give you away your careless nature would." 

His tail lashed with annoyance as his maw pulled into what resembled some sort of a grimace. He couldn't quite place her name, though by her looks she was young...and he had to of been the one to grant her the name she now went by. But these past few moons, they all blurred together, one after another. And while he couldn't complain as it gave him less time to think and ponder, it was moments like this where he wished he could pay a little more attention to the details of each one passed. 

"Are there not enough patrols to keep you youngsters busy?"  

PEBBLES
62 Moons
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
jasminepetal Avatar
jasminepetal
Oneclan
Dec 4, 2019 3:10:23 GMT
JASMINEPETAL
TAGGED:
NOTES:UGH - BAD POST SORRY !

An icy breeze carried the tom's familiar voice to her ears and buffeted her silken fur. Any bitterness in the his tone was not detected by the young molly, or if it was, she remained seemingly unfazed. A smile played upon her thin lips at the mention of her younger sister. It was not the first time someone had mistaken one for the other, and it certainly would not be the last. She still felt such pride at the thought that her kin was chosen to train under the leader. 

"I'm trying to work on my hunting technique before Leaf Bare really sets in." As she spoke, her body quickly lowered into a hunter's crouch and she waggled her hindquarters. Although it was playful in nature, it was quite clear that the femme's skills left a lot to be desired.  Jasminepetal sprang back up and flicked her feathered tail at the flame colored tom. "I didn't interrupt your hunt did I, Stoatstar?" 

In her lifetime, she had spent such little time in his presence due to the unconventional upbringing she experienced while Creekclan had lost their territory. Since they had returned she had noticed how reserved and pensive he seemed. From time to time, she found herself thinking about how the clan and her clanmates might have been like before the bloodshed. Stoatstar was a common subject of her musings, but she was never able to pin a clear image of him. 

BY EDWARD OF GS

PEBBLES
female
heterosexual
@silky
stoatstar Avatar
stoatstar
Starclan
Dec 4, 2019 16:38:38 GMT
STOATSTAR
he is less than impressed
xD
The tom wasn't entirely sure what she was doing out here. But as her words caught his ears, he couldn't help but find a quizzical expression crossing his face. There was no stopping it...afterall when she had interrupted him it hardly seemed like she was hunting. She was, if anything, loudly flailing through the forest. Interrupt his hunt? Did he appear to be hunting? 

"I am hardly hunting." His voice was quick and abrupt...still avoiding as much contact with the molly as possible. But her inability to properly crouch had him questioning her training. "You don't actually hunt like that I hope? If so your sister is going to surpass your abilities quicker than I thought." While he hadn't meant to come off as rude, the tom was one who always spoke what was on his mind. It was what had gotten him this far, and he wasn't about to change his ways just to spare a young she-cat her feelings. 

He gave a soft sigh, realizing that his alone time was indeed gone and lost in the wind. "I suppose I'm already teaching one of you, another one can't help. You'll have to remind me who your mentor was so I can remind them to brush up on their own skills." The tom began to make his way to the lower end of the log, clearly they were going to be hunting...even if it meant finding themselves soaked in the marsh. 

PEBBLES
62 Moons
Tom
Hetero
Jelly
jasminepetal Avatar
jasminepetal
Oneclan
Dec 22, 2019 23:53:09 GMT
JASMINEPETAL
TAGGED:
NOTES:HOPE HE DOESNT REGRET THIS LOL

She head cocked slightly and her brows furrowed for only a tick as she wondered what the tom was actually up to. The middle of a frozen marsh was an awfully odd place for some deep thinking, but to each their own, she supposed. While his tone wasn't ignored, she felt no need to match it with any attitude of her own and dismissed it with a flick of her plumose tail.  "Oh I have no doubt Blizzardpaw will be a great warrior, especially with you as her mentor- even Hemlockbite should be on edge!" She claimed with a lighthearted chuckle. Most of Creekclan was familiar with the serious and determined nature of her brother, in some ways Stoatstar reminded her of him. 

Her pale skin flushed beneath her ivory fur at the thought of the hunting proposal and she tried to hush the nervous pulse that rippled through her body.  Yes, she knew how to hunt, in fact, it was one of the few things she was decent at. But, she feared that the complications that came along with the winter season would reflect poorly upon her abilities, in front of her leader nonetheless. 

"My mentor? Uhh, oh right my mentor was Crowmask." The clumsy response came after a moment of her stumbling over her words as she cleared her mind of any apprehensive thoughts. "He was very good to me, no worries Stoatstar." She had valued her time as his apprentice and often missed spending the day training with him. If she were being entirely truthful, the tom had been her first silly crush as a young she-cat and she often was too distracted by him to concentrate on the lesson of the day. She dainty paws pressed against the ground as she shifted her weight from one to the other. The ice encrusted marsh grass crunched under her weight as she waited for the larger tom. "Well lets go before my toes freeze off!"
BY EDWARD OF GS

PEBBLES
female
heterosexual
@silky
stoatstar Avatar
stoatstar
Starclan
Dec 23, 2019 18:02:38 GMT
{
}

The tom watched her carefully, hoping he wasn't going to completely regret this entire situation. At times he regretted giving himself an apprentice, though there was not much he could truly do about that not except for continue to train her and hope she turned out alright. As for Jasminepetal, well, she was already a trained warrior and this wasn't in his realm of expertise. He wasn't used to retraining warriors. 

He nodded his head along in recognition of her words..."He might have been good to you but he clearly needs more practice in teaching others." The tom's eyes shifted to the white furred femme with somewhat of an amused look as she spoke of frozen toes. It was the season for frozen toes and low prey. "We're going to have to check the unusual spots for frogs and salamanders. Rocks, mud burrows...I hope you'd already know this but perhaps not." He smiled softly, a break from his usual bland demeanor. 

His tail beckoned her to follow as he headed shallowly into the marshes. They wouldn't go far, the further in, the more likely it was to be less frozen and more mucky.    

''sorry this is a weird reply? xD
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0

PEBBLES
62 Moons
Tom
Hetero
Jelly

Quick Reply